Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chuck Todd fellating economics "Dr" Peter Navarro on live television

@GaryLegum

PETER NAVARRO: THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT AND DAMNED ALIKE SHALL FLOW IN TORRENTS THROUGH THE CURSED STREETS, A RIVER OF DECAY AND DEATH FROM WHICH THERE WILL BE NO ESCAPE, AND IN WHICH ALL WILL PERISH!

CHUCK TODD: I take your point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 9:06 PM

Quoting Trump’s favorite Bible verse, Peter Navarro just said the Lord created executives orders to deal with partisan bickering.

And Chuck Todd just sat there listening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2020 4:40 PM

@GoAngelo

On MTP, Peter Navarro floats theory that Democrats are not passing a COVID deal because they want to hurt the economy in order to boost electoral chances.

Chuck Todd responds: "I take your point."

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2020 4:42 PM

How does anyone watch Chuck Todd?

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2020 4:59 PM

Thank God someone else is taking the heat today!

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2020 5:03 PM

Todd's a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2020 5:06 PM

"I take your point" means "I understand what you're saying" not "I agree with what you're saying." It's usually used to get the person off their filibustering.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2020 5:44 PM

Dana Bash of all people did a better job of pushing back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2020 5:47 PM

No R6, “I take your point” is validating that the interviewee has a point. Any journalist with ethics would push back against blatant lies and religious nuttery.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2020 5:48 PM

I honestly think people here have unrealistic expectations. Todd pushed back quite a bit in the interview and even fact checked him in the round table. But I really think you all expect him to scream at guests and nobody does that.

Meantime, Face the Nation didn't even cover the executive order. Brennan spent yet another show dedicated to Covid, and after we're 8 months into the virus here, she's asking such hard hitting questions like: how would you know if you recovered?

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2020 6:13 PM

R6 he's not a lawyer, though, he's an alleged journalist.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 10:30 PM

Peter Navarro is the human equivalent of a Death Eater.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 10:43 PM

[quote] [R6] he's not a lawyer, though, he's an alleged journalist.

Chuck is a high school graduate, and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2020 10:49 PM

It’s time to replace Chuck Todd. He’s just awful. Fortunately I didn’t have to see today’s shit show because we had a earthquake in North Carolina and our weather people were so excited that they were on for hours.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 11:16 PM

Not having a college degree and risen fast at the network, some NBC top executive adores Chucky.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote]Fortunately I didn’t have to see today’s shit show because we had a earthquake in North Carolina

Imagine being someone who is considered worse than an earthquake. The only one who comes to mind IS Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2020 11:46 PM

I think we have the late Tim Russert for pushing Todd onto American viewers, God rot his soul.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2020 11:53 PM

We’re really poorly served by our corporate media here in this country.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2020 11:59 PM

Speaking of Russert, where's his douchebag, entitled son? Does he still work for NBC where nepotism is the only requirement? Don't care to google.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 12:02 AM

Chuck Todd always presents hole to republicans

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 12:17 AM

R18 Luke Russert left NBC in July, 2016. Haven't heard anything about him since.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 1:40 AM

"I take your point, and shove it back up your ass where you obviously pulled it from"

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2020 1:50 AM

Is Chuck wearing a lacefront?

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 1:51 AM

I stopped watching MTP quite some time ago. I prefer Face the Nation, Margaret Brennan's questions are quite direct.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2020 2:11 AM

Just this week, MSNBC moved the pixie haircut, journalistically impotent, sissy-Mary-Toad to their one o’clock slot. He will now air after the Andrea Mitchell snooze-fest. Deservedly, Nicole Wallace picked up Toad’s hour, and she now has a two hour show.

Which corporate mucky-muck is Todd blowing over there?

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2020 2:49 AM

Biden may become President, but these monsters will always be lurking.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2020 2:57 AM

Chuckles Toad is dreadful. He only asks follow-up questions if his guest is a a Democrat. Otherwise, viewers are left wondering if he is paying attention to what the Repukes are spewing, because he rarely challenges them.

Earlier in the week, Jonathan Swan from Axios gave an excellent tutorial in how to conduct an interview when he questioned the Dotard, for an HBO special Apparently the Washington press corps liked what they saw — but, unfortunately, they turned around and carried on doing their same old shtick. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote]Quoting Trump’s favorite Bible verse, Peter Navarro just said the Lord created executives orders to deal with partisan bickering.

R1. Peter Navarro is a smarmy, lying piece of shit. "Trumop is the hardest working president in history." Fuck off, asshole.

However, Navarro is not say "the Lord" created executive orders, etc., etc. He said, "the founding fathers created executive orders to deal with partisan bickering." He was referring to the founding fathers of the United States. (You may not have heard him correctly during his Meet the Press appearance. )

However, a president does not have blanket power to do whatever he/she wants via an executive order. An executive order must be supported by the Constitution as is stated by the following:

"The U.S. Supreme Court has held that all executive orders from the president of the United States must be supported by the Constitution, whether from a clause granting specific power, or by Congress delegating such to the executive branch. Specifically, such orders must be rooted in Article II of the US Constitution or enacted by the Congress in statutes. Attempts to block such orders have been successful at times when such orders exceeded the authority of the president or could be better handled through legislation."

Keep in mind, Congress still has the power of the purse regarding spending, although in some instance, the president can reallocate money from one department to another but only in certain or emergency circumstances. So not everything Trump did this weekend is legal. The question is whether or not it will be challenged in court. If so, the Democrats may look like they're keeping badly needed money from people who need it.

Lastly, if Trump is allowed to cut the payroll tax, he is in effect gutting Social Security and Medicare because those programs are funded through the payroll tax, which has been Trump's intent even before Covid-19. However, for a short-term, political gain, Trump is willing to destroy everyone's financial future. We must fight Trump's move every step of the way. He cannot be allowed to gut these essential programs. Congress must reach a compromise regarding a Covid relief bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2020 4:36 AM

DId someone mention purses?

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2020 5:59 AM

Bash is getting a lot better. Chuck Todd is a horrendous piece of shit. And he's been this way for long enough that this is what his employer wants.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2020 6:06 AM

NONE OF THESE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE A PLATFORM.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2020 9:40 AM

Before he suddenly died, Tim Russert was quite the Hillary Clinton critic. A big fuss was made about his unfortunate departure, but I viewed him as over-rated. He did have his good moments, but he had his on-air biases as well. I can see why he was enthralled with the young Todd.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2020 4:15 PM

Yeah, MTP has sucked for years.

They should get someone who knows how to ask hard-hitting questions while wearing a velvet glove. Along the lines of how Jonathan Swan repeatedly pummeled Cheatolini, yet did it in a way that didn’t cause the infant to storm out the room.

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote]Swan repeatedly pummeled Cheatolini, yet did it in a way that didn’t cause the infant to storm out the room.

A gelatinous ooze does not a "storm" make.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2020 5:39 PM

R13 why would weather people cover earthquakes?

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 5:43 PM

My favorite thing about Tim Russert was his appearance on [italic]Homicide[/italic], which had a character named Megan Russert. In the opening to one episode, Megan and Tim were riding in an elevator together, arguing. The premise was that they were cousins. Since [italic]Homicide[/italic] was set in Baltimore, it wasn't unreasonable to think someone working in D.C. could easily visit.

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 9:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!