Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Christie To Help Trump Prepare For Biden Debates

Oh, boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 10, 2020 8:26 PM

Biden should NOT debate.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 11:50 AM

Choke on a hoagie.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 11:50 AM

Trump doesn't need to prepare. All he needs to do is shout over Biden, constantly interrupt with things like, "Wrong!" and, "Excuse me! Excuse me!" then say a wild and obvious lie, which will derail whatever topic Biden was discussing for the next five minutes. Then the moderator moves on. Lather, rinse, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 11:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 11:53 AM

And takeout food services in the area are rejoicing!

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 11:55 AM

Christie's murder of Rubio in a debate was incredible.

Liz Warren matched it in her massacre of Bloomberg.

I like it when a politician is obliterated in a debate.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 11:56 AM

R6 well you should enjoy a Trump v. Biden match then.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 11:59 AM

I can't bring myself to watch. I can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2020 12:24 PM

Get in line for the pie eating contest.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2020 12:27 PM

The only thing he will help himself to is the last Big Mac, causing Trump to fire him once again.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2020 1:40 PM

Bulwark's Tim Miller:

Trump's debate team is made up of 4 guys. The first put the second guys dad in jail and made the 3rd guy the fall man for their joint corruption. The 4th guy was kept out of the White House over a hooker scandal.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 6:39 PM

Well, that would explain why Trump gets tripped up, calling Biden "Fatboy" in the official debates.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 6:46 PM

It's the obese leading the enormous.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2020 7:25 PM

Dum and Dumber part 3.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 7:28 PM

He doesn't listen to anybody, so any preparation is futile.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 7:32 PM

Wow, you guys are ON today. Thank you for all the laughs on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 7:51 PM

I don't give a fuck if Biden is lifeless mummified corpse by Nov. I will vote for it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 7:56 PM

Hillary won every debate but she still lost. Who cares? I think people have made up their minds after the last 4 years. You either love or hate Dump. No inbetween.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 8:01 PM

What I find interesting is that Pence's people have been cut completely out of dep prep. I wonder if they suspect that Team Pence has been leaking to Project Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 11:08 PM

Trump doesn't have the intelligence or political know-how to sell himself. All he has is delusional bravado. He'll brag about something 4 different ways and think he just delivered an incredible explanation.

In 2016 it was all about "genius dealmaking billionaire wants to make America great again". He didn't, and he can't. He's a failure, and if Independents and fence-sitters vote for him again they are fools.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 11:50 PM

Is Chris Christie employed?

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 1:20 AM

What a pair of scruple-free bags of shit--no wonder they can't quit each other.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 1:45 AM

I thought Christie hated trump

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 1:49 AM

When has that stopped Republicans from licking his Orange Anus R23?

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 1:51 AM

Oh to own the McDonald's franchise near wherever they are prepping....

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 1:52 AM

What if Biden just didn’t debate

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 1:53 AM

That's smart. Christie is a good pick to play Trump in debate practice.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 1:54 AM

Everyone’s mind is made up. I don’t see what Biden has to gain by debating. Covid offers the perfect reason to decline...

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 2:04 AM

Is he bringing the hamberders?

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 2:06 AM

I thought they were skipping debates this year?

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 2:09 AM

R21, Christie has been making bank since leaving the Governor's office. He has his own law firm, is a crisis consultant and recently registered as a lobbyist. He has the ABC gig and is on the paid lecture circuit. He sits on the Boards of some corporations/non-profits. He and his wife are partners in a real estate investment firm, and they recently started a charity to help small businesses in NJ that are struggling with Covid19.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 1:05 PM

[quote] He has his own law firm, is a crisis consultant and recently registered as a lobbyist.

He's a real life Olivia Pope!

After the orange menace is dragged out of the office kicking and screaming or dead, what are all these shitstains permanently tainted by their association with him going to do? Just assume that the next day will be business as usual?

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 1:12 PM

People surrounding Trump will become Fox / Oann commentators, some will go to work for Think Tanks, probably all of them will write books and give speeches to Republican groups. The rich ones will have family money to fall back on. The delusional ones will run for office.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 1:22 PM

R23, I believe R24 might be correct.

I recall that disgraced New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's wife, Mary Patt, rolled her eyes at the inauguration or some other event when DT was speaking.

