Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bob’s Burgers

This is one of the funniest shows on TV, anyone else watch it? If you haven’t, try it. It even has lots of 80’s references for the older DataLounge crowd, and a character voiced by Megan Mullally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2020 7:12 PM

Tina is the funniest character on TV.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 3:37 PM

It’s genius. The last network show I actually watch.

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 3:38 PM

It’s such a good show

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 3:39 PM

My favorite BB song, sung by Megan Mullally and Kevin freakin' Kline, of all people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 3:42 PM

Sometimes Teddy gets to be a bit too much, otherwise, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2020 3:48 PM

Nah, R4. The best is this one sung by Todrick Hall:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 7:16 AM

I'm obsessed with boy crazy Tina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 7:37 AM

R7 I'm watching this episode right now. Sugar cookies!

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 7:40 AM

With what show is it comparable? Community?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 7:50 AM

A consistently great show, but the 3 different episodes featuring boyband Boyz 4 Now are my favourites!

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 7:59 AM

As a freelance artist, I just CAN'T with the bland, unappealing character design and layout - imagine being one of the "animators" of this dreck. Christ! John Kricfalusci was a total perv, but at least Ren and Stimpy had visual appeal - much like old Tex Avery, et al, cartoons back in the day - and didn't rely totally on dialogue for its audience engagement, coupled with redundant, boring visuals. I think I would probably gouge my eyes out if I were assigned to work on shit like this. To be fair, though - that's a problem most television animation in general nowadays. Plus, the writing is too safe, self-awarely "clever", and twee/cutesy for my tastes. South Park is not much better visually, but at least they own it, and the writing is ballsy and subversive. Fuck this shit, fuck Family Guy, American Dad, the Bronies, all that shit. You want some good cartoons? Get stoned and watch some Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 9:24 AM

My girlfriend loves it

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 9:48 AM

There's one episode where one of the kids writes a musical based on Die Hard (or is it Working Girl?? Or both????), and I thought that was genius. I could watch that episode over and over.

Also the obsession with the kid next door (Jimmy Jr?) is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 9:50 AM

Love the show except Aunt Gayle, real fingernails on a chalkboard that one. The situations she gets the family into are just too OTT. Mr. Frond, Hugo, Marshmallow, that crazy mean old lady who runs the art supply store are all terrific. Mr. Fishodor!!! Of course, the special burger of the day sign is a star in its own right.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 10:09 AM

The Thanksgiving song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2020 12:07 PM

Best line: "You're gonna need a bigger hat!"

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2020 12:19 PM

I'm a huge Tori Amos fan, and I cracked up so much at their Tabitha Johansson character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2020 12:30 PM

I love the show and the bits of inclusiveness are heartwarming (Bob's dad's burger shop is next door to a gay bar -- and I love the other gay bars that pop up: Bear Trap and the Clam Shack) BUT it was funnier the first couple of seasons when it was a bit more irreverent and adult-oriented. I still think it's the best animated show on tv right now.

[quote]Die Hard (or is it Working Girl?? Or both????)

"Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl!" Great episode.

I

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2020 12:49 PM

[quote] Tina is the funniest character on TV.

She's worthy of her own spin-off show. I hate Gene and Louise. Every line is screamed and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2020 1:17 PM

I love it. The only character I can’t stand is Gene. I love the little songs; my favorite is “Quickie Kiss It”.

I can’t tell if LInda is supposed to be good-looking or not.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 2:08 PM

Tina is the best! I think she grew up to be Martha on "Baskets" (Martha Kelly) - same voice, same deadpan character. The 'burger of the day' sign is always good for a laugh. I also like the health inspector who crushes on Linda and hates Bob and the mortician neighbor.

I can't stand the Gayle (Megan Mullaley) character. Her voice is grating and the storylines are stupid not funny. I avoid all of them in repeats.

