Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How would DLers feel about Condoleezza Rice as Biden's VP candidate?

Feel away.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2020 5:46 AM

I'd commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2020 4:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2020 4:55 AM

Fine, but its not happening.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2020 4:56 AM

Sure! And then Trump can ditch La Penca and run with Susan Rice or, for a more exact analogue, John Kerry!

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2020 5:01 AM

I have heard that she is lesbian

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2020 5:04 AM

I worked for DOS when she was Secretary. She's intelligent and thoughtful and articulate, and would be an incredible VP choice that would almost guarantee Biden winning.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2020 5:05 AM

She supported the worst President in US history, at least until Trump came along. No way.

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2020 5:08 AM

I proposed Condy as VP on here months ago. She used to be a Democrat. Why cant she switch back? She is super smart and well-liked. Would probably sway moderates to vote for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2020 5:11 AM

I’d consider it a huge betrayal, and since I don’t vote for Republicans I’d pitch my absentee ballot.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2020 5:16 AM

I’m in.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 5:18 AM

Republicans have fucked this country up beyond belief and should be shunned. All of them. None of them should be in government. The last thing we need to do is send a signal to the country that both parties are equal. Republican theories and ways of governing are evil and so is she.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2020 5:20 AM

R11 do you shun former Republican Elizabeth Warren?

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2020 5:21 AM

[quote]I worked for DOS when she was Secretary. She's intelligent and thoughtful and articulate, and would be an incredible VP choice that would almost guarantee Biden winning.

She's a war criminal, toots, just like rest of the Bush cabal.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2020 5:23 AM

No! She’s a lose-lose proposition who will not bring in any Republicans, and will drive away some Democrats. I will vote for Biden no matter what, but I not happy about settling for him. This would make me question his judgment.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2020 5:24 AM

I would be unhappy about it due to Biden's age and the likelihood he won't run for a 2nd term. He should be building up the next Democratic leader, not handing the Presidency back to a Republican as soon as possible. Although I do think having Rice on the ticket would end Trump's chances entirely.

While Condi is worlds above any of the current Trump administration Republicans, she's still a Republican and one who pushed forward a disastrous war that never should've happened. And if it's true she's a lesbian, she was ok with demonizing her own people in order to win some votes, which shows she has no integrity or self-respect. She should stick to playing with symphonies and higher education, two areas where it seems she does have real ability.

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2020 5:24 AM

Condo is a lesbian warmonger; she should stick to the pi-an-o.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2020 5:27 AM

I thought she was hideously ugly when she was younger. She looked like the Red Skull from "Captain America." She has improved mightily with age though--she's still not beautiful, but at least she has softer hair, which makes her forehead look less prominent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2020 5:37 AM

It would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 5:38 AM

FUCK NO.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2020 5:39 AM

Dr. Rice would be a brilliant choice for a country in the throes of disintegration. A choice made not due to identity or other irrelevant political pandering, but because the country needs bold, intelligent, harmonious leadership and firm hands on its very shaky tiller.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2020 5:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!