Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump inquired about adding himself to Mt. Rushmore

Such vision!

WASHINGTON — Since the first days after she was elected governor of South Dakota in 2018, Kristi Noem had been working to ensure that President Trump would come to Mount Rushmore for a fireworks-filled July 4 extravaganza.

After all, the president had told her in the Oval Office that he aspired to have his image etched on the monument. And last year, a White House aide reached out to the governor’s office with a question, according to a Republican official familiar with the conversation: What’s the process to add additional presidents to Mount Rushmore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 1:56 AM

She missed a golden opportunity.

"Well, the first thing is to nail the president in question to the cliff wall. Then we mix up 400 tons of cement..."

by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2020 4:25 PM

Every now and then, the first response to a post renders subsequent responses useless. Thanks, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2020 4:27 PM

Christ, there is something so seriously wrong with him. How does he get these dumbasses to worship him so?

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2020 4:29 PM

Let's fly this overhead in the meantime:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2020 4:33 PM

And last year, a White House aide reached out to the governor’s office with a question, according to a Republican official familiar with the conversation: What’s the process to add additional presidents to Mount Rushmore?

Answer: Tell Trump being DEAD is the first requirement.

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2020 4:35 PM

I volunteer to speed up the process, R5!

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2020 4:47 PM

Fortunately the cliff necessary is right on site, R6.

Conversely, we could also suggest he break into the Frank Lloyd Wright mansion a little to the left and help himself to cold cuts in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2020 4:51 PM

I always wanted to live in that house. I was crushed when I found out it didn't exist, beyond it's brief life as a film set.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2020 4:53 PM

Evidently it was cribbed from an actual unbuilt design and Wright considered suing. He died before he could mount a case, to Hitchcock's relief.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2020 4:55 PM

It would make more sense to for him to just stand still and name himself "Mount Trump".

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2020 5:02 PM

It would be the first time a head's been reduced in size to fit Mount Rushmore.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2020 5:23 PM

That shit would be torn down so fast Shitler's Twitter would crash.

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2020 6:27 PM

Do you want defaced statues like the Taliban Buddhas?

That's all this would accomplish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2020 6:29 PM

I don't think you can just add heads to sculptures, even if they're gigantic. It would be like painting him into "American Gothic" between the man with the pitchfork and the woman.

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2020 6:52 PM

Don't give him any ideas, R14

by Anonymousreply 15August 8, 2020 7:39 PM

Stone Mountain is available.

by Anonymousreply 16August 8, 2020 7:41 PM

“What’s the process to add additional presidents to Mount Rushmore?”

We’d have to find stone that’s high in iron for that orange tint. We fear, however, that someone will chisel the words “He was as dumb as this rock” under Trump’s carving.

by Anonymousreply 17August 8, 2020 7:56 PM

Of course he did. Piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 18August 8, 2020 8:00 PM

His delusion is truly monumental

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2020 4:45 PM

They should incorporate Trump’s face on the carbuncle on Lincoln’s forehead. Small enough to never be seen, while still serving a purpose.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2020 7:40 PM

R19 I see what you did there

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 7:45 PM

I'm sure that the attendees of the Sturgis rally would support him in this.

Mount Rushmore should be handed over to the Lakota so that they could wipe away its tacky and disrespectful carvings. It's nothing more than a scar on their sacred and beautiful territory.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2020 7:59 PM

The Lakota should go back where they came from!!

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2020 8:04 PM

lol, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2020 8:07 PM

Time to draft a petition for President Obama's likeness on Mt. Rushmore, then offer Orange It the space alongside Mr. Obama. Guess who loses interest.

"I was joking," scowled Donald.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2020 8:22 PM

The memes are out there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2020 9:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2020 9:15 PM

Trump is arrogant and delusional. He's very unpopular, has accomplished nothing and currently and hopefully only a one-term occupier of the White House.

What does he think is the criteria for a place on Mount Rushmore. He's been impeached, and he thinks he should be among Georg Washington and Abraham Lincoln? GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote]What does he think is the criteria for a place on Mount Rushmore.

