Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Neighbor's infant has been screaming for 6 hours

I can't take much more

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2020 7:00 PM

Call CPS.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 5:00 PM

I actually thought about that R1.

Not that they're neglectful but I have no idea if the parent passed out or something

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 5:05 PM

Patience, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 5:09 PM

The baby probably has that thing where they cry all the time. It lasts for a few months, so get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 5:18 PM

OP - My brain is just boiling with solutions for you!

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 5:20 PM

Definitely call CPS. You should have called them a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 5:32 PM

The baby is probably starving or in great discomfort and the parents are too ignorant and stupid to notice. Babies don't cry for no reasons at all.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 5:34 PM

Call the cops.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 5:38 PM

have you bothered to knock on the door and ask them if everything is okay?

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 5:40 PM

R5 I KNEW you'd show up soon enough!

The little hussy seems to have stopped her screaming for now. Either lunch finally happened or Mommy suffocated her, not sure which.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote] have you bothered to knock on the door and ask them if everything is okay?

If it hadn't stopped I would have.....though I am high risk for COVID and am a little afraid of doing so

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 5:41 PM

Madame, shut that baby up or I’ll fuck it!

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 7:23 PM

Curiously silent now.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 7:45 PM

If you do anything you will be labelled as that horrid corrupt and deviant homo who hates babies. And the sad part? Most of us gay men don't hate babies ffs. We are normal human beings who find them cute. At least my nephew is a funny little fat guy who is always laughing when I visit and make funny faces and give him blueberries. We just want the neighbors to let us sleep. But when you are gay, the whole world thinks "something is wrong" when you just wanna live your life and yes, we think pets and babies are cute like anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 7:48 PM

Last evening I was outside and my neighbours 2 doors down, with their friends, were hooting and howling and hollering like a pack of hyenas. And their youngest child, a little girl, was screaming in the backyard as usual. It was like living near an asylum. I sympathize with your situation.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 7:56 PM

It's called colic

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 8:00 PM

Teething? Imagine a toothache and you can't say "novocaine!!"

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 8:02 PM

It sounds like a colicky baby. It should subside in the next few months.

[Quote]Colic is not a disease or diagnosis but a combination of baffling behaviors. It's really just a catch-all term for excessive crying in otherwise healthy babies — the problem being, there’s no solution to it besides the passing of time.

[Quote]These fussy periods can go on for hours at a time, sometimes late into the night. Worst of all, try as you might — and try you will — it's extremely difficult to calm a colicky baby.

[Quote]The good news is that baby colic doesn't last forever. Most bouts start when baby is about 2 to 3 weeks old (later in premature infants), peak at around 6 weeks and then typically start to taper off by 10 to 12 weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 8:04 PM

R4 why should he have to get used to it? It’s not his crotchdropping.

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 8:20 PM

Duct tape.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 8:22 PM

R19 - so what do you propose as a solution?

Babies scream, winter is cold, summer is hot, grass is green, dogs bark....anything else you need me to explain?

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 9:03 PM

Yes, how does a thermos keep hot things hot and cold things cold

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 9:13 PM

R10 = Joan Crawford, assuming that baby knows where to find the boys and the booze.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 9:52 PM

Been binging Unsolved Mysteries lately (the Dennis Farina episodes). There's probably a dead body or two in the apartment. Call the police.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2020 9:53 PM

R14 Gurl, I can't stand babies, so speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Wait until they get night terrors. Blood-curdling screams but they are still asleep even if their eyes are open. They don’t respond or wake up. They are inconsolable.

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2020 10:11 PM

[quote]so what do you propose as a solution?

That the sow who dropped that unneeded unwelcome crotchfruit maybe actually [italic] act[/italic] like a responsible caregiver and STOP THAT GODDAMN [italic] THING[/italic] FROM SQUALLING.

Pull your head out of your fat frau cunt [italic] ass[/italic] , R21 and quit being the official apologist for irresponsible parents everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2020 11:35 PM

My sister went through that with her firstborn, R26 but she managed to handle it without disrupting the fabric of space and time to do so. I remember her freaking out when he'd have an episode and she asked for help that she got from our parents but she didn't upend the universe to get what she needed at the time.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 11:38 PM

Spend $400.00 on quality noise canceling headphones like Sony or Bose. They really work for me.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2020 11:46 PM

I gave my sister a bark collar, the kind that shocks a dog when it barks, for a christening present. It was sized for toy breeds.

She said she had tried the water-spray-bottle approach, but it didn't seem to work. A friend suggested using lemon juice in the water but it only made the baby cry louder when the stuff got in its eyes.

She has never seen me since without thanking me. It only took a a couple of days to work. Infants, even tiny ones, are smart enough to learn.

I was so glad to help.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2020 12:08 AM

R27 - bitch please, you get gas and toothaches and probably would squeal like a pig if you couldn't say anything.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2020 12:17 AM

My sister's first son cried so much that no amount of ANYTHING worked until they finally found that the kid was lactose intolerant and, bam, no milk = quiet baby. Second son eats everything and anything and only cried for the period his teeth were coming in BUT it took a few days to see tooth so that once in emerged they put some gel and the crying stopped.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2020 12:20 AM

R25 - maybe so, but I doubt anyone is gonna be tickling your bum as often or cooing over how cute it is.

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2020 12:22 AM

Here's a suggestion..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2020 12:25 AM

But I CAN, frau cunt R31.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2020 12:26 AM

R32=unwelcome frau cunt who quite incorrectly assumes we give a rat's ass about her crotchdrop's medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2020 12:27 AM

I went to a hotel pool today and there were so many screaming kids it was unbearable - even with my earbuds in. I lasted about 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote]Duct tape.

Wow - even Casey Anthony has chimed in! You should collab with Patsy on a book called “Parenting Your Demon Spawn.”

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2020 5:58 AM

The little bitch is at it again today.

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2020 2:44 PM

r39

You have it worse than any other person alive today.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2020 7:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!