Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Falwell apologizes for unzipped pants photo: ‘I’m gonna try to be a good boy’

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. said on Wednesday that he had apologized for posting a photo of him in unzipped pants and arm around a woman — but also defended the incident as a vacation “costume party” that was “just in good fun.”

The now-deleted photo showed Falwell, a leading evangelical supporter of President Donald Trump, with his pants unzipped and his underwear showing beneath, while he had one arm around a woman whose shorts also appeared to be unbuttoned and his other holding a glass with a dark-colored liquid. The photo appeared to be on board a yacht.

The posting — which was quickly withdrawn — drew a sharp backlash and charges of hypocrisy because the evangelical university that he leads prohibits students from having sexual relations outside of a “biblically-ordained” marriage and consuming media with lewd lyrics, sexual content and nudity. The university’s policy also counsels “appropriateness” and “modesty” in how students must dress.

“I’ve apologized to everybody,” Falwell said in an interview on the Morningline show on WLNI 105.9FM, a local radio station in Lynchburg, Va., Falwell’s home town and that of the Liberty campus. “And I’ve promised my kids I’m going to try to be — I’m gonna try to be a good boy from here on out.”

Falwell described the woman in the photo as his “wife’s assistant.” On his Instagram account, Falwell tagged a picture of the woman as Kathleen Stone, who lists on her Facebook account that she works for Liberty University. A university spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“She’s a sweetheart and I should never have put it up and embarrassed her,” Falwell said.

Falwell described the scene leading up to the photo. “She’s pregnant so she couldn’t get her — she couldn’t get her pants up,” he said. “And I was like, trying to like — my — I had on pair of jeans that I hadn’t worn in a long time so I couldn’t get mine zipped either. And so — and so — I just put my belly — I just put my belly out like hers.”

The photo of Falwell appeared to be a parody of the comedy TV show “Trailer Park Boys.” The website Pulpit & Pen also published a video, set to the theme music of the show, that shows Falwell and other yacht guests in costume. The video appears to have been taken by someone on the yacht.

Asked about the reference to the TV show during the interview on Wednesday, Falwell demurred. “Whatever,” he said. “It was a costume party on a — we were on vacation. And, anyway, long story short it was just in good fun. That’s it.”

Falwell’s response comes after the photo drew widespread criticism earlier this week, much of it from liberals but also from some conservatives, including Meghan McCain, the ABC talk show host and daughter of former Sen. John McCain, and S.E. Cupp, the CNN commentator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 10, 2020 10:38 PM

These right-wing depraved fundies don't even try to hide it any more.

They're just going to flaunt their dalliances in front of the world, and they don't give a shit.

All the while condemning gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2020 1:02 AM

This is why they like chump, they're secretly just like him.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2020 1:02 AM

In case you missed it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2020 1:06 AM

The heterosexual life is a etc

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2020 1:08 AM

Where’s the cock ?

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote]‘I’m gonna try to be a good boy’

As opposed to "I'll never do something like that again."

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote] ‘I’m gonna try to be a good boy’

[quote] As opposed to "I'll never do something like that again."

Exactly.

And he's the head of an evangelical relgious college, mind you.

What a fucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 6, 2020 1:15 AM

What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8August 6, 2020 1:16 AM

He also fucked the Cockgobbler according to DL's DC Intern. Falwell is a messy old queen.

by Anonymousreply 9August 6, 2020 1:21 AM

‘I’m gonna try to be a good boy and not do that sort of stuff when cameras are around" is what he meant.

by Anonymousreply 10August 6, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote] Falwell is a messy old queen

From the looks of it, so is the Cockgobbler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 6, 2020 1:27 AM

"...daughter of former Sen. John McCain"

Uh, yeah, he's about as "former" as it gets. Why don't these "journalists" know how to write?

Having said that, Falwell is a lying piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12August 6, 2020 1:31 AM

I don't believe a word Falwell says. There's more to this story than what he's saying.

by Anonymousreply 13August 6, 2020 1:40 AM

He's probably on meth, R13.

Just like that "Pastor" Ted Haggard from Colorado.

Closet case meth heads, all of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 6, 2020 1:43 AM

How do these closet case religious nuts always score the hottest guys?

Haggard and Mike Jones.

Falwell and the Pool Boy.

Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 6, 2020 1:44 AM

r11 I never found the issue with that picture. Not everyone has pink ass lips. Is there ca-ca somewhere in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 16August 6, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote] Not everyone has pink ass lips

He needs to look into anal bleaching.

by Anonymousreply 17August 6, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote]‘I’m gonna try to be a good boy’

I've heard that one before.

by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2020 1:52 AM

I think he leaked it on purpose since outing has begun towards election season.

by Anonymousreply 19August 6, 2020 1:59 AM

He has meat curtains above his dick! Eww. So does Peg Bundy.

I need a mind rinse.

by Anonymousreply 20August 6, 2020 4:26 AM

Let’s not forget this hypocrite’s pool boy saga, yacht adventures and nudie pics.

