Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

VP: It's Harris or Rice now. Biden's narrowed it down. PT 2 for a week or so.

Prior thread here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 17, 2020 1:26 AM

Interesting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2020 7:58 PM

It's Harris. Inside info.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2020 8:00 PM

Congratulations, President Trump on your second term!

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2020 8:02 PM

Biden could be a can of tuna fish running with Melania Trump as a VP and

I would still vote for EVERY DEMOCRAT ON THE BALLOT.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2020 8:06 PM

All Kamala has is she has dark skin and got lippy at those hearings. That's it.

Joe's fatal flaw will be the female VP promise. With a male Governor as a VP, he would have been untouchable. Even women won't vote for a female (Hillary, 2016).

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2020 8:06 PM

If it's Rice, we should expect Roseanne's head to explode.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2020 8:07 PM

Rice showed up on NPR's "Morning Edition" last week, and my word, did she evah think she was going to be "It"!

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2020 8:10 PM

Then why is Biden suddenly meeting with Gretchen Whitmer?

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2020 8:12 PM

It has to be Harris or he'll be labeled a "racist."

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2020 8:13 PM

Girls, girls, girls, girls, GIRLS!

This is not a Reality Show.

This is REALITY.

Reaccustom yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 8:15 PM

R2 - "Its' Harris. Inside info."

You wouldn't be the same poster who assured us via "inside info" that Richard Madden was going to be named the new 007 on 6 May or something like that, and then blamed it on COVID when he wasn't and said the announcement would be made in December, and now won't comment on the fact that Madden's and Froylan's out affair have pretty much put paid to Madden every strapping on that Biretta?

Because if you are, you're full of shit.

Which isn't to say it couldn't be Harris, but "inside info"?

Please.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 8:16 PM

R9 - Rice is also black, remember?

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2020 8:16 PM

R9 99% of America doesn't know, Rice passes.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote]If it's Rice, we should expect Roseanne's head to explode.

I don't like her, but for that reason alone it absolutely MUST be her.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2020 8:23 PM

When Biden's current Stage 1 gets beyond help, we'll glad to gave a female and black president.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2020 8:33 PM

I am happy with Harris.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2020 9:07 PM

Rice would be an excellent candidates for SoS. I'm still not convinced Kamala would be a great candidate for VP. She was a weak candidate during the primaries, wasn't a strong debater, was flip flopping on issues all the time and is not from a swing state.

I wish Val Demings and Amy Klobuchar were still in the running for VP, but aparently they're out.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2020 9:22 PM

But R17, she looks great! That's important.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote] I am happy with Harris.

Yup. In the same way I'm happy with Joe.

I think the protracted nature of this selection process produced a kind of fatigue that will ultimately serve the campaign: Less of the hand-wringing "what if/maybe/if only he had considered...". They each had their moment in the spotlight and Kamela gets the job.

Fine.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2020 9:35 PM

Whitmer is probably the only VEEP candidate he hasn’t met in person, hence her trip to Delaware.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2020 9:40 PM

CNN reported either Friday or Saturday there were still eleven women under consideration.

It's very odd. I think it bodes well for anyone considered a front runner. I'm not sure what benefit the horse race brings. It's more stirring up risk stories than excitement. And the longer it drags on I struggle to understand how Harris, as front runner, apparently, creates any excitement. She is not my choice - I admit in advance - but objectively if she was going to get it, I don't see why all this extended play is being dragged out.

Two random thoughts: did a last minute vetting discovery blow someone out of the water? Or did he offer it and somehow somebody said no?

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 9:47 PM

I think it was the vetting, #21. Probably a slutty hubby. That's all Biden needs right now: a big, sordid mistake for FOX to poke fun of for 3 mos.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 1:06 AM

Really R22???

Not with a crude and criminal moron and his cheap hooker in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2020 12:12 PM

Warren will go after the FILTHY RICH and corporations with CRIMINAL FINANCIAL PRACTICES. America needs that. She will take no prisoners!

