Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Drew Barrymore Show

Grins, smiles, giggles 'n laffs... and maybe a few tears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 30, 2020 11:44 AM

Well, now's the point where the years of drug and alcohol abuse would start showing the longterm effects. At least she enjoyed a 20 year run of relative normalcy.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 6:36 PM

How the flighty have fallen.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 7:49 PM

What is the demographic for this show??

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 8:07 PM

80s ladies, #3. The Millenniettes grew-up with her, through trials 'n tribulations.

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2020 9:14 PM

She looks so old in the local teasers.

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2020 9:16 PM

I like Drew. She's like the hippy girl next door. i think it will be a hit. some light-hearted approach to daytime is needed.

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2020 9:20 PM

Will the show have some sort of digital enhancement to reduce the bags and wrinkles around her eyes? I mean, if I want to see that, I have a mirror!

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2020 9:35 PM

I like her. She's quirky and perky.

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2020 9:42 PM

I thought this was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2020 9:45 PM

It can’t possibly be as bad as that Chevy Chase talk show.

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2020 9:48 PM

Unlike Ellen nobody has ever accused Drew of being anything but nice. I think she'll appeal to daytime viewers rethinking their devotion to miserable cunts.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2020 9:52 PM

I like her. I will never forget Drew in all of her 1990’s wild child glory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2020 9:57 PM

Did she ever get sober?

by Anonymousreply 13August 8, 2020 10:02 PM

Drew has 2 kids with her ex, who belongs to an affluent family from the east coast. If she weren't sober I doubt she'd have a shared custody agreement that allows the kids to reside with her on the west coast.

by Anonymousreply 14August 8, 2020 10:09 PM

[Quote] some light-hearted approach to daytime is needed.

Isn't that what Kelly is for??

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2020 5:57 AM

R13: CDAN blind from last week.

153 comments and almost all of them are saying Drew. I think she looks high in the promos that are airing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2020 11:02 PM

R13: CDAN blind from last week.

153 comments and almost all of them are saying Drew. I think she looks high in the promos that are airing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2020 11:02 PM

I seriously doubt a former alcoholic/drug addict would just suddenly return to the vices she successfully abandoned in her teens...and again in her 20s...and then in her 30s!

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2020 11:06 PM

Once a druggie always a druggie.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2020 11:25 PM

This is sad. She has spent years trying to convince herself and everyone else she could turn herself into a moderate drinker. I hope she can get sober for the long haul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 29, 2020 1:06 PM

Drew has been drinking for years and has been quite open about it. Weed too. I suppose it's possible she's stayed off the hard stuff, but...

by Anonymousreply 21August 29, 2020 1:13 PM

I remember photos of her smoking weed with Cameron Diaz. And she doesn't hide her drinking. But it's obviously not a great idea for a former addict.

by Anonymousreply 22August 29, 2020 11:56 PM

I feel like this is going to be a disaster.

But the Kelly Clarkson Show turned out to be pretty successful.

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2020 3:22 AM

How bad was the "boozy interview" she did on Cohen's show?

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2020 3:30 AM

Is grandpapa scheduled for a segment?

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2020 3:52 AM

Seeing this thread made me wonder what Tom Green is doing now so I looked at his Instagram. Is he sick again?

He looks terrible and he uploads these one-hour videos of himself wandering around the house alone. In the more recent ones he has a dog. I just skipped around through a few and stopped because they were giving me the heebie-jeebies.

I wouldn’t mind having his view though. It looks like he might live in one of the Cahuenga Pass Buff and Hensmans.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2020 4:45 AM

she's cute, zany. it might be fun.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2020 4:46 AM

Bye bye Ellen.

Hello Drew!!

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2020 5:18 AM

She'll be cancelled before Christmas. Just like Biden.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2020 5:23 AM

From the preview interviews with Gayle King and Andy Cohen Drew is doing okay. I pray that she gets a decent stylist by the time she hits the air in a couple weeks because, that antique Grandma Chic shyt she is wearing is not working!!

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2020 5:53 AM

She's entering the market at the perfect time. People have been nursing their nostalgia during the quarantine, and plus, Ellen and Wendy are toast. It will be interesting to see how she does compared to Kelly Clarkson, whom no one expected would do as well as she has. I think Drew is self deprecating enough to make it work. And she's nice, which Ellen and Wendy are not.

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2020 6:41 AM

There is no reason to ever turn on a television before 7:30 PM. That's how I was raised. These ladies can do whatever they do in the afternoon while others play Beat The Clock and High Rollers. What a waste of human energy. The television can be turned on at 7:30 but should be off by 10:00 PM. If there is a beauty pageant or Ken Burns documentary playing - it is then permissible to turn off at 11:00. News is never to be consumed through the television set. That is for the morning papers and weekly chronicles. Drew Barrymore has a lisp. Children should not be hearing lisping everyday while there mother frets about making dinner. When Alex Trebek dies, TV should need not be on before 8:00 PM.

