Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Signing Four Executive Orders on Unemployment, Evictions, Student Loans, and Payroll Tax

I'm worried the suspension of the payroll tax - and Trump indicating he may terminate it altogether - may lead to people voting with their pocketbooks instead of their heads and hearts in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353August 14, 2020 1:18 AM

BINGO, OP!!!!!!!!!!! That's why that orange cunt is doing it!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2020 9:06 PM

But is this legal?

What about the $1200 checks?

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2020 9:09 PM

While I’m sure you’re not that worried, OP, the legality and executability of these orders has yet to be determined.

Not to mention the shaky fiscal ground on which eliminating the payroll tax rests (putting Medicare and Social Security at risk) Is also a political risk for your hero.

I’m guessing Trump knows this plan will be shot down, but he can try to say see? I tired. Same story, different day with this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2020 9:09 PM

And now you know why Mitch McTurtle would not even attend the meetings on the legislation. The entire response by Republicans to the pandemic is about how to use it in order to win elections (and the Supreme Court). There is no other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2020 9:11 PM

I can't undetstand why the politicians waited til the last minute to start addressing this dire issue. They set the deadline, and knew it was here.

Maybe this is why: so they can attribute goodie$ to Trump himself- like he wanted those months-ago stimulus checks to have his name on them?

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2020 9:11 PM

I also have the same worry as the OP.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote]But is this legal?

I have read different things about it. I'm tempted to tune into CNN because they often bring in legal and political analysts, but I'm already in bad mood because I truly believe Trump will be re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2020 9:18 PM

Yes let's worry about Trump getting reelected and ignoring poor people with no money being thrown onto streets.

Because having poor people with nothing to do will lead to something even better???

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2020 9:21 PM

Trump just won re-election

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2020 9:21 PM

Let’s not push it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2020 9:22 PM

Doesn't this make the Republicans look just as bad?

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2020 9:22 PM

This is a bunch of malarkey.

Just like the factories and the new healthcare plans and all the other scams.

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2020 9:23 PM

Where were people like Joni Ernst and Cory Gardner during all of this?

They are senators with a lot of power but just left the working people to rot.

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2020 9:24 PM

Will the payroll tax cut even be passed on to employees? Or will employers just keep it?

People want that second stimulus check not some stupid payroll tax cut!

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote]I can't undetstand why the politicians waited til the last minute to start addressing this dire issue. They set the deadline, and knew it was here.

Because Republicans are rich white guys and they don't care, literally don;t care. Democrats have been pushing this for weeks yet the Deplorables will still vote for the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2020 9:25 PM

R8, if Trump is re-elected, the poorest of poor Americans are fucked anyway.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote]I can't understand why the politicians waited til the last minute to start addressing this dire issue.

Uhm, "the politicians" did NOT wait till the last minute, the Rethuglican asswipes did. The House passed this bill MONTHS AGO, but Mitch McConnell refused to do anything at all in the Senate! Do you not understand how congress works at all, or how a bill becomes a law?

These "but BOTH SIDES!" assholes are the death of our society!

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2020 9:25 PM

This summer has seen biggest looting of the public treasury since the days of ancient Rome.

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2020 9:26 PM

R14, a quote from the article:

"Trump’s executive order would delay payroll taxes until the end of year and make the order retroactive to August 1, 2020. It would apply to workers earnings up to $100,000 per year. “This will mean bigger paychecks for working families,” Trump said during a press conference. Trump said he would forgive these if re-elected and make the payroll tax holiday permanent. “If I win, I may extend and terminate” the tax, Trump stated."

by Anonymousreply 19August 8, 2020 9:27 PM

It seems like this was the plan all along. Stall negotiations, blame the Democrats and then have Trump announce some ridiculous executive orders which gives him all the credit.

by Anonymousreply 20August 8, 2020 9:28 PM

I’m sure the MAGAs will be fine when Medicare and Social Security goes broke.

by Anonymousreply 21August 8, 2020 9:30 PM

So the payroll tax is deferred and if it doesn't end up getting eliminated, I'm on the hook for all the taxes I didn't pay through December? Plus, it depletes SS and Medicare. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 22August 8, 2020 9:30 PM

R22, he said he would forgive all of the payroll taxes if re-elected in the article. Payroll taxes would be covered up to $100k in income, so those making over $100k would still have to pay em.

by Anonymousreply 23August 8, 2020 9:33 PM

Lots of shit in the one order. The Federal government is only paying 75% of the $400 and the states, who are broke, have to pay 25%. So basically, people are only going to get about $300.00.

by Anonymousreply 24August 8, 2020 9:33 PM

Never gonna happen. Like most terrible Trump ideas will stall in the courts.

by Anonymousreply 25August 8, 2020 9:34 PM

Waiting for the markets to tank again. Perhaps this week?

by Anonymousreply 26August 8, 2020 9:35 PM

Trump and the GOP complained and whined for years about Obama signing Executive Orders but they're ok if it's on their side. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Nancy and Congress passed a bill in May. Moscow Mitch sat on his ass for months and then decided to make a piss poor effort to do his own deal. He couldn't even get his own party to agree so he gives up and let's the Orange Menace do his job instead. Bipartisanship is dead in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 27August 8, 2020 9:38 PM

R25 is correct. Just more blather that can’t be legally enacted and will go nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 28August 8, 2020 9:39 PM

Nothing about another $1,200.00 check.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2020 9:39 PM

R28, but in the meantime the Republicans will feel entitled to do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2020 9:41 PM

The FICA payroll tax (the one that funds Social Security) currently is not collected on incomes over $133,000.

So by eliminating the funding from those who earn less than $100,000; and not collecting it on income above $133,000; Trump and the republicans are effectively gutting social security.

I’m wondering if Deplorables approaching retirement are dumb enough to cheer him for it.

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2020 9:42 PM

Trump is not aware of this, but the government needs taxes in order to run. Where the fuck does he think the government gets money to run itself? His lack of planning and dealing with Covid has cost the government TRILLIONS and will continue to cost them more TRILLIONS

And the democrats should be screaming this from the rooftops

by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2020 9:43 PM

Pelosi needs to book herself on every talk show tomorrow and start explaining why this is BS.

The democrats cannot afford to keep letting them run with the narrative.

Shit, he's at an event that people had to pay 50,000 to get into! While people everywhere are home because a mess he fucking had a huge hand in!

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2020 9:47 PM

r5...not politicians...REPUBLICANS...Democrats passed a bill 2 months ago and Republicans wouldn't vote on it

r10...guess again...do you honestly think anyone who is over 60...let alone people who are working will go along with depleting Social Security and Medicare ?....the very things he vowed he would never touch ?

Mnuchin and Meadows stalled talks...Trump issues executive order...it get tied up in court so nobody gets anything and people start losing their homes, cant put food on the table, etc....and Trump gets to say he wants to help the people, but Democrats are blocking him....just in time for the election...BUT the people are on to him and his lies, and they know the reason talks collapsed was that the GOP wanted to give another massive financial gift to corporations and billionaires. NOT THIS TIME.

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2020 9:47 PM

^^^sorry....r9, not r10 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2020 9:49 PM

Re: deferral of payroll taxes. The 30 million unemployed are not paying payroll taxes at this point in any case, so this "cut" will benefit them in no way.

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2020 9:50 PM

[quote]People want that second stimulus check not some stupid payroll tax cut!

Payroll tax cut means less is taken out of your check for Social Security. It's his underhanded way of starting to get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2020 9:52 PM

R33, the Democrats are hapless and hopeless. They cannot frame anything to save their lives--or ours. I mean, I vote for them, but they really are pathetic. Where are the Democratic House members and Senators on TV saying over and over, we passed a bill two months ago that provides $1200 (or however much is really in their bill) for all Americans earning $100K; $600 extra in unemployment insurance; money for teachers, cops (yes, most people would be happy about this), firefighters, and the US Post Office, because we NEED OUR MAIL SYSTEM; and money to states, rural areas, cities, and suburbs, to keep our economy going?

Why can't the pathetic Democrats ever just put out simple, effective messages? I mean, Obama could sort of do this, and Bill Clinton could to, but so often, it's convoluted, reactive, means tested, polled verbiage that misses the point, Meanwhile, you have a deranged liar like Donny the Con up there just making crap up, and the media dutifully report whatever lies come out of his mouth. It's beyond exasperating and exhausting. Please, someone with access, get through to the self-defeating Dems ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2020 9:53 PM

Should read: Where are the Democratic House members and Senators on TV saying over and over, we passed a bill two months ago that provides $1200 (or however much is really in their bill) for all Americans earning UNDER $100K; $600 extra in unemployment insurance; money for teachers, cops (yes, most people would be happy about this), firefighters, and the US Post Office, because we NEED OUR MAIL SYSTEM; and money to states, rural areas, cities, and suburbs, to keep our economy going?

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2020 9:54 PM

I think Congress will have to do a standalone bill for the next $1,200 stimulus check if they can't reach an agreement on a more comprehensive economic stimulus bill.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2020 9:57 PM

For those people who know the stock markets: at what point will real financial pain start affecting the Dow?

It's like the investor class live on another planet.

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2020 10:01 PM

We better hope that a judge freezes the executive order or Trump just got a huge win that could win him the election.

by Anonymousreply 42August 8, 2020 10:03 PM

IT WILL NOT HELP TRUMP GET ELECTED...IT WILL HAVE THE OPPOSITE EFFECT...PEOPLE NO LONGER FALL FOR THE BULLSHIT FROM TRUMP AND THE GOP.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2020 10:05 PM

The stock market is going to love this because they'll see this as a big win for Trump and Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2020 10:05 PM

I’m sick of people getting extended unemployment benefits! What about those of us who work and barely make anything and could use some help??!

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2020 10:06 PM

Yep, once again the Democrats are outfoxed by the master manipulator. And once again, the Democrats come out with eggs on their pathetic faces.

Trump can claim he was championing the poor people but was stopped by the big, bad Democrats.

And if the Democrats go to court to block the executive orders, Trump can once again say he was stopped from helping the poor by Democrats. Republican talking head Mark Theissen has already started beating the drums that Democrats are deliberately trying to destroy the poor.

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2020 10:07 PM

And then the markets will crash....everyone paying attention KNOWS the markets are being artificially propped up. How in the hell do you think the economy is doing so good with 40 million people out of work ?

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2020 10:07 PM

I see the trolls are infesting this thread....either that or some of you are truly too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote] Or will employers just keep it?

Three guesses.

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2020 10:09 PM

I don't think a President can cut taxes of any kind without Congress' approval. It's all just show. He signed the $400 a week for unemployment and then said the states had to pay it.

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2020 10:09 PM

The president does not have the power to single-handedly enact (or un-enact) a tax. That power lies in Congress. He can sign whatever BS "executive orders" he wants, but they are just a storyline to stir up media frenzy and, like others have pointed out, look like he "did something" when the orders are completely unenforceable. Many people will fall for this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2020 10:10 PM

This is all to distract you from him firing senior USPS executives and replacing them with GOP cronies.

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2020 10:14 PM

[quote] Trump said he would forgive these if re-elected and make the payroll tax holiday permanent. “If I win, I may extend and terminate” the tax, Trump stated."

He doesn’t have the constitutional authority to do any of that, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2020 10:15 PM

"Where the fuck does he think the government gets money to run itself?"

Deutche Bank!

There should have been a stimulus check for May, June, July and August- to keep lower middle class and poor people from going under. Instead of an extra $600 for the unemployed, and instead of throwing money away by giving it to wealthy people.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2020 10:15 PM

It's all theatrics/performance stunts. No one in the media will come out and call it out for the BS it really is. Completely embarassing that it takes a foreign journalist to do the work that American journalists should have been doing for the last four years.

by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2020 10:20 PM

[quote]I’m wondering if Deplorables approaching retirement are dumb enough to cheer him for it.

