Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In Fast Company Article, Idiot Prince Harry Demands Social Media Become a “Safe Space” - World Laughs

This guy is such a punk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 17, 2020 8:24 PM

Well, I suppose I should take some consolation that this isn't explicitly a MM thread.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2020 11:41 PM

The peasants DISCUSSED ME on the internet.

SHUT IT DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2020 11:43 PM

Honestly, why does he think he is entitled to preach on every subject.? He’s a semi-retired prince who lives on a trust fund and his dad’s cash and uses private planes as often as us poor normals take a cab. He knows nothing about the world.

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2020 11:45 PM

r3 - Prince William

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2020 11:48 PM

The new book on them reveals in the first few paragraphs that he reads all the Daily Mail comments about himself.

Then gets upset.

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2020 11:48 PM

My wife has an inner ear infection.

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2020 11:49 PM

What r3 says

by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2020 11:53 PM

So let it be written - so let it be done.

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2020 11:55 PM

He clearly has way too much time on his hands.

Perhaps he should consider getting a job.

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2020 11:57 PM

I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2020 12:00 AM

Hasn't his life been safe enough as it is, never having worked a day in his life?

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2020 12:02 AM

This means the loathing of the two idiots on social media is getting to her. We need to ratchet it up.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2020 12:02 AM

He’s qualified for nothing, r9. What entry-level job could he get as an entitled, self-righteous middle-aged immigrant in California?

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2020 12:03 AM

I hear there's a BK looking for a new manager.

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2020 12:05 AM

Twat simpleton. I wonder how many of the executives laughed when the conversation was done. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2020 12:07 AM

This really read like Meghan wrote it. They just changed the spelling of some words to British to make it look like he had a hand in it. But that purple prose, overwritten word salad had Meghan all over it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2020 12:10 AM

In ‘ertford, ‘ereford, and ‘ampshire, ‘urtful ‘arangues shouldn’t HEVER ‘appen!

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2020 12:21 AM

This is junior-high level copy/paste bullshit. It makes no fucking sense.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2020 12:42 AM

R18, of course if doesn’t make sense: it was dictated by a narcissist and written down by a moron!

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2020 12:43 AM

Keep digging, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote]A little over four weeks ago, my wife and I started calling business leaders, heads of major corporations, and chief marketing officers at brands and organisations we all use in our daily lives.

[quote]Our message was clear: The digital landscape is unwell and companies like yours have the chance to reconsider your role in funding and supporting online platforms that have contributed to, stoked, and created the conditions for a crisis of hate, a crisis of health, and a crisis of truth.

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2020 12:50 AM

He’s against lead paint?

by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2020 12:51 AM

Harry did not compose this. C'mon, with his ADHD? After the first paragraph it just repeats the same arms around each other caring rubbish. It badly needs editing.

by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2020 12:53 AM

He could have just double-spaced this to reach the page number requirements of the assignment.

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2020 12:54 AM

I LOVE BRANDS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2020 12:55 AM

Imagine you work for a tech company. For good or ill, you have worked your way up to a position of power and influence on the basis of your intelligence and work ethic, and you suddenly find yourself on the phone with a c-list former actress and her long-term-unemployed former soldier husband who wish to complain that social media should be nicer to them.

How do you take them seriously?

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2020 12:57 AM

GURL, NO!!

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2020 12:58 AM

Who the fuck does he think he is, phoning up corporations and harassing them?

What will the UK Dept of Business Energy and Industry have to say about this? I'll bet they're phoning up everyone and anyone who will listen to make it known that Harry does not represent the UK.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2020 1:00 AM

So this is in support of Xi’s Social Credit Scores?

by Anonymousreply 29August 7, 2020 1:09 AM

The parallels of lead paint and social media! Seriously, social media is what it is, it can be a mean place, but nobody needs it, get out of social media and dont allow your little kids on it! He is so sensitive to what is being said about him, yet he constantly puts himself out there. It is almost like dictatorship and censorship for him. He only wants nice things to be said about him and his wife. Go away and disappear and nobody will talk about you, but here he is inviting comments about him.

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2020 1:12 AM

He was seen by my roommate's former boss and his husband picking up lunch from Chipotle. Maybe a job there?

by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2020 1:15 AM

He really needs to get a life. He's starting to look so pathetic. Wish he would move back to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2020 1:19 AM

Mechanical Turk rush job

by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2020 1:25 AM

Could he perhaps be eating lead paint chips? It does weird things to the brain.

by Anonymousreply 34August 7, 2020 1:26 AM

Go back to Tumblr, royalty fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2020 1:28 AM

Yeah! More nonsense! He never disappoints!

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2020 1:30 AM

Who the fuck even likes him at this point? Idiot white wokesters? Can't think of any other possible group of people.

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2020 1:30 AM

Digital lèse majesté.

How progressive.

by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2020 1:31 AM

I liked it when his dick pic leaked! He thought that was a safe space too!

by Anonymousreply 39August 7, 2020 1:32 AM

What's R35 rambling about? Harry is going stir crazy and needs a job or something to give him a schedule and get out among people. Seriously, not everyone takes living in a bubble well. I kind of feel sorry (in a pathetic way) for this detached kid. If he had a normal job to occupy his time and mind he may have been lucid enough not to marry Meghan or make such foolish statements/decisions.

by Anonymousreply 40August 7, 2020 1:36 AM

Someone who attended a party wearing a swastika armband and called his fellow soldier a "little P*ki" is really talking about creating a kinder internet??