R28 We just rape and pillage to get what we want.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2020 9:35 PM

I'd have been shocked had he not asked how to add his mug to Mt Rushmore. Bet he asked Mnuchin how to add his face to one of the US money bills.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2020 11:06 PM

Only in the wreckage of Air Force One scattered on Rushmore.

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2020 11:08 PM

Just paint Jefferson orange. Trump won’t know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2020 11:18 PM

Who's Jefferson?

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2020 11:57 PM

What is even worse than the fact that Dotard tRump wants to be on Mt. Rushmore, is the fact that plenty of tRumpturds agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 12:47 AM

Mt Flushmore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 1:42 AM

Trump is a billionaire sociopath. He can pay for it or get someone else to. I stopped caring what he does a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2020 2:47 AM

It's hard to believe someone is so self-centered he feels he can run over the legacies of other Presidents to get to that mountain. To have the gall to ask for it???

Last week, he said he was the president who did the most for black people, ever. We're talking Lincoln, we're talking LBJ. Why are people so easy to agree he belongs on Mount Rushmore?

I'll bet the four Presidents roll down the mountain so they won't be seen with him.

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2020 3:47 AM

Can you imagine being the person who had to make that call to make that inquiry, and had to actually speak about it in all seriousness? My god, just kill yourself. Really. You can’t fall any lower.

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2020 3:59 AM

Three months and this nightmare will be over. I take nothing for granted, and I know there is a chance he could be reelected. However, I remain cautiously optimistic that Trump will be defeated. This is a fucking disgrace that this lying, fraudulent cheating criminal leading a corrupt administration and political party is putting the country through catastrophe.

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2020 4:44 AM

[quote] Christ, there is something so seriously wrong with him. How does he get these dumbasses to worship him so?

You’ve answered your own question. What’s wrong with him is that he’s a narcissist/psychopath. One the primary traits is that people are easily dazzled and seduced by psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2020 4:50 AM

He's insane.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2020 4:50 AM

First requirement, the president must be dead. Your move, Mr. President.

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2020 4:52 AM

He’s really stupid in addition to being a run of the mill sociopathic narcissist. What kind of imbecile would even think to inquire about something so patently absurd?

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2020 5:03 AM

Just wait. He'll find a blameless mountain somewhere and buy it. Then hire kool-aid deplorables to carve a vast bad likeness of him. Then not pay them. Then charge other deplorables a fee to look at the carving. Then lose interest, because he's 'made his point.' It'll all be as huge a fiasco as 'Trump University.'

by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2020 6:27 AM

The July 1980 issue of "National Lampoon" magazine's cover photo is oddly prescient, and is subtitled 'Slime, Swill, and Politics.' All we'd need is a coupla' 5 gallon buckets of orange paint, and it's done.

Might one of my lovely fellow DLers locate the issue and post it for all to see and enjoy? Thanks so much, in advance.

by Anonymousreply 45August 10, 2020 8:28 AM

For R45

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 10, 2020 10:31 PM

About 30 years ago, Republicans chattered about adding Reagan's likeness to Mt. Rushmore. The rejoinder from liberals was that granite was not a dense enough material to properly represent Reagan. I think that still works.

by Anonymousreply 47August 10, 2020 11:12 PM

Add Trump as a hologram that alternates with Putin. That will bring in the tourists!

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 12:31 AM

trump is just trolling people. The thing with the Gettysburg address is pure trolling too. He's doing it to take the attention off of how badly he's handling Covid

Instead of reporting about this, the media should make a joke out of it. Like, "Here's the most clownish thing trump has done/said today". They should intimate that there's something wrong with him mentally for thinking these things

Trump wants to put his face on Mt Rushmore. Are they serving pot brownie's at the white house? How can he expect to be put next to such great presidents when he's such a failure. 1,000 Americans are dying a day. What's next? He'll have a statue of himself next to the Statue of Liberty and be grabbing her by the pussy. Then they can show a cartoon of it and then the host can laugh at him

That's how you troll a troll

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 1:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!