Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jordan Peterson POZ For Covid - Caught It In Serbia!

Jordan Peterson dropped from public life earlier this year, travelling to Russia to seek treatment for reliance on benzodiazepines, a class of prescription drugs used commonly to treat anxiety and insomnia; the most common brands are Valium, Ativan and Xanax. His daughter Mikhaila Peterson had said he was using them to treat an autoimmune disorder and anxiety.

At the time the elder Peterson was flown out of country for treatment, Mikhaila Peterson told the National Post father was put in a medically induced coma because Russian doctors have “the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.”

Mikhaila Peterson said her dad caught COVID-19 in a Serbian hospital, where he’d been recovering from treatment, and had also caught pneumonia.

“He was put on a whole bunch of, kind of preemptively, he was put on anti-virals and things,” Mikhaila Peterson told the Sun. “I don’t know if that was necessary, because his symptoms weren’t that bad — he didn’t have a cough, he had a mild fever, but they just put him on everything.

“And so now we’ve had a step back in his recovery. Life is just not good, things are not good right now,” she said.

NO link because the link is to a Right Wing publication

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2021 11:48 PM

Erm.... okay.

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2020 2:32 PM

Yikes. As much I as I loath him, I pity him and his family for being in such a precarious, dreadful situation.

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2020 2:33 PM

loathe*

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2020 2:33 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2020 2:34 PM

A Canadian with no common sense. He's lucky if that's all he caught in Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2020 2:56 PM

Bless his heart. 🎻

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2020 2:58 PM

First Russia, now Serbia? What a weird story.

I wonder what his acolytes make of their idol being so fucked up. Why didn't he just make his bed every day?

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2020 3:13 PM

I was somewhat surprised he turned out to be a junkie, but I shouldn't. They loudest preachers have the most weakness to hide.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2020 3:22 PM

He rants about imaginary "cultural Marxism" but decorates his house with Soviet art and gets all of his medical care in Russia and Eastern Europe. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote] I wonder what his acolytes make of their idol being so fucked up.

They are flooding social blasting people for being so mean to Jordan Peterson going through this personal crisis.

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2020 3:25 PM

Thank you God!

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2020 3:25 PM

His daughter is the lunatic who decided he needed a meat-only diet. He's been having chronic health problems because he listens to her instead of real doctors.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote] They are flooding social blasting people for being so mean to Jordan Peterson going through this personal crisis.

I thought facts didn’t care about their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote] I thought facts didn’t care about their feelings.

You have it the wrong way - they say optics & feelings TRUMP facts. It is now how it looks.

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2020 4:27 PM

The Cringe Macho Diet (carnivore insanity) leads to delusions and lowered immunity.

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2020 4:28 PM

I can't believe he found a Canadian doc to give him those drugs. Impossible.

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2020 5:39 PM

He probably had a few doctors on the go

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2020 6:08 PM

On Aug. 6th, his daughter did a Youtube interview about the status of her father and Covid-19.

She recaps everything starting at 1:05 .

The one question (I believe) she's not asked: his year-long treatment took him to Canada, Northeasten USA, Russia, Florida, and now Serbia. What is the medical cost of trying to get Jordan Peterson well, especially since he's just had a relapse with Covid-19?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 8:12 PM

Plot twist - she's trying to off him to get her hands on his royalties. The all-meat diet, the drug addiction, the Russian hospital, the Covid - it's all starting to make sense.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 9:30 PM

What a beta.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 9:43 PM

He's had a lot of bad breaks. I didn't realize that he's been on anti-depressants for years. He's finished writing a new book, but he's not in any shape to do interviews from even very friendly venues.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 9:49 PM

I don't understand why he's considered to be some type of "truth teller" or hero. His voice is very irritating.

There was a YouTube channel I somewhat liked to watch. A Canadian guy who was building a cabin in the woods. At one point, the Canadian guy was showing off a desk / bookshelf area he built and there was a Peterson book displayed. After that, I slowed down watching that channel and then just stopped watching.

There was another YouTuber I liked to watch (home improvements). Then she went on her Instagram and somebody posted her semi-rant similar to an "all lives matter" thing, she said pulled herself up by her bootstraps, etc. I stopped watching that channel completely right away.

I don't know why people feel so compelled and compulsed to display their affiliations. If I were in the public trying to make money off of something non-political (e.g., home improvements), I would keep my politics to myself.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 9:57 PM

I didn't realize how truly bizarre he and his daughter were until recently.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 9:16 AM

[quote]I don't understand why he's considered to be some type of "truth teller" or hero.

He started out doing the ol' tried-and-true cult method of offering self-help tips to people feeling disaffected and in some kind of personal crisis. From there he introduced his conservative views under the guise of being a "traditional liberal" and making sure he was vague enough (and both-sidesing all the time) so that people could basically project their own views onto him.

In our current believe-whatever-you-want kind of culture, it's an easy way to market yourself to success.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2020 9:30 AM

Any news on this clown?

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2020 11:30 AM

[italic]because Russian doctors have “the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.”[/italic]

Bullshit. Canadian doctors can do that too. He's getting treatment in Russia/Serbia because that's where his (unnamed) benefactors are and that's where they got connections for treatment because they don't want him in a traditional Canadian system with financial records and where he might spill the beans.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2020 11:39 AM

His message is flawed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2021 7:31 PM

Lukewarm review of his new book, Beyond Order.

"The prose swirls like mist, and his great insight appears to be little more than the unthreatening observation that life is complicated."

"...the Peterson of Beyond Order tends instead to two other modes. The first is a grounded clinician, describing his clients’ troubles and the tough-love counsel he gives them. The other is a stoned college freshman telling you that the Golden Snitch is, like, a metaphor for “ ‘round chaos’ … the initial container of the primordial element.” Some sentences beg to be prefaced with Dude, like these: “If Queen Elizabeth II suddenly turned into a giant fire-breathing lizard in the midst of one of her endless galas, a certain amount of consternation would be both appropriate and expected … But if it happens within the context of a story, then we accept it.”"

"On the rare occasion that Beyond Order strays overtly into politics, Peterson still can’t resist fighting straw men."

"He is every one of us who couldn’t resist that pointless Facebook argument, who felt the sugar rush of the self-righteous Twitter dunk, who exulted in the defeat of an opposing political tribe, or even an adjacent portion of our own. That kind of unhealthy behavior, furiously lashing out while knowing that counterattacks will follow, is a very modern form of self-harm. And yet in Beyond Order, the blame is placed solely on “the hypothetically safe but truly dangerous benzodiazepine anti-anxiety medication” he was prescribed by his family doctor. The book leaves you wishing that Peterson the tough therapist would ask hard questions of Peterson the public intellectual.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2021 11:09 PM

Of course! Who wouldn’t go to Russia seeking help with drug or alcohol addiction?

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2021 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!