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2020 6:36 PM

Gayface for days.

by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2020 6:40 PM

Evangelical Christians are despicable, hypocritical shitbags. Truly a blight on society. Bring back the lions and the Colosseum.

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2020 7:03 PM

Jerry's apology isn't the story.

The fact that he was SHITFACED DRUNK at 9AM when he made it is the story.

I think Jerry has a serious drinking problem.

You have to listen to the audio:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2020 7:18 PM

If they're a religious conservative, assume they're a demon.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2020 7:47 PM

Now there is footage of him with shirtless guys

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote] “And I’ve promised my kids I’m going to try to be — I’m gonna try to be a good boy from here on out.”

Who talks like that? "Try to be"? "Good boy"? Sounds half-assed and like this wasn't the first time and won't be the last.

My immediate gut feeling is that drinking alcohol is part of his problem.

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2020 7:53 PM

Link please, R26!

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2020 7:58 PM

Jerry, was your "wife's assistant" pregnant before or after the pic was taken?

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2020 7:58 PM

Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner winner chicken dinner @27.

Classic alky behavior.

by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2020 8:01 PM

Drunk AND gayvoice

by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2020 8:02 PM

"Partying with shirtless guys":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 6, 2020 8:03 PM

Hawt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2020 8:32 PM

He and his wife probably have regular 3ways with that broad in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 34August 6, 2020 8:34 PM

Interesting little video.

So this is what went on there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 6, 2020 8:34 PM

Racist, white trash. I wish that boat sunk.

by Anonymousreply 36August 6, 2020 8:51 PM

One of the shirtless guys is his son.

by Anonymousreply 37August 6, 2020 8:53 PM

Those are some fabulous costumes.

by Anonymousreply 38August 6, 2020 8:57 PM

[quote] One of the shirtless guys is his son.

Which one?

I think all of the younger guys are pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2020 10:12 PM

Scratch the surface of Cristo-Fascist pastor and you'll find a freak every time.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2020 10:47 PM

The yacht has been IDed.

The photo was taken in the master bedroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 7, 2020 3:31 PM

Falwell takes an "indefinite leave of absence" from Liberty University. Now he has plenty of time for swinging and drinking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 7, 2020 9:46 PM

I guess he doesn't have to be a "good boy" now, R42! The article points out that the leave of absence was not his idea, but was ordered by the board of trustees.

by Anonymousreply 43August 7, 2020 10:10 PM

Now he's free to cavort with boy whores!

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2020 12:12 AM

And to spend some quality time with the pool boy!

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2020 12:24 AM

He and Matt Gaetz can now go sailing with their "mentees."

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2020 1:07 AM

One Liberty graduate I met told me many guys would walk around the dorms buck naked, rooms, hallways, everywhere. I met another Liberty grad and I asked if it was true. He confirmed it was. He said they even wrestled naked.

Both men are married and have kids.

I find it all very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2020 3:09 AM

Are they embarrassed about having a degree from LU? Or any awareness that it's a worse than 4th rate school?

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2020 3:24 AM

zipper-dee-doo-dah

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2020 3:29 AM

[quote]Are they embarrassed about having a degree from LU? Or any awareness that it's a worse than 4th rate school?

If they had any awareness, would they have gone to Liberty University?

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2020 3:45 AM

He's obviously into the swinger lifestyle, right? Why can't these fuckers just start their own bukkake Sunday worship services and leave the rest of us the fuck alone?

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2020 3:48 AM

r50, I actually know someone who went to Liberty. He's gay but was deeply closeted /in denial at the time. A lot of the kids who go there are fundies who are pressured into going by their families

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2020 3:49 AM

Better be caught with a photo like this than a sex tape or some private IG story of his partaking in debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2020 3:50 AM

You know that they exist too R53. More likely with one of his hot, strapping, 20-something, muscular boyfriends (fill in the blank with pool boy, personal trainer or likely a new one by now). You don't just "get" hotels and mansions bought for you by Falwell Junior Mint for nothing. I think his substance abuse problems are ramping up and he is certainly getting sloppy - but deeper than that, someone has the real goods and is likely holding it over his head as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2020 3:57 AM

R50 - I imagine kids from fundie families aren't given much of a choice.

by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2020 4:01 AM

He always knew where to find the boys [quote]and[/quote] the booze.

by Anonymousreply 56August 8, 2020 4:18 AM

I agree with another poster who said/implied that Falwell may have leaked this himself- either because of being skunk drunk or a kind of wiley madness. Think about it. The rumors have been around for ages that Trump's fixer Cohen claims to have compromising videos of Falwell Jr. and his wife- supposedly the reason the evangelical leader threw his fervent support behind Trump to begin with. But as Trump has been unravelling and the exact nature of his betrayal is becoming closer to being disclosed, perhaps Falwell felt he could no longer afford to be under Trump's thumb any more. I'm not saying the man suddenly grew a conscience- more like he got cold feet and decided letting the public view a less " indiscreet" side of him would be the way to go. Anyway, it's a working theory- why post the damn thing to Twitter in the first place??

by Anonymousreply 57August 8, 2020 4:19 AM

[Quote]The rumors have been around for ages that Trump's fixer Cohen claims to have compromising videos of Falwell Jr. and his wife- supposedly the reason the evangelical leader threw his fervent support behind Trump to begin with.