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2020 6:49 AM

gags

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2020 6:58 AM

Quite, R32.

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2020 7:38 AM

She would've made a great talk show host in the early 90s...like a crazy and slutty Jenny Jones.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2020 11:52 AM

R32

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2020 2:14 PM

R32, how fucking old are you??! Mothers? Fretting? Dinners? Morning papers????

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2020 2:25 PM

That Tom Green thing was so weird. She has odd taste in men. The guitarist from Hole? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2020 3:54 PM

Link to the boozy interview she's ashamed of, please. I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2020 4:12 PM

Fabrizio was cute. But i found it weird how he went on to date Kristen Wiig after working with Drew on Whip It.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 3, 2020 1:05 AM

Do you think Drew is sweet crazy or demented crazy? I can't tell. She seems so sweet and loving and like someone who just bails out when things aren't feeling right with her spirit. But it's possible that she's kinda a raving Pisces like Liz and Liza. Pisces women are very good at the nobility game but very nasty and emasculating when they're on their drugs of choice. Drew talks about how all her friends are gay and drag queens, but she's looks 50 and has two kids. She seems to embrace whatever phase of life she is going through and commits to it. To her credit, she is disarming and honest sounding. That is part of the Pisces charm. But is she much different from other borderline chicks with money?

It's a huge myth that BPD can't hold jobs or make a home. They crave stability. Just can't maintain it forever. But if you have money - you just announce a new business or way of life or belief system or change out husbands. Move to another town. Fire your therapist. I suspect that Drew is not as great a mom as she believes she is. But she seems nice. Pisces are the most charming of signs. So disarming. They do tell the truth, but they have way more than one truth to tell.

by Anonymousreply 41September 3, 2020 1:14 AM

I overheard Fabrizio talking to a friend about Drew when they were dating, complaining that she was nuts and a pain in the ass—although he was willingly in a relationship with her.

by Anonymousreply 42September 3, 2020 1:29 AM

R42 he sounds like a real gem.

by Anonymousreply 43September 3, 2020 1:41 AM

Have you never been in any kind of relationship R43? What R42 relates is not exactly unusual stuff for a guy or girl to say to a friend about their mate. Not at all. That's what friends are for. I suspect that Drew is "nuts". With many redeeming qualities. She's had like 4 husbands and at least as many close calls. Not a stable woman. Mental illness does NOT get better. Most people get better at being mentally ill. What's your experience R43?

by Anonymousreply 44September 3, 2020 1:49 AM

R44 doesn't make what he said ok. And you're stance on people with mental illness is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 45September 3, 2020 8:49 AM

Set your VCR's and Betamax players. The real "queen of nice" arrives tomorrow! This mini doc on the making of the show tells how she got here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2020 12:40 AM

Why is it so hard to accept the party is over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2020 12:49 AM

Who thought this was a good idea? Isn't she making enough money from her makeup and home furnishings for Walmart? I like her. But not enough to listen to her interview people for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2020 12:58 AM

Debuts tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2020 2:00 AM

Seriously who the hell is the demographic for the show? There’s no way she should be hosting a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2020 4:10 AM

I think you’re all nuts I’d be shocked actually if this fails. She’s the perfect “queen of nice” and it’s coming at the perfect time (people in need of something light and harmless and...new), and perfect point in her career. I think she’s just the right kind of star and personality for a daytime talk show, and the type of people who watch daytime talk shows (women of a certain age group) LOVE her.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2020 5:14 AM

Unfortunately, this week promises a Charlie's Angels reunion (with guests Cameron Diaz and Lucy Liu), so of course I'm all in.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2020 10:06 AM

This is going to be a mess. What qualifies this woman to host a talk show?

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2020 10:16 AM

Letterman had her guest on his show all the time. Wonder if he'll return the favor?

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2020 10:27 AM

^^^ And he could climb up on top of her desk and flash her!

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2020 10:31 AM

Her onscreen persona in interviews is complete PHONINESS and is totally annoying. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2020 2:01 PM

Do YouTube views on her promos and making of videos mean anything? They're not embarrassingly low, but they're not very high either. I hope it's successful, I like Drew Barrymore, she protects her children from the industry, she doesn't want them getting into show business. It's difficult though, the kind of presence needed to be a successful host, getting the balance right can be tricky, especially for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2020 2:20 PM

^ actually, I take that last bit back, it's just about presence!