by Anonymousreply 41August 7, 2020 1:40 AM

So you trolls are feeling threatened. The bit where one of you said we should rachet it up some more online is very revealing. It proves that what you do is deliberate. And proves in your own words that you are trolls. Lots of initiatives have been developed and implemented. You just don't know about them. One very helpful tool is a database. This database is going to be open to the public to view. It is going to log daily the death threats, racist hate speech and pack troll attacks in regards to certain members of the brf. It is being funded by a human rights organisation and is manned by volunteers. It will log the time, the media site and the troll that is taking part. All death threats and threats of sexual violence will be reported. There is a difference between free speech and organized trolling. Innocent people posting on media sites have a right not to be harassed. The troll situation is out of control.

by Anonymousreply 42August 7, 2020 1:47 AM

^^Hi Harry! (Or is it Meghan?)^^

by Anonymousreply 43August 7, 2020 1:52 AM

Says the #1 troll on the BRF threads.

by Anonymousreply 44August 7, 2020 1:55 AM

R42 I really hope you're bullshitting. If not, someone might to really want to reconsider the optics of taking up a human rights volunteer's time to maintain a database of threats towards two extraordinarily privileged people. It'll be another spectacular own goal.

by Anonymousreply 45August 7, 2020 1:55 AM

Just troll block it, r45, and you'll see this is the 459887th time it has posted bizarrely detailed threats, all claiming that anyone criticising Harry and Meghan will be databased, doxxed, arrested and jailed for daring to do so.

It's the "Klan Granny's Everywhere!" troll from Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 46August 7, 2020 2:00 AM

What are his thoughts on reintroducing sumptuary laws?

by Anonymousreply 47August 7, 2020 2:03 AM

I agree with the bald man. If he need the job, he can join my campaign which is called Be Best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 7, 2020 2:09 AM

The entire world was shocked and deeply saddened when we lost our beloved Diana and we didn't even know her personally. Harry lost his mother at age 12. He should ALWAYS have our support after suffering such a traumatic event!

by Anonymousreply 49August 7, 2020 2:10 AM

Vairst Laidee and prince...now THAT would be a meeting of the minds and a conversation I would pay to hear. I actually kind of wish Vairst Laidee would do a podcast with her wisdom and interview all these losers.

by Anonymousreply 50August 7, 2020 2:13 AM

"You no rike Chinese apps, Plince Hallee? We show you who boss. China no asshoe! China apps A numbah 1 quaritee"

by Anonymousreply 51August 7, 2020 2:13 AM

I want to see Harry fall in love with and date Melania and run for President. Meghan and Trump belong together. Dumb and Dumber and two narcissists competing. Now THAT would be a real show.

by Anonymousreply 52August 7, 2020 2:23 AM

Talk about the town crier...

by Anonymousreply 53August 7, 2020 2:25 AM

Klan Granny thread. F&F and ignore.

by Anonymousreply 54August 7, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]R37 Who the fuck even likes him at this point?

The whole BRF[italic] violently[/italic] sucks ass.

At least he got out.

by Anonymousreply 55August 7, 2020 2:27 AM

R55 - yeah I don't think the know how to rim...violently or otherwise. Maybe Edward...

by Anonymousreply 56August 7, 2020 2:30 AM

This bald bitch has a job -- he's a stay-at-home-dad. Obviously, he's slacking at it and hates his life. Shocking to almost no one, of course.

Also, it's pretty fucking rich Prince Whine Bag wants everyone to be kinder yet he and his wife continue to shit all over his family and his home country while soaking them for millions and using his pedigree for attention and prospects.

Practice what you preach, Just Harry, or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 57August 7, 2020 2:30 AM

Source for his many incoherent claims and demands:

Dude, Trust Me (Volume X)

by Anonymousreply 58August 7, 2020 2:32 AM

Social media a safe place? That ship has sailed.

Harry needs to narrow his focus. All of social media is too broad for Meghan...I mean, Harry. He also might want to avoid DL.

by Anonymousreply 59August 7, 2020 2:34 AM

Is this why Harry left the royal family and a life of luxury where he could have done the same thing only more effectively?

by Anonymousreply 60August 7, 2020 2:39 AM

I love the bit at the bottom of the article where it says “Prince Harry is the Duke of Sussex” as if that is a job or some sort of credential!

by Anonymousreply 61August 7, 2020 2:41 AM

Watta maroon!...

by Anonymousreply 62August 7, 2020 2:46 AM

As Ali g would say DISS harry gezzer as gone way down ill as eeeee not

by Anonymousreply 63August 7, 2020 2:48 AM

What a pompous asshole! He and his gold digger are reviled by the citizens of Great Britain and the US and they are ridiculed accordingly in the press. So these unemployed losers, the subjects of the justified ridicule, call around to pressure media companies to go easy on them and change their business standards. They really can't help it, can they? Total narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 64August 7, 2020 2:52 AM

[quote]r57 he and his wife continue to shit all over his family and his home country

All he did was leave the nest, something normal adults do around the world.

I think you're more upset about it than his family is.

by Anonymousreply 65August 7, 2020 2:55 AM

Tard jail, release date TBD.

by Anonymousreply 66August 7, 2020 2:55 AM

He "left the nest" at age 35 and is being nested in LA by another rich enabler. Archie demonstrates more independence than his dimwit parents.

by Anonymousreply 67August 7, 2020 3:01 AM

Apparently, he's decided to follow in the steps of Uncle Andrew and just be an embarrassment to the rest of the family.

Kudos, he's found his true calling as the spare.

by Anonymousreply 68August 7, 2020 3:02 AM

I can't believe all the hatred toward Harry on this thread, UNBELIEVABLE! Harry has every right to state his opinion and live life as he chooses!

by Anonymousreply 69August 7, 2020 3:08 AM

R69, he has the right to state his opinion, and we have the right to laugh at him for it.

by Anonymousreply 70August 7, 2020 3:11 AM

[quote]I can't believe all the hatred toward Harry on this thread, UNBELIEVABLE! Harry has every right to state his opinion and live life as he chooses!

Yes. Yes, he does.

