Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republican senator calls Trump’s stimulus executive order ‘unconstitutional slop’

President Donald Trump’s executive order and memorandums ostensibly providing relief amid the intractable coronavirus pandemic don’t seem feasible or legal, experts said Saturday.

One Republican lawmaker, Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska, called Trump’s unilateral moves “unconstitutional slop.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2020 5:47 PM

Lol. This will be the phrase of the week.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 11:26 AM

Is Sasse the only Repig to come out against Trump's piece of shit proposal?

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 11:29 AM

Yet Sasse will be the only person criticized for his remarks by Republicans, while Trump continues to spew his special form of diarrhea on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 11:32 AM

This isn’t a very conservative move. They can’t claim to be conservative and let this slide.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 11:34 AM

Does anyone know if the senate is in session this week?

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 11:34 AM

I bet they call him a lot worse than that behind his back.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 11:42 AM

R6 yes. Repugs like trump as much as dems but before they could get their agenda through as long as mitch blew smoke up his ass. Now elections are looking tight for some & the covid is in red states. Even red state folks know $400 isn’t $600 & that the dems are vocal about wanting $600.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 11:55 AM

Let’s hope deplorables know how to subtract.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2020 12:10 PM

Lol @ unconstitutional slop

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2020 12:12 PM

Sasse is sorta hawt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2020 12:18 PM

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 7:03 PM

Well said!

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 7:18 PM

Unconstitutional Slop will be the name of my punk band.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2020 7:28 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome to the stage....

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 7:33 PM

I hate that I find Cotton boyishly attractive in the those shots. He'd be adorkable if he wasn't a black hearted evil sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 7:40 PM

R10 and kinda sassy too!

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 7:42 PM

It’s the truth, only Congress can pass a Bill about taxes. None of the states are going to cough up the $100 so that means no $300 from the Feds. Nobody got the $600 last Friday and the clock is ticking..,

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 7:54 PM

Cuomo said it's unenactable because 25% of the $400 extra unemployment payments must come from state budgets. NY alone would have to come up with $6 billion.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 8:07 PM

America, you get what you elect.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 8:08 PM

Nice that he had time to make constitutional slip while MILLIONS of Americans will be out food by the end of the week.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 9:22 PM

Unconstitutional slop from an unconstitutional slob.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2020 9:54 PM

It's all political theatre. The deplorables will yell "We all get a tax break, unemployment benefits., and can't be evicted!!"

The truth is the EX Orders don't actually do any of that.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 9:57 PM

R22, this executive order doesn’t even meet the standards of litigation because

A) 1/4 of the $400 PUS is to be met by the state. If the state either cannot!or choose not to participate in offering residents on UE the additional $100, then the people in that particular state get zip.

Tax DEFERMENTS must be paid when filing in 2021, and if employers choose to not participate in the deferred tax programs, they’re not deferred.

You can defer your taxes any time you wish, individually, but for an entire company to participate in it is completely unheard of, so most employers will tell their employees that if they wanna defer them, they can, because they were always able to, anyhow.

Eviction moratoriums remain defunct, as the only provision stated was that “groups” or think tanks, I suppose, can choose to “study” how evictions are affecting demographics in whatever chosen areas they “choose” to “study”.

This all amounts to ZERO done for the millions of Americans affected by CoViD-19, and I’m pretty certain that many families and single people who won’t have their rent on September 1st, are about to get hit with eviction notices and foreclosures.

The American dream is literally a nightmare, and Trump has just effectively rendered hundreds of thousands of people homeless, right when a pandemic is in full swing and an election is about to happen.

Think about the effects this will have on people who won’t even have an established and LEGAL place of residence on Election Day.

There’s more than one way to fuck up legal voting requirements and he is using all of them, knowing that a bunch of homeless people won’t be even be thinking about voting, or will be displaced, forcing them to move into other states with family or friends and not even having established residency to vote on that state, or aren’t registered in a new county or district, making an already burdened process heavier.

Total piece of shit and I don’t know what we’re gonna do if this man wins on November.

Register to vote and mail in your ballots as SOON as your state allows.

A mailed in ballot is better than no ballot.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote]Trump’s stimulus

Those words together are enough to make a maggot gag.

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2020 10:27 PM

Let’s hope this name sticks like ‘deplorable’.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2020 10:33 PM

So these never happened?

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2020 3:42 PM

The payroll tax holiday would be a disaster. I saw that several industries said they'd refuse to implement it.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2020 5:15 PM

Where these fake?

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2020 5:56 PM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2020 6:14 PM

Slop I tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2020 2:45 AM

I want another $1,200 fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2020 2:47 AM

Lol @ slop.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2020 2:53 AM

Slop indeed.

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2020 3:11 PM

Slop Update:

“If it was an act of Congress, they could just use their regular system to pay these benefits,“ Michele Evermore, a senior policy analyst at the National Employment Law Project, told Yahoo Money. But with the memorandum, “they have to set up a benefit that's parallel to unemployment insurance.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 22, 2020 10:02 PM

Slopdate^

by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2020 10:05 PM

Ben Sasse is a fucking whore. He sat there on the Senate Intelligence committee and was well aware of the rotten shit Trump was into, and he had a chance to vote to remove him. He did nothing.He's a phony and an opportunist and wills ell his mother his wife and his first born to gain power. Pig.

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2020 10:06 PM

Where’s the taxpayers money already??

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2020 10:20 PM

Did anyone hear about this? My furloughed friend received an email that New York State has applied for the Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) program to provide enhanced unemployment benefits to New Yorkers and are waiting for FEMA approval to put the program in effect.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Any slopdates today?

by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2020 5:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!