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2020 2:25 PM

something I'd do if I were on Drew's production team would be to advise her to wear her hair in some kind of up-do, just a little formality would really help, and she looks good with her hair up

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2020 2:29 PM

An updo would certainly ingratiate her with fraus. I guess there really is no icentive for her to remind anyone of her years as a party girl. Still, I hope her show isn't a bunch of Mary Sunshine positive good vibes bullshit.

Too bad she's not known to have any enemies who can appear for a reconcilation. Maybe her mom will make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2020 4:22 PM

I don't watch talk shows. Surprisingly, most of us are working during the day. But I would watch her over Ellen any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2020 5:31 PM

[quote]she's cute, zany. it might be fun.

This is the kind of thing they said when David Letterman started out with his morning talk show a billion years ago, but it bombed. He was entertaining, but it was too quirky for the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2020 6:37 PM

I expect the vicious queens of data lounge to chime in with their hate. Yes it started rough (bumpy monologue) But once Drew started connecting with the guests it worked well. She listens well and does not talk over guests, like so many do. The Cameron Diaz trick of not actually being in the studio was impressive. Was looking forward to this, and was not disappointed. VIVA LA DREW!

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2020 8:49 PM

Aw, I'm rooting for her. Can't imagine myself watching it though, unless it was someone really exciting as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2020 9:26 PM

R5, R7, and a dozen other posts. What is your obsession with Drew? If you hate her that much, what is your strange childish obsession?

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2020 9:29 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2020 9:37 PM

r63, I saw a clip of the Angels 2000 reunion, Drew has a really relaxing voice, I like the wavy hair, I love the colour scheme of the set, I can actually see this working!

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2020 9:40 PM

for anyone who ever saw the film 50 first dates, this was sweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2020 9:53 PM

Day 3 Drew will have a heart to heart with Miss Jane Fonda!

Ck your local listings

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2020 6:14 AM

Has Drew ever considered a remake of "Riding the Bus With My Sister"?

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2020 6:17 AM

What d'you think, I had to mute a few times because I found Drew's gushing to be a bit much, even though I do think she's sincere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2020 4:19 PM

She has beautiful eyes and lovely facial responses. She's very genuine. Great makeup. But I lasted 10 minutes. She's way too hyper and her voice is annoying - she's so emotive and scratchy sounding. Like a teen girl pleading with her parents. And her signature "thank yew" accent. She started the show talking about how she pulled an all nighter because her daughter couldn't poop. And with coffee mug in hand - that story and it's excruciating details became her monologue. No thank yew, Drew. I'm sure you're a lovely person and a great judy, as Rupaul would say.

Her show will be done before 2021.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2020 7:30 PM

I love her. I've always loved her. I've met her several times over the years at HRC events and fundraisers and she's a total doll. Beguiling and disarming in person. Feel like you're talking to your long-lost best friend. On the second occasion of our meeting, she remembered my name and told me she'd read a book I'd recommended (This is Where I Leave You by J Tropper) and loved it and we talked about it for about twenty minutes before she was politely ushered away.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]Day 3 Drew will have a heart to heart with Miss Jane Fonda!

Hollywood royalty meets Hollywood royalty!

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2020 8:31 PM

Jane Fonda?😴😴 I'd rather see Courtney Love on her show.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2020 3:45 AM

Hopefully Jaid Barrymore stumbles on set a few times.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2020 3:53 PM

Are there enough "celebrities" today to keep this going? Hollywood is dead, and pop music is rap crap.

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2020 5:03 PM

Unlike a lot of talk show hosts she's not having to pay her dues by booking a bunch of B-, C-, and D-listers. Her guests this first week have been better than what Kelly Clarkson can land...certainly on par with Ellen. I just don't see her committing to a talk show for more than a few years. She kind of seems like because she likes to talk, is excissively positive, and knows a lot of famous people she thought she'd be a good talk show host. The whole thing gives off a strong odor of "Bored Wealthy Woman Looking for a Sense of Purpose." It doesn't help her guests are only showing up to support a friend.

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2020 8:29 PM

[quote]What d'you think, I had to mute a few times because I found Drew's gushing to be a bit much, even though I do think she's sincere

The gushing continues. Gushing is exhausting to witness.

My mind wandered off just a few minutes into this, the first clip I've seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2020 9:16 PM

Charlize did her own make up, one presumes.

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2020 9:17 PM

I was the one who said Drew has a relaxing voice, she does when she's just quietly introducing a guest, not overly fussy - then the gushing starts, someone on her team should have a word with her about that. Limited in studio appearances from guests don't help, plus no audience - I haven't even given any of the established talk show hosts the time of day now they're missing an audience.

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2020 10:12 PM

Her "listhp"is annoying as fúck.

Did she get it from a stroke she possibly had as a kid from doing too many drugs?