And we, the denizens of DL, have the right to state our opinions that mock his opinions and live as we choose.

Win - Win. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 71August 7, 2020 3:11 AM

All you trolls will be reported! Trolls! You are not allowed to troll! A very powerful database on trolls will be opened and you trolls will be sorry you trolled, trolls! That will show you trolls not to troll, trolls! Trolls, I'm telling Mother on you trolls! Trolls, that's what you are! Trolls, your trolling is being reported as I speak to you trolls! Tremble, trolls!

by Anonymousreply 72August 7, 2020 3:21 AM

There's an expression or more precisely, a word of caution, "Don't leave your old job until you have a new job." Perhaps the Harkles should have taken heed.

by Anonymousreply 73August 7, 2020 3:29 AM

A Ginger thinks people are mean.

Why does this not shock me?

by Anonymousreply 74August 7, 2020 3:31 AM

What Liz should do is order Harry back to the UK and put him under Anne's care for 1 year. We'll see a whole new Harry emerge.

by Anonymousreply 75August 7, 2020 3:46 AM

Anne is the is a nothing in the royal family. Nobody gives a shit about the old bat. She is even more lowly than Camilla,

by Anonymousreply 76August 7, 2020 3:49 AM

The trolls have already started. Within the last two hours they have started targeting pro Sussex accounts. They are picking the popular ones and mass trolling each one. The threats are very scary. Whoever is behind this is insane. It is a cybercrime. Twitter, Instagram and the police have all been notified. I don't get it. It is batshit.

by Anonymousreply 77August 7, 2020 3:53 AM

There is No Way Harry wrote that piece to which he signed his name. Markle and their public relations agency wordsmithed it to death.

"We have to remodel the architecture of our online community." Good gawd. That's her. She's big on community. It was also part of their website message when they "stepped back from the royal family."

by Anonymousreply 78August 7, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote]Anne is the is a nothing in the royal family. Nobody gives a shit about the old bat. She is even more lowly than Camilla,

It's not about rank. It's about personality. Anne wouldn't put up with Harry's shit. She'd make him get up at 6:00 am and make his bed and then get him out doing royal duties. What Harry needs is a good smack on the fanny.

by Anonymousreply 79August 7, 2020 3:57 AM

She says the word "community" constantly and yet she's very selective about who she decides to befriend or socialize with. She is one of the weirdest celebrities. She radiates self-congratulation when speaking. I can't disagree, really, with the content of her speeches, but dear God there is something so condescending and self-serving about her delivery. I can't look away from this freak show.

by Anonymousreply 80August 7, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote]r73 There's an expression or more precisely, a word of caution, "Don't leave your old job until you have a new job."

I don't think that applies when you're a multi millionaire trust fund baby, and your grandmother's one of the richest women in the world.

Try not to be too jealous - -

by Anonymousreply 81August 7, 2020 4:01 AM

Next up: The Sussexes leave Archie home yet again to take a private jet to tour the devastation in Beirut. With the still smoldering ruins shown in the background, they are interviewed complaining about how hard done by they were by various viperous gardeners at BP, how unfair it is that the Duchess of Hearts wasn't greeted with a parade and how absolutely beastly it is, when those who acquire influence through nepotism lecture the masses on how to live their lives.

by Anonymousreply 82August 7, 2020 4:03 AM

Harry,

Go apologize to your Granny, beg her for a house on her estate in Scotland and go live a quiet life there.

This wanting to go live a private, but public life will end in tears. There's nothing interesting about either of them. I can't imagine anyone spending money on something they are involved in. They'll never make a living

Harry doesn't understand that people really look at the royal family as a soap opera. Ask any person about the UK royal family scandals, and they can tell them to you, but really nothing else beyond that

by Anonymousreply 83August 7, 2020 4:06 AM

Harry is Diana's son, he will always have my full support in whatever he chooses to do in his life.

by Anonymousreply 84August 7, 2020 4:53 AM

He’s an unrepentant jerk, everyone now knows it.

Period.

He has no legitimacy in a pulpit.

Craven and crass.

by Anonymousreply 85August 7, 2020 5:12 AM

He is just trying to justify why they are suing everyone.

by Anonymousreply 86August 7, 2020 5:15 AM

It hurts me to see him turning into a little bitch. Back when he was hot, I dreamed of sucking the fire out of his red snatch.

Why Lord, why did you bring that evil little beyotch Meghan into the mix?!?! She's ruined my life forever!!

by Anonymousreply 87August 7, 2020 5:27 AM

Watching him be torn to bits for stepping out of line is sweeter than anything. He's always been a crass, classless, awful and spoiled little brat. Thank god Meg came along, she simply provided a way for the forcefield that surrounded him to be lowered. Now he's vulnerable and he hates it.

by Anonymousreply 88August 7, 2020 5:29 AM

[quote] Anne is the is a nothing in the royal family. Nobody gives a shit about the old bat.

Not true. Anne is a senior royal, and she goes to all the big to-dos at Buck House and Windsor, especially since Andrew is in disgrace and Edward and Sophie still have children under 18. And of course since Harry and Meghan have taken themselves out of the equation. Remember, she's the queen's only daughter.

Her parents respect her enormously because of her common sense, and the rest of the royals respect her because of her work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 89August 7, 2020 6:01 AM

ER84 MARY!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 90August 7, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote]r83 Harry doesn't understand that people really look at the royal family as a soap opera. Ask any person about the UK royal family scandals, and they can tell them to you, but really nothing else beyond that

But living in a soap opera would be quite horrible - there's always some trauma going on.

The thing I like about him is that he's willing to try living the second half of his life a different way. We only go around once, so why lock yourself into the same cemented existence for 70 or 80 years?

It's almost like what I think is interesting about people who get sex changes - why wouldn't someone want to go through half this life experience as a man, and then as a woman ... or vice versa? See it all.

by Anonymousreply 91August 7, 2020 6:22 AM

r85 No legitimacy in a pulpit is a brilliant phrase and description!

