Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hundreds of people stand by and watch as young gay Arab couple is spat on and beaten

Itzik Avneri, the owner of the boat that was docked next to where the attack took place, tried hold back the attackers and even pushed one into the water.

In his testimony, Avneri said: “I have a tour boat in the port, and there was the holiday [Eid al-Adha] for the past few days when a lot of Muslims come to the port to have a good time and take a cruise.

“Two guys got on the boat to go sailing and when it ended, they got off and sat on the dock next to each other. Other people saw them and spat at them.”

He said he asked one of the people why they spat at the couple, and said they responded: “Because we’re Arabs and they’re gays, and there won’t be gays among the Arabs, it gives Arabs a bad name.”

Itzik Avneri, the owner of the boat that was docked next to where the attack took place, tried hold back the attackers and even pushed one into the water.

In his testimony, Avneri said: “I have a tour boat in the port, and there was the holiday [Eid al-Adha] for the past few days when a lot of Muslims come to the port to have a good time and take a cruise.

“Two guys got on the boat to go sailing and when it ended, they got off and sat on the dock next to each other. Other people saw them and spat at them.”

He said he asked one of the people why they spat at the couple, and said they responded: “Because we’re Arabs and they’re gays, and there won’t be gays among the Arabs, it gives Arabs a bad name.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 2:27 PM

Religion is poison.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 1:43 PM

Sad.

Was the attacker Jewish or Arab?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 1:45 PM

Oh, Smitty! You always crack me up!

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 1:47 PM

[quote]He said he asked one of the people why they spat at the couple, and said they responded: “Because we’re Arabs and they’re gays, and there won’t be gays among the Arabs, it gives Arabs a bad name.”

[quote]The group left on Avneri’s boat, but returned a short time later and began attacking the gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 1:48 PM

The couple is lucky they were in Israel. If that happened in Gaza or the West Bank, this is what would have happened to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 1:50 PM

[quote]Gary Matson (1949 - July 1, 1999) and Winfield Mowder (1959 - July 1, 1999) were a gay couple from Redding, California, who were murdered by white supremacist brothers Benjamin Matthew Williams and James Tyler Williams. The Williams brothers confessed to killing the couple because they were gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 1:52 PM

An incident in Israel... This always brings such measured, nuanced, and rational responses.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 1:52 PM

But I thought it was safe to be gay in Israel?

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 2:00 PM

Predictably, R6 comes with #notallmuslims #cbristiansdoittoo

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 2:02 PM

Is this Israeli propoganda? I do admire the Israelis.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 2:05 PM

R9 The Muslim troll always comes around at election time.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 2:18 PM

R6: no dummy, I post "anti" Muslim stuff all the time even though "progressive" nitwits like you try to censor critical voices to show what good little "non-racists" you are.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 2:26 PM

Fuck you, R12

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 2:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!