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2020 10:16 PM

I just watched parts of her Theron interview, she's already improving from the Fonda interview, it's all new, I'm back to being optimistic again, and I've changed my mind on the audience again, and I just love the set. She needs fewer A-listers, mix it up, source from New York (if that's where the main studio is), drag your guests in studio

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote]then the gushing starts, someone on her team should have a word with her about that.

Yeah, they're called producers.

They probably think that's who she is and how cute.

It's very American, all that "oh my gad I luuurve you!"

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2020 10:23 PM

She has no depth. She's an overgrown baby. The gushing and over- enthusing aint goin nowhere. This is a gurlie show, for gurls and maybe a few OMG I lurve her gays.

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2020 10:26 PM

Agreed R85. Drew's a sweetie but I'd cut a convo short with her in a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2020 10:32 PM

R85 but that’s most of America. They LOVE all that and she’s perfect for it.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2020 10:41 PM

This show is gonna kick ATH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2020 10:42 PM

R79 Charlize looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2020 12:46 AM

Charlize has never shared any insight or compassion for Aileen Wuornos. Again in this interview she vaguely referred to that role as a woman with an arm growing out of her face. She practically did a Trump like mocking of people with mental deformities. I've always found this fascinating about the very cold Theron. Most actresses when they win Oscars for playing a real person, good or bad - have something to say about their interpretation or understanding of the subject. Insight into their pain, or charity toward those they damaged. Charlize never mentioned Aileen Wuornos in any acceptance speech, far as I remember. Now that could be a political move during award season, but I always found it odd - considering that Charlize murdered her own father.

by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2020 1:01 AM

Charlize is a cunt. I would rather watch someone call her a nasty cunt than gush over her for 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 91September 18, 2020 2:46 AM

2 White Chicks Who Can't Keep A Man

by Anonymousreply 92September 18, 2020 6:17 AM

I don't think Charlize wants a man...

by Anonymousreply 93September 18, 2020 7:44 AM

[Quote] but I always found it odd - considering that Charlize murdered her own father.

I thought it was her mother??

by Anonymousreply 94September 18, 2020 8:25 AM

Good gracious, I watched yesterday and Drew was so manic. Calm down girl.

by Anonymousreply 95September 18, 2020 9:18 AM

R94, I've always gotten "Mildred Pierce" vibes from Charlize and her mom. There's the story she reluctantly tells about what happened, and then there's the truth. Only she and her mom know for sure what happened.

by Anonymousreply 96September 18, 2020 1:53 PM

Week two of DREW is coming at YOU!

by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2020 6:22 AM

It can’t be worse than the Chevy Chase show.

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2020 7:15 AM

So if you had to choose between Kelly and Drew....?

by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2020 9:19 AM

I think this should only be a 30-minute show. It's A LOT to take for an hour...and I'm a fan.

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2020 9:59 AM

She almost single-handedly ruined Donnie Darko. She’s that lousy an actress.

by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2020 10:20 AM

“2 White Chicks Who Can't Keep A Man”

Thanks for checking in from the 50s. What would wealthy women need a man for, let alone try to “keep” one?

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2020 10:49 AM

She’s shit as a host. Her mouth is always wide open in photos. Her gushing is unwatchable. She’s a moron.

by Anonymousreply 103September 21, 2020 11:15 AM

In ops description, she sounds like a toddler. Her baby act is old.

by Anonymousreply 104September 21, 2020 11:38 AM

R102 Most women need a man (or think they do), even wealthy ones. They will put up with almost anything rather than be alone.

by Anonymousreply 105September 21, 2020 12:10 PM

Why is Drew always doing new shit to make money? Is she broke? Makeup, furniture, wine, talk show. Does she need the attention? It makes her seem thirsty. Take a cue from your friend Cameron, Drew, and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 106September 21, 2020 12:44 PM

I forgot to mention her production company featuring herself in all starring roles. What happened to that?

by Anonymousreply 107September 21, 2020 1:06 PM

I wonder if she'll ever direct again?? I love Whip It.

by Anonymousreply 108September 21, 2020 1:14 PM

The office staff will pine for the days of gentle understanding Ellen as boss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 21, 2020 1:52 PM

I watched part of her show with Jane Fonda. I loved Drew but she is exhausting to listen to after a few minutes. I agree: 1/2 hour show would be better.

by Anonymousreply 110September 21, 2020 2:12 PM

Do you think you need a slight mean streak to be a successful talk show host? Maybe Drew is just too nice, maybe she'll need to develop some aloofness if she wants to stay on the air.

by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2020 2:26 PM

and the balance for daytime is a whole other thing, obviously Ellen made it look easier than it was

by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2020 2:30 PM

Oh, Ellen is back! I thought her show had been cancelled, but her new monologue's on YT now

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2020 2:35 PM

The Ricky Lake Show was really popular in the Nineties, and nobody expected that to succeed either. Agree with the other commenters saying a 30 minute format might be better suited to Drew’s personality and temperament.

