Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dessert Every Night!

For the past few years I’ve had dessert or something sweet every night! There are some evenings I try to abstain and not have any dessert at all. But it’s difficult to do. Something keeps nagging my brain until I get something sweet. Sometimes it’s bad and I have a whole pint of ice cream! Or a piece of cake! Even if I have something simple like strawberries I put sugar on them! How do I break out of this cycle?

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2020 3:46 PM

Eat it for breakfast. Then it’s not dessert.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 4:43 AM

And?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 4:44 AM

Take chlorpheniramine and lotsa water and go to sleep, or let your neighbor call you "fat ho."

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 5:05 AM

Stop

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 5:06 AM

I used to have this habit. Then I started drinking red wine every night. The sugar cravings stopped.

Sure, I’m an alcoholic now... but I don’t eat cookies any more!

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 5:10 AM

You have to do it cold turkey, which is what I finally did. It will be hard for the first three days, but the craving diminishes over time, and you'l lose the need. But even now, if I have even one piece of something sweet, I can't stop. Its an adiction...

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 5:15 AM

R5 I thought about drinking something sweet instead of dessert. I made myself a maple old-fashioned one night. It was delicious! But yeah, I have a problem with sugar. Hope your drinking problem improves.

I wish I could just enjoy sweets in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 5:25 AM

I swear this works. Brush your teeth right after dinner. It'll cut the craving for something sweet.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 6:04 AM

I think you may have to quit sugar all together.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 5:27 PM

Switch to sugar free Jello and sugar free whipped cream. I do this for husband on keto..

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 5:34 PM

Years ago I cut out refined sugar as best I could. I was doing so well. Then at Hallowe'en I ate ONE Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. That was all it took. Refined sugar is like crack cocaine. OP, if you can do it, take one bite of your dessert and brush your teeth and throw the rest out. If you can't do that, stop cold turkey. In my experience, it takes approx. two weeks before the cravings stop. But be forewarned, one bite of refined sugar and you'll be back in First Class on the Sugar Blues Express!

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 5:45 PM

Maybe I should just make this tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 8:49 PM

Drink black coffee or espresso if it doesn't keep you awake.

Or, have iced water and brush you teeth and pray to the baby Jesus to stop your sugar addiction.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 8:55 PM

If you do, r12, make chocolate buttercream.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 8:57 PM

Y'all should eat some German cakes and pastries!

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 8:59 PM

What's your favorite, r15?

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 9:00 PM

Feuerwehrkuchen is very good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 9:03 PM

My father ate a dessert after each meal, including breakfast. He never got fat either. I only have dessert on special occasions. I'm genetically programmed to be fat. If I had a dessert per day, I would be a circle by now.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 9:22 PM

Oh, YEAH, r17. That looks wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 9:26 PM

I buy cut-up pineapple at the supermarket and keep it in the fridge. One big cold chunk of it while I'm washing the dinner dishes kills the dessert craving, at least for me. It's sweet enough to make me think I've had more of a dessert than I actually did.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 9:31 PM

I'd love to bake it for ya, American boy!

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 9:31 PM

Think of sugar as crack. I have no dessert s in the house. If I have a cake in front of me, I take a bite and throw it in toilet.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 9:34 PM

This could be linked to stress or sleep deprivation. Eating more protein may help kill the cravings.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 10:02 PM

Things that have worked for me:

Really good fruits like bing cherries or mangoes.

Slice of toast with butter or peanut butter.

Cereal (steel-cut oats, rolled oats) with dried fruit, yes, at night.

Melona bar (like a creamy popsicle). Low calorie count.

Don't switch to alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2020 10:05 PM

Eating something sweet at the end of your nighttime meal is human nature.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2020 10:21 PM

I stopped drinking completely about a year ago and for the first time in my life started to crave sweets immediately after. It's annoying as I never even had a taste for desserts much at all as a kid or your adult. Whatever the case, I only have one whatever it is at night (usually chocolate - homemade brownies or cookies, etc. as I hate store-bought anything). I am happy to no longer have alcohol cravings (they disappeared after about 2 weeks), but often feel that I have just substituted one vice for another. BTW, I am 6'1", 175lb. and not overweight. I no longer have a 6 pack, but I don't really gain weight as a rule. My only fear is diabetes as my father was diagnosed a few years back and now on medication to manage. He ate nothing but sweets his entire life and was never in great shape - so our risk factors have been drastically different at least. Likely I will have to kick this habit also - but then will be left with no vices at all besides sex LOL. The joys of middle age!

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2020 10:21 PM

R25 Thank you, Oprah

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2020 10:22 PM

I bought a Kitchen Aid Mixmaster and that was my major downfall. I became obsessed with baking.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 11:24 PM

The title of this thread should have been

Fat Whores Rejoice Dessert Every Night!

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2020 11:39 PM

OP, post a picture. It doesn't have to include your face, something like your elbow or or ankle would work. I need this to assess your level of fatness and offer helpful advice.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2020 11:50 PM

Nobody wants to see OP's elbow.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2020 12:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2020 12:47 AM

I've had great luck with the Sheet Cake Diet

You see if you eat cake squares from a Sheet Cake, they don't have as much frosting as Round Cake slices

Makes all the difference in the world

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2020 12:50 AM

Atkins pecan clusters (1g sugar each) or low carb toast with sugar free strawberry jam (2g sugar) or lower sugar oatmeal (6g sugar) does the trick for me. Fruit (excluding apples) just makes me more hungry/crave sweets more.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2020 1:02 AM

*lower sugar oatmeal (4g sugar)

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2020 1:47 AM

OP types fat!

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]Atkins pecan clusters (1g sugar each)

Atkins Pecan Clusters - and many sugar-free foods give me the chits

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2020 2:08 AM

Don't buy the shit when you go to the grocery store. Eat the strawberries with a tablespoon of low fat, sugar-free whipped cream if you must add something to the berries.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2020 2:33 AM

[quote]low fat, sugar-free whipped cream

INSERT VOMIT EMOJI

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2020 2:46 AM

I couldn't bear the sweet young thing in R12's video for long, but soon found a much better demonstration in the features displayed at the side of that screen. Not dessert, but positively mesmerizing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2020 3:10 AM

Stock up on cans of lychees. They are delicious and 2 or 3 make a perfect desert. Perfect for the lockdown cause they last a long time in the cans and even after opening if you store them in a plastic container.

Not sure if there are even any calories. Oh yea drain the liquid from the can and rinse them.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2020 4:02 AM

OP here. Thanks for the replies. Are usually crave dessert about three hours after dinner. And now it’s happening again. I have some strawberries in the fridge I guess I’ll just munch on those. The problem is I want to sprinkle them with sugar. I don’t know if I could ever quit sugar. It seems too difficult. The people I’ve known who have tried to have not succeeded. Sugar is evil I tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2020 4:32 AM

R42, lychees I'm telling you. They are incredibly sweet and I have an incredible sweet tooth. Strawberries aren't sweet enough for me. Oranges would also be pretty sweet with no enhancements.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2020 4:37 AM

Lychees look & seem gross to me R43. What else you got?

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2020 4:02 AM

frozen cherries with a dollop of real whipped cream (no added sugar).

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2020 4:13 AM

If skipping dessert is not an option, Walmart has a surprisingly wide variety of sugar free puddings and jellos- refrigerated and non refrigerated- and sugar free whipped cream. There’s a lemon one made with lemon juice (with sugar) that’s 140 calories almost always sold out because it’s amazing over fruit.

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2020 9:06 AM

R46 did you mean lemon whip cream?

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2020 3:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!