Perfect for this situation and one I may use in real life against those who hypocritically preach at me in future!

by Anonymousreply 92August 7, 2020 6:27 AM

That’s hilarious. They’re scolding the very companies they’re hoping will hire them?

Sounds an awful lot like negging and it’s a pure Mean Girl tactic. Sometimes it works, it’s why she does it.

by Anonymousreply 93August 7, 2020 7:01 AM

Inept shakedown attempt.

This choad is bush league.

by Anonymousreply 94August 7, 2020 7:04 AM

The article's point is that the internet must change and become more compassionate but he doesn't state how or why or discuss ongoing attempts to flag fake news or political interference. He doesn't even give an example of the sort of speech he finds so dangerous although it probably is the kind of slagging he and his wife receive on a daily basis. The article is an attempt to give him an area of expertise so someone will book him as a speaker and generate that ten figure incomes that he and his wife expect.

by Anonymousreply 95August 7, 2020 8:15 AM

It didn’t really work for Rodney King, and he had a legitimate gripe. It sounds even more absurd coming from someone of just Harry’s privilege...

by Anonymousreply 96August 7, 2020 2:07 PM

So what does he tell the CEOs and Marketing Execs? "If you don't agree to this I'll name names and THEN you'll be sorry!!"

Any CEO who told Harry to "Fuck. Off." would seriously up his/her company's market share within hours of that sensible response becoming publicly known.

by Anonymousreply 97August 7, 2020 2:32 PM

Switchboard: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex on line one for Mr. Zuckerberg.

Assistant: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex on line one for you, sir.

MZ: Tell him I'm in conference - don't take a message.

by Anonymousreply 98August 7, 2020 3:17 PM

Even Oprah is now talking about white privilege and an American "caste" system. These rich people need to STFU and find another way to make money besides trying to ride the guilt zeitgeist.

by Anonymousreply 99August 7, 2020 3:32 PM

It's so pathetic that he obviously didn't write that thing and yet it's still so poorly written.

by Anonymousreply 100August 7, 2020 5:35 PM

R91 asks: "The thing I like about him is that he's willing to try living the second half of his life a different way. We only go around once, so why lock yourself into the same cemented existence for 70 or 80 years?"

Uh, because he's doing such a shitty job of it? Having, thus far, accomplished nothing besides making himself look like a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 101August 7, 2020 6:11 PM

"our hope is that it’s the beginning of a movement where we, as people, place community and connection, tolerance and empathy, and joy and kindness above all." Prince Harry or his ghostwriter.

Starting with your wife's father, Harry?

by Anonymousreply 102August 7, 2020 6:19 PM

[quote]R101 Uh, because he's doing such a shitty job of it? Having, thus far, accomplished nothing besides making himself look like a jackass.

What had he accomplished before? It’s not like the royals do much besides attend grocery store openings and accept government handouts.

by Anonymousreply 103August 7, 2020 6:46 PM

he needn't speak about joy when he goes around with a face like a slapped arse most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 104August 7, 2020 7:22 PM

Harry really is like a junior Trump without the executive power .

by Anonymousreply 105August 7, 2020 7:26 PM

[Quote]The article is an attempt to give him an area of expertise so someone will book him as a speaker and generate that ten figure incomes that he and his wife expect.

What expertise? Whining while living a privileged existence? I don't keep up with Black Twitter or LSA, but, surely, they must be frowning on these two choads...

by Anonymousreply 106August 7, 2020 7:31 PM

What is it with these clueless idiots? They set themselves up like bowling pins. EG - they lecture the world about their carbon footprint when they had just taken a big number of private jets. They lecture people about black disenfranchisement when one of them comes from the most privileged white family on earth and the other has done everything she could to deny her black heritage. Now Harry is lecturing us about kindness and compassion when everyone knows how they have ghosted their family and friends, most poignantly, MM's elderly, ill father whose letters they send back unopened.

It's like...when you're in a hole, for God's sake, stop digging.

by Anonymousreply 107August 7, 2020 7:39 PM

Problem isn’t with the message, however poorly written and expressed it is, but instead it’s the messengers who are wrong. Wealthy scroungers scrounging off of inherited wealth and even wealthier acquaintances. Talking down to us about how we should think and behave for no reason other than they’ve got the platforms to do so. Harry by virtue of his status is able to cold call business and industry leaders to to give them pompous lectures. If that’s not privilege I don’t know what is.

He has zero experience working for a living or doing any real work without help from RF staff. Now he’s butthurt because his wife got exposed for who she is, a thirsty famewhore willing to lie and dump loved ones in her pursuits. Secretly he likely regrets marrying the ho but he’s too stupid and narcissistic to abandon ship

by Anonymousreply 108August 7, 2020 9:15 PM

They want to live the lifestyle of millionaires, but they don't have any skills. They're desperately trying to latch onto rich people.

It was embarrassing that Harry asked the head of Disney for a job for Meghan in front of everyone. Now just cold calling rich people and asking them to start "something" and let harry and meg be a part of it? No one is going to start a business or "platform" or whatever for them.

The both of them are just so stupid. They actually destroyed their "trump card' (a biography) and gave away the secrets for free to a bunch of nobodies

by Anonymousreply 109August 8, 2020 12:39 AM

[quote]It was embarrassing that Harry asked the head of Disney for a job for Meghan in front of everyone.

And even more embarrassing that he gave her one.

by Anonymousreply 110August 8, 2020 2:53 AM

Well, to be fair to Iger, what choice did he have once Harry's ambush of him went viral?