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2020 3:32 PM

Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones weren't great personalities but they managed not to get in the way of their own shows' raison d'etre. What is the raison d'etre of Drew' s show?

by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2020 4:03 PM

Drew's raison d'etre for having a talk show: She's a talkative rich white woman with famous friends. She probably took it seriously when people have told her she's a good listener, or a gifted storyteller. If she's not outright cancelled I'm willing she gets bored after a couple of months and pulls the plug.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2020 6:14 PM

She has a good reputation for being professional.

by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]So if you had to choose between Kelly and Drew....?

Never mind that Kelly is already a hit. She does something like this everyday. Clarkson is hyper and talks a lot too - but she's a woman, not a 45 year old girl. Drew is a nice person, but a useless "talent." She can't do real topics and she can only gush on the carpet about celebrities. Datalounge uses the word Frau a lot. Took me years to understand what it was supposed to mean. DREW BARRYMORE is a frau. Her audience would probably like something a bit better from her. Nice wardrobe and makeup though.

Kelly Clarkson is sincere with no edge too. But her heart is on the line. Her sincerity includes some darker self reflection and real power and a GREAT talent. I don't like afternoon talk. The people who do - will have to change the channel on Drew. She's a pretty silly human being. They might feel guilty, but she's unrelatable and quite annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 22, 2020 12:45 AM

Little girl lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 22, 2020 1:10 AM

That's the thing^. Drew had a horrible mother. But her mother gave her everything she became and she didn't exactly sell her into prostitution. It's pretty fucked up - but when you are arrogant enough to write your autobiography at 15 years old and talk about all your drug problems - it can't be from a healed perspective. She was just further exploiting herself. And her self discovery was that of a precocious 15 year old. Pretty much the same as she is now. All the things she lists about what she doesn't like about her appearance in the interview at R119, are pretty common things to a lot of teenagers. Drew has always been emotionally facile and articulate. She's a pisces. It's a hallmark. But she's had another 30 years of fuck ups and revelations and personal discovery since then. Fine. But they are not all major announcements. Liza and Liz were both Pisces too - given to pronouncing new LOVES and phases and changes to their LIFE. A new MAN. A brave new MOVIE. A Passion For AIDS and PERFUME! Only to slip back or enter a new phase of dependence or abuse. It was mostly sincere, but never very grown up.

Happiness is a quiet thing. When it's real in love, parenthood or in self discovery - you don't go on endless interviews and magazine covers to proclaim it. Drew is an emotional lightweight. Just like Liza and Liz??? No doubt she's a good friend. But she has nothing of value to say to the general public. She's not a 25 year old flashing her native intelligence and perfect tits anymore. She seems like she's benefitted from lots of money and lowbrow success. It's been very good to her. She's still a nice girl with a trail of forgotten failures. But what does "nice" mean in this context? Stupid, naive, unwilling to accept how you hurt others and fail yourself? She's 45, but not a grown woman. Her personality and earnestness and gushing glee is too old and stale. Like Liz & Liza. Become a woman dammit. Stop yelping how wonderful the sunrise is or pointing out how heartbreaking the night becomes. Write some bad poetry Drew.

I suspect she does.

by Anonymousreply 120September 22, 2020 2:02 AM

Drew had a perfume line.

by Anonymousreply 121September 22, 2020 3:05 AM

R119 Damm Oprah did not hold back. Seems like she was harsher on Drew than her mother.

by Anonymousreply 122September 22, 2020 3:07 AM

Drew actually has a really good makeup line. They stopped selling it at Walmart for some damn reason.

by Anonymousreply 123September 22, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote] Drew actually has a really good makeup line. They stopped selling it at Walmart for some damn reason

You can order it online

by Anonymousreply 124September 22, 2020 3:16 AM

She smells like flowers!!!

by Anonymousreply 125September 22, 2020 3:36 AM

(R124) yeah, I know. Her eyeliner is really good. Sometimes it's nice to actually see it up close. But I will be buying it online.

by Anonymousreply 126September 22, 2020 3:37 AM

R123 i like her blending sponge and heard her foundation isn't half bad.

by Anonymousreply 127September 22, 2020 3:41 AM

[quote] Why is Drew always doing new shit to make money? Is she broke? Makeup, furniture, wine, talk show. Does she need the attention? It makes her seem thirsty. Take a cue from your friend Cameron, Drew, and call it a day

Irony upon irony, Cameron has come out with her own line of wines. She touts them as "clean", wellness wines.

