Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mary Trump Has Sold More Books Than ‘Art Of The Deal’ Sold In 29 Years

Simon and Schuster’s CEO says some have compared her runaway bestseller to “The Godfather.”

Too Much Is Never Enough: How My Family Created The World’s Most Dangerous Man sold an estimated 1.35 million copies its first week, per a statement from publisher Simon & Schuster. The tell-all also debuted at the top of bestseller lists in the U.S., Canada, Britain and Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 12:46 AM

In addition to not selling as well as Mary Trump’s book, The Art of Deal has turned out be a bit of pain for the president. In recent years, Trump has been denounced by the book’s co-author, Tony Schwartz. Schwartz was particularly mortified that the book helped elevate to the White House a man he considers a “monster.”

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Whose picture is on the cover of the book, is that Trump’s father or Mary’s? He’s very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 10:12 AM

That’s Trump, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 10:16 AM

Trump will just claim that Mary's book sales numbers are FAKE and that his book has sold more copies then any book, ever. Many people say so

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 10:35 AM

R2 I hope you're trolling!

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 11:08 AM

My book was the first book off of Guttenberg's press. Tremendous response from the public, yuge, yuge sales in the intervening 5,000 years. Biggest selling book of all time, beating even the Bible. People come up to me all the time and tell me what a fabulous book it is. Have you heard what a great book it is? Millions and millions of people are talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 11:31 AM

You know, I just can't find Trump's schtick funny anymore.

Even though I know laughter is better than screaming.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 11:35 AM

"Co-author", ho ho ho, R1. He was the book's ghost writer. And he says that at the time, he estimated Trump's vocabulary at 200 words.

Chaser, a border collie living in South Carolina, has an estimated vocabulary exceeding 1,000 words.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 11:43 AM

Trump is a ratings queen and he must so hate that Mary's book sold better than his.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 11:47 AM

tRump is so competitive and petty, this must kill him.

Womp womp.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 11:52 AM

Here's hoping, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 11:56 AM

R2 = Donald J Trump

Tony Schwartz took the money and ran, he knew Trump was an asshole before The Art of The Deal. Remorseful now? Ha ha. Trump was all over New York promoting himself before the Schwartz book, he's not responsible for Trump the Celebrity, though it seems like he wants to take credit so he can bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 1:26 PM

[quote] Trump will just claim that Mary's book sales numbers are FAKE and that his book has sold more copies then any book, ever. Many people say so

Even the Bible!

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 1:40 PM

The president is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 2:01 PM

R8 Chaser for president 2020!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 3:43 PM

Chaser has a higher IQ than Louis Gohmert.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 5:25 PM

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that Chaser is smarter than anyone in Trump's White House. And cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 6:51 PM

R15 has warmed the cockles of my cynical heart.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2020 12:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!