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2020 12:17 PM

People keep forgetting that the black population of America is around 14%. They can come out in full force just because the VP is black, but when it comes to running for the top job in 2024, and Trump has successfully been relegated to a historical footnote, things will be different.

Someone should tell BLM to dial back the rhetoric for the time being.

Obama was elected on the end of an 8-year incumbency, the disastrous Iraq invasion, and the 2008 economic collapse. George Bush made it easier, and so did McCain's disastrous choice of Sarah Palin, reconisable to anyone with his eyes open as a pathological narcissist.

If things are much better in 2024, if the economy is back on a sound footing and the COVID crisis past due to a vaccine (which is more than likely), it won't be nearly as easy for a black woman to win the presidency.

As they say in politics, a week is a lifetime. Four years is an eternity. Count on nothing.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2020 12:32 PM

Covid will elect Biden. The far left will fuck things up, along with the unimaginative Democratic leadership, and we will see a Republican revival and president in 2024.

Romney, Sasse, Rubio, Cotton, and Haley are saying to themselves right now "I gotta just hang in until around 2022 or 2023."

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2020 12:39 PM

I would vote for a rabid squirrel or an old boot as long as it gets rid of Trump.

Happy with either Rice or Harris.

When will it be announced?

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2020 12:44 PM

I just hope Democrats are taking notes from The Lincoln Project instead of, say, anything the far left is mewling because those mofos are THE BEST at political advertising and takedown. They will not be on the 2024 Democratic candidate's team. I am in awe of those guys.

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2020 12:48 PM

what if it turns out to be neither Harris or Rice?

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2020 12:49 PM

[quote]Someone should tell BLM to dial back the rhetoric for the time being.

I'm not sure anybody tells BLM anything these days. It's not that kind of movement. Anyway I understood there was no real hierarchy anyway... it's just series of local or regional groups under the same name but with no formal structure.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2020 12:59 PM

What I truly believe, based on what I've seen this past primary cycle, is that if Biden would have run in 2016 he would be running for his second term right now. At this point Uncle Joe could pick a cardboard cutout as running mate and I'd vote him. If Kamala is the choice, then fine... but someone is really gonna have to keep her in check. As we've seen with the #Khive antics, I'm not so sure that she would be a team player. But she is strong, capable woman who presents well. I think her talents would be better served as AG, but I get it. As for Susan Rice, some of you really need to stop worry about how Fox News is going to spin something.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2020 1:02 PM

I am hoping they are still considering Martha Stewart

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2020 1:28 PM

Harris is very pretty. I’ll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote]It has to be Harris or he'll be labeled a "racist."

I doubt that. I think the issue people don't get here is that if he chooses someone black, they'll immediately be branded by the right as the VP who was chosen because they were black and not necessarily because they were qualified. (Even if they are qualified.)

Read this morning that so far in terms of fundraising:

Warren has raised 7.7 million.

Harris has raised 5 million.

And Buttigieg of all people who isn't even in contention ... has raised 6.7 million.

Keep in mind, this is all during COVID and the VP choice will continue to be expected to keep helping to raise money from their computer screens so it's part of what it takes to be considered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 2:16 PM

Oh FFS, Kamala left the primaries with ~3% support. She's not the powerhouse the KHive makes her out to be.

If Joe chooses her, I'm very happy to be wrong though!

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 2:27 PM

Does he push it to next week just before the convention?

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2020 2:35 PM

Someone please tell Uncle Joe don't be daft and stop deluding himself. Hillary had been duped into pouring money there for nothing before. Just let it rot in Texas and don't touch it.

[bold]As Trump falters, Democrats and Biden eye an elusive prize: Texas[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2020 2:57 PM

Dem presidential candidates are always wasting money on Texas. Win the legislature there, and then we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2020 3:12 PM

Think about how much time Biden will need to spend cleaning up this current situation. I think he needs someone stein internationally .. I think that makes Rice more likely.

