Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If You Love Your Family, Stay the Hell Away From Them

People are letting their guards down while visiting loved ones, and it's putting them—and everyone else around them—at risk.

US Corona outbreaks are increasingly tied to small family gatherings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 10:09 PM

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 3:32 PM

I had a death in the family recently (not COVID related) and a relative from Virginia ended up traveling to NY where my family lives in order to do a little service with our mutual relatives, scattering of some ashes and such, and I WAS SO ANGRY AT MY COUSIN AND MY MOTHER -- I refused to go because PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE TRAVELING FOR ANY REASON RIGHT NOW and if I got my mother sick I'd never forgive myself. So I see pictures on Facebook of this thing and my mother's there hugging my cousin, who just came from the South, not wearing a mask. I WAS FURIOUS. It's been a few weeks so everything seems to be fine but HOW STUPID, HOW FUCKING STUPID.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 3:33 PM

I'm an RN. I work in a hospital. I deal with patients who have COVID-19.

AND I HAVE TO TELL MY FUCKING CO-WORKERS THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE VISITING RELATIVES THEY DON'T LIVE WITH! CALL, SKYPE ZOOM, WHATTHEFUCKEVER, BUT WE'RE MORE LIKELY THAN ANYONE ON THE PLANET TO SPREAD IT WITHOUT REALIZING IT.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 3:41 PM

The truth is my dad is very old and living across the country with my sister. If he dies, I would go. I know it's not recommended during these times, but I would have to be there

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!