Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Landlord removes windows and doors

Landlord removes windows and doors after Maple Ridge, B.C. mom late with rent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2020 10:47 AM

Well, the landlord looks like the dumb one in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2020 11:27 PM

The landlord is named Tiger Zhang.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2020 11:38 PM

Of course the landlord is.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2020 11:42 PM

Maybe she should pay her fucking rent.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2020 11:48 PM

Yeah she should have paid her fucking rent. She could borrow the fucking money to board it up why couldn’t she borrow it to pay her fucking rent the cunt whore skank. I hope she loses her kids. She deserves to get kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2020 11:52 PM

So clever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2020 11:53 PM

I hope the landlord gets he face kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2020 11:53 PM

Clever.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2020 11:54 PM

My landlord used always say....”No Pay, No Stay”

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2020 11:55 PM

Under the province’s current COVID-19 State of Emergency, a renter cannot be evicted for unpaid or late rent, and must be allowed to work out a repayment plan for any money owing since March.

Under no circumstances is the landlord allowed to remove the windows and doors.

“There’s nothing in the law that allows that landlord to do so,” said Rocco Triguero’s of the Vancouver Tenants Union. “A landlord cannot destroy a door in order to make a tenant leave a premise. This is absolutely wrong.”

Zhang acknowledges he does not know the ins and outs of the Residential Tenancy Act very well and may have made a mistake.

“This case I think is really a lesson to teach me how to find the right way to fix a problem.”

Despite expressing some remorse, as of Saturday evening, Zhang had not replaced the windows and doors.

What a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 11:57 PM

Bitch should have paid her rent. Fuck you r10.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 11:59 PM

Could the landlord be charged if someone entered the house and slit her kid's throats?

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 12:03 AM

I love the asshole condemning the renter. Let me guess, you all are Libertarians, right?

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2020 12:09 AM

There no reason for this other than being a greedy asshole. Even if he has mortgage to pay all lenders have tons of options for COVID relief.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 12:11 AM

R11 has two recent posts. They're both in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 12:16 AM

She should be an UBER CUNT and sue the asshole landlord, AND remain on his property. OR strike a deal as part of said lawsuit where she can move out, without paying anything, or as little as humanly possible.. As R14 said, it's merely the landlord being a greedy asshole.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 12:33 AM

That landlord is crazy. Now he'll never get paid and she can probably take him to some kind of landlord/tenant court

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 12:38 AM

He said he didn't know the laws about being a landlord. He's going to learn, the hard way.

He went in her house without permission. And he wasn't doing any upkeep. He admits he was just doing it to try and make her leave. (essentially harassing her and her children). He's lucky she didn't say he stole anything

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 12:46 AM

Dumb of him. The internet has turned against landlords in the wake of COVID. He'll probably end up another Amy Cooper, with people on Twitter destroying his life down to the last minute detail.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 12:57 AM

Even if this were a clear case of eviction (no extra tenant protections, no COVID), what he did was completely illegal. If you need a tenant out, you go to court, get the government to give you permission, and then show up at your property with sheriff deputies (or whatever law enforcement agency would apply in Canada) with an eviction order. You do not ever enter the premises without permission or cut off/remove any fundamental amenities. This guy is a wannabe slumlord.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 1:04 AM

In Chicago you go to Humboldt Park and give a crackhead $20 and the key to the apartment of the person who isn't paying.

Solves the problem instantly.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2020 1:11 AM

Of course the landlord is Asian...greedy bastard...worst landlords ever. Hope she sues him, because she’s being fat too nice at this point.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 1:14 AM

They both seem like assholes but the landlord, especially, to put kids in the situation.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2020 1:20 AM

Tonight, I take roof!

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2020 3:15 AM

Here's the tenant. Considering the current wave of xenophobia against Chinese people during the pandemic, this was an ill advised move on the landlord's part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2020 10:12 AM

R5 has 5 w&w. The trolls here are insane.

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2020 10:20 AM

The landlord should be required to give her 6 months free rent.

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2020 10:30 AM

Wow. The Zhang cunt really, really knows how to perpetuate ethnic stereotypes. The Chinese are the new Jew "perpetuators" 😆

Can you imagine all the dinner and cocktail parties in Bejinj and beyond populated by so many sociopaths?

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2020 10:32 AM

Landlord admits he doesn't know the Residential Tenancy Act "very well". OOPS!

She'll be legally able to sue his ass right off considering he's done this during a renting moratorium due to the pandemic. He's obviously not used to Canadian law and doesn't fully understand Western Society quite yet.

(10 points for the landlords creativity though!)

I've come across Chinese landlords/employers before and they are in a different category altogether. This landlord doing this doesn't surprise me at all.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2020 10:49 AM

Landlords are scum.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2020 10:58 AM

Chinese landlords are extra special scum.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2020 11:07 AM

He couldn't try to work out some sort of payment plan? Guess not.

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2020 12:33 PM

[quote] Of course the landlord is Asian...greedy bastard...worst landlords ever.

For some reason I have the feeling that if one were to replace Asian with black, this place would be apoplectic and the poster who posted it would be banned.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote] Considering the current wave of xenophobia against Chinese people during the pandemic

One only need to look at r22 and r28 to see we have it right here too.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 1:16 PM

R26 that’s because that post is pure DL sarcasm. R5 is not being serious.

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 2:12 PM

R35, are you new here? Are you on the spectrum? R5 is dead fucking serious, and there is no sarcasm detectable whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2020 2:46 PM

She should sue him to hell and back. This is a HUGE lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2020 2:47 PM

R36 yes. I’m serious because I’m also r5. You’re an idiot. An absolute idiot. And THAT I’m serious about.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2020 3:40 PM

r36 is totally unhinged because she got trolled.

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2020 6:26 PM

Yes we know you're 100% serious R38 and we also know that you are a seriously nasty cunt. I wouldn't brake for you or piss on you.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 2:08 AM

My dad, Fred would be so proud of that landlord.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 2:34 AM

Landlords are getting shafted by grifters. Any government checks should be sent to the landlords first.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2020 9:33 AM

R5 should have been on everyone's ignore list anyway, after his "The fags ain’t gonna stop faggin’" post the other day.

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2020 9:44 AM

The courts need to force the fathers of the two children to help with rent.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2020 10:36 AM

^^^Okay Boris, put the vodka down.

by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2020 10:40 AM

What difference does it make that she's a ' mum'? Are men who commit felonies refered to as' ' dads' '? That cunt dragged her poor children in that situation. What' ' abusive' ' relationship ? She' s not working, so did the husband demand that she at least wash the dishes ? Typical Frau bullshit. Doesn't pay rent but is still the victim. Team landloard.

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2020 10:43 AM

R46 found another slumlord.

by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2020 10:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!