I would say that most of them would cheer him for that. I have a 60 year old cousin who is a big Trump supporter. But, he's a person with constant financial issues and has said that he will to work into 70s in order to save more for retirement.

by Anonymousreply 56August 8, 2020 10:22 PM

R56, people who make bad financial decisions in their everyday life don’t suddenly become smart when they vote; they vote for politicians who will hurt them financially.

by Anonymousreply 57August 8, 2020 10:35 PM

Giving people with jobs more money and giving people without jobs less has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. This fucking excuse for a President is going to destroy America.

by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2020 10:43 PM

r46 you're ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 59August 8, 2020 10:48 PM

I live in NYC and see how DeBlasio and his crony Democrats are destroying this once great city. Everything is wrong here now. I am not a Republican but I have lost faith in an all Democratic controlling party so if Trump wins again, it may be a wake up call to NYC to get its act together.

by Anonymousreply 60August 8, 2020 10:52 PM

R59, I think what R46 sounds ridiculous, but I also think he's right....this is exactly what Trump is doing...trying to make it look like he tried to solve all the problems (even though his exec orders are bullshit and unenforceable) and optically shift HIS failure onto others. Sadly, some will fall for these theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 61August 8, 2020 10:53 PM

People will ALWAYS vote with their pocketbooks Op.

Do you really think the people want higher taxes when Biden gets in office? Do you really think the people want a slow economic recovery just like Obama’s in 2008.

Hell no.

For all the bitching New Yorkers do about DiBlasio that’s exactly what you’ll get with a far left administration. High taxes, more crime, ridiculous policies. You’re not getting Biden, you’re getting his VP.

by Anonymousreply 62August 8, 2020 10:54 PM

FFS

Trump cannot use executive orders to legislate.

He’s done this to pretend he cares, for the TV. Meanwhile where was he when the republicans were telling the democrats the $600 was too much and the covid relief should be reduced to chicken scraps? They’re totally under his power and will do whatever he says. If he had told them to go along, they would have.

Like everything else he does, this is absurd, cheap theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 63August 8, 2020 10:58 PM

Your concern is duly noted R62.

by Anonymousreply 64August 8, 2020 10:58 PM

R62, do you want a banana republic where there is no rule of law? Do you want Covid to rage throughout the country, more or less unchecked for the next 4-5 years? How about the complete collapse of our political system?

Because you’ll get all of that with a second term for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 65August 8, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote]And now you know why Mitch McTurtle would not even attend the meetings on the legislation. The entire response by Republicans to the pandemic is about how to use it in order to win elections (and the Supreme Court). There is no other explanation.

r4 That goes both ways, we have no way of knowing if the Dem side has politicized this virus to gain advantage over Trump.

There are enough doctors that say they have used hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID successfully. Did you know it's been made very difficult to get in the US? Why is that you think?

Both sides are playing politics with our lives, we are just a tennis ball being hit back and forth with no regard to our lives.

I say fuck voting and let's all descend on Washington and demand what we need. None of the current politicians with the most power care what happens with us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 8, 2020 10:59 PM

R62 is the PA yard sign Trumpista on a different account. Biden is not far left. There will be NO economic recovery under Trump. R66 is a whackadoodle with his links to the Washington Examiner.

by Anonymousreply 67August 8, 2020 11:01 PM

r61 some will fall for anything. It's silly to blame the Democrats for this though.

Also r66 fuck your "both sides" nonsense and calls for rebellion, obvious Russian troll.

r61 -

[quote]For all the bitching New Yorkers do about DiBlasio that’s exactly what you’ll get with a far left administration. High taxes, more crime, ridiculous policies. You’re not getting Biden, you’re getting his VP.

Directly from Republican talking point central. We've seen what Republicans do to the government when they're in power. It's bad.

by Anonymousreply 68August 8, 2020 11:10 PM

R3 is correct. Suspending the payroll tax will lose Trump Florida, for sure. The payroll tax helps support Medicare - the single most popular program ever enacted by Congress - with already dire warnings about how those lost jobs means lost revenue coming into SS and Medicare, you have to wonder if Trump has some sort of death wish operating and actually wants to lose this election.

To be honest, I never thought he wanted to win the first one unless he could go home the next day.

by Anonymousreply 69August 8, 2020 11:12 PM

^*should have read: "Social Security, the single most popular program ever enacted by Congress - and now Medicare."

R69

by Anonymousreply 70August 8, 2020 11:13 PM

The power to tax and spend is vested in Congress, not the Executive branch. Trump's executive orders have no teeth and are un-American.

by Anonymousreply 71August 8, 2020 11:14 PM

R67 please treat your TDS.

Anyone that disagrees with you is either a troll or whackadoodle?

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 72August 8, 2020 11:20 PM

R68, New Yorkers bitch about diblasio all day long on DL. DiBlasio reputation for being a shit mayor is well-earned.

by Anonymousreply 73August 8, 2020 11:23 PM

R68 is wearing blinders if he/she/it doesn't see that both sides are prone to politicizing everything. I'm beginning to feel like 90% of Congress is incompetent and needs to be voted out.

by Anonymousreply 74August 8, 2020 11:25 PM

What good will payroll tax cut benefit the unemployed?

by Anonymousreply 75August 8, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]please treat your TDS.

Fuck off back to the QAnon Facebook group, sweetie.

[quote] Anyone that disagrees with you is either a troll or whackadoodle?

No. Anyone who links to the Washington Examiner is a whackadoodle.

No

by Anonymousreply 76August 8, 2020 11:30 PM

R76, with all due respect, you yourself sound a bit off. You are in wackadoodle-adjacent territory.

by Anonymousreply 77August 8, 2020 11:34 PM

So basically he’s trying to buy votes using other people’s money. Just like some second-rate African dictator.

Is America great again yet?

by Anonymousreply 78August 8, 2020 11:34 PM

They payroll tax cut is there solely to help bankrupt Social Security.

by Anonymousreply 79August 8, 2020 11:35 PM

R75 unemployed will get $400 per week additional pandemic unemployment benefits under this EO. Thank God, I wouldn't be able to survive without it.

by Anonymousreply 80August 8, 2020 11:36 PM

r73 no one likes DeBlasio! It doesn't mean he's a typical Democrat, and using people's dislike of him as an example of all Democrats is disingenuous, and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 81August 8, 2020 11:37 PM

r77 anyone who uses the phrase "wackadoodle" is a Frau.

by Anonymousreply 82August 8, 2020 11:38 PM

r74 they're politicians. If you don't see the differences between Democrats and Republicans, you're delusional or have been living under a rock.

I see you favor the "burn it all down and start over again" approach, favored by Bernie Bots and Rand Paul.

by Anonymousreply 83August 8, 2020 11:39 PM

That's if your state can afford the percentage they have to kick in R80

by Anonymousreply 84August 8, 2020 11:40 PM

R80 you will still be paying extra 15 percent on each benefit per week. You might not even get 400 more like 300 if your state can't pay the 25 percent.

by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2020 11:42 PM

But there were instant questions about whether Trump’s actions were as ironclad as he made them out to be. A leading national expert on unemployment benefits said one of the actions would not increase federal unemployment benefits at all. Instead, the expert said it would instead create a new program that could take “months” to set up. And Trump’s directive to halt evictions primarily calls for federal agencies to “consider” if they should be stopped.

Trump also mischaracterized the legal stature of the measures, referring to them as “bills.” Congress writes and votes on bills, not the White House. The documents Trump signed on Saturday were a combination of memorandums and an executive order.

One of the measures Trump signed on Saturday aims to provide $400 in weekly unemployment aid for millions of Americans. Trump said 25 percent of this money would be paid by states, many of which are already dealing with major budget shortfalls. The federal contribution would be redirected from disaster relief money at the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Those funds are not likely to last more than two months, and Trump would not say when the benefits would kick in.

Another document signed by Trump on Saturday attempts to defer payroll tax payments from September through December for people who earn less than $100,000. The impact of this measure could depend on whether companies decide to comply, as they could be responsible for withdrawing large amounts of money from their employees’ paychecks in a few months when the taxes are due.

Two of the other executive actions are related to eviction protections and student loan relief. The plan related to housing only makes suggestions to federal agencies but does not halt evictions nationally. The measure on student loans aims to extend the relief granted by Congress in March through the end of the year.

Trump’s unilateral actions, if carried out, would provide only limited relief. The White House on Saturday authorized taking about $50 billion from the FEMA fund to pay for unemployment benefits, but that money will only last about five weeks before expiring, according to Democratic congressional aides and unemployment experts. Then the White House probably would again have to ask Congress for money.

Trump also signed an executive order stating that it was U.S. policy to minimize evictions and foreclosures. The order does not reinstate the federal eviction moratorium that expired last month or fund the billions in assistance Democrats have said is necessary to help people already behind on their rent.

Instead, the order calls on the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to “consider” whether it was necessary to temporarily halt evictions. The Treasury Department and the Department of Housing and Urban Development “shall identify” federal funds to provide temporary assistance to renters and homeowners “who, as a result of the financial hardships caused by COVID-19, are struggling to meet their monthly rental or mortgage obligations,” the order says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 8, 2020 11:43 PM

R80. Make sure you pay your taxes ahead so you won't have to pay uncle Sam in january.

by Anonymousreply 87August 8, 2020 11:46 PM

Well R82 I don't have a vagina, so am certain I'm not a frau.

R77

by Anonymousreply 88August 8, 2020 11:46 PM

As always, smoke and mirrors

[quote]Just in : Trump appears to have tonight actually only signed one Executive Order that extends rental evictions during the coronavirus pandemic. Other three documents were memoranda, per White House release.

And the EO is again vague language bullshit.

But it's designed to give him a headline mindlessly repeated by the media and his flunkies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 8, 2020 11:48 PM

Donald Trump is about ONE thing: MEDIA ATTENTION. Whatever it takes. It can be 100% lies but if it gets him attention and ratings, he will do it.

Well maybe the second thing is MONEY.

by Anonymousreply 90August 8, 2020 11:50 PM

Andrew Yang really had the right idea with giving people a basic universal income amount each month. It could pay bills but also go towards the economy.

by Anonymousreply 91August 8, 2020 11:51 PM

Ooh, look, a Sternly Worded Letter™!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 8, 2020 11:52 PM

DL fave Maggie Haberman is on the case:

[quote]It's one executive order and three memoranda. The one on evictions directs the government to find ways to help homeowner and renters but on its own does nothing to halt evictions.

[quote]The memorandum on financial relief/weekly assistance relies on the Stafford Act and would require using disaster relief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 8, 2020 11:52 PM

r88 I can smell that tuna from here. Use a stronger douche!

by Anonymousreply 94August 8, 2020 11:52 PM

So this was a stunt?

by Anonymousreply 95August 8, 2020 11:53 PM

r91 that isn't Andrew Yang's original idea, but I'm happy he brought it to the attention of people like you.

It's also a Libertarian policy.

by Anonymousreply 96August 8, 2020 11:53 PM

Will deoplorables feel duped again when the checks don’t really ever come?

by Anonymousreply 97August 8, 2020 11:54 PM

When is it not, R95?

by Anonymousreply 98August 8, 2020 11:54 PM

Biden needs to get ads in Florida ASAP about how the Republicans are targeting their Social Security and Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 99August 8, 2020 11:54 PM

So basically he said “the check is in the mail”?

Unemployed people are screwed. At least the democrats have a bill that has been ready to go since May. The Dems are the last people remaining in the working man’s corner.

by Anonymousreply 100August 8, 2020 11:55 PM

Yes Rose @R95

by Anonymousreply 101August 8, 2020 11:55 PM

R80, you do realize he’s lying and you are not actually getting $400, right?

by Anonymousreply 102August 8, 2020 11:57 PM

R100. How can the check be in the mail. It will take weeks or months to implement.

by Anonymousreply 103August 8, 2020 11:57 PM

WTF Reuters for giving him the headline and narrative he wanted without fact-checking?