Back then (only a few months ago, yes, but a lifetime ago in terms of Harkle public image) they were still being spoken of largely positively by the press - so positively that most of the UK media glossed over the fact that Harry did the unthinkable and cancelled his commitment (as Captain General of the Royal Marines) to attend a memorial for 11 Royal Marines killed by the IRA just in order to attend that piddly movie premiere.

Iger wanted not to alienate a couple he (wrongly) thought were both very popular and a route to friendship with the Royals, AND he was put on the spot in front of the whole world. He had to give Meghan something.

Would he do the same now? No fucking way.

by Anonymousreply 111August 8, 2020 4:49 AM

Meghan is running out of people to hold hostage.

by Anonymousreply 112August 8, 2020 5:48 AM

She’s fine, and sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 113August 8, 2020 5:55 AM

She's not fine, r113, and she sends her love to no one but herself.

That's why she's suing everybody in sight, embarrassingly jumping on every bandwagon that passes by, is living in a tacky house loaned by someone she barely knows, and,this week, is sending Harry out to try to order the world to stop commenting negatively online about her. I guess Sunshine Sachs' bots weren't doing enough scrubbing of internet comments for her liking.

Oh, and now she's looking like a Kardashian. I guess it was only a matter of time.

But fine? Only if by 'fine' you mean 'desperate and flailing'.

by Anonymousreply 114August 8, 2020 6:03 AM

I would pay good money to know what the Suits cast and crew who regularly interacted with her are thinking.

by Anonymousreply 115August 8, 2020 6:08 AM

They are fine, and send their love.

by Anonymousreply 116August 8, 2020 6:12 AM

After I wrote that at R115, I recall another poster wrote that the director of the department store commercial (Reitman's?) supposedly said she was the meanest person he'd ever met.

by Anonymousreply 117August 8, 2020 6:12 AM

She looks so gorgeous in that commercial.

She really is exquisite. And sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 8, 2020 6:20 AM

The thing that makes me question the "Meghan has always been a diva" rumor is 2 things. Pre-Harry, she seems to regularly be involved in cast things.

Most importantly, she was the girlfriend of the main character. Easy enough to fire if people get annoyed by you. Tragic break up, new girlfriend with law experience 5 episodes later.

by Anonymousreply 119August 8, 2020 8:11 AM

She is pretty. And whatever she had done to her teeth back then, they look a lot better than the crurent shark-like incarnation.

by Anonymousreply 120August 8, 2020 8:14 AM

R114 - she WISHES she was a Kardashian because at least one thing about Kim that I know from going to the gym with her and her sisters is that she works morning to night running her many online stores and subsidiary companies owned under a different name. After 2 hours of exercise she is on her laptop in the VIP lounge working for 9 hours at a time. Meghan wants to sue and complain her way through life. Kim is gross and but a hard worker with her head on her shoulders and from what gym staff said NEVER complains and is super polite to service people and for me, that says a lot about someone. Jada and Meghan are notorious bitches at Equinox while the Kardashians paid the salary of 90 janitors on furlough who they always thank and say hello to.

The Kardashians are gross but Meghan is an asshole, which is much worse.

by Anonymousreply 121August 8, 2020 8:35 AM

R114 - another thing is Meghan's "causes" are ones she latches on to and blows hot and cold but seems to do NOTHING concrete about. I know the Kardashians donate to Armenian orphanages and to the pet shelters all over the valley. Meghan is trash like Jada and that is why the rest of the world dislikes these two without even living in the area. They sense their nasty vibe, while the Kardashians are just ridiculous looking but not hated.

by Anonymousreply 122August 8, 2020 8:39 AM

[quote]r122 that is why the rest of the world dislikes these two without even living in the area

I don't think people dislike them. They gained a lot of sympathy upon escaping the monarchy, which the world sees as incredibly coddled and wasteful now. Whether they actually do anything significant with their lives is beside the point - the fact that they broke away is admirable.

by Anonymousreply 123August 8, 2020 9:06 PM

R123...broke away, while living entirely on his trust fund and checks from Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 124August 8, 2020 9:11 PM

Exactly, R124. As long as they are taking any money at all from Just Harry's Daddy, they didn't 'break away' from anything other than the actual parts of being a royal that resemble a job. Laughable!

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2020 9:16 PM

Admirable would've been:

2017: "I've met a woman I love and have decided to withdraw from royal life to make a new life with her". No expensive wedding, no titles, no trying to pick and choose the "fun" parts of royal life and ignore the drudgery.

by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2020 9:23 PM

“Broke away”... as if they were in a Turkish prison. MARY!

When they’re paying their own bills 100%, they’ll be independent.

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2020 10:33 PM

Really rich people seldom divorce themselves from family money. And why should they?

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2020 10:41 PM

R128 It's not just his trust fund they're living off of. It's continued checks. And because they scream about "our own path" "making a new way"

by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2020 10:58 PM

How do we know about their finances, though?

by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2020 11:01 PM

I wonder how much Harry got paid for the Fast Company article?

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2020 11:04 PM

I wonder how much he paid the person who wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2020 11:09 PM

It's in Saturday's Sun and Daily Mail, r130

by Anonymousreply 133August 9, 2020 12:11 AM

r128, when a person is dependent on another person for money, the person giving it has the power.

Why this independent proud black feminist wants to be yoked and beholden to the racist colonist Nazis is beyond me. And it’s beyond hypocritical.

Principles cost.

by Anonymousreply 134August 9, 2020 12:15 AM

r128, when a person is dependent on another person for money, the person giving it has the power.

Why this independent proud black feminist wants to be yoked and beholden to the racist colonist Nazis is beyond me. And it’s beyond hypocritical.

Principles cost.

by Anonymousreply 135August 9, 2020 12:15 AM

r126 Brilliant Brilliant perfect summary and point!👌👏

by Anonymousreply 136August 9, 2020 12:56 AM

Lower class culture is all about “get that money, girl.”

