Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sick Bitch!

But if eating dogs are wrong, by Western standards, than so too should cows and pigs. There is no moral argument that consuming dog meat is any less cruel or “wrong”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 12:07 AM

Zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]There is no moral argument that consuming dog meat is any less cruel or “wrong”.

Yes, there is based on the differences in domestication, as well as the pleiotropy and the impact on phenotypic traits. Over the course of their domestication, dogs have been modified behaviorally and physically in a manner different from cows and pigs.

Your unhinged vegan crazy attempt at a false equivalence fails to take basic science into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2020 3:01 PM

OP, I am triggered by your use of a canine slur to refer to this human. You are not allowed to say "bitch", only WE are allowed to use that word.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2020 3:22 PM

OP = a Korean bitch bitching about not being able to devour bitches anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2020 3:25 PM

Please FF Op into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2020 3:30 PM

R2 just because you say something doesn’t mean it’s true. There’s a lack of intellectual rigour applied to the eating of certain animals rather than others. The only factor that should clearly be relevant is whether or not it’s an endangered species. I’ll never get past how casually people can talk about how much they “love animals” while eating an animal concurrently.

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2020 3:32 PM

R2 furthermore making value judgements on the lives of certain beings over others based on supposed genetic attributes has historically been extremely shaky ground.

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2020 3:35 PM

Someone needs to anally rape that attention- seeking cunt and then torture her over a long period of time until she begs for death.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2020 3:37 PM

Honestly I'd rather eat a dog than own one. A dog's bark is truly one of the ugliest sounds in the world.

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2020 3:38 PM

[Quote] Over the course of their domestication, dogs have been modified behaviorally and physically in a manner different from cows and pigs

Speak for your own bitches. Not every culture breeds and rears dogs the way you do in yours. Other cultures venerate cows but you eat them happily. Basement dwellers don't see their own ethocentrism.

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2020 3:50 PM

OP is right. But most people won't take the time to think about what they are doing when they eat pig or cow. They'd rather just stuff themselves with meat than consider the horrible torture the animals have gone through.

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2020 3:51 PM

Sorry OP R2 is absolutely correct. Selective breeding made the difference.

Even if I were to play along with this idea, what is the ultimate goal with this argument? If it's to promote veganism, it's a poor way to go about it. Where does it stop? Are plants a life form or not, why are those okay to kill? Maybe we just don't know how to communicate with them.

I suggest vegans start doing more general research on farming and diets. They'd be way more successful if they weren't using nonsense arguments and went about progress in steps. Like making farm animals environments better, or restricting slaughter of newborn animals, or promoting reducing meat consumption, rather than complete restrictions all at once.

Remember OP, farming strictly vegetables for diet isn't as easy, nor as doable, on a global scale as vegans make it out to be -- that takes clearing land (cutting trees, ruining habitats), proper crops (you can't just put whatever crop on a whim), certain crops only grow on certain places, often at the cost (and abuse) of poorer countries, and so on.

There's quite a few species diets we are only starting to discover, that aren't as tidy as we thought -- like deer that go in meadows to crush baby birds for consumption because there's vital nutrients they can't consume from plants only. Humans would likely still be apes if we never touched meat. That's where our big brains developed.

None of this is said as a way to condone the horrific abuses towards other species. Leather goods are more wasteful than food we live on. Start a campaign against designers that make, only to purposely destroy, leather products. They burn them right up to gain a tax credit for profit losses...

I just think there's a middle ground that would be a better solution until we become more advanced in replacing meat completely.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2020 4:00 PM

I did find it difficult to reconcile being ok with eating cows and pigs but not ok with eating dogs.

So I stopped eating cows and pigs.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2020 4:16 PM

Sorry R12 I think you’re misunderstanding. OP’s point is the general hypocrisy of how meat eaters approach the morality of eating one type of animal versus another. R2 attempts to counter this via some sort of weird unscientific and vague remark about genetic makeup of different types of animals (failing to specify if it’s supposedly to benefiting the pet animal’s experience or the human - pet relationship). However your general meat eating human is not contemplating such genetic items when eating a burger (and never has) so R2’s point doesn’t apply to the conscious act of eating meat (even if it had scientific legs).

I eat meat but less than I used to. I have gone through periods of vegetarianism lasting up to a year before. I don’t eat beef but I eat dairy. I do these things for logical pragmatic reasons (environment / climate change). I also am able to read and do understand that eating meat of any sort is largely (entirely) unnecessary for sustenance in 2020. I like animals but I don’t own a pet. I understand the contradictions in that with eating meat and therefore understand that it is not a great behaviour.