[quote]Trump signs coronavirus relief orders after talks with Congress break down

[quote]President Donald Trump signed executive orders on Saturday partly restoring enhanced unemployment payments to the tens of millions of Americans who lost jobs in the coronavirus pandemic, as the United States marked a grim milestone of 5 million cases.

by Anonymousreply 104August 8, 2020 11:58 PM

Biden needs to announce his VP pick now R99. He is missing an opportunity for that person to be on all the shows and calling out Trump for now helping working and poor families.

by Anonymousreply 105August 8, 2020 11:58 PM

Trump gets to pat himself on the back today for signing his dumb executive orders. I hope they do some good.

No one will remember this once all these students go back to school in a few and start dying.

Dead kids in mass quantities does tend to take over the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 106August 9, 2020 12:01 AM

Yeah, the money is never going to come. are they going to drag this scam out until Nov 3?

This money belongs to the taxpayers, not GOP pigs.

by Anonymousreply 107August 9, 2020 12:03 AM

Where is Michael Bloomberg? He should be financing air time to get the Dems to state the truth - they, not Trump - had this in place and McConnell did nothing. I thought Bloomberg was going to use his money to help Dems?

by Anonymousreply 108August 9, 2020 12:06 AM

The media needs to get its act together. Remember when they all came out and apologized after 2016?

by Anonymousreply 109August 9, 2020 12:10 AM

If this is a huge fraud then the media needs to say so.

by Anonymousreply 110August 9, 2020 12:10 AM

Nancy and Chuck can't negotiate their way out of a paper bag, nor can Mitch the Yurtle Turtle. They had a while to get something done. Glad someone is getting it done. NO I AM NOT A TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 111August 9, 2020 12:10 AM

what is so great? there is no $1,200 check coming for those who got it the last time.

by Anonymousreply 112August 9, 2020 12:11 AM

Nobody got anything done.

by Anonymousreply 113August 9, 2020 12:13 AM

R86 breaks things down perfectly. Donny the Covid-con is a complete stunt queen scammer.

He cannot do what he claims he's doing through executive orders. He called the actions "bills" but in each case, he cannot appropriate money or do more than direct already existing programs.

Democrats and the US media need to call him out for what he is: a lying con man. That's what he's always been. And a racist, an alleged rapist, and an apparently a traitor.

Let's see if the sad-sack Dems or the media press him on these stunts. His dangerous buffoonery, which has led to 162,000 dead Americans from Covid-19, makes me want to puke! Get him out of there, bring him to trial, and lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 114August 9, 2020 12:13 AM

Here, R108:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 9, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote]NO I AM NOT A TROLL.

Yeah, actually you are. Or you're incredibly stupid. Take your pick.

The Democrats passed their bill in May and have been begging Republicans to negotiate ever since. McConnell refused and isn't even negotiating now, so your post was wrong on all counts.

by Anonymousreply 116August 9, 2020 12:14 AM

As someone who lives in a Gulf state, it scares the shit out of me when the orange dotard wants to siphon billions from FEMA. They just increased the major hurricane prediction this week. But I won’t complain if a major hurricane strikes a certain area of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 117August 9, 2020 12:17 AM

R116 I blame both sides equally. Too bad for you if you don't agree. Both parties let us down.

by Anonymousreply 118August 9, 2020 12:17 AM

Why can’t Mitch just pass a deal like a non-vampire.

If the deplorables wait on this executive order money to come then they are by far bigger fools than they seem.

by Anonymousreply 119August 9, 2020 12:18 AM

So basically, his memoranda and executive order accomplished ... nothing. He's trying to shove a greater burden onto the states, who cannot afford it, and he's forcing them to retool their unemployment systems to try to accommodate a temporary change, when it took a couple of months last time.

R118, what part of "the Democrats passed their bill in May" are you failing to understand?

by Anonymousreply 120August 9, 2020 12:18 AM

The Democrats in the House passed a bill they KNEW WOULD NEVER get passed the Senate. They did it all for politics and talking points. I blame both sides for not being able to accomplish anything.

by Anonymousreply 121August 9, 2020 12:22 AM

R121, the Democrats in the House passed a bill they KNEW WAS NECESSARY FOR CURRENT CONDITIONS. They did it because it was the right thing to do.

The fact that you continue to demonstrate what an ignoramus you are really isn't helping your case.

by Anonymousreply 122August 9, 2020 12:23 AM

Although I did laugh out loud at your other point, that you were "Glad someone is getting it done," when had you bothered to read the thread, or actually bothered to look into it, you would have seen that Trump didn't do jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 123August 9, 2020 12:24 AM

Don’t count your chickens. This sounds like a disaster to distract from the republicans greed and constant failures.

by Anonymousreply 124August 9, 2020 12:25 AM

I've noticed recently he's looking more like a reptile. Scary, that.

by Anonymousreply 125August 9, 2020 12:27 AM

Trump is fatter than ever...is he still eating McDonalds?

by Anonymousreply 126August 9, 2020 12:34 AM

Chuck Schumer, for the life him, could not simplify his fucking messages to connect with people if his fucking life were to depend on them. Too fucking holier-than-thou to dumb down for the hoi polloi. Fucking sick and tired of him. Time for him to retire and just leave the party.

by Anonymousreply 127August 9, 2020 12:40 AM

The sudden appearance of a COVID vaccine the third week of October will seal the deal for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 128August 9, 2020 12:58 AM

These are all last minute passes to try and get re-elected. He's getting completely desperate. Why do you think all the shit with the USPS is now happening? They know they're losing. A sudden vaccination isn't going to help because a lot of people already feel like they're rushing out one too fast to try and get the economy going back up.

Someone on another board said the analysts on CNN were laughing as they went over his plan. It's being debunked all over the web as the nothingburger it really is.

by Anonymousreply 129August 9, 2020 1:16 AM

Lincoln Project only needed 19 words to show 4 fatal flaws with Trump’s payroll tax holiday...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 9, 2020 1:24 AM

There are three flaws with the unemployment "benefit."

1. The states don't have the money. None of them do. Most are in desperate financial straits and have been begging the federal government for assistance. Quite a few of them have already been forced to borrow billions from the U.S. Treasury to pay for the unemployment funds they're giving out now.

2. The available funds that Trump is trying to redirect (and that's it not at all clear that he legally can redirect) will last only five weeks.

3. It takes weeks to set up a program like this and to get states to retool their systems to support it. We saw that earlier this year with the $600 benefit. People need the money now and they will not get it.

by Anonymousreply 131August 9, 2020 1:33 AM

There is one huge gaping flaw in the payroll tax holiday, aside from the fact that it's not at all clear that he legally can declare such a holiday, and that is that the workers would still be on the hook for the taxes at the end of the year, facing a massive tax bill in their final paycheck(s).

Quoting a story in the Washington Post: "The impact of this measure could depend on whether companies decide to comply, as they could be responsible for withdrawing large amounts of money from their employees’ paychecks in a few months when the taxes are due."

by Anonymousreply 132August 9, 2020 1:35 AM

The eviction plan isn't a plan at all, nor does it halt any evictions. It simply states that it is U.S. policy to minimize evictions and foreclosures. The order doesn't reinstate the federal eviction moratorium that expired or last month and it does not provide any funding for renters or landlords. In short, it does absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 133August 9, 2020 1:36 AM

Even better, or worse, depending on your point of view, Trump has promised to cut the payroll tax permanently if he is reelected, thereby destroying Social Security and Medicare. He just "touched the third rail" of politics and it's a sure bet that Democrats will be all over this.

by Anonymousreply 134August 9, 2020 1:37 AM

On the unemployment money, it gets even better: workers cannot even get the $300 benefit unless the states first cough up the $100. So if states cannot do that, and most cannot, then workers get absolutely nothing. Citing the New York Times:

[quote]And there is another catch — the text of the memorandum says that the $300 can only be paid to people who first qualify for $100 in aid paid by their state.

[quote]It was unclear how quickly states, whose unemployment systems had already been overburdened by the record numbers of new jobless claims, would be able to adjust to a new system, or whether they will have the resources to supplement an additional benefit.

I so live this comment from Trump, something that he is going to regret:

[quote]“If they don’t, they don’t — that’s going to be their problem,” Mr. Trump said.

by Anonymousreply 135August 9, 2020 1:41 AM

R135, it’s cute that you think Trump is capable of a normal human emotion like “regret.”

by Anonymousreply 136August 9, 2020 1:44 AM

All the people who have become unemployed have a payroll tax of zero already.

A lower payroll tax, for people who still have their jobs, means a higher tax bill in April.

by Anonymousreply 137August 9, 2020 1:45 AM

Oh, sorry, you are absolutely right. Trump won't, but his campaign directors are going to regret it, as will Congressional Republicans seeking reelection.

by Anonymousreply 138August 9, 2020 1:46 AM

That's what has had everyone scratching their head over Trump's insistence on this, R137. He's been wanting this for months and nobody knows why. And nobody else is on board with it, not even his fellow Republicans, because it's just so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 139August 9, 2020 1:47 AM

In short, TRump ‘s response to a raging, job killing pandemic is to gut the social security retirement program in order to give cash to those who are not out of work.

by Anonymousreply 140August 9, 2020 2:36 AM

I am bitterly disappointed. I expected more personal graft in the schemes. Such as - converting his golf clubs into Health Workers R&R retreat centers, where they stay for free but Trump charges the US full fees.

by Anonymousreply 141August 9, 2020 3:10 AM

Now do you fucking get it, R111/118/121? Trump accomplished nothing.

[quote] Ooh, look, a Sternly Worded Letter™!

Ooh, look, another stupid BernOut who thinks Pelosi singlehandedly runs the government and should have done everything by now.

by Anonymousreply 142August 9, 2020 3:12 AM

Virtually all of what the Orange Idiot did today isn't legal, and or won't happen for several months. States already were grappling with trying to implement CARES act UI benefits, now this idiot is telling them they will have to craft a totally new program, and worse states will have to fund most of it on their own.

As for making payroll tax holiday amounts totally forgiven "If I am reelected...", is just another stupid election hail Mary pass that anyone with a high school understanding of civics knows isn't possible. POTUS do not control purse strings of nation; that falls to Congress in particular the House where by USC *ALL* matter related to spending must originate. DT cannot now or in 2021 (if by reasons known only to God is kept on), tell treasury department to permanently forgo collection of legally owned taxes.

This whole hot mess is nothing more than an last minute attempt for DT to right the sinking ship otherwise known as his presidency. These executive orders (for bills they are not for obvious reasons) will be tied up in federal court for years to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 9, 2020 3:17 AM

His base doesn't like handouts so this SHOULD make them mad.

by Anonymousreply 144August 9, 2020 3:17 AM

One would think by now it has seeped into DT's brain that federal government of United States is not an extension of Trump, Inc.

While yes, POTUS does have vast powers, they are checked by the USC which establishes clear boundaries between executive, judicial and legislative branches of government.

The man has had some success in federal courts. But he's also been slapped down fair number of times as well. Justice Roberts must be reading all this and just going down list saying "no, no, no, Hell No!"

by Anonymousreply 145August 9, 2020 3:22 AM

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a bad feeling about rushing out any vaccinations too soon. I can picture Trump forcing vaccines out before election, then not giving a shit if they aren’t effective. People thinking they are protected and really aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2020 3:57 AM

By and large early word on street is a wide range of demographics have no interest in any of these rushed covid-19 vaccines, nor intend to be lining up themselves and theirs to receive. This ironically is a view shared not just in USA but many other parts of Europe and world.

Maybe in countries with lose constitutions where the state can mandate several hundred ways from Sunday people must do things; but don't think there will be any huge rush in USA. If anything anti-vax movement has been growing and covid-19 will likely join that list.

by Anonymousreply 147August 9, 2020 4:07 AM

“Democrats repeat our call to Republicans to return to the table, meet us halfway and work together to deliver immediate relief to the American people. Lives are being lost, and time is of the essence.”