Which is not a problem unless you try to lie and portray yourself as some financially independent feminist.

I’m not surprised Markle has tried to use her twat to make her way through life... just disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 137August 9, 2020 3:54 AM

R137 has described Markle very well.

by Anonymousreply 138August 9, 2020 7:17 AM

Just watched 'Richard Jewel' and was somehow reminded of Harry.

A man without mental recourse who feels secure now, but who will soon be defamed as a 'racist' when his Lady Meghbeth finally finds a Truly Rich man...

by Anonymousreply 139August 9, 2020 8:05 AM

I wish they would stop lecturing and virtue signalling, disappear, and just get on with using the financial resources they have to earn a living. Lecturing is not a viable way for them to do this; it just exposes them to further ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 140August 9, 2020 8:08 AM

But how can they, r140

How can they stop, NOW?

When they are so very HURT?

They can't.

Let's let them continue on their journey

HURTling toward oblivion

by Anonymousreply 141August 9, 2020 8:14 AM

Am I allowed to say Harry is a nitwit or will the resident troll threaten to sue me and call me a klan granny? Do I have that right in Harry's brave new world of internet compassion?

by Anonymousreply 142August 9, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote]but who will soon be defamed as a 'racist' when his Lady Meghbeth finally finds a Truly Rich man...

I think Megs has gone about as far as she can go. What rich man wouldn't want to put up with her? She's sneaky. She's litigious. She's not getting any younger. She's not that beautiful. What would she bring to a rich man's household?

by Anonymousreply 143August 9, 2020 6:03 PM

And she's got terrible manners, and she ( and he) are fast becoming 'woke' bores who do nothing but lecture other people about 'equality' while hanging on to their titles and living off the BRF's money.

I can't even imagine a rich man wanting to invite her out to dinner (for fear of being lectured to death), much less take her home with him.

by Anonymousreply 144August 10, 2020 11:48 AM

Oh, gays. Megs will find her Aristole Onassis one day, no worries!

by Anonymousreply 145August 10, 2020 12:50 PM

It’s called hypocrisy and hypocrites will never admit to it. That’s what makes them hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 146August 10, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]R135 when a person is dependent on another person for money, the person giving it has the power.

So if your stance is Charles is sending Prince Harry large sums and therefore calls the shots, why aren’t Harry and his bride frogstepped back into Frogmoor?

Or are you saying the BRF want the pair away, and they’re complying?

by Anonymousreply 147August 10, 2020 4:00 PM

Becoming an equality activist when he holds royal titles? He's such an embarrassment.

With each one of these misguided hostage videos, he sinks lower in the British estimation. I hope he never wants to go back, because he'll be pelted with rotten fruit if he so much as shows his face in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 148August 10, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]R143 She's not that beautiful.

Whatever else you have to say about her, Ms. Markle is a stunningly beautiful woman whose look is very much of the moment. She is utterly luscious.

Kate is just your generic mumster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 10, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote] Ms. Markle is a stunningly beautiful woman whose look is very much of the moment. She is utterly luscious

How much were you paid for this? And is it by word or post count?

by Anonymousreply 150August 10, 2020 5:05 PM

She's hardly stunningly beautiful. She's ok looking and sometimes looks better than ok if her hair and makeup are done right. But she's slightly cross-eyed and no one with cross eyes can ever be "Stunningly beautiful".

by Anonymousreply 151August 10, 2020 5:09 PM

Yeah, that’s how you get to play a romantic lead on a TV show. Being “okay looking”.

by Anonymousreply 152August 10, 2020 5:55 PM

She wasn't a lead, she was a supporting actress on a middling cable show. Stop trying to pretend. We all can see her.

by Anonymousreply 153August 10, 2020 6:24 PM

She's pretty. She was never STUNNING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 10, 2020 10:53 PM

Skinny legs and a thick middle do not luscious make...

by Anonymousreply 155August 10, 2020 10:55 PM

She was cute when younger. But in a “cute girl who works at the mall and is kinda slutty” kind of way.

Now she’s some sort of creepy/skanky combo.

by Anonymousreply 156August 11, 2020 1:07 AM

Who does he think he is, royalty or something?

by Anonymousreply 157August 11, 2020 1:22 AM

R149 - on what planet is a skinny, bow legged, thick waisted, cross and beady eyed woman, with a goofy face and waaaaayyyy too sloped nose beautiful? Kate may be "traditionally out together" because her job requires it, but she has a splendid smile compared to Meghan's desperately capped teeth, huge and sparkly green eyes compared to Meghan's deep set crossed eyes, and a long graceful neck and body compared to Meghan's unfortunate proportions. As for the hair, no need to go there.

The only man who will take Meghan home now is a gay man, to fucking help her do her hair and hear BRF stories. For the rest, other than Dim, nobody would be tempted by that.

by Anonymousreply 158August 11, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote]R153 She wasn't a lead, she was a supporting actress on a middling cable show. Stop trying to pretend. We all can see her.

Dear, I know the show. She was the romantic lead, in that she was the only character merely there for her looks, and the girlfriend of the male lead. That, given her screen time, makes her the romantic lead.

Can’t you find some way to sooth your jealousy? Prince Harry loves her, not you. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 159August 11, 2020 3:22 AM

I'm a gay man, r159, and not into Gingers.

I know you need for everyone to be viewing this situation in the same terms that you do (jealousy, skin colour taking precedence above all), but some of us see a car-crash of epic proportion and the greatest gossip story for a generation, and simply cannot look away the ongoing carnage.

by Anonymousreply 160August 11, 2020 3:48 AM

[quote]R160 some of us see a car-crash of epic proportion and the greatest gossip story for a generation, and simply cannot look away the ongoing carnage.