And come to find out, it's not a "clean" wine. But people are happy to toss their money away on this and it's supposedly selling well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2020 3:50 AM

I guess it's just something that over 40-year-old actresses are doing. Makeup, perfume, home furnishings, clothing line, vagina candle. Goop, bitch Reese, Catherine Zeta Jones, etc. Gives them something to do. Remember they have nannies to raise the kids. And they have to maintain their lifestyle. And it's not like a bunch of producers are banging down their doors for roles. Maybe Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2020 3:57 AM

r129 don't forget cookbooks!

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2020 4:01 AM

And the sexiest one of all is doing a cooking show. Delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2020 4:05 AM

Sharon Stone hasn't made a buck in 30 years from a film, but you don't see her on QVC selling boyfriend shirts and mock neck Ts. Neither does Aniston or Julia Roberts or Streep or Judi Dench. It's not required. Those other bitches are just greedy and like to see their name on things. When Paula Abdul had her reality show it was hilarious when she went to sell her line on QVC. She had never seen "her" jewelry collection before in her life. She was just picking stuff out for herself that she liked.

Do some well paid Jap commercials ladies and some tasteful print modelling. That's how the classier actresses do it.

by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2020 4:05 AM

Although she was never an amazing actress, Drew was good in Grey Gardens and seemed to make a bid to be a dramatic actress and expand her horizons. But she didn't really pursue it or it didn't pursue her.

I just can't see this show going past one season.

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2020 4:09 AM

Jennifer Aniston pushes perfume, Aveeno, and bottled water.

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2020 4:11 AM

Drew releases a lot of aerosols when she gushes. I am worried for Christian Siriano.

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2020 4:11 AM

This Drew Barrymore talk show thing is an indulgent, Covid-era, time-passing confection. No longevity.

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2020 4:19 AM

I tried to watch her first week but could never get past five minutes at a time of any episode. She has the vocal and emotional mannerisms of a 10 year old. What's up with that?

Maybe the old story that girls' voices never develop after their first molestation is true.

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2020 4:33 AM

I love Drew and I will stand by her on this Epic talk-show Journey, 43 minutes with commercials is just fine for me.

Her conversation with Paris Hilton today was deep and insightful.

Drew asks good questions, and is good at listening.

I'll forgive her gushing fangirl with some guests and the Drew's News segment.

After years of vicious bitches like Ellen and Wendy, I'm glad Drew is here and I hope she makes it.

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2020 4:33 AM

[Quote] I guess it's just something that over 40-year-old actresses are doing. Makeup, perfume, home furnishings, clothing line, vagina candle. Goop, bitch Reese, Catherine Zeta Jones, etc.

Excuse you, i'm only 39.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2020 5:07 AM

The new trend in talk shows is you have to have convulsions and orgasms the entire time the celeb is in your presence. You know everything they've ever done and it's all incredible.

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2020 6:06 AM

gags, so annoying, cance asap !!!

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2020 6:17 AM

Hi! I'm here and I'm fun! I'll just stand here and bask in your applause because you know who I am! [clumsily dances around]

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2020 6:20 AM

[quote]Her conversation with Paris Hilton today was deep and insightful.

Now THERE'S a sentence you don't hear every day!

by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2020 4:52 PM

Why isn't this available in my area yet? (Midwest.)

by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2020 5:07 PM

Big ratings in important markets. Beat Kelly and Ryan in NY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2020 5:10 PM

R145 I’m not at all surprised. I told y’all fraus would eat this up.

Came at the perfect time, too.

by Anonymousreply 146September 22, 2020 5:23 PM

[quote]Why isn't this available in my area yet? (Midwest.)

Midwest? Well, that really narrows it down.

by Anonymousreply 147September 22, 2020 5:23 PM

Today, Drew's guest is the woman responsible for all this 40-something actress bullshit we're suffering through: Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 148September 22, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote]Big ratings in important markets. Beat Kelly and Ryan in NY.

This is just the beginning of week 2. Let's see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 149September 22, 2020 8:42 PM

R140 Jimmy Fallon started that trend. I'm sure David Letterman is turning in his grave. Just jumping in there once in awhile and rolling around. Getting it situated and stuff. But seriously, it's exhausting. Too. Much. Spazzy. Energy.

by Anonymousreply 150September 24, 2020 1:33 AM

Have those "few tears" been shed yet? Or still only tears of manic joy?

by Anonymousreply 151September 24, 2020 1:36 AM

Of course Drew isnt "normal" ! How could she be ? Shes been in Hollyweird since she was like 5 . No one could survive that unscathed .

by Anonymousreply 152September 24, 2020 1:48 AM

God I love her.

Sad when she added that screamer Ross Mathews with an Emmy report tho.

