Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Glenn Greenwald--Shithead

More proof that Glenn Greenwald is a piece of shit. Here he is trying to argue Chasten is a "survivor". Typical Glenn--one of those "both sides do it!" libertarian types. Any gay person who continues to support this guy needs to think clearly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2020 8:38 AM

Read the rest of the thread to see how far Glenn's delusions go.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 6:00 PM

Link doesn't work, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 6:33 PM

He's not actually arguing that. He's defending a Congressional candidate in MA who is getting shit thrown at him because he had an affair with a college student when he lectured a couple of times at said college.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 6:35 PM

R3, are you sure? I thought he could also be referring to his own relationship with his partner which began when they were (I think) 19?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 6:36 PM

Just glanced at it but reads like an attempt at sarcasm to me.

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 6:44 PM

Is GG the Lesbian on the right side of the photo?

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 6:45 PM

K.D. Lang is now a foreign asset? The world turns quick.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 6:46 PM

Right, at some point Glenn was attractive, but he looks like wax now.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2020 6:48 PM

OP completely missed the point of the thread.

Sarcasm is a tricky device to use in 2020. People are so tipped toward outrage that they don’t think or even read before passing judgment.

He’s saying the left now has a puritanical element that is damaging primarily to itself.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2020 6:51 PM

R9, ok, I can see that. If that's what he was trying to convey, I take this thread back :-)

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2020 6:54 PM

He's right though. Wokism is a cancer on society and will lead to more and more civil unrest in the future. There is no difference between woke activism and hardcore evangelism with regard to its fanaticism, its unfounded truth-claims, and its moral superiority complex.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 6:55 PM

R11, i know he wasn't saying Chasten wasn't actually a survivor but he could have used his own personal life to prove his point as opposed to someone else's.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 6:56 PM

Don't forget Michelle was Barack's adviser when he started at Sidney Austin, in a position of power over him. Then he asks her out, which is clearly harassment.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2020 7:02 PM

Chasten wasn't a student at a college where Buttigieg was teaching. That's the real issue here, especially if Alex Morse was going against UMASS policy, consensual relations or not. Morse's sexual orientation is irrelevant as is the age difference.

Talk about idiotic false equivalencies!

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 8:52 PM

R14 Well said. It also has nothing to do with "Wokism" of Puritanicalism. I

I find it funny that on the other thread, many posters blame so-called puritanical Americans for being so provincial, and trying to ruin him, as if he is some innocent victim of mob mentality.

Complete rubbish. This happens in the UK at various different schools, and colleges. No one defends the faculty member. He is always unceremoniously removed, and a few people may say, too bad, he was a nice chap, was popular with his students, yet they always see the misstep. As a role model, as a mentor, and as an employee, one must follow the rules. It's quite simple actually.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 10:41 PM

Geez, OP, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 10:54 PM

New 3-hour interview with Glenn Greenwald. Two DL villains in one broadcast:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2020 8:20 AM

He was being sarcastic, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2020 8:29 AM

Isn’t he living in that hellhole Brazil or something?

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2020 8:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!