Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do QAnon types focus on totally harmless celebs like Tom Hanks and Oprah for their child abuse conspiracies?

I don't get it. Oprah is a victim herself and has been an advocate for victims.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2020 7:24 PM

They are the wealthy Hollywood "elite".

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 9:42 PM

You want logical reasoning from Q-Anon cultists??? They attack cells like Hanks and Winfrey because they are outspoken Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 9:43 PM

My hope is that when Biden becomes president, all of these QAnon people get abducted in white vans and sold into the nonexistent white sex slavery they fear so much.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 9:48 PM

Why do they associate child molestation with "the elite"? Most kids who are molested are molested by someone they know, not by Hollywood celebrities

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 10:15 PM

I am Baphomet!

The Liberal Elite of Hollywood do my biding!

My chief lieutenant, Hillary Clinton, provides fresh children's bodies to me in sacrifice after her husband and the other Democrat leaders sexually molest them!

Only my power keeps Hillary's ankle and chest monitors from going off when she is globe-trotting, doing my work, procuring more tasty children for my needs and her husband's!

HAIL ME!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 10:30 PM

If Biden is elected, I want to see an extreme crackdown on right wing groups all across America. I want the white supremacist investigative body of the FBI reinstated, that the Trump administration removed his first week in office.

I want serious prison sentences for these white right wing terrorist organizations that have been wreaking havoc in the u.s. under the Trump reign. I want a strong forceful message sent to those assholes that they will not be tolerated in the least bit.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 10:30 PM

Because those fools love to shove their noses up Harvey Weinstein's ass every minute of the day in front of the media's cameras.

Guilty by association.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 10:33 PM

I'm confused by this as well; I mean, if you're going to pick a perv, why not Charlie Sheen or someone creepy looking like Paul Giamatti? But Tom Hanks? He's about as vanilla as they come.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2020 10:58 PM

R7, how many QAnon types shoved their noses up Trump's ass every minute of the day

Guilt by association

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2020 11:01 PM

R9, Republicans like you defend Mr. Pussygrabber

Does that make you guilty by association? Can we start some bullshit rumors about you being a sex trafficker? That's cool, right?

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2020 11:10 PM

Because making American institutions like Tom Hanks, pizza, hot dogs and Hollywood suspect is a real Putiney thing to do

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 11:14 PM

I've seen photos of these QAnon idiots and they are all just so fucking hideous. They look like they've never had sex a single day in their lives. How can they be so panicked about something they've never even had?

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote]Only my power keeps Hillary's ankles

Well, that was a low blow.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2020 11:27 PM

Because they are the last people you would expect. They want to turn everything on its ear by going after the most ridiculous scenario.

Like if trump was nominated for a Nobel price.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 11:31 PM

Winfrey because she's black.

She's a woman.

She's rumored to be a lez.

She's a Democrat.

Ticks all of the boxes for these dumb cunts.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 11:34 PM

Because Oprah and Hanks are not going to get into the muck with them. If they go after a Seth Rogen or another on Twitter celebrity they are going to respond at some point. Pointing at Hanks or Oprah they can say their silence is their guilt.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 11:35 PM

They'd better look around their trailer parks because, *in real life*, that's where most child molestation occurs.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 11:39 PM

WHET to that actual idiot who went to that DC pizza parlor and shot up the place? Still in prison? Does he still believe this shit?

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 11:49 PM

The deranged conspiracy theorists against Tom Hanks really exploded after he was the first major celebrity to reveal he’d tested positive for COVID.

Conspiracy theorists also tend to be COVID-deniers, hence people who believe that anyone claiming to test positive is a government stooge being paid to lie.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 11:56 PM

r19, good point

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 12:11 AM

These are very low IQ people. They probably think that believing this convoluted crap makes them seem smarter than they actually are.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 12:20 AM

r21, that's true

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 4:04 AM

I used to go for this sort of horseshit, until..Lithium.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 6:20 AM

[quote]Still in prison?