A woman I work with values her dog over other peoples lives and eats meat. This dog gets acupuncture treatments and massages. And goes to the vet (always referred to as doctor) every month for checkups etc etc. the amount of money spent on this dog would have saved lives of multiple people if donated to charity for homeless people. She will order a burger and talk about how this shows her love of animals and how she also loves the environment and the implication is how great of a person she is.

It’s total doublespeak. I believe the end game should be for people to vastly cut down their meat consumption, especially beef. For the planets sake. Also, we’re all aware now how much animals suffer for their lives while being bred for meat consumption, knowing this, do you really need a side of bacon at breakfast?

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2020 4:20 PM

I just think Americans are hypocrites, who act self righteous about dog/cat eating cultures (who cultivate and slaughter the animals more humanely than factory farms do, with much less waste and pollution), while they themselves eat pounds of animal flesh per week. Have you all not seen videos of cow factory farming? It is truly revolting.

If you’re not vegan, you don’t have a “leg” 😂 to stand on in this argument. Go vegan or stfu.

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2020 4:24 PM

Peta - People Eating Tasty Animals

Cows, Pigs, Lamb, Goats, Chicken, Turkey.... Delicious.

Dogs, Cats - pets for petting, loving.

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2020 4:29 PM

I’m sure I’ll get Mary!’d for this but what also pisses me off is that this evil cunt deliberately trolls ASMR lovers like myself by putting that in the title of her pathetic, sick “look at me!” video. This is the antithesis of ASMR. Someone please snuff this fetid stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2020 5:21 PM

R16 = pock-marked, obese troll who lives in his mother's basement in Topeka, spending all day watching tv and wolfing down hot dogs and chicken fried steak, wondering if he can lose 100 pounds so he can get down to 400 and pass through the basement door someday.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2020 6:13 PM

Is there a fetish thing for watching asian women eat weird stuff?

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2020 6:16 PM

R19 Straight guys have MANY fetishes regarding Asian women, according to a Japanese friend of mine...it’s pretty creepy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2020 6:18 PM

OP wins. No one has made an argument that undercuts his proposition. The rest is now just ranting DL style.

I trust we have all learned something. Thank you OP.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2020 6:20 PM

Hey, OP, do you have a pet cow or pig? Dogs are not only more intelligent, but like a poster said above, they are domesticated, they are a part of the family, not something you roast, braise or stew.

by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote] , than so too should

THAN!? Op, really

by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2020 6:24 PM

If God didn't mean for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste so delicious.

Plus the way animals reproduce, we'd be covered in animal shit if we couldn't control the population in one way or another.

Now if you will excuse me, I've got a big Ribeye Steak on the grill to baste and turn, covered in sauteed mushrooms smothered in butter.

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2020 6:24 PM

R22 -- Dogs are not more intelligent than pigs. However, given your incorrect post, it is likely they are more intelligent than you.

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2020 6:25 PM

R22 it looks like dogs can be roasted, braised AND stewed. Some people have pet cows and pigs. If intelligence is the marker of whether something can be eaten, does this mean you are up for grabs? I'll preheat the oven.

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2020 6:31 PM

I guess OP wants to cancel "Oliver!" now for the song "Food Glorious Food".....

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2020 6:36 PM

Sorry R24 but YOU would taste just as good,. Not a good argument.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2020 6:36 PM

The fatter, slower and dimmer long pig is a delicacy in certain parts of the world

by Anonymousreply 29August 7, 2020 6:42 PM

R28 Thank you! I knew I was always tasty. Just like candy!

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2020 6:45 PM

Can I cut off your dick and sauté it, R30?

by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2020 6:46 PM

I'd say yes R31, but you'll get Prickly Heat.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2020 6:54 PM

Vietnamese?

by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote]Speak for your own bitches. Not every culture breeds and rears dogs the way you do in yours. Other cultures venerate cows but you eat them happily. Basement dwellers don't see their own ethocentrism.

The silliest rebuttal. Do some basic research about domestication.

Your argument is literally nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2020 11:13 PM

This is OP. I don’t think most people can give up meat, but people can certainly consume much less meat than they do. In addition to reducing risks of cancer, heart disease, and obesity, reducing meat consumption is good for the environment.

But, those same American hypocritical meat eaters consuming two, three, four servings of hormone injected, abused and mistreated, GMO grain-fed meat daily while simultaneously looking down their noses at this woman, are fucking hypocrites. Yes, it’s disgusting, but so is factory farmed pork and beef.

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2020 11:50 PM

R35 / OP Yes, most people can give up meat.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!