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2020 3:34 PM

Stein = strong

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote]What I truly believe, based on what I've seen this past primary cycle, is that if Biden would have run in 2016 he would be running for his second term right now.

Oh, God. What shitfest the would have been. Can you imagine the outrage, tears and hysteria had he actually challenged Hillary's turn?

The delusion would have set like cement on DL about what would have been if only fucking Joe had let Hillary lead.

No, HRC had to happen to get it as much out our systems as possible.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2020 6:54 PM

I agree that spending a lot of money on Yexaa is wasteful r38.

If Biden is winning Texas, thay means he has already won enough other states. Focus your money on the states that get you to 270. Texas would be a cherry on top.

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2020 6:58 PM

Should have been Pete as VP pick. He would be perfect choice.

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2020 11:05 PM

Nah r43, the folks in Yexaa would never have gone for him.

by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2020 11:07 PM

I'm not so sure about Kamala. I'll admit she is my first choice. But then, I met her and she is the real deal. But I think Jill Biden has a lot of influence on who joe chooses and Jill probably feels the same way about Kamala, as Chris Dodd did. She hasn't got over that dust up during the primaries. Jill has known Susan for years. She would probably be more comfortable with Susan Rice. All I'm saying is don't ignore the Jill factor, as you weigh the pros and cons.

by Anonymousreply 45August 10, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote]All I'm saying is don't ignore the Jill factor, as you weigh the pros and cons.

Last I checked, nobody was electing Jill to anything.

by Anonymousreply 46August 10, 2020 11:53 PM

Last I checked the next president of the United States gets into bed with her every night. If you don't understand the power of that, you don't understand much.

by Anonymousreply 47August 10, 2020 11:56 PM

So just checking twitter it seems like Kamala has unfollowed Biden ... not sure what kind of sign this is ...

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 12:04 AM

OMG.KAmala...gasp...UNFOLLOWED BIDEN????? it's a sign. Jill threatened to expose Kamala's nude photos with Willie Brown.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 12:06 AM

Oh, she surely wouldn't go sucky baby, would she?

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote]KAmala...gasp...UNFOLLOWED - BIDEN?????

That's petty, immature and very unprofessionell, if true R49.

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2020 12:07 AM

It's Rice.

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2020 12:08 AM

The Vice President was picked for him by the people. If it were a white man people would be outraged that in 2020 women are still overlooked for Executive positions. He may have gotten away with a white woman before all these riots but if he chooses a white woman now he will definitely tick many people off. It's a shame because Kamala really does not deserve the second highest elected office in the Nation at all.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2020 12:27 AM

[quote]It's a shame because Kamala really does not deserve the second highest elected office in the Nation at all.

That's quite the endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2020 12:30 AM

Not true r48. Example of how someone saying something online can quickly amplify without fact checking.

Kamala Harris' campaign account has never followed Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2020 12:30 AM

[Quote]It's a shame because Kamala really does not deserve the second highest elected office in the Nation at all.

Why not? She has been a district attorney, ran the justice system in the largest state and now a Senator.

Like her or hate her, but she has plenty on her resume to merit the office of Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2020 12:32 AM

The worst Democrat is better than any Republican. All of them forfeited their right to criticize anything. Nothing they can say. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2020 12:34 AM

At the rally where the cow-rights morons rushed the stage and ran at Joe, Biden's sister threw herself in front of him but Jill Biden turned TOWARDS the trash coming at her husband. She was going to throw the down and tear those bitches UP.

If you all think Dr. Jill wouldn't hold a grudge and see Kamsla for the shark she is...someone who her husband would have to guard his back around until she (eventually) knifed him, you underestimate her. Jill don't play.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2020 12:35 AM

Interesting, R58, I had forgotten about that.

by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2020 12:38 AM

She hasn’t even completed her first term as Senator. She’s no Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2020 12:38 AM

That's a DL thing R41. In the real world she is not all that

Which is why I am baffled that the DNC is letting her speak at the convention.