Edgar Maddison Welch, AFAIK, is still in prison, to be released next year, in June, I think. There will supposedly follow 36 months of supervision during which he is to have no contact with the Comet pizzaria.

[quote]Does he still believe this shit?

That is a very good question, R18, to which I cannot find an answer.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 10:08 AM

Here's an article by someone whose father is a QAnon nut, detailing his descent into conspiracy madness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 10:12 AM

R11 Since when is pizza an American institution?

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 10:19 AM

The idea of the rich elite being part of some kind of sex-based cult goes way, way back, at least to the 1800s in the US, but of course there are historically a whole lot of examples, especially those associated with religion. For modern rightwing Christians, the idea harkens back to their (probably sketchy) understanding of Sodom and Gomorrah, as well as antisemitic rumors of child eating, child molestation, slavery, etc.

Starting prior to WWI, a lot of rich far-right Europeans got their antisemitism on by creating conspiracy theories that the Jews were secretly controlling various royal families, governments, starting wars, things like that. The West pretended that most of this died down after WWII but it really didn't; the New World Order of the 80s and 90s was just a continuation of that particular brand of antisemitism, and it directly lead to the QAnon antisemitic fantasies of today.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 10:33 AM

All QAnon type are totally batshit crazy mentally ill. Padded room level mentally ill.

Who knows why they believe the things they believe.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 10:43 AM

Because somewhere in western Tennessee a fat pig in a trailer park decided it would be fun to stir some shit on the internet.

We have the gay equivalent posting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 10:47 AM

My coworker's son was pretty much accosted by one of these wackadoos - going on and on about how the stimulus checks came from, 'Trump storming the Vatican and getting back our gold!', like he's some sort of superhero. This was a young kid and he was absolutely serious.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 10:53 AM

I wouldn't exactly say that Oprah is "totally harmless" (that being said I don't believe she necessarily is a child molester, but she is involved with some abusers and other sketchy things) but you're right nonetheless. The whole Tom Hanks obsession is absolutely ridiculous and I don't understand these QAnon types. Their focus is totally on the wrong people and the wrong directions. It's not even funny anymore. These people are constantly spreading misinformation and even though they get made fun of a lot, it's still kinda dangerous, especially in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 11:04 AM

It's a known fact that the abused grow up to be abusers in 99.99999999999999999999% of the time. The only exception is if they die first.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 11:32 AM

R32 Where did you get that fact? Out of your ass?

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 12:25 PM

R32--That is most certainly not a "known fact". There's plenty of apt aspersions to cast upon the ignorant Q's. No need to derail the conversation with your wild imaginings.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 12:36 PM

R31 is a Q trying to slip in some lies about Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 2:28 PM

R24, thanks for the update.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 2:32 PM

R19, and yet they're silent on Chuck Woolery calling it a hoax and less than 24-hours revealing his son had it and then deleting his account.

Gee, it's almost like QAnon are selective in who they target. Almost like it's based on political ideology as they ignore the countless photos and video of Trump WITH someone like Jeffery Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 2:41 PM

[quote] they ignore the countless photos and video of Trump WITH someone like Jeffery Epstein.

Or the countless, questionable photos of Trump with Ivanka...

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 2:43 PM

They target famous Dems because it's a political operation, same as that pizzagate nonsense. Most condpiracy tbeories are grow out of right-wing politics these days.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 2:49 PM

R12 lmao

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 2:57 PM

R31, there is no zero evidence that she's a child molester, nothing "sketchy" about her at all. Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 3:41 PM

They are spreading around fake "flight logs" from Epstein's plane to falsely implicated stars like Chrissy Teigen and Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 3:43 PM

There are a shitload of them running for office. It's their new Tea Bagger nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 3:50 PM

These people are stupid. Not even my classmates in elementary school were this gullible. What happened to these idiots that they are so brainwashed and gullible?