Fine. Just stick to topics like that, and don’t go on about things you know nothing about (such as what a romantic lead is in a script).

by Anonymousreply 161August 11, 2020 5:02 AM

I'll comment on whatever I like, in whatever way I like, at any time I like, r161.

by Anonymousreply 162August 11, 2020 5:50 AM

Bravo, R162.

Fuck the self-appointed (or is it paid?) thought police attempting to dictate what one may or may not say about these two.

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2020 10:49 AM

You go, r162. To read through r161’s previous posts shows someone so heavily invested in this story as to sound like a publicist. And yet he/she feels entitled to dictate the level of investment of other posters? Get real...

by Anonymousreply 164August 11, 2020 2:13 PM

Meghan is a cunning stunt.

by Anonymousreply 165August 11, 2020 2:54 PM

These two make Wallis Simpson look like a shrinking violet in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 166August 11, 2020 7:56 PM

What’s “Fast Company”? Is it like Forbes?

by Anonymousreply 167August 12, 2020 10:33 AM

The only reason The queen and Charles are not taking them their title, is because they are old and wise enough to know, in a few years, Harry will be back and he will have to defend himself of accusation of abuse or infidelity from his ex wife.

by Anonymousreply 168August 12, 2020 6:14 PM

R168 - I really doubt the infidelity. Dim is not having any sex because he is one of those men castrated by his wife.

by Anonymousreply 169August 14, 2020 6:39 AM

R169 - Seriously? He's already marking SB Polo Club for freebies and girlies sent to private rooms and parties. Meghan will never be important enough to be recognized. Only in 2nd or 3rd hand derision when she tries calling trying to figure out where Harry is tying the next one on.

by Anonymousreply 170August 14, 2020 7:51 AM

R170 - honestly, I don't know where you got your info and I don't know so I can't say if it's true or not. I can say that it would mean there is a dash of life left in him though honestly, it would also show he is a brat because the bitch made that baby and, as much as I dislike her, she did give up her life in a luxury apartment in Toronto where she could go anywhere at any time at free will. The thing to do is stop whining and stick to his wife at this point if he wants to make a big show about how his mom's sad fate has hurt him. Dim keeps digging a deeper hole.

by Anonymousreply 171August 14, 2020 12:26 PM

Please, she gave up her apt in Toronto? For what, a life of royal luxury? It's like she snagged the prize and then didn't know what to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 172August 14, 2020 11:27 PM

R172 - she had a luxury apartment in Toronto and 4 mil in the bank and freedom. I don't know that I would want to trade that for living under someone else's roof, on their money and by their rules. At fucking 39 she was old enough to think of that unlike 19 years old Diana who got swept with the tide...she chose to give it up for her own pride and narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 173August 15, 2020 12:25 AM

R173, I agree! If I had $4m in the bank, I’d live an independent low-key frugal life off the interest and never work a day.

But I don’t have a bottomless pit of need in my ego, nor anyone to impress or get revenge upon. Being famous or royal sounds like torture.

Meghan feels differently, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 174August 15, 2020 12:36 AM

R174 - ament to that. She had $4 million in the bank and a 2 million condo with nice views close to Bloor and Younge (awesome gay scene back in the aughts) and she had a blog and did athletic type yoga and looked so much better. Personally, I sometimes wonder if she didn't get into booze or drugs with Dim because she made one bad decision after another, used totally rash judgment and her spending was way off. Someone who was close-minded enough to do that on their own doesn't suddenly change overnight unless some chemicals or mental illness is involved.

by Anonymousreply 175August 15, 2020 2:33 AM

She didn't have a condo, she rented a house.

by Anonymousreply 176August 15, 2020 2:37 AM

Yes, she seemed to look ever worse as time went on. She looked quite good in almost all the pre-marriage photos and then wen downhill so that eventually she looked disheveled, with wild unkempt hair, sweat stains, bad makeup. She looks better now. Harry just looks like someone who is being hunted.

by Anonymousreply 177August 15, 2020 8:44 AM

R176 - she literally sold her condo when she married Harry. And, yes, R177, she did look worse for the wear since she got with Harry. I honestly am starting to believe the rumors about his drug addiction and am thinking maybe he had quite a few enablers in the palace and maybe she got into it to get him and, once she had the baby she realized that it was time to get out of there. Who knows? There is a reason she is starting to look like herself again and looked bad back then. People often gain and look bad when not in a good place.

My own 2 cents is that had she scaled down her pride and listened to her head instead of her ego, she could have become a popular person in her own life and now fucked up royally. Dim was always a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 178August 15, 2020 10:31 AM

Their behavior becomes very understandable when you factor in one component.

Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. Drugs to come up, drugs to come down, drugs to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 179August 15, 2020 10:50 AM

How come no one around them has dished some dirt about their drug use, a disgruntled former employee maybe? Servants see and know everything and drug use is hard to hide.

There was something in CDAN awhile back that she came to the baby shower in NYC on a private jet so she could stock up.

by Anonymousreply 180August 15, 2020 10:55 AM

It’s a common misconception that drug consuming people are all homeless junkies.

It is all about the dosage, and ability to pay for them.

On top of that, withdrawal symptoms can also make you bonkers, in a completely opposite way.

And so goes their weird roller coaster ride, and if you lack introspection and intelligence, denial of these realities (and subsequently an aware/mindful use of these substances) will go on for life. .

by Anonymousreply 181August 15, 2020 10:58 AM

It’s easy to hide if they come in the form of prescription drugs.

by Anonymousreply 182August 15, 2020 11:01 AM

Show us the Royal dick!

by Anonymousreply 183August 15, 2020 11:03 AM

Yeah and even Diana said that when she was struggling during pregnancy they gave her Valium and she got off it because it wasn't her thing...but some have addict personalities.

by Anonymousreply 184August 15, 2020 11:10 AM

R184 yeah yeah, so she says.

by Anonymousreply 185August 15, 2020 11:11 AM

Don’t get me wrong, these substances can be very helpful.