She's going to provide Trump with a 15 minute commercial because Deplorables are too dumb to realize that Biden is running, not Hillary.

And why drag her back on stage only to relive the party's greatest embarrassment?

She's last year's news.

by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2020 12:44 AM

If she hadn't gone in on him, I could see wifey being convinced. Or, if Joe hadn't stressed that he wanted a cooperative, harmonious WH. She's a powerhouse, gorgeous and could have been it (could still be, I guess?)

I don't know. It's just with his age, personality and the work ahead I'm not sure they'd want to deal with extra stress.

Not too much longer to wait, sounds like!

by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2020 12:49 AM

Yeah I think Harris did herself in with that weeklong farce, playing the “ambitious” victim. Self-sabotage and terrible advisors.

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2020 12:52 AM

I've thought it would be Harris the entire time, and nothing has changed my mind. You just look at it on paper and it makes the most sense. I'd be surprised if they don't go with the obvious pick.

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2020 1:04 AM

Considering Kamala (or pretending to) was Joe's way of burying the hatchet over, "There Was A Little Bus-ridin' Colored Girl". She's over, let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2020 1:18 AM

I'm just worried that all this nonsense out here about Blacks ganging up on Biden demanding he nominate a Black woman, and some specifically insisting HArris, may blow up. It is all hype and phony stuff, Russian bots and Republicans attempting to undermine our process, stirring up fake controversy, but it bothers me. Let me put it this way. I hope it is HArris. But I have to just put my head down and work hard to get him elected no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2020 2:28 AM

True, but even though Republicans and Russians are truly to stoke up racial strife, there is organic sentiment among younger African Americans that Biden better pick a black VP or else.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2020 2:33 AM

Perry Bacon said today that by “Black woman”, the pundits are really saying “Harris”.

by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2020 2:35 AM

Waiting for the rice announcement followed by Black women saying she isn't Black enough in 10...9...8...

by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2020 2:35 AM

Waiting for the Rice announcement followed by Black women saying she isn't Black enough in 10...9...8...

There, fixed it myself.

by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2020 2:36 AM

If he nominates Harris, I hope he endorses someone else for 24.

by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2020 2:36 AM

Does it matter to anyone at all that in the primary, people didn’t vote for Harris? Including blacks. People win elections based on people voting for them. How’s she going to win in 2024 if people will vote for virtually anyone except her?

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2020 2:44 AM

R72, because she [italic]looks great![/italic]

How many times does DL have to tell you?

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2020 2:54 AM

2024 r72? If Biden wins he is going to run for a second term. I guarantee it r74.

And if people don't want to vote for Harris, that's cool, someone else will win the Democratic primary that year.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 3:02 AM

I am getting so tired of having to insert FACTS into DL political discussions these days. R72 - please research before you post and stop posting lies. Harris was NOT ON ANY STATE BALLOT in the primary. She made the decision to exit before committing to any state ballot. Fact. The other fact is that the entire race was down to Biden and Sanders. Any fool could see that from the moon. There was zero point for any other candidate to compete other than to draw votes away from one of these two men. This is nothing new - most primaries come down to 2 or 3 candidates. Had Harris competed, she would most certainly would have delegates and she most certainly would have also come up short to Biden - much like Warren, Klobuchar, Bloomberg, Buttigieg, etc. did. It was not a year for women. Female candidates are always at a disadvantage to begin with, but due to a perfect storm of desperation to get Trump out of office mixed with the disappointment of Clinton's "loss" in 2016 - few were willing to take a gamble on a female candidate in 2020. Harris was polling on average somewhere between Warren and the others also rans.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 3:04 AM

She has a snarky, off-putting air about her that will repel people, esp. whites.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2020 3:05 AM

I’ll vote Dem down the entire ballot, but if it’sa VP I don’t like, I might vote GOP if they have a decent guy in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Harris was polling around three per cent when she dropped out. Warren was around 15. I remember finding the figures. Pete was either 9 or 12. Harris was in the basement with Amy.

