Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which celebs are or were very good cooks?

Sophia Loren is a Grand Dame of Italian cooking, for example and her recipes are held in high regard.

Who else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2020 9:44 PM

KH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 10:14 PM

Yum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 10:17 PM

Miss Patti LaBelle

Her sweet potato pie is a staple at my holiday dinners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 10:23 PM

r3 beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 10:23 PM

Valerie Bertinelli, love her show.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 10:25 PM

How could you forget that culinary genius herself - Joanie?!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 10:26 PM

Helen Lawson.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 10:30 PM

Joan was famous for her “Spanish Dinner”, when she could find all the ingredients in the supermarket. Spanish sowsages, lobster and Pepsi Cola were the chief ingredients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 10:43 PM

Audrey Hepburn’s Chocolate Cake recipe from the cookbook 'Audrey at Home' written by her son, Luca Dotti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Valerie Bertinelli (already mentioned) and Trisha Yearwood have their own cooking shows. Patricia Heaton used to. Rachael Ray, obviously. Dinah Shore used to cook on her shows and had cookbooks.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2020 12:12 AM

Karen Carpenter's cookbook "From My Kitchen to Yours" is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2020 12:24 AM

Aretha Franklin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2020 7:04 PM

I'll get chased outta here with caftans flowing, but Amy Schumer's cooking show with her husband is good to great. He's a chef, and super chill, and she can be pretty damn funny.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2020 7:08 PM

R11, I picked up Karen's follow-up, "Dining on a Budget: Essential Tips to Cutting Your Food Costs" at a flea market for 5 cents. The book was rather thin.

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2020 7:17 PM

I'm not sure if she was a good cook or not, but I've wanted a copy of Monique Van Vooren's 1978 cookbook "The Happy Cooker" (a play on The Happy Hooker) for years. But I've found it impossible to find a hardback copy in good shape at a decent price.

From what I've read the book contains several recipes containing wacky ingredients like Spanish Fly & marijuana. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2020 8:32 PM

A six year old can make spaghetti, Sophia

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2020 8:36 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2020 8:49 PM

R12 doesn't look kosher.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2020 8:52 PM

I have a question about Rachel Ray -- is she a celebrity who cooks? I thought she was a celebrity chef (or cook). The guy from LA Law, Michael Tucker, was a renowned cook. Richard Deacon wrote a book and hosted a tv show on microwave cooking. I have it around here somewhere and it's bizarre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2020 9:11 PM

Trisha Yearwood has a show on FN because Garth Brooks is one of the silent owners.

by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2020 9:20 PM

Loved recipes for Darfur casserole in "Food is Optional" by Angelina Jolie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2020 9:53 PM

Vincent Price

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2020 9:58 PM

Jackie on Assistance & Andy Warhol's "50 Fast Recipes for Pilfered Canned Food"

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote]Trisha Yearwood has a show on FN because Garth Brooks is one of the silent owners.

The silent owners of WHAT? Food Network is owned by Discovery and Nexstar, both publicly-traded corporations.

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2020 3:23 AM

Didn't Danny Kaye used to go on and on about visiting chefs and then he'd make like he was the big chef responsible for dinner or try to compete with the chef he was visiting? Maybe he was looking for things to serve to Larry O?

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2020 3:31 AM

Danny Kaye's lemon pasta

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2020 4:02 AM

Danny Kaye was actually an excellent chef.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2020 4:06 AM

Freddie Prinze, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2020 4:08 AM

Marlene Dietrich prided herself on her cooking, though I don't know if she was actually any good.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2020 4:09 AM

R14, Karen's best recipes were definitely her Cream of Ipecac Soup and Beef Purge-ignon.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2020 9:39 PM

I read in someone's memoir that Danny Kaye had a sort of bar built in his kitchen, that was circular, and guests would sit and the bar and he would cook, and that he wouldn't join them in dinner - he focused on cooking for his guests. Almost like a modern "chef's table" in a restaurant, before such things existed. And this book (wish I could remember the title) also mentioned the lemon pasta specifically!

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2020 9:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!