The manic energy was just too much

by Anonymousreply 153September 24, 2020 6:59 AM

SHE IS repulsive and boring

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 154September 24, 2020 10:21 AM

Not at all relatable.

Of course, I sold Kelly Clarkson short because she was originally unprepared for the role. But her relatability saved her while she grew into it. Hard not to like her. That’s so important in daytime. It’s why people like Katie Couric failed.

by Anonymousreply 155September 24, 2020 12:58 PM

Drew is a disaster in this show. She acts the same way her character did in that movie never been kissed. It might’ve worked for a romantic comedy but it doesn’t work for a talk show. She is no Tamron Hall.

by Anonymousreply 156September 24, 2020 1:47 PM

May she be cancelled by monday.....she drips fake juice profusely..

by Anonymousreply 157September 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Drew seems to have arrested development. She’s like a ten year old with ADHD

by Anonymousreply 158September 24, 2020 1:52 PM

Straw poll:

Who was the definitive Amy Fisher? Drew Barrymore, Alyssa Milano, or Noelle Parker?

by Anonymousreply 159September 24, 2020 5:29 PM

Noelle Parker. May her career rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 160September 25, 2020 12:16 AM

r11 I can attest to that, I worked on Never Been Kissed and Drew was very hands on throughout the whole process. She spoke to anyone and everyone. She was very appreciative and the tiniest details touched and thrilled her right down to the things you never really see on camera like the details in her characters house. She actually got a little choked up when she walked into the set to film seeing what she had only imagined in front of her.

Very sweet girl.

by Anonymousreply 161September 25, 2020 12:23 AM

R161, was Michael Vartan as hot in real life as he was onscreen?

by Anonymousreply 162September 25, 2020 1:51 AM

You did not work with Drew R161. (we know who you are) D Barrymore gets choked up at a leaf falling. Sweet girl, nobody argues that. But she's a bad actress and has the profile of a witch. And ex husbands well paid not to say anything. She's a good person, but not sane of course. A lot of issues.

But there was that one dark comedy with the other ugly one......Ben Stiller. That was funny. When they buy the townhouse with an upstairs tenant. Drew was good in that - she doesn't do all that Drew Barrymore shit. And the old lady was hilarious. It's a better than average black comedy. The name escapes me.

Her talk show will be gone by January. She would never have stayed with it beyond 2 years anyway. Curious chick. Likable. Sweet. R161 once claimed to have worked with her.

by Anonymousreply 163September 25, 2020 3:33 AM

why does she act like a toddler on meth????

pass

by Anonymousreply 164September 25, 2020 9:10 AM

Tom Green was on the show as a (virtual) guest

by Anonymousreply 165September 25, 2020 4:01 PM

R165 was the Chad great??

by Anonymousreply 166September 25, 2020 4:30 PM

As in her ex husband?

by Anonymousreply 167September 25, 2020 5:11 PM

R167 it's a Charlie's Angels reference.

by Anonymousreply 168September 25, 2020 5:22 PM

r116, I knew Drew was emotional when she got choked up and started saying "I celebrate you" (how LA, right?!) to Tom, anyway it sort of felt like we shouldn't have been watching them, I think they were both holding back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 25, 2020 6:12 PM

^ whoops, that was to r166

by Anonymousreply 170September 25, 2020 6:13 PM

I have NEVER gotten the appeal of Tom Green . Not for one second. Ugly,not funny,dumb,etc,etc.

by Anonymousreply 171September 25, 2020 8:00 PM

Week 3 starts Monday!

I accept her as Queen of daytime, far and above howdy y'all Kelly Clarkson.

by Anonymousreply 172September 25, 2020 8:59 PM

Bites the Big One.

by Anonymousreply 173September 25, 2020 9:04 PM

I feel like this is a lot of work for her, very all-consuming--and her kids are still really young. It feels like such weird timing for her. Could not she have waiting a few more years? Those girls are wittle. Who is raising them now?

by Anonymousreply 174September 25, 2020 11:41 PM

Unlike Ellen, Drew doesn't beat us.

by Anonymousreply 175September 25, 2020 11:41 PM

Is drew a fucked up mother? Not around, not present? Idk, just a bad vibe I get from her as a mother.