Do royals have diplomatic passports? Then their luggage will never be checked. So there.

by Anonymousreply 186August 15, 2020 11:13 AM

I think at this point in their lives Harry & Meghan need to just embrace the "idol rich" lifestyle, play tennis, have cocktails, and stay away from social commentary. Maybe in a few years of quiet the world will be a different place and there will be a venue for them to came back and voice their concerns publicly.

by Anonymousreply 187August 15, 2020 11:31 AM

R187, I think it's quite possible that it may just happen that way. The whole Archewell business might be allowed to die on the vine now that they have their estate and no longer need to pretend to be doing real work. Meg can settle into the luxe CA life she was aiming for with occasional forays into rich-lady activism or media work; Harry can play polo and hire himself out as a stunt speaker at corporate events to help pay the maintenance costs.

by Anonymousreply 188August 15, 2020 11:47 AM

[quote]I think at this point in their lives Harry & Meghan need to just embrace the "idol rich" lifestyle, play tennis, have cocktails, and stay away from social commentary.

You're kidding, right? Meghan NEEDS attention. She can't live without it. She will continually push herself into the limelight.

Prediction:. She will start a "mothering" blog/video franchise. You know the type of stuff - mother/baby yoga, what to feed a healthy baby, how to deal with any stress.

by Anonymousreply 189August 15, 2020 3:59 PM

[Quote]she literally sold her condo when she married Harry.

Is it possible to figuratively sell real estate?

by Anonymousreply 190August 15, 2020 4:09 PM

It would have been a bit much to sell a condo that she didn’t own, even for MM.

She rented a shitty little house. She didn’t own a condo.

by Anonymousreply 191August 15, 2020 4:26 PM

Thanks you R191. The book (and reporting at the time) make that very clear.

by Anonymousreply 192August 15, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote] Do royals have diplomatic passports?

Yes, they do. All except the Monarch, as she has no need for a passport at all. She is free to travel the world without a passport, diplomatic or any other.

by Anonymousreply 193August 16, 2020 12:46 AM

So Harry's bags are full of white powder and nothing can be done about it?

by Anonymousreply 194August 16, 2020 10:51 AM

"my wife and I started calling business leaders, heads of major corporations, and chief marketing officers at brands and organisations we all use in our daily lives" - and which normal citizens can just pick up the phone and call business leaders, heads of major corporations, etc. and expect that they'll do whatever we suggest simply because we suggested it?

by Anonymousreply 195August 16, 2020 11:00 AM

Does Harry not get the difference between lead and words and ideas? I agree that social media needs better regulation , but you can't ban words and ideas in the same way that you can ban lead or control people posting online in the same way you can control how manufacturers use lead in products.

[quote]In the 1970s, there was a groundbreaking study on the societal effects of lead exposure and kids. The research found a clear connection between lead accumulation in children and their mental development. There’s no debate over the dangers of lead today, but at the time, the development was met with strong resistance from industry leaders (lead was used widespread in products such as gas, house paint, and water pipes). Eventually, sweeping health and environmental reforms were put in place to change this. We knew something was harmful to the health of our children, so we made the necessary changes to keep them safe, healthy, and well.

[quote]Researchers I’ve spoken with are studying how social media affects people—particularly young people—and I believe the book of data that we will look back on one day will be incredibly troubling.

by Anonymousreply 196August 16, 2020 11:06 AM

Diplomats have been smuggling drugs and weapons for eons.

by Anonymousreply 197August 16, 2020 11:10 AM

r173 Yes, the apartment, money in the bank, etc, but not the FAME or being the most photographed woman in the WORLD! As you pointed out, she's 39 so is probably canny enough to realize she's not going to be anything other than a middling actress on a middling tv show. There were no Oscars or Emmys in her future. Time's running out and Harry happened in the nick of time. This is all brand building and she's fake as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 198August 16, 2020 12:02 PM

R198 - which points to some deep-seated issues. By 39 she should be ok with enjoying her life and money in peace. I suspect some issues related to Doria leaving...kinda Diana territory which probably freaked out William.

by Anonymousreply 199August 16, 2020 12:16 PM

Duchess Fake As Fuck actually has a nice ring to it R198.

by Anonymousreply 200August 16, 2020 3:21 PM

Maybe Harry isn’t as MONETIZABLE as she thought he would be...

by Anonymousreply 201August 16, 2020 3:34 PM

R201 no it’s about her. She‘s fame hungry and wants to bless the peasants with her pseudo-wisdom. When she said she can’t wait to use her "voice" it kind of sent shivers down my spine.

by Anonymousreply 202August 16, 2020 3:52 PM

Meghan is a woman who "needs to be heard" so she's not going away anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 203August 16, 2020 4:01 PM

MEG will not be ignored!

by Anonymousreply 204August 16, 2020 4:09 PM

I don't make any demands and I'm Marie of Romania.

by Anonymousreply 205August 16, 2020 7:47 PM

R49 Countless people have lost their mothers, fathers, and children with zero acknowledgment and fanfare. Add to those devastating losses the fact that many bereaved children are left in poverty. Harry will never have to worry about having a roof over his head. His piteous displays are worthy of scorn and mockery. The bloke doesn't have a fucking clue how we peasants deal with life.

by Anonymousreply 206August 17, 2020 6:52 PM

R206 Amen. Given his intelligence (or lack thereof), I fear he will never get it though.

by Anonymousreply 207August 17, 2020 7:26 PM

R201 - oh she will find a way...maybe by talking about his mental health to the frauen...IF she was smart and quit the drugs she would find a way. Just look at her...in a sense she is kind of "odious fabulous"

by Anonymousreply 208August 17, 2020 8:18 PM

R180 Servants? LOL

by Anonymousreply 209August 17, 2020 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!