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Amy had her turn though. Even though it was blown up by the media. R77 never vote for a GOP candidate again or until they clean that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2020 11:42 AM

If it’s Rice, time she sat her annoying dweeb MAGAt son down and told him he better lay low.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2020 12:10 PM

Harris had zero Black support during her Primary run. Now we’re supposed to accept that Blacks are DEMANDING it be her? Don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2020 1:45 PM

R81, on Fivethirtyeight's podcast yesterday, they were saying it's because she's the only one who checks all the boxes (supposedly): she ran for president (fail), is a senator and... I think that's about it.

Basically, none of the others come near to qualifying, so they all went to Harris. When they say "black" they mean Harris, according to Perry Bacon Jr. (who's black).

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 1:50 PM

Well to be fair black democrats are saying they want a black woman to be the VP. Black celebrities and certain pundits, who were always high on Kamala, are the ones who are big on Kamala. The Kamala love never really trickled down to other black voters during the primaries. Kamala plays well on the coasts. She will have to work harder everywhere else. Just my take.

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Here's the podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2020 1:54 PM

Does nobody remember 2016 when Hillary lost because Trump narrowly won Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin? All that the media was talking about for months was how Democrats had lost working-class whites in the Midwest.

How come none of that seems to matter now? How does a California liberal POC do anything to help with that?

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2020 1:55 PM

Well R85, I think we've seen, based on the primaries, that Joe got some of those working class whites back. The ones who aren't stupid racists, had a problem with Hillary. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2020 1:57 PM

R85, because the race-obsessed media say so.

It's like a horde of nasty, demanding children.

They act like Biden is up by 10 in the key swing states, and has slack to choose anyone. Stupid children.

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2020 2:00 PM

I think it will be Harris too.

For weeks I've been thinking that Biden had the election in the bag but I'm no longer than certain. In fact, I'm thinking Trump may get a second term. People may dislike him and even disagree with him but they'll still vote for that fat orange fuck.

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2020 2:16 PM

So Duckworth and Harris are listed as speakers on Thursday night.

Head fake or they are out of VP contention?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2020 2:20 PM

^^Whitmer too

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2020 2:21 PM

It can all be switched around as need be. I still think Harris is out. She was probably the reluctant pick and then research or vetting found something. Too many moves of the announcement time frame. No campaign would have sought that narrative and the horserace is now more of problem than an interest builder. Something went wrong somewhere and forced a reboot.

I don't think it will be Witmer but I don't know why. If Witmer as first (and uncompleted term) governor is qualified why isn't Bottoms... who would solve two problems. Not advocating for Bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2020 2:23 PM

Re Whitmer vs Bottoms - Michigan is way more important than Georgia. It could even be that moderates and white "poorly educated" are just as important as the African American vote (in the midwest - the weakest region of the "blue wall")

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2020 2:28 PM

I know it won't happen but last night I heard Gloria Borger advance the idea that Biden needed a VP who can speak to others, particularly the young and especially the young blacks.

While I think Rice is a superior choice to Harris on credentials, I don't think either woman speaks the same language at the young (though Harris makes frequent, painfully embarrassing attempts.) They both seem more Diahann Carroll than Queen Latifah - well heeled, elegant, commanding... not exactly relatable. Funnily enough last night I thought maybe Corey Booker would have been the right answer (the big question notwithstanding) but I am not pretending he has a shot or should... just had it all unwound differently maybe Booker would have solved a lot of problems.

by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2020 2:28 PM

How is Booker (and I am a big fan of his) any more relatable to young people than Harris or Rice, R93?

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2020 2:31 PM

R92, not arguing the Veep has to be picked to win a state but I agree with your logic. I just meant as potential picks, Witmer and Bottoms are quite similar in many respects.

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2020 2:31 PM

I wonder if all the blacks who looted will also leave their homes to vote?

