Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

why is the brother of my grandfather known as my great uncle instead of my grand uncle?

And what would I call the brother of my great-grandfather ?

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 8:24 PM

You can call them whatever you want, really, but the brother of your great-grandfather would be your great great uncle.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 4:22 PM

R1 or is it uncle twice removed??

Seriously, who decides this shit?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 4:24 PM

Why are spouses of blood-related aunts and uncles also considered aunts and uncles, but spouses of cousins aren't cousins? And we don't even have a term like "cousins-in-law."

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 5:11 PM

You're a deep thinker, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 6:58 PM

You'd never make it on 60 Minutes, r3.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 7:00 PM

What about the pen of my aunt?

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 7:10 PM

R6 It's on the table, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 8:24 PM

r6 I think you meant to say your aunt is in "the pen."

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!