Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Broadway Star Danny Burstein on His Struggles After COVID-19: "I'm Not Really Sure How I'm Doing"

The six-time Tony Award nominee and 'Moulin Rouge! The Musical' star reflects on his life following six days in the hospital, including caring for his wife, fellow stage performer Rebecca Luker, in her battle with ALS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 10:09 PM

How terrible.

Rare for women to have ALS. It is a horrible disease.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 8:07 PM

Heartbreaking

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 9:43 PM

the scariest section:

Four months later — and here's the honest truth — I'm not really sure how I'm doing. While my symptoms have dissipated for the most part, they also remain in subtle and, on some days, not-so-subtle ways. I can suffer terrible exhaustion. I've had swelling in my hands and feet. I had a few weeks where I had short-term memory loss; that went away thankfully. I read survivor websites and hear from other people who have also experienced this illness in similar ways. Sadly, it seems anyone who's suffered with COVID-19 has also had some kind of residual symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 10:03 PM

Much love and light to them both.

I have a friend who is probably in the last months of his life due to ALS. He lives in my hometown, and so I've not been able to return and see him since February due to Covid. It's a cruel, ceaseless fucker of a disease that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!