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2020 2:35 PM

R94, I think Booker comes across as more relatable because he's less formal, in a broad sense. Both those women are more formal, and to be blunt, seem comfortable and confident moving in the white world that dominates all the structures and institutions. I'm not sure your average black person's experience identifies with their lives or how they appear on the surface. Rice has purely worked in the ranks of government. Harris prosecuted, somewhat controversially. Booker ran Newark. His exposure to regular life is greater, in my view (which is not to say his track record is flawless, no doubt it wasn't.)

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2020 2:36 PM

[quote] How is Booker (and I am a big fan of his) any more relatable to young people than Harris or Rice, [R93]?

Male

Football (scholarship)

Super funny and charming in person

I've met him a couple of times and I'm also a big fan (I'm hoping he ends up as Secretary of HUD). One of the things I remember him saying is that Black engagement with an election goes up with Black representation.

I will argue that what he is referring to is general elections and not primaries because young black males, like their millennial counterparts struggle with a sense of fait accompli. In this environment and with the urging of older relatives, hopefully November will be different.

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2020 2:38 PM

[quote]I know it won't happen but last night I heard Gloria Borger advance the idea that Biden needed a VP who can speak to others, particularly the young and especially the young blacks.

It should be Cardi B.

by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2020 2:42 PM

I've voting all Dem this time, because I want the system to survive, but this race stuff makes me want Mitt Romney for 2024. It's so gross, this "1619 Project" stuff.

The colonists were truly lazy short-sighted morons, if you know what I mean.

For the ad-hominem arguers, no I'm not white or black.

by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2020 2:46 PM

Booker's whole "my campaign is about love" stuff was cringe-worthy. Such a weird angle.

I love him because he's vegan and is vocal in advocating animal rights. But that love angle was silly.

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2020 2:48 PM

White people like Corey Booker. Kamala is attractive. But it obscures the fact that her position on Medicare4all and other stuff was way to the Left of Biden, and got drowned out by Bernie and Elizabeth. She had an excellent economic plan. If people only focus on the face she is a woman of color, she's physically attractive, etc. you're missing the point. Plus in a Biden Administration, you get Kamala as VP and Rice as SoS. But if Rice is VP, it is more likely that HArris will remain in the Senate. In 2024, the ticket will be Rice and Klobuchar. Count on it. Or it will be Harris & Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2020 3:06 PM

No one would do an all female ticket anytime soon r102.

by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2020 3:14 PM

I think Michigan is too far gone for Dump. Didn't he pull advertising there?

by Anonymousreply 104August 11, 2020 3:19 PM

Breaking: per CNN, Biden has selected his VP and the announcement may come as early as today.

by Anonymousreply 105August 11, 2020 6:55 PM

Who's the screechy woman on CNN with the dreadlocks Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2020 6:58 PM

Angela Rye... she's... she's a hard one to warm up to and she really doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2020 7:02 PM

It’s Kamala. She speaks at the DNC right before the Bidens.

by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2020 7:10 PM

It's not Kamala. It's Rice.

Remember to vote!

by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2020 7:15 PM

Yeah probably Rice. That private jet thing today.

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2020 7:16 PM

So after Joe announces his pick, I can't wait for every media outlet to pretend they knew who it was going to be all along and start explaining how and why he made his choice.

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2020 7:30 PM

[quote] I doubt that. I think the issue people don't get here is that if he chooses someone black, they'll immediately be branded by the right as the VP who was chosen because they were black and not necessarily because they were qualified. (Even if they are qualified.)

I think Harris highlights the noxious racism that factors into the falsehood of whether someone is "qualified." White men are presumed qualified even when they are not. Trump is demonstrably unqualified but Deplorables think he is a leader. Harris has held elected office for 25 years -- more experience than Pete and Beto combined -- but she is presumed unqualified as a black woman. If her experience doesn't qualify her to be President whose does?

by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2020 7:59 PM

R112, what committees is she on? Don’t look it up...