The bill is still on the table. It’s Mitch’s move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 9, 2020 4:14 AM

“Today’s meager announcements by the President show President Trump still does not comprehend the seriousness or the urgency of the health and economic crises facing working families. We’re disappointed that instead of putting in the work to solve Americans’ problems, the President instead chose to stay on his luxury golf course to announce unworkable, weak and narrow policy announcements to slash the unemployment benefits that millions desperately need and endanger seniors’ Social Security and Medicare.

“These policy announcements provide little real help to families. For instance, not only does the President’s announcement not actually extend the eviction moratorium, it provides no assistance to help pay the rent, which will only leave desperate families to watch their debt pile higher. Instead of passing a bill, now President Trump is cutting families’ unemployment benefits and pushing states further into budget crises, forcing them to make devastating cuts to life-or-death services.

“Furthermore, these announcements do nothing to increase testing, nothing to reopen schools, nothing to put food on the table for hungry families, nothing to prevent heroes being laid off across state and local government, nothing to protect the Postal Service or the integrity of our elections, nothing on many critical needs of the American people.

“Since the House passed The Heroes Act twelve weeks ago, more than 3.5 million Americans have become infected and 70,000 have tragically died. The coronavirus is moving through our country like a runaway freight train and the economy is quickly running out of steam. The only solution to crush the virus and protect working families is to pass a comprehensive bill that is equal to the historic health and economic catastrophe facing our country.

“Democrats repeat our call to Republicans to return to the table, meet us halfway and work together to deliver immediate relief to the American people. Lives are being lost, and time is of the essence.”

by Anonymousreply 149August 9, 2020 4:15 AM

You are all more concerned with Trump being reelected than helping someone that needs help.

Did you not watch the Facts of Life episode with Jo and the scoreboard? If not watch it and learn.

[quote]So the payroll tax is deferred and if it doesn't end up getting eliminated, I'm on the hook for all the taxes I didn't pay through December? Plus, it depletes SS and Medicare. No thanks.

Yes, only congress can eliminate the tax.

by Anonymousreply 150August 9, 2020 10:26 AM

R122 You prove with name calling that you don't have a strong argument to support the feckless Dems. The Democrats are sleazy politicians just like the Republicans. They all are. NYC is fully run by Democrats and it is one of the most expensive tax and spend liberal cities to live in. It is also filthy dirty and crime ridden. In your perfect world you seem to want Dems running everything, be careful what you wish for. WOW I didn't call you any insulting names like you did, which reflects you more than someone you don't know at all by the way.

by Anonymousreply 151August 9, 2020 11:34 AM
by Anonymousreply 152August 9, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote] [R100]. How can the check be in the mail. It will take weeks or months to implement.

R103, "The check is in the mail" is what a lot of people will tell bill collectors when the collectors call about you not paying a bill. It is a lie that is a delaying tactic, there is no check in the mail. What R100 is saying is, Trump is lying, it is a delaying tactic that will buy him some time until he comes up with another lie even bigger than the last that his followers will continue to sallow. For example see his defenders above, like the gullible fool above who said of Trump "Glad someone is getting it done," when in fact Trump has done nothing but lie about what he has done.

by Anonymousreply 153August 9, 2020 12:53 PM

I knew there was no way that fat cocksucker would sign this unless there was something in it for him. He cares NOTHING for anyone but himself.

by Anonymousreply 154August 9, 2020 12:58 PM

He doesn't have the legal authority to send out money, Congress does, and the Democrats are fighting for more of a benefit than Trump gave in his ONE executive order.

Yes, I said one. Three were simply memoranda, only one was actually an executive order.

It hasn't exactly been met with accolades and the press for once is rightly pointing out that it's a cut from previous benefits.

So let's dial back the "Trump is guaranteed reelection now" propaganda, girls, okay?

by Anonymousreply 155August 9, 2020 1:06 PM

[quote] You prove with name calling that you don't have a strong argument to support the feckless Dems.

But you ARE stupid, R151. It's been explained to you why your talking points are incorrect and yet you keep making them.

First:

[quote] NYC is fully run by Democrats and it is one of the most expensive tax and spend liberal cities to live in.

Do you live in NYC? I do. News flash, hunty: it has always been expensive. It was expensive when Republicans Guiliani and Bloomberg were mayors as well.

[quote] It is also filthy dirty and crime ridden.

No, it isn't. I live here. There's crime, and it's definitely gone up. Crime ridden? Like what? Drive-by shootings? Muggings on every street? Cops being shot? Bullshit. It's nowhere near the level of, say, Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 156August 9, 2020 1:10 PM

Donnie really is a grotesquely overgrown first grader holding up a finger painting with a gold star, expecting everyone to kvell over him. "Look what I did, mommy!"

by Anonymousreply 157August 9, 2020 1:16 PM

Well, unless Trump's moronic backers (the ones left) in his own party, line up against this, especially the payroll tax, there goes Florida.

by Anonymousreply 158August 9, 2020 1:16 PM

R156 I live in NYC. It is an overpriced crime infested disgustingly dirty city. It wasn't always this way. The noticeable decay started about 3 years ago with DeBlasio's awful policies starting to hold. Calling me stupid reflects you and it is sad you have nothing to offer in your defense of these tax and spend liberals who now run this corrupt city. I feel you won't ever be able to present your point of view without name calling so your opinions matter not to me. Good luck in your utopia, the rest of us know the truth. Enjoy your latte while the city burns to the ground

by Anonymousreply 159August 9, 2020 1:23 PM

R159, if you live in NYC, how can you say it wasn't expensive when Giuliani and Bloomberg were mayors? Answer me that.

by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2020 1:26 PM

By the way, R159, my city taxes have not gone up since de Blasio took over. He's a terrible, corrupt mayor. But Giuliani ran the city like a fascist and Bloomberg elected himself Mayr for a third term.

by Anonymousreply 161August 9, 2020 1:27 PM

He never fails to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

COVID was an opportunity to show leadership and compassion. Instead, he gave a good imitation of Louis XVI in the tundrels.

A new stimulus place was an opportunity to show understanding of the problems most of America faces now. Instead, he issues an "order" that will undercut the two most popular programmes ever enacted by Congress: Social Security and Medicare, risking a Grey Revolt that will cost untold numbers of votes in a short time.

It's like watching a horror movie in which the heroine goes down to the cellar in her peignoir holding a torch whilst the audience screams out, "No! No! The monster is in the cellar! Get in the car and drive away! Call the boyfriend!"

Do anything but what it is you're doing.

by Anonymousreply 162August 9, 2020 1:29 PM

R159, compare NYC now to the 1970s. Just look it up. You'll see how bad it was then and it's nothing like that.

by Anonymousreply 163August 9, 2020 1:30 PM

Implementing Universal Basic Income would be more efficient. Tax the filthy rich corporations. Then tax the mega billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 164August 9, 2020 1:33 PM

dirty fucking cunt

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2020 1:37 PM

Can someone please start a '55-65 soon to retire' thread? I'm 58, working remote 30 hours a week. I have a job and can keep a roof over my head for now, but in 6 months - who knows? My generation has not had a raise in 20 years and now my modest retirement is in jeopardy. Will the USA never learn?

by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote] Can someone please start a '55-65 soon to retire' thread?

There are plenty of them on Datalounge. But you'll be disappointed. It's full of Dataloungers complaining about their struggle maintaining two houses and only $2M in savings.

by Anonymousreply 167August 9, 2020 1:42 PM

[quote]Implementing Universal Basic Income would be more efficient. Tax the filthy rich corporations. Then tax the mega billionaires.

I agree with the tax on corporations and billionaires but I don't know how to do it because if one jurisdiction acts, another just sits pretty and says come live/register here.

They've so effectively set up a mentality corporations can't pay tax that to argue otherwise is to say let's kill puppies. I feel like it would take an international treaty of all the advanced economies to say here's the global corporate tax rate and here's the fines or fees for corporations that HQ in Shitholistan as a tax dodge. But how could you make that happen? Anybody who understands economics and policy have any insights? Theres's got to be a way.

by Anonymousreply 168August 9, 2020 1:42 PM

Queen Kristi Noem in South Dakota can cover their 25%.

This is a kick in the teeth to the blue states who desperately need one. They want federal money to keep their entitlement crony schemes going and have misappropriated the coronavirus funds already received.

Sorry Charlie. Time to batten down the hatches and do your fucking part.

by Anonymousreply 169August 9, 2020 1:45 PM

What are you talking about, R169?

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2020 1:47 PM

All proposed bills so far included a second stimulus check. Now nothing? Some of us have been working the whole time and would like it. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2020 1:49 PM

All this is, on Dump's part, is smoke and mirrors. A reelection bid, period. None of these so-called orders can be implemented without Congress, as has already been said. Period. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2020 1:53 PM

Most people in New York city are going to be surprised when they realized they will be getting an extra 300 dollar a week in federal relieve instead of the 400. so most people will be making 200-300 more a month.

by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2020 2:00 PM

Huh, R173?

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2020 2:02 PM

He is going to bankrupt the country. The payroll tax cut, the tax cuts for the rich, the middle-class tax cuts and the tax cut for corporations there is no money coming in to the government which is already spending too much to cover the economic impact of badly handling the coronavirus. Nevermind the president has zero power in doing this. Congress controls the use of taxes and money not just arbitrary orders from a despot.

by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2020 2:02 PM

Everything and everyone Dump touches turn to shit.

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2020 2:03 PM

Meant relief instead of relieve.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2020 2:05 PM

R170 - States have to cover 25% of the $400/wk unemployment bonus. It’s not all being fed funded.

by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote] They want federal money to keep their entitlement crony schemes going and have misappropriated the coronavirus funds already received.

What does that mean, R178? And who's "they"?

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2020 2:11 PM

Congress passed the tax cuts R175.

by Anonymousreply 180August 9, 2020 2:29 PM

r180 - a republican controlled congress at the time. Check the deficit. You can't just remove huge amounts of income from the coffers and not expect it to come from somewhere else. And I know states have to fund half of it, it still has to come from somewhere. The rich have pretty much stopped paying thier fair share, to win the votes he temporarily cut the middle class from paying as well. What do you think will happen when the we are out of money?

by Anonymousreply 181August 9, 2020 2:38 PM

News flash. We’re already out of money. It’s called the DEFICIT and it’s not exclusively a Trump problem.

Cut spending. Something politicians seem incapable of doing.

by Anonymousreply 182August 9, 2020 2:40 PM

r182 Yes I know but growing it exponentially is not a good . Trump has added 2 trillion to the deficit. Not quite as much as Obama had to in his first term to save the economy but Trump was handed a windfall of low unemployment and a healthy strong economy. He tanked that in half the time it took Bush.

by Anonymousreply 183August 9, 2020 2:44 PM

A tax cut for the richest Americans at the expense of the rest of the country didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 184August 9, 2020 2:50 PM

R170: It's a stupid talking point used by Trump supporting doucebags. All blue states are corrupts and giving money to fags and darkies and illegals. And now the virtuous white red states will govern themselves correctly and the blue state communist gravy train is over and they deserve to suffer. The Twitter bots are screaming this talking point this morning.

Every slur I've uttered is EXACTLY what these sub-humans say and believe.

by Anonymousreply 185August 9, 2020 2:52 PM

Yeah, R185, I figured, since R169 never came back to prove just how states (which states, by the way?) have "misappropriated" COVID funding. What bullshit that is.

by Anonymousreply 186August 9, 2020 2:55 PM

Doucebags?

by Anonymousreply 187August 9, 2020 2:57 PM

r186 where there is always the guy in florida who got payroll funding and used to party and buy a lambo - he was a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 188August 9, 2020 2:58 PM

And STILL you have stupid dipshits who are going around saying that voting for Biden is just as bad, or it's eating half a bowl of shit instead of the full bowl.

These fucking morons who wet their pants thinking that this fool was going to bring the revolution, Yeah, he brought the revolution all right, He tanked the economy, put tens of millions out of work, gave a massive tax cut to the rich, and completely fucked up in handling a medical pandemic. And is now looking to gut Social Security and Medicare.