It seemed to me that disgraced ex- governor Chris Christie was hungry to be in DT's cabinet or at least to be appointed to any position in the administration. Christie needs a job. Disgraced ex-governor Christie also seems starved for attention. In my opinion, Chris is still kissing orange ass hoping for some type of government position or publicity. He's out of work and not in the media, I think Chris would eat up any type of coverage his debate prep could gain.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 7:17 PM

How is it that neither of these evil fat fuckers have had heart attacks yet?

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 7:23 PM

Trump played Christie for a fool before and after the election and now he's looking to help him with his debate strategy. I'm sure Ted Cruz is also willing to help in anyway he can. Once a fool, always a fool.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 7:29 PM

R35 Satan removed their hearts and turned them into Stepford Demons.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 8:22 PM

Christie is crafty and quick, but Trump will not be following ANYONE during the actual debates. He'll be threatening and bragging and bullshitting his record. That is when he's not cutting Biden down like a middle schooler on the playground.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 8:37 PM

I wish they drug tested before the debates.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 8:46 PM

It would be awesome if Trump and Christie both dropped dead.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 8:47 PM

I'm curious how Pence will prepare for the debate against Harris.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 9:21 PM

Hardy and Arbuckle.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 9:45 PM

Two fat fucks, hope they die while gouging on McDonald’s.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 9:52 PM

New York magazine has an article about disarray in the Trump campaign. What's interesting is that the author relates a story that Bill Stepien hates Christie's guts, and that Jared hired Stepien as a fuck you to Christie. Which raises the question - how the hell did Christie get dragged into debate prep?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2020 7:16 PM

R6 Both of those were glorious. Warren's was savage because I didn't know that she had it in her. Rubio was a media darling and I always love when the media doesn't get their preferred candidate. Rubio's inability to go outside his scripted talking points was such an instant bonerkiller.

by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2020 7:30 PM

I don't know if it will happen or that he will do it, or that he can even do it, but it would be glorious for Biden to eviscerate and/or humiliate Trump at least once in the debates.

by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2020 7:41 PM

as if that fat fuck needed to debase himself even further

by Anonymousreply 47August 16, 2020 9:51 PM

well the outlaw jersey whale does know how to socially distance.....having an entire state's seashore all to himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote] I thought Christie hated trump

When Nicolle Wallace was talking to Christie about his book, Christie mentioned several times that he likes Trump and they are still friends. Nicolle looked like she wanted to slap that fat pig across the face.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2020 1:28 AM

Cockgobbler Jared Kushner will not be happy about this because Christie prosecuted Charles Kushner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2020 2:17 AM

Christie's book came out a year ago, so Jared already knows what Christie has to say about Charlie Kushner. It's just weird how Christie has been drawn back into Trump's debate prep, when Jared hates him so much and has stabbed him in the back.

Some day Lin-Manuel Miranda will do a musical about the crazy relationship between the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2020 4:16 AM

Instead of a debate they should both be required to offer a presentation on their plans for the country and submit a series of public job interviews with panels of experts (I.e. economists, environmentalists, educators, Union leaders, etc.). I’m tired of all the antics that treat a debate like a sports match.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2020 4:44 AM

The word “prepare” should be in quotes, because it is highly unlikely that there will be any preparation occurring. We’ve heard from people who are aware that the intelligence briefers have had an impossible task to get him ready for any meetings. The dolt hates to read the materials — and he doesn’t — and thinks that he knows better than people who are experts and have studied the issues extensively. He’d rather wing it, because, after all, he has a “big brain, is a “stable genius,” and has the “best words.”

It hardly matters. tRump’s supporters will vote for this deranged fool no matter what. And Biden’s supporters are voting for him and against the Dotard with the same if not greater fervor. We’re counting on there being more of us than there are of them.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2020 10:32 AM

[quote]Chris Christie To Help Trump Prepare For Biden Debates

Will this involve them sitting on each other?

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2020 10:36 AM

Chris Christie was just on Colbert. He said that he hadn't begun helping Trump with debate prep, but he would if asked. So basically, the leaks about Trump taking debate prep seriously were just more bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2020 5:04 AM

What does Joe Biden have to gain by "debating" a deranged sideshow clown like Trump? Nothing of substance can be discussed by Trump because he knows nothing of substance about the job as President!

