Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn't Blanche confront George about his affair in The Golden Girls?

When George reappeared why didn't Blanche ask about his infidelity? Just one year before she found out he had fathered a son whilst married to her and it devastated her.

Surely when her rage subsided about him faking his own death she would want answers about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2020 2:29 PM

It was a recurring dream, so - much like the interior architecture of the house - regular logic doesn't apply.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 7:10 PM

She was wronged!

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 11:45 PM

She was too distracted by the son’s prominent bulge.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 11:52 PM

Lack of continuity control editors.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 12:33 AM

R4: They were all cartoon characters after Season 4 anyway. The writers just wrote them in situations and made up family and backstories and everything else as needed, continuity be damned. The Slut dreams of her dead husband while The Loser is courted by Sony Bono and Lyle Wagner. The Mean Old Bitch has a fourth man she annulled a marriage to, while The Retard hates her sister from her very large farm family who all loved each other.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 12:38 AM

r5

Other than Guido, Who else did Sophia get an annulment from?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 12:54 AM

R6: Hmmm. Maybe not annulment, but wasn't it arranged for her to marry Augstine? So she was married AND betrothed? My point still stands though.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 1:18 AM

r7

Augustine was her first kiss but she was promised to a pygmy boy and she stood on a rock to get Sal

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 1:21 AM

Why didn’t Mark Moses have a BIGGER career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 1:50 AM

Let’s try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 1:53 AM

It was a damn dream .

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 1:59 AM

While maybe not a popular opinion, the dream episode is one of my all time favorites. I loved the Dorothy and Sonny/Lyle storyline, and Rue really played the sadness of waking from the dream so well.

As an aside, I wonder why we never met Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 2:08 AM

R8: No, she was supposed to marry him but set sail to America, thereby breaking it off. And if we're including Sicily stories, then you're forgetting the Goat Boy she could have married.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 2:43 AM

r13

close

Augustine was Sophia Petrillo's first love and fiancee. They were briefly engaged, but then Augustine went off to war and the two never saw each other again.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 4:06 AM

There was also Giuseppe Mangiacavallo, who left Sophia at the altar back in Sicily, so she put a curse on him: "May you be sterile and may all your offspring be sterile!"

Also, she mentioned once that she became briefly engaged to a brother when they had to share a bed together as teens.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 7:14 AM

[quote]As an aside, I wonder why we never met Charlie?

His doppelganger appeared on THE GOLDEN PALACE, played by Eddie Albert. Rose becomes obsessed with the hotel guest because of the uncanny resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 7:18 AM

I just learned that Mark and Burke Moses are brothers. I loved Burke as Gaston and in that one episode of The Nanny where he plays a gangster and Fran's love interest.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 7:21 AM

To be honest, I was more distracted by the clip-clip of her high heel mules during that affair episode, that I heard nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 7:31 AM

clip-clop*

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 7:31 AM

How does ancient porker Blanche get a decades younger decent looking boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 9:18 AM

[R5] I remember reading that they hired new writers that never actually watched the show before, so they just pieced together things with no regard to past episodes.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote] Augustine was Sophia Petrillo's first love and fiancee.

Unless Augustine was a female, he wasn’t her “fiancée.”

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2020 1:29 PM

She should have confessed to all her affairs

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 2:09 PM

Has DL ever debated whether or not Blanche was a true slut or just a big talker.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2020 2:11 PM

She was a slut but not a massive one.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2020 2:22 PM

“Sonny Bono, get off my lanai.”

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2020 2:26 PM

I thought the episode would have been much more powerful if they didn't have that stupid Sonny Bono subplot

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2020 2:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!