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2020 2:18 PM

Been a big fan of John Roberts (voice of Linda) for ages -- and I love that they've peppered some lines from his old videos on the show. "If it says 'tree' on it, it's decorations. It comes down." If you've never seen his videos, you're in for a treat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2020 2:36 PM

R22 - his “Mother’s Day” is absolute genius. Met him at a party once years ago and happily told him so.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2020 2:39 PM

I used to be an Alancoholic, but now I’m a BooBoo Boster.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2020 2:42 PM

I also love the Thanksgiving episode where Bob keeps ruining the turkey and the deli guy thinks Bob's doing it on purpose cause he has a crush on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2020 2:46 PM

Part of what’s so funny about that is Bob is genuinely tempted.

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2020 2:52 PM

No, the best line is when Bob and the kids go to a frathouse and Tina says "This is the biggest mancave ever and Tina's going spelunking"

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2020 2:52 PM

Is Gene a budding homosexual or just a scat freak?

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2020 2:56 PM

Oh come on, R21. Art Crawl and The Gayle Tales were great.

Tina: Gayle, pass the bread

Gayle: Sorry, but I'm far too shy

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2020 2:59 PM

Spotify has the album up if you want to hear the songs. I guess I'm in the minority because I like Gayle. Zeke is the one I can't stand.

My favorite quote is: "Channel 6 news, they'll finger anything with a pulse." Bob: "Gene it's their finger is on the pulse."

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2020 3:07 PM

I love that Gene is allowed to say beef curtains, once a year, on his birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2020 3:15 PM

Some of the exchanges are hilarious. Like the one where Tina hurt her foot and has to use the robot to go to school and they ask her to turn to the left and she just turns her head.

Mr. Frond: "Sorry a smarter kid didn't get injured."

Tina: "You know we can hear you, Mr. Frond."

Linda: "I know a guidance counselor who's about to get injured."

The Shining episode was great.

And of course DL fav Cyndi Lauper made a guest appearance in the "The Belchies" spoof of the The Goonies singing the theme song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2020 3:20 PM

The best line from Mr. Frond was when he and Bob were being held hostage at the bank and Frond gets nervous and wants out:

Frond: "Women and children should be released!"

Bob: "You're not a woman, Frond"

Frond: "I will tuck my junk so fast!"

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2020 3:24 PM

"Bend your knees and shake that pudding"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2020 3:30 PM

Linda sounds so much like Miss Coco Peru.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2020 3:38 PM

The Deli guy is voiced by Tuc Watkins.

I love the mean and bitchy librarian voiced by Billy Eichner.

One of my favorites is the mock trial episode where Louise has to defend Mr. Frond but the episode starts with a different trial and Louise asks for a retrial because the jury is biased against her client, because she's named the EVIL Queen.

Love their Meerkat Manor spoof Linda loves to watch (which is her watching racoons in the alley from outside the kitchen window).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2020 4:19 PM

The "gonna need a bigger hat" line is from the episode when Bob drives a taxi to pay for Tina's birthday party and ends up driving transvestite prostitutes. Another great exchange from that episode:

"Why do the call you Marshmallow?"

"Because if you show me a sweet potato pie I am ON it."

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2020 6:51 PM

I've never seen it. Based on photos I've seen of the characters, I'm going to assume it's about a Greek family who runs a greasy burger joint.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2020 6:54 PM

Another thing I love is when the kids are telling their Frond stories. Gene's takes place at the Fart School for the Gifted, or something along those lines. In the skit they have Frond portrayed as the bitch teacher from Rock and Roll High School(don't know her name).

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote] Based on photos I've seen of the characters, I'm going to assume it's about a Greek family who runs a greasy burger joint.

There is an episode where Teddy refers to Bob as having "Mediterranean blood" and Bob says he doesn't, so not Greeks. Just swarthy.

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2020 6:57 PM

Kevin Kline is awesome in it.

And the twins are hilarious. The Silverman sisters are great.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2020 6:59 PM

Tammy is the MVP of the show.

And I love Zeke if only because I love the way Tina excitedly greets Jimmy Jr. then says Zeke with disgust.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2020 7:04 PM

I love it

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2020 7:07 PM

I like Zeke's uncontrollable crush on Jimmy Jr.; always wanting to wrassle him to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2020 7:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!