If he refuses to debate Trump, the GOP will say it's because he's senile, and if he does debate Trump, it will just be another Trump infomercial for his insanity and thuggery.

by Anonymousreply 56August 28, 2020 5:19 AM

If Biden refuses to debate Trump, then Trump is off the hook and the Republicans will tell their base it's evidence that Biden is in a mental decline and hiding.

If Biden goes to the debates, he gets to make his case to the American public, particularly the public that hasn't been paying attention to politics until this point. He absolutely needs to show up.

by Anonymousreply 57August 28, 2020 5:30 AM

If Biden makes a fool out of Trump in the first debate, will Trump go to the next? Or will he just say, I’m so busy being President I don’t have time to go? I’m surprised he isn’t trying that out already.

by Anonymousreply 58August 28, 2020 7:36 PM

By giving him carb loading advice?

by Anonymousreply 59August 28, 2020 7:57 PM

Is he going to shit in The Donald's mouth?

by Anonymousreply 60August 28, 2020 8:00 PM

More weirdness on the debate prep front. Chris Christie said on Colbert last week that he hadn't begun debate prep with Trump but he would if he was asked.... meaning he hadn't been asked. Now, after Trump screws the pooch with his obnoxious comments about the military, suddenly there's another article coming out about how seriously Trump is taking debate prep and that they've already had three strategy meetings and prep sessions, even though they haven't picked someone yet to play Biden. In light of Christie's comments, it's just more bullshit.

I think they are seriously trying to con the Republican donors into believing that Trump can turn things around at the debates, in order to get more donor money coming in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Good Lord, his supporters don't care how he does at the debates. He bombed in the 2016 debates by any standard, and still squeaked by in enough swing states. As always, NOTHING he does shakes the blind faith of his supporters. It's just that there might not be enough of them this time (fingers crossed).

by Anonymousreply 62September 4, 2020 4:19 PM

Biden should just forget about "answering" any absurdities Trump ventilates and just use the debates as a campaign platform.

by Anonymousreply 63September 4, 2020 4:20 PM

Biden didn't perform too well in debates during primaries, he made it out unscathed mostly because others helped him out. But that strategy won't work with Trump. Also Biden isn't very good at improv, too many gaffes. I am a bit worried.

by Anonymousreply 64September 4, 2020 4:24 PM

Completely agree with r63 .

by Anonymousreply 65September 4, 2020 4:28 PM

I want to see some emotion from Biden. Anger, offense, get worked up over [bold]something[/bold], anything.

by Anonymousreply 66September 4, 2020 4:47 PM

I guess you're not watching Biden's statements, R66. Or you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 67September 4, 2020 5:33 PM

Not a troll, r67, but in the primaries that was my biggest complaint. I’m screaming at the TV and he’s calm as a cucumber. That may be a good thing, but when you’re debating trump and he outright lies, especially about something easily disprovable, I'd rather see Joe get angry than his current “laugh at trump’s stupidity” that I’ve seen so far.

I want him to play a little dirtier, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 68September 4, 2020 5:37 PM

Is he helping craft the pre-debate menu?

by Anonymousreply 69September 4, 2020 5:54 PM

Maybe that muscle stud Marco Rubio will help Trump prepare. Rubio is a buff sexy stud.

by Anonymousreply 70September 4, 2020 6:09 PM

IS Golden Corral back in business ?

by Anonymousreply 71September 4, 2020 6:39 PM

I can't believe all of these Republicans that Trump continuously trashes over and over again, who then distance themselves from him - BUT, when Trump calls, they sure are there for him!

No morals, no ethics, and no fucking self respect.

by Anonymousreply 72September 4, 2020 6:43 PM

All that whey protein powder and creatine that Rubio consumes is expensive.

by Anonymousreply 73September 4, 2020 6:45 PM

Trump is going to be hit hard at the first debate for calling the military losers. I don't know how they even prepare Trump for that, he's not capable of dealing with criticism.

by Anonymousreply 74September 5, 2020 6:12 PM

There's an article about Trump spurning traditional debate prep - he's basically doing nothing to prepare except having a few chats with his staff members on issues, and we know how well Trump absorbs information from his staffers. What a putz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 9, 2020 3:17 PM

Two dozen Big Macs per training sessions, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 76September 9, 2020 3:19 PM

I hope Biden turns the tables on Mafia Don and asks him direct questions where giving real answers makes him look terrible and spewing his usual nonsense makes him look stupid and amateurish. trump's ego is massive, and he hates being embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 77September 9, 2020 3:22 PM

He doesn't need any preparation to keep his base, which is his strategy. He just needs to mouth off on the issues in his usual braggadocious way.

by Anonymousreply 78September 9, 2020 3:22 PM

They tried this the last time. Trump does not prepare. Well he at least sat and listened for a little while the last time.

