Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I was asked to a birthday party tomorrow night

It was going to be outdoors on a covered porch, but I asked how many people would be there, and when the hostess said twelve I told her that was too many for me (I am at high risk if I get COVID), and that I would try to see her by herself later in the week.

She just texted me back and says she wants to have the guests come in shifts (a few at a time) which she will space out. That sounds really weird to me. Will I give offense if I just say "I'll just see you later this week when you're more free"? It's her 40th birthday, but I just don't think people should be having parties right now.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 6:24 AM

Punch & delete if she's offended that you don't want to jeopardize your health to attend her birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 6:07 AM

"I like you. I love breathing."

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 6:15 AM

I would just tell her the truth, you already have risk factors if you do get Covid. Tell her you'd like to see her to acknowledge her 40th birthday, but maybe later or in a smaller group.

I just got tested for Covid and am in quarantine until I get results. It's disruptive.

I wouldn't say: "I don't think people should be having parties right now."

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!