Ack. No. This is the first time I've seen this. He's heavily compromised and knows it. LU knows it. I wonder what "it" is?🤔

by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2020 6:05 AM

The right and the left have different standards they are held up to. Basically the right can do anything, their bar is so low. how did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 59August 8, 2020 7:09 AM

Pathetic attempt to squelch gay/bi rumors.

by Anonymousreply 60August 8, 2020 7:15 AM

Stunning and brave

by Anonymousreply 61August 8, 2020 7:23 AM

R59 - and all the while they claim to be the party of God and family values, the "moral majority", the only party that loves Jesus and supports the church. Christians have been persecuted many times during history (well, when they were not busy slaughtering innocents in the name of the church on their crusades, etc.); I certainly can see the appeal. These disgusting people are the worst of worst hypocrites on earth. Bring back the Colosseum! I jest, but seriously these are repulsive people who are ruining the entire concept of religion for current and future generations. I do believe that one can be a Christian and NOT a Republican, but once you claim to be both - all bets are off and your lies are fully exposed. The two ideologies are diametrically opposed.

by Anonymousreply 62August 8, 2020 7:30 AM

These people use religion as a sword to harm and also use it as a shield to hide behind.

Their followers must face the fact that these so-called people with self-proclaimed authority are shameless scam artists who try to screw them over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 63August 8, 2020 8:08 AM

That’s me in the spotlight, losing my religion... I thought that I heard you laughing... I though that I heard you scream....

by Anonymousreply 64August 8, 2020 8:13 AM

Christians have nothing to do with the teachings of Christ. As He said, The Devil can quote scripture for his purpose.

by Anonymousreply 65August 8, 2020 1:16 PM

Is Jerry wearing HER panties in that pic?

Those don't look like men's underpants.

by Anonymousreply 66August 8, 2020 2:19 PM

R58, Michael Cohen has spoken about the business with the "racy photographs" and how they were used to secure Falwell's endorsement of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 8, 2020 3:01 PM

His wife is at least as big a freak as he is, to judge from the stories that came out after the pool boy photos surfaced. I suspect Jr liked to watch her get banged by the pool boy. But let's remember that all of these sexual shenanigans are enmeshed with financial shenanigans, e.g. the pool boy was set up with a motel to manage and so on.

by Anonymousreply 68August 8, 2020 3:09 PM

I’d bareback him... no questions asked

by Anonymousreply 69August 8, 2020 3:49 PM

A bunch of Blue Ridge hillbilly trash...that's all they are.

Good-looking sons? You gotta be kidding me. The men look like mentally deficient and inbred Barney Googles and Snuffy Smiths.

The women all look like Dolly Parton wannabes.

And I wouldn't be surprised if at this "costume party," it crossed the mind (as it is) of the yokel dressed in "urban street wear" to put on blackface.

by Anonymousreply 70August 8, 2020 5:54 PM

They’re both fat in the middle from covid quarantining.

He claimed she’s pregnant but that’s crap.

by Anonymousreply 71August 8, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]He claimed she’s pregnant but that’s crap.

She doesn't look pregnant in that photo, but in the video (which Jerry also yanked immediately), she is shown in profile and is definitely pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 72August 8, 2020 8:11 PM

Spitballing here. Jeffrey Epstein provided Trump and his attorney Michael Cohen with blackmail photos of Falwell Jr and his wife, with or without underage girls. The photos were described at r67 as "terrible."

Cohen contacted Falwell Jr., and blackmailed him into supporting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2020 4:18 AM

Why on earth would anyone think Falwell would have to be blackmailed to support Trump like the Falwells are some pious family? They're dirtbags. What's Franklin Graham's excuse for supporting Trump? Blackmailed, too? Pat Robertson? Blackmailed? Jim Bakker? Evangelicals are vile, immoral, racist, white trash. They need no pressure to support someone as vile as Trump.

Such nonsense. It's like the people who claim Trump is the way he is due to "mental illness" or dementia and essentially excusing his behavior. He has always been human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2020 4:26 AM

Ugh - he is SO the creepy every/guy at the bar.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2020 4:29 AM

R73, no one needs to blackmail a fundamentalist Christian to get them to support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote]no one needs to blackmail a fundamentalist Christian to get them to support Trump.

Not when the people who are gullible enough to send money to TV evangelists are all Trump-supporting deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2020 6:43 PM

Falwell is a cuck or a fag. Probably can't get it up unless there's another man in the room.

But he'll be back. Republicans put people on hiatus then bring them back when the stank clears.

by Anonymousreply 78August 10, 2020 1:09 AM

So was he fired today?

I thought I read something earlier about it.

by Anonymousreply 79August 10, 2020 10:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!