Now? As President? Forget it. It goes straight to their heads, the power and deference they’re accustomed to as pres. It was certainly the case with Obama. His debate team was very concerned about his lack of attention to prep work. And the result was the first debate with Romney, which Obama lost.

Trump is that times a million. I mean, he started that way, before he was even president. He lost all of the debates to Hillary, a woman widely disliked and seen as divisive. As long as Biden keeps the bloopers to a minimum, he should do even better, because he’s a vastly more likeable figure than Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 79September 9, 2020 3:25 PM

^^^ and even more importantly, Biden has a massive magazine of ammunition which Hillary didn’t have — Trump’s actual miserable record as president.

by Anonymousreply 80September 9, 2020 3:27 PM

Biden needs to avoid sounding like a Dad from the 1950's like on Leave It To Beaver. I like him, but that manner of speaking gets on my nerves. I'm sure Biden will take the high road on many issues related to trump's behavior, but I hope he does get a bit feisty and call trump out where needed.

by Anonymousreply 81September 9, 2020 3:29 PM

I think they are seriously trying to con the Republican donors into believing that Trump can turn things around at the debates, in order to get more donor money coming in.

That seems like a likely reason behind all of this; Dump & Co. hate Christie, but donors are telling Dump that if he cant get his shit together & act like he's at least trying to win, they'll sit this one out. No one with any credibility will come near Dump - hence the re-introduction of Christie.

They may as well sit Dump in front of Bugs Bunny cartoons for debate prep; he won't listen - and likely can't anyway, since his mental state is clearly eroding

by Anonymousreply 82September 9, 2020 3:37 PM

R38, the only thing Fat Donnie knows how to cut are lines of semi-crushed Adderrall.

Christie is really a no pride having toad. Jesus this guy has no spine. WTF does Diapers have on him, Rubio and Cruz? What a worm.

Diapers is going to get fisted at the debates. He’s literally going to shit himself on camera, and I hope Biden points and laughs and says, Go ahead MAGAts, vote for the pants shitter.

by Anonymousreply 83September 9, 2020 3:49 PM

I'm not worried about Joe Biden being alert or sharp. I've been watching him and he's fine. But I honestly do not want him to do this. Why? Because TV and performance is Trump's wheelhouse. He loves it. He loves the attention. He doesn't follow rues or adhere to courtesies or anything like that. He is a show horse.

Joe Biden is an old school traditional politician who has debated a lot in his professional career. But This won't be that kind of event. It will be a show.There's nothing Trump won't do or say on that stage. NOTHING. Just think about it. I would prefer it if they did it remotely.

If Joe Biden agreed to do town halls with someone like Anderson Cooper, etc. I would be a lot more comfortable. Town halls would show us how intelligent and ready he is. Compared to that rotten POS monster.

by Anonymousreply 84September 9, 2020 3:55 PM

I think Christie is simply a party loyalist, so if Trump asks him for help, he'll be available to help. But they haven't asked him, that was clear from his Colbert interview. They were just hiding behind Christie's name, to sucker the donors.

This NBC article seems to be an attempt to force Trump to take the debate seriously, so someone behind the scenes must be shitting their pants at the spectacle Trump is going to make of himself. But Trump doubles down when he's challenged, so that may backfire.

by Anonymousreply 85September 9, 2020 4:00 PM

At what point in the debate will Trump slink into camera view behind Biden talking?

by Anonymousreply 86September 9, 2020 4:11 PM

I can't imagine being the stand-in for Trump at Biden's debate prep, having to slink around Biden.

by Anonymousreply 87September 9, 2020 6:25 PM

Trump looks good at his current weight of 205 pounds. Trim and fit.

by Anonymousreply 88September 9, 2020 6:32 PM

He's 205 lbs only from the waist up. Add that lazy fat ass, and he's a good 320 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 89September 10, 2020 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!