But hey, a couple of privileged elite get to put on their designer jeans for a couple of hours and play Che Guevara, getting arrested and calling their high priced lawyers to whisk them back to their luxury apartments away from the "common folk" when things get too real. So I guess it works out fine for them, right?

by Anonymousreply 189August 9, 2020 2:59 PM

Fox News.com, right now, Headline is "Unconstitutional Slop."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 9, 2020 3:13 PM

This is a win for Dump. Now he can sit back and say he tried so hard to save us all but the evil Democrats stood in his way. Deplorables don’t care about it being unconstitutional, they just see money being withheld from them. What a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 191August 9, 2020 3:21 PM

Newsflash. Trump will bankrupt the USA. Duh. It's what he does. And he will walk away.

by Anonymousreply 192August 9, 2020 3:29 PM

Someone asked when the Wall Street reckoning will occur...

It won’t. The Repugs learned during the recession how to pump the market. They will create massive inflation and while the value of the $20 bill in your wallet will stay the same, the value of their shares will increase 3x or 4x. The system is completely rigged and America is over.

by Anonymousreply 193August 9, 2020 3:51 PM

Let's be honest. In an election year, the Democrats acted like assholes. They tried to pack this stimulus bill with every cock-a-mamie idea they could think of. Do they want to win the election or not? When the unemployed saw their $600 being cut off, the Democrats shouldn't be trying to add vote-by-mail initiatives to a stimulus package. Democrats deserve to lose.

by Anonymousreply 194August 9, 2020 3:54 PM

You aren't even trying, are you, r194?

by Anonymousreply 195August 9, 2020 3:58 PM

Fuck off r194.

by Anonymousreply 196August 9, 2020 4:04 PM

This is not going to help. First, the coronavirus cases and deaths are not going away. Second, read the fine print. The payroll tax and student loan are only deferrals and will have to be paid back by workers, companies, and students if they even see the deferrals. The unemployment is funded by cash-strapped states and is funded by raiding the federal disaster fund. The eviction ban is just a suggestions

Americans are dumb, but not quite this dumb.

by Anonymousreply 197August 9, 2020 4:09 PM

r194 You've got to be trolling. Remember the Republicans' plan included billions for a new FBI headquarters, among other totally unrelated pork. This was after ignoring the Democrats' plan that they passed in May, for months, and not starting any negotiations until the week the bonuses were to expire. The Democrats are not to blame for this, and it's totally disingenuous to pretend otherwise. But, you know that.

by Anonymousreply 198August 9, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote] The unemployment is funded by cash-strapped states and is funded by raiding the federal disaster fund.

Is anyone else worried about this when they just came out this week predicting one of the worst hurricane seasons ever?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 9, 2020 4:30 PM

The group Americans for Fair Tax compared the Democratic Party plan and The Republican Senate plan. Tell me again how both sides are the same?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 9, 2020 4:30 PM

r199 he's pulling money from FEMA because he knows Congress will authorize more to it. Basically, all the President has to do, apparently, is pull money from necessary programs to fund whatever his pet project is, and Congress will have to backfill it when it comes up short.

by Anonymousreply 201August 9, 2020 4:34 PM

The whole point of a payroll tax holiday is to gut SS and Medicare funds and killing these programs earlier, which has always been a Republican dream.

Trump is trying to force the issue under the guise of it helping during the pandemic. But, the problem isn’t people who have jobs; the problem is the unemployed, whom a payroll tax holiday won’t help at all.

by Anonymousreply 202August 9, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote]You prove with name calling that you don't have a strong argument to support the feckless Dems.

Oh, it's you, the ignoramus who pretends that ignoramuses should not be called ignoramuses because ... reasons.

That you are an ignoramus you continue to make clear with your every post. I've posted multiple posts above demonstrating that the President's orders accomplished exactly nothing and showing that the Democrats have been ready to negotiate since May. Your only response is to double down on the ignorance.

[quote]The Democrats are sleazy politicians just like the Republicans.

I rest my case.

[quote]WOW I didn't call you any insulting names like you did, which reflects you more than someone you don't know at all by the way.

The reason you didn't is that, unlike you, I'm not an ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 203August 9, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]What R100 is saying is, Trump is lying, it is a delaying tactic that will buy him some time until he comes up with another lie even bigger than the last that his followers will continue to swallow.

I suspect that this is not going to end well with Trump. His supporters are all over the place trying to pretend that he got something done, that once again he's showing just how "strong" he is, etc.

Meanwhile, the media reports are, at best, mixed, with some doing the usual "shape of earth: view differ" style of reporting and others pointing out that Trump didn't actually do anything.

Where it will get interesting is a month from now, when people still don't have their expanded unemployment benefits, evictions continue to take place, and most companies will have chosen to ignore the so-called payroll tax holiday.

It's kind of hard to pretend that Trump accomplished anything when a month later, nothing actually got accomplished. Yeah, he'll try to blame it on state governors and yeah, his supporters will swallow it. But will anyone else? I really doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 204August 9, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote]The group Americans for Fair Tax compared the Democratic Party plan and The Republican Senate plan. Tell me again how both sides are the same?

It's even worse than that, R200. House Democrats actually managed to pass their plan. McConnell, so far, can't and isn't even trying, with as many as 20 people in his caucus, by McConnell's own admission, believing that no additional relief is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 205August 9, 2020 5:04 PM

I'm sure it is state by state, but how long does it take to evict someone? Years ago a friend was a property manager and it seemed to go pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 206August 9, 2020 5:09 PM

You all are idiots. The point is not to actually have them hold up, the point is to get your point across and if they get slapped down, you win because "you tried." If they hold up, "you win," because you were able to accomplish something, while your opponent hides in a basement.

You've all been played. Remember it's easier to be a fool, than convince a fool he's been fooled.

by Anonymousreply 207August 9, 2020 5:12 PM

R207: No, we have not been played. We all see it for it is. Cut the crap.

by Anonymousreply 208August 9, 2020 5:13 PM

Trumpers explaining how New Zealand has gone 100 days without a single transmission is hilarious.

"It's an island. With two airports!"

How did there get to be so many people in this country who are so fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 209August 9, 2020 5:21 PM

New York governor calls Trump's executive actions "laughable"

From CNN's Sheena Jones

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called President Trump’s executive actions laughable during the state’s daily Covid-19 call.

These remarks were made after President Trump signed several executive actions, including one that would require states to pay 25% of enhanced unemployment benefits.

“Executive orders will not be a substitute for legislation,” the governor said. “You can’t now say to states who have no funding you have to pay 25% of the unemployment insurance cause."

Cuomo went on to say, “there is no funding for schools that are now trying to reopen and according to the white house they want them to reopen, so they need legislation. It’s the only way to do it,” the governor said.

“When you are in a hole, stop digging, “ Cuomo said

by Anonymousreply 210August 9, 2020 5:37 PM

US Treasury Secretary says Democrats must make the next move on stimulus talks

From CNN's Sarah Westwood, Nicky Robertson and Alison Main

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin told CNN that Democrats will need to be the ones to make the next move if stimulus talks between the administration and congressional Democrats are to restart. He said Democratic leaders need to accept a lower amount of assistance for state and local governments.

“Anytime they have another offer to make, they can either call me or I’ll go up and see them,” Mnuchin said. “But they have to compromise.”

“I think we’ve been very clear that they need to come back with a compromise on the state and local from their trillion dollars, and the unemployment benefits, and if so we’ll respond. I think the majority of the other issues, we’ve reached a compromise on,” Mnuchin added at the White House on Sunday.

In an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Mnuchin said that although governors are asking for money, they do not need $1 trillion.

“I’ve also spoke to many governors over the last few days. We offered more money for the states. They still have $150 billion from last time. Most of them haven’t even used half of the money,” Mnuchin said, “The governors are saying we need more money for education. We need help, and the President said, we’ll give it to you. But not a trillion dollars.”

by Anonymousreply 211August 9, 2020 5:39 PM

Trump wants to get re-elected. He is doing things to help himself. If my kids student loans payments are deferred then I tell him he got lucky. BOTH parties need to chop off the extremes and make a new party to appeal to moderates from both sides. Only then will change happen in America.

by Anonymousreply 212August 9, 2020 5:58 PM

What exactly is the extreme in the Dem Party?

by Anonymousreply 213August 9, 2020 6:03 PM

R213. AOC, Bernie they are more extreme than Biden, Obama. Both parties have extremes.

by Anonymousreply 214August 9, 2020 6:43 PM

When the whole country is your very own Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino . . .

by Anonymousreply 215August 9, 2020 6:46 PM

The Republican Party is the extreme. There is no chopping off the extremes. It's a Trump Cult, but even before that it was just wingnuts and religious fanatics and neoNazis and libertarian bullshit artists, none of which give a flying fuck about actually governing the country or making the lives of the average American better in any way, shape, or form. There is no Moderate Republican. Just a few concern trolls who eventually vote for everything the wingnuts want.

by Anonymousreply 216August 9, 2020 7:36 PM

And I love the idea that this has anything to do with AOC or Bernie or any scary, scary progressives. The extremist Mark Meadows blew up negotiations in service of the Trump Cult, so that Trump could have his little playacting that he gives fuck one about this or any other crisis. And in November, when everything is still shit because no Republican gives a damn about governing, it is the Republican Party, the party in power, that will pay the price.

by Anonymousreply 217August 9, 2020 7:44 PM

Cut off the extremes in both parties and you have a movement! No more angry tails wagging the dogs.

by Anonymousreply 218August 9, 2020 8:39 PM

Cool, let's start by cutting off the extremes in the Republican Party: the Freedom Caucus, the Trump Cult members, the Evangelical fanatics, the racists and bigots, the QAnon loons (one of whom is about to become a Republican Representative. Go ahead, cut off that very long tail and see how much dog is left, if any.

by Anonymousreply 219August 9, 2020 8:53 PM

A lot of good a payroll tax cut does when there are 30M people unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 220August 9, 2020 8:56 PM

"Social Security" is the #1 trending topic on Twitter. They are hammering Trump hard for defunding SS and Medicare. Word is definitely out there what his executive orders are really trying to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 9, 2020 9:10 PM

The "extreme" side of the Democratic party are still good people. The main body of the Republicans are full on fascists, and only get worse as you move toward the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 222August 9, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote] US Treasury Secretary says Democrats must make the next move on stimulus talks

US Treasury Secretary says Democrats must give in to Republican demands.

by Anonymousreply 223August 9, 2020 9:15 PM

I’m going to sign an executive order reopening all public schools and mandating hymen checks for every girl upon entrance.

I’ll also sign one mandating that Esmeralda get back to work immediately! I’ve had enough of this silly quarantine. I’ve got laundry piled up to the ceiling at all my houses!

by Anonymousreply 224August 9, 2020 9:30 PM

I think the Republicans are stalling so Trump can sign useless orders and look good. Meanwhile people suffer and die. It is vile.

But when people expecting net sums and still get taxed this will blow up in their face.

by Anonymousreply 225August 9, 2020 9:34 PM

REpublicans to the public:

[bold] Surrender Dorothy [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 226August 9, 2020 10:00 PM

REpublicans to the public:

[bold] Surrender Dorothy [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 227August 9, 2020 10:00 PM

The stock market is doing well because it is pumped full of cheap money. If you have cash, it is the only place you can earn any interest. If there is huge inflation, in a few years, it is the only place where your money can hold its value. Real estate used to be another place but property taxes are high in many places and they’ll have to go higher to make up for shortfalls in revenue. So owning investment property isn’t great anymore.

But damn, people do vote against their interests because they are uneducated and Trump’s bigotry appeals to them.

The country is in big trouble. We were crazy in debt before the pandemic and not because we invested in things like education and infrastructure.

The Rethugs have looted the treasury for themselves and their friends. And they are benefiting from the volatility in the market. They know when the jackass will do something or say something and they trade accordingly.