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 3:51 PM

These people are cutting off family members and acting so certifiable that family members are cutting them off. This shit is literally breaking up marriages and families.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 5:17 PM

I wish we could just dismiss them as kooks....I know several people (co-workers) who are "believers"

Granted, none of them are terribly bright, nut they're no mentally ill weirdos, either.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 5:43 PM

Who started this? Was it one person or a group?

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 5:48 PM

It's a 4chan prank. That's all it is.

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 5:56 PM

I get that stars think it's better to ignore this crap and rise above.....but I wish one of them would sue for slander to discourage this crap

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 10:02 PM

Fat fuck Jones got sued by the Sandy Hook parents and LOST yet he still carries on spreading lies and bullshit.

It just stopped him from saying Sandy Hook was a "hoax" and "crisis actors". Didn't take him off the air, throw his fat worthless ass in jail or drive him into penury (which is what needs to happen to shut these disgusting pigs up).

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2020 1:32 AM

QAnon loon Marjorie Greene just won her primary. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote]Fat fuck Jones got sued by the Sandy Hook parents and LOST yet he still carries on spreading lies and bullshit.

He also got sued and lost to Chobani for claiming Syrian (or Iraqi?) refugees who were given some jobs at a Chobani facility in Idaho were raping little white girls and spreading tuberculosis. And assholes even on DL were spreading that lie.

Because escaping war and watching your country destroyed and loved ones perish isn't enough shit to deal with, you should also deal with a fat, parasitic fuck profiting off of despicable lies about you as you try to have some semblance of a normal life.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2020 1:52 AM

Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2020 10:16 AM

[quote]It's a 4chan prank. That's all it is.

R48, it's a bit more sinister than that. 4chan and 8chan seem to have been the proving ground for Russian troll brigades, in terms of a psyop/social experiment, to memetically spread disinformation and influence American opinions. The original 'Pizzagate' post appeared on 4chan, and within three weeks, Russian troll accounts were already amplifying it.

'Pizzagate' was the early model for what has since become 'QAnon.' It is Russian-controlled, aimed at benefiting Trump, which explains why all of its targets are generally Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2020 10:53 AM

Comet Ping Pong/Pizza in DC wasn't chosen by the trolls at random. It's owned by James Alefantis, former boyfriend of David Brock, current CEO of Media Matters for America. Brock was formerly a right-wing media hitman during the early 1990s, but changed sides, siding with the Clintons and the Democratic Party. The right's butthurt over Brock has never ended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2020 11:11 AM

Hand her over, Oprah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2020 12:25 PM

R26. Count how many pizza shops you pass by on your commute. It's also available at every gas station. It's one side of the aisle of every grocery store. It's served at every school function and child's party. It's served once a week at most offices. Americans eat pizza way more than Italians.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2020 12:36 PM

This bit from r25's article is scary:

There have been other instances of QAnon members making headlines for acting on their beliefs. In Staten Island, a man killed a high-profile mob member because he believed he was a member of the deep state. In Sedona, Arizona, a man vandalized a Catholic church because of his belief that the Vatican is tied to the deep state. And in Tucson, a man interfered with water tanks left out for migrants by a humanitarian group because he believed the water was left out for members of the deep state. Most recently, an Illinois woman traveled to New York City to “take out” Joe Biden. She was detained for making death threats and found to have more than a dozen illegal knives.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2020 3:12 PM

You think that's bad, R58 (the woman armed with knives driving to NYC to take out Biden), here in Canada a guy in the military drove across the country to take out Justin Trudeau.

He crashed his truck through the gates of the residence, wandered around the property for 15 minutes before police arrived, was armed with multiple guns and had tons of ammo. The RCMP took two hours to apprehend him and the media was friendly to the guy because he had been through a rough time with the Covid restrictions. I'm not even kidding. They labeled him a "friendly sausage maker" (he owned a sausage company) and media reports were sympathetic to him, claiming he only wanted to "talk" to the PM (even though he threatened to kill or harm him).

