Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Here's The Trailer For Netflix's "Ratched"

It looks like it has nothing to do with the source material but aside from that it seems like it could be an interesting watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2020 10:50 PM

Everyone in the comments is talking about AHS in relation to this. How much it looks like AHS, seems like a sequel to Asylum. Do people under the age of 40 just not know what Cuckoo's Nest is or...?

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 10:39 PM

Looks like dog shit

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 10:40 PM

Hey, R2! I resemble that remark!

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 10:42 PM

I really can’t stand Sarah Paulson

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 10:47 PM

Love it. Has the dread of AHS: Asylum, but more campy.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 11:02 PM

Looks gory

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 11:17 PM

Does ratchet start at level 12 psycho? That’s not interesting. Bad writing

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 11:22 PM

They should just rename it The Ellen Show.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 11:41 PM

Sharon Stone and Brandon Flynn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 11:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 11:45 PM

Looks fabulous . Figured you queens would plotz to see Judy Davis got a job.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 11:48 PM

OMG - I can't wait!! LOVE THIS SHIT - thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2020 12:04 AM

It has to be better than The Politician, right?

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2020 12:26 AM

Is poor Louise Fletcher deceased? This is embarrassingly wrong and hideous to look at.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2020 12:34 AM

The color palette is pretty tacky and unimaginative even for a Ryan Murphy production. Why does no one put any thought into anything any more?

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2020 12:55 AM

R9 we saw in the trailer....

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2020 1:06 AM

The rest of Netflix' Halloween lineup:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2020 4:08 PM

R16–Don’t discourage Brandon posts.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2020 4:38 PM

EW Review: I was all set to credit Ratched as a glossy misstep, another nice-to-look-at mediocrity from a creative coalition that needs some new ideas. And then I got to the finale, which is one of the worst hours of television I’ve ever seen, successfully stitching lame soap opera cliches and lame horror cliches into a veritable Frankenstein of dramatic lameness. The clothes are nice, but they’re dressing a corpse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2020 7:53 PM

I’m half way through. Very campy, very AHS-like. The costuming is great.

by Anonymousreply 20September 19, 2020 10:34 PM

I didn't recognize Judy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 21September 19, 2020 10:43 PM

R19 But, does the corpse dance?

by Anonymousreply 22September 19, 2020 10:52 PM

From Bloody Disgusting a horror movie site....

"Ratched is one of the best television shows of the year and it’s easily the greatest thing that Ryan Murphy has done in ages."

Different strokes, ya know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2020 2:35 AM

American Horror Story: Naughty Nursey Nurse Nurse Nurse

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2020 8:54 PM

Being the greatest thing Ryan Murphy is done in ages is not much of a compliment when so much of his work is tedious, overproduced, condescending trash.

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2020 10:37 PM

Nothing wrong with fun now and then. Not everything has to be PBS.

by Anonymousreply 26September 21, 2020 2:00 PM

So disappointed in the first two episodes. It's just "American Horror Story :Ratched", nothing more. Gorgeous sets, costumes and cinematography. That motel is to die for. Could have been a great straight dram with that cast, but alas....

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2020 2:13 PM

I enjoyed it...a feast for the eyes

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2020 2:23 PM

[quote]Gorgeous sets, costumes and cinematography.

Which I feel were largely recycled from the Hollywood show . They are very nice though. I have watched two episodes so far. I don't hate it, but it is not compelling me to watch the next episode as soon as possible.

Paulson is competent and a decent actress, but there is nothing so far that either makes me love to hate her or enough vulnerable subtext to feel sorry for her. I don't care about her enough one way or the other for someone who is the centerpiece of the show.

The first time Nurse Bucket was introduced, did anyone half expect her to say "it's Bouquet"?

Again, I am not hating it and maybe it will develop a slow burn that I will say "wow" when it is over.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2020 2:38 PM

This is the first and quite possibly the last time I ever say this but Sharon Stone is stealing the whole thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2020 1:24 AM

I must say I enjoyed it. Although there was a little more murder than I like.

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2020 1:43 AM

I am loving Judy Davis in this.

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2020 1:49 AM

"Scrubbing someone's blood out of Saxony pile is a rather intimate act."

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2020 11:49 PM

I finished the 3rd episode tonight and won't be watching further. All style over substance.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 5:37 AM

was she supposed to be a 9 to 5 nurse, or an aristocrat?

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 6:37 AM

She's a fine actress but am I the only one who didn't like Sophie Okonedo as the multiple personality patient in this? Maybe it was the writing. And Charlie Carver has almost no character to play.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 9:46 AM

The second half of the season is increasingly terrible, with nothing making a lick of sense.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 11:11 AM

[quote]She's a fine actress but am I the only one who didn't like Sophie Okonedo as the multiple personality patient in this?

It seemed really gimmicky, and a couple of the alters got old and tedious fast. I thought her and Edmund's sneering in the last couple of episodes not that interesting and am not sure I would feel that compelled to come back and watch them chew scenery in a second season.

Was surprised at the turn they went with Bucket and her relationship with Mildred. Not sure it was in-character for either of them, and seemed more plot driven, but I thought Bucket was more interesting at the end.

I have never seen or read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I am guessing the answer is no, but does this version of Ratched mesh well of how she would be by the time the book and/or movie took place?

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2020 4:01 PM

Sharon was awesome. Is there going to be a second season, the ending was a bit open-ended.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2020 4:18 PM

I will have to say I am on Mildred's side in not wanting to go to a creepy marionette show, even without the traumatic history.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2020 8:43 PM

I haven’t had anything that poorly prepared since my Aumt Fran’s ambrosia salad.

By the end, I was, like, “fuck off.”

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2020 9:27 PM

I haven’t had anything that poorly prepared since my Aumt Fran’s ambrosia salad.

By the end, I was, like, “fuck off.”

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2020 9:27 PM

[quote]Was surprised at the turn they went with Bucket and her relationship with Mildred. Not sure it was in-character for either of them, and seemed more plot driven, but I thought Bucket was more interesting at the end.

It was all about the kindness she showed her.

[quote]does this version of Ratched mesh well of how she would be by the time the book and/or movie took place?

Yes, if you got the impression the movie Ratched was a conniving murdering psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2020 10:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!