But I do believe Biden can win and win big if we can protect the integrity of our elections.

by Anonymousreply 228August 9, 2020 10:02 PM

r218 is still trying the "both sides" argument. The Republican extreme is now the average Republican. The Democratic extreme would have to be the entire party to match the Republicans, so no, "cutting off the extremes on both sides" is not a solution. They are not equal. The Republicans have spent the past 25 years pushing any moderates out of their party. Obama governed like a centrist. Biden needs to be pushed to the left and seems to have been.

by Anonymousreply 229August 9, 2020 10:38 PM

Biden has been pushed to the left? How so?

by Anonymousreply 230August 9, 2020 10:39 PM

There are extremes in both parties. The nation would be better off without them on both sides, more would get done. Defund the police on the far left is a good starting point and keep going from there.

by Anonymousreply 231August 9, 2020 10:43 PM

Yup r229. It's what every mother fucker does every time the Republican Party is revealed once again as a party of sociopaths, incompetents, whores, and grifters. Suddenly it's once again time to talk about Both Parties and their Extremes.

by Anonymousreply 232August 9, 2020 10:43 PM

R226: The public to the Republicans:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 9, 2020 10:44 PM

It would be even better if the entire Republican Party disbanded and the entire argument was held between Centrist Democrats and Progressive Democrats. Republicans have nothing to offer to the national conversation anymore.

by Anonymousreply 234August 9, 2020 10:45 PM

Just assuming you are not mouthing brain dead platitudes and actually want solutions, r231, what are the extremes in the Republican Party. Who should go on that side?

by Anonymousreply 235August 9, 2020 10:46 PM

What's the point of giving R235 an answer? She must be part of the far left wing that is soon to be cut back down after Biden wins. Biden and Obama don't give too much thought to their far out there liberal views, nor does Nancy Pelosi. God knows what she thought of AOC when she said that people who choose not to work should be provided a good life from the taxpayers who do work. I do not pretend to be a Republican Party adviser, don't care enough about them. I am worried about the far left end of the Dem party and how they are out of touch with most of America.

by Anonymousreply 236August 9, 2020 10:51 PM

So the answer of who is extreme in the Republican Party is ... AOC!!! Great, got it, you're a clown and a fool. Thanks for sharing your stupid thoughts on behalf of your stupid party and its stupid leader. Be Pest.

by Anonymousreply 237August 9, 2020 10:53 PM

R237 name calls after defeat, sad.

by Anonymousreply 238August 9, 2020 10:55 PM

Yeah it's what every Republican means when they say extremes on both sides have to go: Progressive Democrats have to sit down and shut up while we keep our coalition of Neo Nazis, Evangelical Fanatics, Greedy Rich Fucks, and lunatic conspiracy theorists. Never, ever do we get to that point where any Republican extremist actually has to sit down and shut up. Never. It's not even a consideration.

by Anonymousreply 239August 9, 2020 10:58 PM

In the interview he seems to have the same lack of affect as DL Icon Chris Watts did in his initial media coverage.

by Anonymousreply 240August 9, 2020 11:01 PM

R237 is right, R236 answered the question with a total non-answer. That's such a typical right-wing tactic.

by Anonymousreply 241August 9, 2020 11:19 PM

[quote]AOC, Bernie they are more extreme than Biden, Obama. Both parties have extremes.

I truly hope AOC's political career is a short one. I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 242August 9, 2020 11:34 PM

I truly hope every single Republican loses every single office in November. Oh well, we can all dream.

by Anonymousreply 243August 10, 2020 12:05 AM

I'm hoping for a blue Texas in November and the swift death of the Republican party shortly thereafter. I've been saying for years that Texas would turn blue one day, but this would be sooner than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 244August 10, 2020 12:22 AM

Same for Arizona R244.

by Anonymousreply 245August 10, 2020 12:27 AM

I remember there was a brief time during Obama/McCain, I think, where it looked like AZ might be in play. Hopefully it's turning a steady blue.

by Anonymousreply 246August 10, 2020 12:30 AM

Looks like Mark Kelly will beat McSally R246. That woman is nuts with crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 247August 10, 2020 12:32 AM

For once, this trick is not fooling anyone.

All the people who used to have benefits is that now it’s $300 instead of $600.

And the $1200 magically disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 248August 10, 2020 12:53 AM

Apparently if the states can't come up with the extra $100/week they won't get the $300 R248.

by Anonymousreply 249August 10, 2020 12:54 AM

R214, Sanders was and is not a Democrat. He's a self-proclaimed Democratic Socialist who identified as an independent his entire political life and when he decided to run for president twice, he called himself a Democrat. He's no more a Democrat than dump is a Republican. They're both self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 250August 10, 2020 1:10 AM

*Sanders was NOT and is not a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 251August 10, 2020 1:11 AM

R244, Texas will not turn blue. MSNBC is, infuriatingly, setting people up for a colossal failure in most recently predicting Texas (most laughably of all), Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are now blue. Bullshit. Maybe one of those states will be blue this time--Ohio would be my guess. Florida doubtful but maybe. Texas and North Carolina? Not on your life.

by Anonymousreply 252August 10, 2020 1:17 AM

I will amend that and say maybe North Carolina. But for MSNBC to say those states are categorically blue is deeply misleading.

by Anonymousreply 253August 10, 2020 1:24 AM

Just another con from the King of Cons.

by Anonymousreply 254August 10, 2020 1:27 AM

R262 I did say hoping for a blue Texas, not really expecting this election, but a blue Texas is inevitable.

As far as NC goes Obama won it once, and I don't think it's out of reach at all. The polls are definitely in Biden's favor right now.

Also, I'm not sure why you brought up MSNBC in paticular. Lots of news organizations are calling Texas a toss-up and NC for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 255August 10, 2020 1:31 AM

Sorry, meant 252 not 262.

by Anonymousreply 256August 10, 2020 1:33 AM

OP here. I'm going to get dragged to hell and back, but if Trump is re-elected, I'm going to look at the silver lining and take solace in the fact of this insane stock market and get some profits out of it at least. A permanent payroll tax cancellation for people making less than $100,000 is also admittedly nice.

Trump is a horrible "human being" , terrible for the spirit, soul, integrity, and morale of this morally never-great nation. He makes us look bad to the aliens in outer space. But for selfish reasons or not, Trump has done some good things too. He only cut UI to 400 a week instead of the 100 McConnell and Co called for in that shitty bill, and the gobs of money Americans will save by not paying payroll tax will make a real difference in people's lives.

Sometimes, I think it's easy to get caught up in the Cult of Hate when it comes to Trump that we can't just see him for what he is and see how we can profit from this financially and intellectually.

TIP - buy Apple stock when it splits on August 31. The price will be dropping from $450 to around 100 as every share outstanding becomes four. Chance to buy Apple cheap before it skyrockets again in a year or so, given Apple is the first company to hit $2 trillion in value and all.

by Anonymousreply 257August 10, 2020 6:45 AM

Every Friday morning since March there's been a 3-block-long line in my neighborhood of people waiting for the local food bank to open.

I'll be sure to pass that stock tip on to them, R257.

Christ, when did Steve Mnuchin start posting to dl?

by Anonymousreply 258August 10, 2020 6:56 AM

Trump doesn't seem to understand that killing Social Security and Medicare is the nuclear option in politics. In other words, he is further distancing himself (apart from his cultist base) from anyone who belongs to the voting block that needs SS and Medicare to survive. That means seniors especially. It is plainly a non-starter. But more than that, it's nuts and exactly what we have come to expect from a shit-for-brains POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 259August 10, 2020 7:09 AM

R258, I'm just saying, don't let a good opportunity to make some money pass. We complain and complain about income inequality, but a lot of poor working class people, including myself, just got a $10,000 windfall. With the insanity of the stock market this year, one could earn 3 times that in a year if they invested it properly. Better use of the money than buying drugs or alcohol or cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 260August 10, 2020 7:19 AM

I’m so convinced that you are poor working class, r260. Since you are most definitely underprivileged, here’s a few clues. You will be liable for re-paying that $10,000 - which is more than the maximum annual payroll tax for an individual. I’m absolutely sure you are not thinking of the employer’s share, since you are poor working class and avoid drugs and alcohol and cigarettes.

Another tip is that the poor working class can already buy partial Apple stocks through Stash and similar services. Since you are truly poor working class, maybe you don’t understand that a stock split does nothing real for valuation. Thanks for speaking up for the worker!

by Anonymousreply 261August 10, 2020 10:02 AM

R257 is incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 262August 10, 2020 10:18 AM

This is the four horsemen...

by Anonymousreply 263August 10, 2020 11:26 AM

Then you have things like this......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 10, 2020 11:45 AM

Or this......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 10, 2020 11:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 10, 2020 11:47 AM

R257 is looking to benefit from Trump intellectually. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 267August 10, 2020 12:04 PM

The payroll tax deferrment might mean you have to pay it all at the end of the year!!!!! Yikes, awful, I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 268August 10, 2020 12:28 PM

The $1200 appears to be nixed from the EOs.

That was sneaky.

by Anonymousreply 269August 10, 2020 12:32 PM

Even the Orange Idiot and or his handlers realized they may go too far.

No POTUS has authority to order treasury to distribute money that doesn't exist. Rest of DT's funny EOs moved things around (mostly funding from FEMA IIRC), but hundreds of billions for stimulus payments is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 270August 10, 2020 12:56 PM

And still no $1200. What a rip-off

by Anonymousreply 271August 10, 2020 1:01 PM

What with dire predictions for the upcoming hurricane season, is it wise to take funds from FEMA to distribute elsewhere?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was: Trump Dystopia.

by Anonymousreply 272August 10, 2020 1:19 PM

It sounds like Pelosi and Schumer are going to call the GOP’s bluff and let them run with it. Everyone will be well aware there was no stimulus from Trump or the GOP just in time for the election. Let them explain it to the American people.

I predict by the end of the week, McConnell will begging to resume negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 273August 10, 2020 1:31 PM

Nancy did everything she could do. She is not a dictator.

The rethugs have 2.5 branches of the 3 branches of government

This is completely on them.

by Anonymousreply 274August 10, 2020 1:40 PM

R255, I mention MSNBC because a few days ago our own gay Steve Kornacki stood in front of his "big board" of a map of the U.S. and it showed Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Arizona, Nevada--all deep blue. And Texas was gray. This was based on polls. I thought it was incredibly misleading to suggest all those states as decidedly blue 90 days before the election. They're not blue states--they're slightly leading toward Biden at the moment, according to some polls. That means little to me. Remember 2016?

by Anonymousreply 275August 10, 2020 1:46 PM

265: Fox Nazi News lying as usual. Pelosi and Schumer BLOCKING a bill. Just complete divorce from all empirical reality....

by Anonymousreply 276August 10, 2020 1:50 PM

What about all the other years that polls were right.

I also assume they curve for the hacking and manipulation that happened in 2016.

Were the polls right in 2018? I believe so.

by Anonymousreply 277August 10, 2020 1:50 PM

Well, they sure weren't right in 2016, which had far greater consequences.

MSNBC is giving its audience what ir wants to hear. Why assume they curve for the hacking and manipulation?

I would love to be wrong, but I don't see all those states turning blue.

by Anonymousreply 278August 10, 2020 1:53 PM

The polls were right in 2016. The electoral college allowed close wins in 3 states to make the Orange Afterbirth President. Cut the crap with the "polls were wrong". It's 4 years old and tired and worn out. Get some new material.

by Anonymousreply 279August 10, 2020 1:59 PM

They told us Clinton would win. She didn't. Fuck you and your "Get some new material," R279. I'm not going to be set up again.

Complacency is stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 280August 10, 2020 2:02 PM

What about the polls in 2018?