What’s her dark side? Substance abuse?

by Anonymousreply 176September 26, 2020 12:07 AM

Nobody asked for this.

by Anonymousreply 177September 26, 2020 12:14 AM

r162 To me he looked too thin in real life but still very attractive in the face.

r169 Drew is emotional and sincere and she really loves working. Unlike a lot of people in the business you can tell she enjoys producing and she wanted everyone to join in having that fun. I don't know if she's still a drunk in real life or not but I can say for certain what you see is what you get. But I should also say I haven't worked with her since that one film so she could have changed because sometimes people do.

by Anonymousreply 178September 26, 2020 12:41 AM

Drew with Julianne Moore today completely epic

by Anonymousreply 179September 29, 2020 12:01 AM

Julianne Moore is a gusher too. I'm not a fan of girls who never become women. Their work as actresses is a different story. I'm a fan of Moore's work. But she's a silly person.

by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Why did Drew and Tom breakup/divorce? I remember seeing them in the media all the time and then just one day, it was over COMPLETELY - as if he never existed

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2020 2:21 AM

R181 I think that Drew Barrymore is in love with love. And in love with the IDEA of marriage, commitment, true love, soul mates, etc.

But then when marriage happens, and the fantasy becomes reality, it makes her feel very claustrophobic. And suddenly, all she wants to do is get out of the box she is trapped in.

She's been married three times. Once, for two months, ones for nine months and once for two years. So...yeah. I don't think she can handle the reality of that magnitude of commitment.

by Anonymousreply 182September 29, 2020 3:05 AM

[quote] But then when marriage happens, and the fantasy becomes reality, it makes her feel very claustrophobic. And suddenly, all she wants to do is get out of the box she is trapped in.

Replace the word 'marriage' with anything else and you've described me to a T

by Anonymousreply 183September 29, 2020 3:15 AM

R183 It's called "attachment issues." You probably have an "avoidant" attachment style wherein, when things get too real, too intimate, you feel trapped and you gotta bounce.

by Anonymousreply 184September 29, 2020 3:27 AM

Ohmygad!

Philosophy Drew.

and it's all about her KIDZ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 29, 2020 5:10 AM

Well Drew has said that she will never get married again. I think that's a wise decision on her part.

by Anonymousreply 186September 29, 2020 11:43 AM

R185 I heart philosophy Drew!

At least she is kind, energetic, and engaging.

Unlike like those bitter fake hags Elbet and Wendell .

by Anonymousreply 187September 30, 2020 7:20 AM

Ratings are down from 800k the first week to 500k.

by Anonymousreply 188October 14, 2020 11:23 AM

In any clips I e seen, Drew behaves as a guest and the guests then become the host. It’s not a good show. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 189October 14, 2020 12:57 PM

I tried watching this once. I think she's genuine, but had I not known who she is I would have thought she was being fake and her voice made it worse

Every single thing she talked about was "OMG!!!!!"

Everyone and everything are sooooooooooooooo WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and FABULOUS!!!!!!! and MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like I was watching a SNL skit

by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2020 1:44 AM

SNL actually did do a skit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2020 5:06 AM

R188 I love Drew .

I know she's not for everyone , but after the anger and fakery of Ellen and Wendy, this is a breath of fresh air.

Is there somewhere I can go online to keep an eye on the ratings for her show?

I really hope she makes it.

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2020 6:41 AM

Don’t know where you can find them but the site below has been following them. Prognosis not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2020 8:47 AM

she needs to fire her stylist, they are lying to her.

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2020 8:50 AM

She will lose interest within a year anyway, like she does with a lot of things

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2020 1:35 PM

She needs to go back to her shorter, baby blonde hair. I know she has aged since then, but that color and cut worked best on her.

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2020 9:16 PM

r196 she said really likes her hair blonde but she doesn't want to deal with the maintenance of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 15, 2020 9:46 PM

????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 15, 2020 10:28 PM

????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2020 10:29 PM

Thank you R188/R193

Henry Winkler was on today I loved their conversation.

Like I said I hope she makes it.

I'm a fan, will watch till the end.

by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2020 8:07 AM

She is insufferable. SNL nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2020 5:35 PM

Hair bleach is her best friend

by Anonymousreply 202October 19, 2020 1:47 AM

Me also, delighted she is on the to be cancelled list...she too adderally fer me.

by Anonymousreply 203October 19, 2020 1:55 AM

She has the Barrymore profile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 19, 2020 2:07 AM

#Save Drew

The true queen of nice!

by Anonymousreply 205October 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Team Drew Forever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 25, 2020 6:11 AM

Our Drew is a work in progress. She lays it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 27, 2020 8:27 AM

Listhen, I'm juth tho excited to be doing thith show

Now, leth's do some crafths!

And later, I'll do thome scenes from Grey Gardens!

by Anonymousreply 208October 27, 2020 9:00 AM

When i hear her sweeeeet voice i cant switch the channel fast enuf !!

by Anonymousreply 209October 29, 2020 1:03 PM

Great article breaking down The Drew Barrymore Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 30, 2020 9:17 AM

[quote] I love Drew ....but after the anger and fakery of Ellen and Wendy, this is a breath of fresh air.

THIS + 1

by Anonymousreply 211October 30, 2020 11:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!