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2020 8:03 PM

Judiciary and the one where she gave Jeff Sessions the fever....

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2020 8:09 PM

The Biden campaign has announced that Karine Jean-Pierre will be the chief of staff for Biden's running mate.

Hmm

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2020 8:09 PM

Whitmer out per news reports.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2020 8:15 PM

Hillary is in Delaware!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

This is so the Bachelor.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

Twitter is going nuts.

by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2020 8:17 PM

It's Kamala

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2020 8:18 PM

It's Kamala

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2020 8:18 PM

I am happy.

by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2020 8:22 PM

This is the first time Joe has disappointed me this cycle. Anyway, it's done. Vote blue.

by Anonymousreply 123August 11, 2020 8:23 PM

Kamala is a cop.

by Anonymousreply 124August 11, 2020 8:26 PM

Not enough for the KHive. They want more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

So is her husband going to announce that he refuses to quit his job, move to DC, or take on any Second Genrleman duties? It sure sounded like it when she was running for President.

Typical man. The wife gets a better job and he’s just too important to help her, make any sacrifices or be gracious.

by Anonymousreply 126August 11, 2020 8:42 PM

Jumping the gun on that one R126

by Anonymousreply 127August 11, 2020 8:43 PM

Something tells me, if elected, she will be a strong Vice President. Like Al Gore.

by Anonymousreply 128August 11, 2020 8:53 PM

The KHive are the only group I've seen shout down Bernie Bros. Maybe they'll help with Biden's enthusiasm problem.

by Anonymousreply 129August 11, 2020 8:59 PM

As I said. Believe me now, R11?

by Anonymousreply 130August 11, 2020 9:00 PM

Angela Rye is one of those who gave the pick a black woman ultimate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 11, 2020 9:02 PM

The Trump campaign statement on Harris.

It is all over the place with trying to attack her. I guess that's a good sign they don't have a clear message yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 11, 2020 9:06 PM

A clear message from Dump? That’s hilarious

by Anonymousreply 133August 11, 2020 9:41 PM

I bet Rice is SoS

by Anonymousreply 134August 11, 2020 9:42 PM

Oh, Rice can't be Secretary of State.... why it'll just be Benghazi all the time... oh, no no no no... Kamala must be VP and Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 135August 11, 2020 9:59 PM

Rice seems like a fine person but I've never understood the enthusiasm for her. Biden has many great options without unearthing baggage from the past administration.

by Anonymousreply 136August 11, 2020 11:40 PM

Yeah, who needs experience.

by Anonymousreply 137August 12, 2020 12:17 AM

Is it usual for the campaign to choose the chief of staff?

by Anonymousreply 138August 12, 2020 12:53 AM

Or Rice could be the next Brent Scowcroft.

Don't worry, there is a place for her.

Same with Valerie Jarrett.

Chief of staff will be interesting. Rahm Emanuel?

by Anonymousreply 139August 12, 2020 6:07 AM

Fuck Rahm

by Anonymousreply 140August 12, 2020 4:09 PM

Rahm fucked up alienating people and generally being an obnoxious know it all when OBama was POTUS. Bad news. Obama was happy to get rid of him sent him to ChiTown to run for Mayor. Honestly he was the one who alienated Congress both parties so much he came back to the WH in 2009 and tald Barack, "We'll never get healthcare passed in this Session. We will have to come back and try it in the next session..." And Nancy Pelosi said "Like hell!" And got it passed. Of course the Dems lost the House in the midterms in 2010. Rham also fought with Howard Dean in 2006, who was chair of the DNC because he wanted funds for his Congressional Campaign Committee, and Howard Dean had a 50 state strategy. Howard was right Rahm was not.

by Anonymousreply 141August 16, 2020 9:40 PM

When they get elected Kamala is going to step down and Joe will put Hillary in her place, then Joe will step down and hillary will be POTUS and the she will as Kamala to be her VP. That's the plan.

by Anonymousreply 142August 17, 2020 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!