Were they correct?

by Anonymousreply 281August 10, 2020 2:04 PM

So what? It was great to see Democrats take the House. But that's all it was. This is far more crucial. I'm pointing out that MSNBC paints a very rosy picture that I think is misleading.

by Anonymousreply 282August 10, 2020 2:07 PM

Doesn’t anyone know if the polls were accurate in 2018?

by Anonymousreply 283August 10, 2020 2:09 PM

I would also add that MSNBC showed poll results that were something like 48% Biden, 42% Dump. With a 5-percent margin for error, I didn't find those stats comforting. Certainly not enough to say this or that state is decidedly blue.

by Anonymousreply 284August 10, 2020 2:09 PM

r42, how? Nothing is coming into anyone's unemployment check.

by Anonymousreply 285August 10, 2020 2:13 PM

R280: Wow, you need your mouth washed out and your bare ass spanked red to teach you some manners.

As to your disgraceful contentions: No, you uppity little bitch. The polls correctly predicted the two party popular vote. That you are too stupid to understand that tells me all I need to know about you. It's obvious you're a troll who is trying to demoralize us, with your MSNBC whining and the polls were wrong and boo hoo we are LOST. Why don't you answer the question from the other poster, where the polls right in 2018 or not? You won't though, you troll coward.

by Anonymousreply 286August 10, 2020 2:13 PM

R286, you're a stupid gash. I repeat: fuck you.

It's because it was so traumatizing that fucking Dump won in 2016 that I'm determined to not blithely believe in polls.

Here's MSNBC as of last week. Does anyone really believe those numbers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 10, 2020 2:17 PM

R287: How's the weather in London? Nobody in America uses the term "gash". And yes, we ALL believe those numbers. Because that's what polling currently SAYS. DUMBASS! They are not saying that is set in stone, it is a snapshot based on polling RIGHT NOW! That this has to explained to, gash boy, means you're either totally stupid or a completely disingenuous troll. Either option reflect very badly on you.

Until you can understand polling and coverage of elections, I must ask you now to sit the hell down, shut the hell up, and stop wasting this thread's time.

by Anonymousreply 288August 10, 2020 2:22 PM

I do think there are going to be Republicans who while publicly towing the party line right now, will vote for Biden when all is said and done. They just will never admit it publicly. Especially those who reside in red state areas.

by Anonymousreply 289August 10, 2020 2:23 PM

Boy you're stupid and gullible, R288, but you sure have enough idiot confidence in your stupidity.

I'm so glad you believe wholeheartedly in polls. I don't. I sure dob't believe Florida is solid blue when that mask shows that not even most of New England is solid blue.

I think Biden will win. I sure as fuck hope so. But I do not believe that current projection.

Sorry, gash.

by Anonymousreply 290August 10, 2020 2:29 PM

*I sure don't believe Florida is solid blue when that map shows

by Anonymousreply 291August 10, 2020 2:30 PM

R290/R291: So you're a dumbass who doesn't understand how to read polls and projections and how it's not a guarantee. And like a typical dumbass, you blame the TV box for your inability to understand what's going on. Got it. As far as your unhealthy obsession with vaginas, I can't help you there.

by Anonymousreply 292August 10, 2020 2:34 PM

You're not even THE gash of DL, R292. Don't flatter yourself. You're A gash.

Read polls and projections? All it takes is eyes. That's saying Biden will get 334 electoral votes and Dump 125. Even if you throw all the tossup states Dump's way, that's just above 200 for him.

Yeah, maybe. We'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up. You can all you want, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 293August 10, 2020 2:39 PM

You can’t talk sense to people like R293. All he knows is that “the polls were wrong” and he won’t hear anything else. He’s lapsed too far into hysteria to be reasoned with.

by Anonymousreply 294August 10, 2020 2:55 PM

R294: It is something. Even with his sad final post to me, he still does not understand how projections and polling works. Just a sad little freak troll. Thank you, fellow DL gash. Have a nice day!

by Anonymousreply 295August 10, 2020 3:17 PM

OP's "worry" re: payroll tax is for real, I thought that was the reason all sitting presidents gift taxpayers with kickbacks, rebates stimulus checks during an election year. At least every one I can remember. Even if it's a democrat whose avowed purpose was to reduce the Debt, hey presto! there's enough in the kitty 3 1/2 years later to send everyone a check, their cut of the sudden magical "surplus".

by Anonymousreply 296August 10, 2020 3:28 PM

R294, I didn't say the polls were wrong. Nowhere did I say that.

R294, what I'm saying is this: I don't trust the people in a few of those states to do the right thing in 80+ days. Look at the way they're handling the coronavirus. They're stupid, that's what I'm saying. I understand exactly what the polls are saying: they're giving a slim majority to Biden. Fantastic. Great. And I'll believe it when I see it. That's not hysteria. That's pragmatism.

And fuck you, R295, you stupid gash.

Bye girls.

by Anonymousreply 297August 10, 2020 3:34 PM

And, begging your gentles pardons, the two lads upthread having a spat about polls and projections, I wish we would all stop arguing about such ephemerals. Polls and projections have no substance. Who are "likely voters'? Shouldnt polls attempt to tease out "unlikely voters"? Wouldn't they be the real driving force behind any victory in a tight race? Y'know, those that hadn't made up their mind, and would not jump either way until the day of the race...y'know, like when Comey reopened the investigation of Hill's emails, and later, after the damage was done, closed it...Those people who voted for idiot Trump and his moronic tweets, over smart Hillary and her interesting emails...

by Anonymousreply 298August 10, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote] Y'know, those that hadn't made up their mind, and would not jump either way until the day of the race

Well, exactly, R298. What I'm saying about not trusting stupid people to do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 299August 10, 2020 3:38 PM

The problem with the projections is some people become complacent and think well so and so is going to win so why bother voting. People need to get off their asses and vote as if it is a tight race and their vote will make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 300August 10, 2020 3:43 PM

Amen to r300

by Anonymousreply 301August 10, 2020 3:52 PM

R267, if you don't see how the people can grow intellectually from the Trump years, then I don't know what to tell you. This era is changing us all in ways and even exposing new things about the human condition.

by Anonymousreply 302August 10, 2020 5:49 PM

R261, a stock split does change the valuation of company, take Econ 101 before you talk. They are literally splitting the shares 1 to 4, so the market capitalization will increase.

And I highly doubt we're going to be responsible for repaying the entire $10,000, the hyperbole! Even with increased taxes post pandemic, they won't be going that high! Again, take Economics 101. You forget that Trump has at most 4 more years of the Presidency at which point his policies will be probably completely overturned by a Democratic President. Still, 4 years with no payroll tax would be pretty sweet and lead to a lot of wealth creation in America, I don't see how it makes me Steve Mnuchin for wanting to make a little money for once in my life, and for wanting other Americans to do better.

by Anonymousreply 303August 10, 2020 5:57 PM

R262, but I'm not though. And you most definitely have Trump Derangement Syndrome. You hate Trump so much, probably because he reminds you of a high school bully or something, that you can't see he's just a fat rich degenerate whose only real interest is in making himself richer. I'm just saying that us common people can benefit from this, especially the big windfall we're getting from pandemic unemployment, stimulus checks, and other safety net benefits. The stock market is absolutely insane right now and Bitcoin is up, I mean, come on.

by Anonymousreply 304August 10, 2020 6:01 PM

I'm convinced now OP is a Dump troll.

by Anonymousreply 305August 10, 2020 6:09 PM

R303, you are a fucking idiot. The valuation of a stock is the number of shares times the price. If Apple splits 1000 shares at $400 into 4000 shares at $100, guess what? Valuation is still the same. Common person, my ass. You still haven’t explained how a payroll tax holiday for 3 months would yield $10,000.

by Anonymousreply 306August 10, 2020 6:24 PM

R306, you moron! Apple is a $2 TRILLION company!!! You really don't think the share price will be right back at $400 or even $500 in a year or two? Basic maths (as the British would say), and you SUCK AT IT!

by Anonymousreply 307August 10, 2020 6:30 PM

R306, I was referring to pandemic unemployment about the $10,000. Many unemployed Americans have received about that between March and July 31, thanks to the extra $600 a week.

by Anonymousreply 308August 10, 2020 6:32 PM

OP is a stupid troll.

The Monday headlines have all be about social security risks, Congress having the role of deciding tax policy and the fact that the $1200 is not there.

This didn’t get anyone any votes, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 309August 10, 2020 6:33 PM

R307, you don’t under basic maths at all. X=shares. Y=price. Z=increased share price. No split value is (X times Y) + Z times (X times Y). Split value is (4X times Y/4) + Z times (4X times Y/4).

(4X times Y/4) reduces to 4XY/4, which is? X times Y.

Ergo, you are a fucking idiot. QED.

by Anonymousreply 310August 10, 2020 6:40 PM

R310, even if that wonky looking algebra is right, my reasoning is > than yours, heaux. Have a stadium full of seats you desperate cow.

by Anonymousreply 311August 10, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote]I'm just saying that us common people can benefit from this, especially the big windfall we're getting from pandemic unemployment, stimulus checks, and other safety net benefits.

I think you just validated the "incredibly stupid" assertion.

by Anonymousreply 312August 10, 2020 10:32 PM

Trump does something, shitstorm happens. Color me surprised.

by Anonymousreply 313August 10, 2020 10:35 PM

[quote]The payroll tax deferrment [sic] might mean you have to pay it all at the end of the year!!!!! Yikes, awful, I hope not.

It's not "might." It's yes, you will have to pay it all at the end of the year. Trump doesn't have the authority to cut those taxes; it's not even clear he has the authority to defer them.

by Anonymousreply 314August 10, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote]OP here. I'm going to get dragged to hell and back, but if Trump is re-elected, I'm going to look at the silver lining and take solace in the fact of this insane stock market and get some profits out of it at least.

Yeah, you're going to get dragged, for the stupidity of remarks like this and for the stupidity of assuming that the stock market will continue to rise as everything else in the economy goes south.

[quote]A permanent payroll tax cancellation for people making less than $100,000 is also admittedly nice.

Trump can't authorize that on his own and cannot get it through Congress, not to mention the damage it would do to Social Security and Medicare. So yes, you're going to get dragged and for damn good reason.

by Anonymousreply 315August 10, 2020 10:39 PM

R308. You make it seem like they have 10 grand in their bank account. You know they have to pay taxes on their unemployment check and eat and also pay their bills.

by Anonymousreply 316August 10, 2020 10:54 PM

Not to mention that if they're receiving the unemployment check, it's because they're actually unemployed. What R308 is assuming is that the $600 a week is just total surplus, well beyond what they were making before.

He's not taking into consideration that state unemployment benefits, as a rule, are far from generous, and that some or all of that $600 is going into making up the difference their regular unemployment check and their regular work check.

Not to mention that if you're in that income bracket, you're constantly struggling for money, putting off purchases and living hand-to-mouth. The majority of the recipients of that benefit spent it, and for damn good reason.

by Anonymousreply 317August 10, 2020 11:03 PM

I work and prefer to not have my payroll tax deferred. Absurd.

by Anonymousreply 318August 11, 2020 12:17 AM

I live in NYC and the minimum wage is 15 bucks an hour. So someone getting 300 dollars from the state unemployment in top of the 600 is not struggling per se in comparison to someone making 25 dollar an hour. It doesn't mean they have 10 grand in their bank account. They have to pay taxes, eat and pay their bills. They might be able to save a little more money than those making way more than the minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 319August 11, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote] The problem with the projections is some people become complacent and think well so and so is going to win so why bother voting.

I don’t know why DL is so obsessed with this argument. I can’t imagine this happens very often and it certainly doesn’t apply to anyone posting here. I’ve never seen anyone here suggest that they’re not planning to vote because the polls look good.