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2020 3:24 PM

They are making it harder to combat ACTUAL child abuse and human trafficking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2020 5:56 PM

Nobody wants fat flyover deplorables' smelly kids! I think this is their way of trying to feel special.

by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2020 6:28 PM

It's really pretty simple. Some people can't deal with chaos and stress and rapid change, and in response they turn to anything they can find that offers a simple, all-encompassing answer to everything - that makes sense of everything around them. QAnon does that - it explains absolutely everything and reduces everything to simple good/evil, right/wrong. It's like a cartoon. And the easiest way to make people appear evil is to associate them with child abuse and pedophilia.

It's similar to what motivates evangelical Christians. For them, the Bible provides all the answers - no gray areas, no nuance; everything is either right or wrong. It's for people who can't handle complexity and chaos in the world.

by Anonymousreply 62August 12, 2020 6:42 PM

Re: Pizzagate:

"Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump · Jul 30 Support Patio Pizza and its wonderful owner, Guy Caligiuri, in St. James, Long Island (N.Y.). Great Pizza!!! @Varneyco"

Come ON, now. Isn't Epstein's island 'Little St. James'? No wonder these freaks feel encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 63August 12, 2020 7:13 PM

(41) I literally never said she was a child molester, I even fucking emphasized it if you actually read what I said. I said that she is/was involved with some sketchy people which is literally a fact (like Weinstein). She was BFF's with the motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 64August 12, 2020 7:49 PM

You were implying it, sick PEDO-OBSESSED QAnon FREAK at R31 / R64.

Go spread your lies elsewhere, sicko.

by Anonymousreply 65August 12, 2020 8:49 PM

I think QAnon-types are projecting. I think they fantasize about fucking kids and the red pills are really roofies they want to give to kids so they can rape them

by Anonymousreply 66August 12, 2020 8:52 PM

r64, tons of wealthy and famous people knew Weinstein. If you were rich you would have hung out with him, too. That doesn't make someone "sketchy"

by Anonymousreply 67August 12, 2020 9:10 PM

QAnon was created on 4chan by pedos about demonic pedos so it was probably a way for them to throw people off their trail and it was adapted by Trump's people (probably suggested by Putin) to inflame their already fantasy thinking base. The irony is that they think girl rapist Trump is going to save the world from the baby eating Satanist deep state. The people who buy into this need to be institutionalized.

by Anonymousreply 68August 12, 2020 9:15 PM

R67, they're so fucking stupid to think sketchy people are exclusive to one political ideology, particularly when you do it in defense of absolute garbage like Trump. How do you have the nerve to defend a creep like Trump and think you're the one taking the "red pill"? Fuck. You. Hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 69August 12, 2020 9:17 PM

Fuck off, PEDO-OBSESSED Q-LOON at R69.

NO ONE here is being sway by your insanity.

by Anonymousreply 70August 12, 2020 9:52 PM

Apology ro R69. You didn't word it very clearly. It sounded like you were a "BOTH SIDES! BOTH SIDES!!!" Troll, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 71August 12, 2020 9:53 PM

No worries, R71. I should've worded it better. I'm just so fed up with those QA morons thinking they're the ones who live in reality when their reality treats the right-wing like they're pure as the driven snow. Trump is a predator to any normal person.

by Anonymousreply 72August 12, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote]These people are cutting off family members and acting so certifiable that family members are cutting them off. This shit is literally breaking up marriages and families.

A few years back, I cut off contact with a cousin who is a Flat Earther. I recently found from other relatives that he is gone nuts with QAnon shit and some relatives have cut off contact.

I have a friend who cut off contact with her mother and step-father who are QAnon'ers and covid deniers.

by Anonymousreply 73August 16, 2020 1:46 AM

I read this last night on LA Magazine. Pretty good article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2020 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!