Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Is No One on Here Talking about Tropical Storm ISAIAS???

I'm in Rhode Island and it's tearing things up! There's a rip in one of my screens! What's the damage where you are?

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 3:28 PM

No power for me in CT, waiting for trees to fall.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 9:05 PM

Nada, zilch, zip - was cloudy, windy and rainy earlier. Now, sunshine, blue skies with fluffy clouds.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote]Why Is No One on Here Talking about Tropical Storm ISAIAS???

Because much like Wildcat it's a dud.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 9:11 PM

We had a few hours of rain and heavy wind earlier. Nothing major. Now its sunny. You’ll survive, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 9:18 PM

Because it’s just a tropical storm.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 9:20 PM

Here in Central MA we just had 15 mins of rain and wind. Now the sun is out and breezy.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 9:25 PM

The OP is worse than Tojo, Tito and Mooseahleanknee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 9:27 PM

My power is out. I may have a dark and quiet light with only Datalounge to entertain me as long as my battery lasts.

I feel you, Darfur orphan. 🚶🏾‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 9:50 PM

In upstate New York, I got blown all afternoon!

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 10:00 PM

R9 did you leave a tip?

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 10:02 PM

Because no one can pronounce it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 10:12 PM

Another CT here. My office lost power at 3:00 pm and no one could vpn in and I lost power at home 30 minutes later. Cellular on my iPad is intermittent.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 10:39 PM

No power for 7 hours today here in Maryland. Otherwise, no damage.

I missed all my kind and sweet Datalounge friends today.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 10:56 PM

I have a run in my stocking.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 11:40 PM

R6 where in Central MA are you?

My mom & sisters all have power out. They’re on the CT border

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 11:56 PM

Oak Island, NC got hit pretty hard last night.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2020 12:02 AM

While we got wind and a lot of rain there was no real damage from the hurricane. We had some flooding which always happens after a storm like this.

There was a tornado this morning where two people were killed in another county east of us. Our coast got hit pretty hard but nothing like the last storm.

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2020 12:07 AM

Durham NC just some rain

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 12:21 AM

The wind was most of it in Manhattan. Then the sun came out.

Some storm.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2020 12:22 AM

I’m r1 they are telling us in CT that so many trees and wires are down it will be DAYS to get power back.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2020 12:31 AM

It rained like a mutherfucker in upstate New York, but we needed the water. Thumbs up!

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2020 11:51 AM

Insane amount of rain in a short time in the Philly area. Tornadoes too. And lots of folks still without power.

For the first time ever in a storm like this, though, I kept power.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2020 12:19 PM

Morris County, NJ here. Power went out around 1 PM on Tuesday; nothing since then. JCP&L update says the 'MAJORITY' of residents to have power restored by August 11 around 11:30 PM. I lost power for 5 days during Sandy.

Garbage pick up is Thursday am so I put my trash out last night before. Most things in my fridge and freezer was tossed. If power doesn't come back tomorrow, the freezer will be emptied completely. At least I can thoroughly clean my refrigerator now.

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2020 6:40 PM

Meh, even Austin had some rain from it. My partner is a US Marshall and he was in Orlando when it passed by there. He said it was a non-event.

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2020 6:44 PM

Hartford, CT here. Trees and power lines down all over. Several hundred thousand without power still on Thursday after the storm. We were lucky to not lose power and live in a condo so we don't have to deal with the mess on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2020 7:33 PM

OP has a rip in the screen? That's nothing, here's some damage and major ripping from further south...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2020 7:48 PM

R26 Beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2020 8:04 PM

Ugh no power here in Central CT and even though we have a generator our internet is down too. They are quoting us a timetable exactly the same as r23. I don’t believe them I think it will be longer.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2020 11:43 PM

We didn’t have power for 2 days in Long Island. And the cell tower Verizon uses was down. It was a minor storm but our infrastructure sucks.

by Anonymousreply 29August 8, 2020 1:11 AM

I’m R28 my power is back! Thought for sure it would be another7-10 day outage for us. Thank you baby Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 30August 8, 2020 9:04 PM

Actually, my power went out for 24 hours or so. However, many in my affluent-northern NJ town are still without power and are, rightfully, pissed.

by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2020 9:28 PM

R23, here. Got my power back Saturday night around 8 pm. One of my coworkers got hers back Sunday. Some in NJ are still without power. Thankfully, my cable and internet came back immediately.

My sister lives about 20 minutes west of me. She never lost power or cable/internet. Her town wasn't affected by Sandy either. I was able to go to her house for a couple hours on Wed and Thur. I went to our mostly-empty office on Friday. Only 3 people were there. We wore masks and social distanced. I bought a power cell so that I could charge that and keep my phones and iPad charged.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]I'm in Rhode Island

Our mother just died on Rhode Island so the last thing we have is smut on our minds.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 3:08 PM

Is anyone else still without power? It must be hell in this heat.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 3:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!