Have you ever considered that your Eeyore routine might be the thing that causes people to not bother voting?

by Anonymousreply 320August 11, 2020 12:46 AM

There is a world beyond DL R320. You might try to see it instead of opining on who is a closet case when there is no indication they are gay.

by Anonymousreply 321August 11, 2020 12:50 AM

Not sure how this works but my friend turned down 3 jobs, $17, $18, and $22 an hour because he was getting more to stay home and go to the gym and day trip to the local beach. Now that the money is gone is he scrambling to find work and would take the $17 job in a heartbeat he told me. He was making more staying home and he enjoyed the time. I worked everyday and would love to have a few months off with good monetary support coming in.

by Anonymousreply 322August 11, 2020 1:06 AM

Yeah, and that world is willing to crawl over broken glass to vote against Trump, R321.

by Anonymousreply 323August 11, 2020 1:23 AM

Uh-huh, right, R322. Based on your posting history, you're pretty blatantly lying.

Funny how you idiots all say the same stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 324August 11, 2020 1:24 AM

Other posts by R322:

[quote]I live in NYC and see how DeBlasio and his crony Democrats are destroying this once great city. Everything is wrong here now. I am not a Republican but I have lost faith in an all Democratic controlling party so if Trump wins again, it may be a wake up call to NYC to get its act together.

[quote]Nancy and Chuck can't negotiate their way out of a paper bag, nor can Mitch the Yurtle Turtle. They had a while to get something done. Glad someone is getting it done. NO I AM NOT A TROLL.

[quote]R156 I live in NYC. It is an overpriced crime infested disgustingly dirty city. It wasn't always this way. The noticeable decay started about 3 years ago with DeBlasio's awful policies starting to hold. Calling me stupid reflects you and it is sad you have nothing to offer in your defense of these tax and spend liberals who now run this corrupt city. I feel you won't ever be able to present your point of view without name calling so your opinions matter not to me. Good luck in your utopia, the rest of us know the truth. Enjoy your latte while the city burns to the ground.

[quote]What's the point of giving R235 an answer? She must be part of the far left wing that is soon to be cut back down after Biden wins. Biden and Obama don't give too much thought to their far out there liberal views, nor does Nancy Pelosi. God knows what she thought of AOC when she said that people who choose not to work should be provided a good life from the taxpayers who do work. I do not pretend to be a Republican Party adviser, don't care enough about them. I am worried about the far left end of the Dem party and how they are out of touch with most of America.

[quote]Not sure if I believe this study. I know someone who has told me he will not work (he is in healthcare) because the unemployment with the $600 is pretty generous and why should he risk his life in the medical field when he can stay home and cook, ride his bike, watch Netflix and have some good sex. That is his assessment. He said he will go back to work (he has been called 2 times by recruiters and said no) if the benefits drop because he will need to.

[quote]People prefer staying home during covid. Makes sense to me. If you can get $600 extra on the unemployment most will stay home indefinitely. This is not going to re-start the economy, just bring more federal debt.

A rather obvious, not to mention quite genuinely stupid, troll. Oh, but wait ... that can't be true because he wrote "NO I AM NOT A TROLL." Okay, well, guess that settles that, then.

by Anonymousreply 325August 11, 2020 1:27 AM

R280

Nearly from the start all polls told DNC that Hillary Clinton had high "unlikable" numbers. This remained pretty consistent through her entire WH run and in large part was why democrats lost in 2016.

Many democrats knew it would be a job putting HRC over, but it was felt by party elite that she was owed especially after a nearly totally unknown, and quite new African American senator (Barack Obama) came out of no where and ate Hillary Clinton's lunch in 2008.

There were several other candidates who democrats could have put up that likely would have beat Trump (who no one took seriously until it was too late). But one by one deck was cleared for the anointing of Hillary Clinton as democrat nominee, with party believing if nothing else she would win by default, especially after GOP nominated DT.

Well turns out DNC should have listened to those polls about people not liking Hillary Clinton because many democrats simply didn't turn out to vote in key states. That cost HRC the election, and rest is history.... Oh and that "deplorables " comment did HRC no favors either.

When will democrat establishment get the message; people neither like nor trust the Clintons. When push comes to shove they'll take Bill Clinton, but his wife is seen as a scheming, conniving, self serving and high riding bitch.

by Anonymousreply 326August 11, 2020 1:53 AM

Try harder, r326.

by Anonymousreply 327August 11, 2020 2:21 AM

R325 I am so sorry that you have to battle such a strong mental health illness everyday and still have time to look up and publish my posts, either that or you are a true libtard. You make me laugh thinking that I get under your skin to this degree, you make me proud. Calling me a troll and stupid shows you have no point of view that is worth listening to. Your time is so well spent on earth.

by Anonymousreply 328August 11, 2020 2:33 AM

SO MANY CONCERN TROLLS HERE. We’re so fortunate they’re here to look out for our best interests.

/sarcasm

by Anonymousreply 329August 11, 2020 2:38 AM

And at least we aren’t talking about what’s being called the Friday Night Post Office Massacre.

So carry on voter concern troll, and poor working man concern troll, and poll concern troll (you even rhyme).

Live it up. The party ends in November.

by Anonymousreply 330August 11, 2020 2:43 AM

LOL @ R328. Oh, you poor thing. I'm sorry that it angers you so much to be called out for what you are.

by Anonymousreply 331August 11, 2020 7:28 PM

"Libtard," R328? Really? LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 332August 11, 2020 7:34 PM

r328 is the reason the word skank was invented.

by Anonymousreply 333August 11, 2020 8:51 PM

R316, $10,000 is still a major windfall. Seeing as there has been an eviction moratorium and now potentially a payroll tax cut, there's little reason not to be saving or investing a good chunk of it.

by Anonymousreply 334August 11, 2020 9:18 PM

Apparently Trump's recent "Executive Orders" amount to a big pile of diddly-squat.

by Anonymousreply 335August 12, 2020 2:03 AM

Trumpsters don't mind sacrificing their children for Trumpism.

by Anonymousreply 336August 12, 2020 2:09 AM

R334, you're still completely missing the point:

1. It's not $10,000. Your number assumes that the benefit went into force immediately. It didn't, as there were multiple weeks of delays as states tried to retool their systems.

2. You are assuming that unemployment benefits nationwide match prior salaries. They don't. In some states, that money falls way short of what the unemployed used to receive, which means that much of that "$10,000" went to making up the difference.

3. You are ignoring the loss of benefits when someone loses their job.

4. There is no eviction moratorium anymore. That expired and Trump's executive order didn't do shit.

5. And when the federal moratorium did exist, it didn't cover all renters.

6. Even if there is a moratorium, those people still owe the full amount of their rent. A moratorium says that they cannot be evicted but it doesn't pay the rent. The unemployed can't simply redirect the $10,000 to an investment and assume that their landlords will allow them to live rent-free.

7. There is no "payroll tax cut." All that Trump did, assuming that it goes into force and assuming that companies comply (they don't have to), the most that happens is that the payroll taxes are deferred for a few months. Everyone will still be on the hook for the full amount at the end of the year, as Trump cannot actually cut payroll taxes. That requires an act of Congress, which means that it will not happen, regardless of whether Trump is reelected or not.

8. Many, perhaps most, of the people receiving unemployment benefits are making little more than minimum wage. Those people are living hand-to-mouth, deferring needed purchases, car repairs, medical or dental work, etc. They do not have the luxury of reserving that entire "$10,000" for an investment.

9. And even if they could reserve "$10,000" for an investment, deferring paying their rent, their payroll taxes, etc., they have to invest it in an absolutely safe investment, since to do otherwise could ruin them, which means that by the end of the year, they would have accumulated the vast sum of somewhere between $50 and $75.

In short, you're still full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 337August 13, 2020 4:46 PM

R322, what jobs were those? Were they in his field? Where they jobs that put him vulnerable to the corona virus?

by Anonymousreply 338August 13, 2020 4:55 PM

R322, also what gym? For months the gym and beaches were closed. What state is this?

by Anonymousreply 339August 13, 2020 4:56 PM

Ten grand isn’t real money these days. That is like 5 months of rent.

by Anonymousreply 340August 13, 2020 4:59 PM

R331 I think the same of you, poor qween. May God have mercy on you.

by Anonymousreply 341August 13, 2020 7:43 PM

Cough

by Anonymousreply 342August 13, 2020 8:16 PM

Oh, She will, R341, She will. She doesn't have much good to say about such an obvious troll, though, particularly one that can't seem to rise above the kindergarten level.

Still, you are amusing, so there is that.

by Anonymousreply 343August 13, 2020 11:51 PM

R343 you have sadness in every word you write, very sweet of you to keep responding, but I hope one day you find a better way to exist. You also amuse me, so thanks for that too. I hope your better impulses come through, God Bless.

by Anonymousreply 344August 13, 2020 11:59 PM

LOL.... Oh, the projection.... And the copycat behavior. You poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 345August 14, 2020 12:15 AM

Yes you are sad and if you feel better insulting me, please know that you will one day find your way and get well. You are in prayers.

by Anonymousreply 346August 14, 2020 12:20 AM

Girls, take it outside.

by Anonymousreply 347August 14, 2020 12:22 AM

Oh, dear me, no, R346. I'm not "insulting" you. I'm simply telling the truth, as I have been throughout this entire thread. You simply didn't like hearing the truth, so you decided that you'd reach into your bag of tricks and haul out the kindergarten-level attacks.

That's what makes this so absolutely hilariously funny, the utter disconnect between what you said up-thread and what you're doing now.

Still waiting for you to acknowledge the substance of the posts that show that you why your assertions here were so utterly foolish, revealing that you are, in fact, what I and others have called you.

by Anonymousreply 348August 14, 2020 12:25 AM

R347, it's not like there's anything left to say on this thread, so I'm fine with having the troll continue throw his childish tantrums. It's hilarious to watch the "I know you are but what am I" antics.

We all know:

- that, contrary to our ignorant troll's assertion, that Trump's executive orders and memoranda didn't do shit, so no, Trump is not "getting it done."

- that the Democrats have been asking Republicans to negotiate since May.

- that the Democrats passed a bill in May that would provide immediate relief in all of the areas that need it.

- that McConnell can't even pass a bill and isn't part of the negotiations now.

- that almost half of Republican Senators don't even *want* to pass a bill and think it's totally unnecessary.

- that our childish troll's assertions about New York City don't even pass the giggle test, much less anything worth taking seriously, particularly with the hilarious assertion that "The noticeable decay started about 3 years ago."

by Anonymousreply 349August 14, 2020 12:33 AM

R348 How much time you spend on your replies here, my my how can Biden win if you aren't there to help him now? Calling me and others names shows you have issues with people you don't even know and how it bothers you, I do feel sad for you and hope you make a meaningful point now and again. You are tremendous indeed.

by Anonymousreply 350August 14, 2020 1:03 AM

R350, I'm so glad you're constantly thinking about my welfare, and delighted that you're not charging me rent for the space I'm occupying in your head.

I'm also delighted to report and you'll be equally delighted to hear that responding to you is a joy and that it takes less than a minute per post. I'm sure that the Biden campaign can spare the ten minutes or so that this thread has cost me.

And, dear, I know this is terribly difficult for you, but I'm not "calling you names." I'm simply reporting the truth, just as I've done in my every post on this thread. I don't have "issues" with you; I'm simply calling you what you undoubtedly are, and what you continue to prove to be with your every added post.

Oh, and dear, I've made any number of "meaningful points" in this thread, like r349, points that you continue to ignore since you have no answer for them. Since you cannot argue with the substance, all you have left is these childish games. If it weren't so hilarious, it would be rather pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 351August 14, 2020 1:10 AM

Alas, all good things must come to an end so despite the laughter you continue to provide, it's time to mosey on. Until the next time you decide to troll, R350.

And I'm quite sure there will be a next time, given your track record, and that the next time will be just as amusing as this.

by Anonymousreply 352August 14, 2020 1:13 AM

You must have found someone else to bloviate with. I hope you find something of purpose in life and don't continue to make attempts to belittle someone you don't know and will never meet. I will hope you find some form of happiness sometime soon. Good luck and remain amused at all turns.

by Anonymousreply 353August 14, 2020 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!