Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Should Joe Biden Choose As His Running Mate?

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden will soon announce his pick for vice president ahead of the election in November - and he's already pledged it will be a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2020 8:52 PM

If the VP is black, I won't vote, but will wish Joe well. I am not for identity politics in any way shape or form and announcing that the VP would be a woman was already a big no go for me. I want the BEST possible person for the job. If picking a woman works for him politically, he might be well served pandering to identity politics, but I don't want any part of it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 1:28 AM

Duckworth.

She would get more votes from good decent Republican vets that don’t care for the draft dodging President Bone Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 1:29 AM

oh shut the fuck up r1. nobody cares about your stupid inane rules. There is no "best" person for the job you middle management dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 1:31 AM

R3 Thanks for proving my point you nitwit! lol.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 1:36 AM

R1 you are pre-supposing that it is not possible for a black person to be the best choice.

Therefore fuck you and your whore mother!

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 1:36 AM

thanks for proving you're another dumbfuck with nothing to add, r4. shove your identity politics up your Only White Males Need Apply ass.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 1:40 AM

R6 is the reason why Joe Biden just might lose the election, what a fool. People are not as dumb as R6 thinks they should be to make him feel better about the world. La Di Da.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 1:42 AM

And you're the reason nobody can afford to give a fuck about Trumpistas and their enablers any more r7. It does not matter that you want an all-white, all-male politics. That time is done. You are going to have to accept it and move on.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 1:44 AM

Biden was a fool to lock himself into such a limited box of choices so early on. The available picks in his intersectional cross section of choice are simply not good enough this year.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 1:53 AM

Kamala was my choice as President and I think she’d make a great Vice-President.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 1:54 AM

I think it's heading toward Kamala r10. there's some mooing and moaning, but she kind of makes the best sense overall.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 2:00 AM

Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 2:11 AM

I have never once made my decision on my presidential vote based on who the VP will be. Of course, I have voted straight ticket Democrat since I was 18.

R1 If you don't vote (for whatever reason, the VP is black, Biden is too old, you wanted Bernie, you are a division troll, etc...) then you are voting for Trump - so fuck you, asshole.

You are the enemy. Go suck Susan Sarandon's ancient pussy.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 2:11 AM

Go away racist, white-entitled, motherfucker at R1. You’re inferring that a black woman is not up for the job. Like every white male V.P. was stellar? Scurry away now. You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 2:21 AM

(R1) is wearing his MAGA hat as he types.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 2:24 AM

Susan Rice is a very, very capable woman, but her baggage will be the Death Knell for the Biden campaign. She was a key point person in half of the so-called 'scandals' the Republicans are screaming about every day. Her running will turn the whole campaign into a debate about Benghazi et al.

It's a Republican wet dream for her to run. She's like red meat to them.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 2:28 AM

R1 can eat shit die!!

I’m going to vote for Biden even if he chooses Tiffany Trump as his vice president.

R1 is a worthless (as if there were any other kind) contard and I hope he/she dies of the most aggressive strain of COVID-19

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 2:33 AM

R1 can eat shit and die in a grease fire.

I am voting for Biden to get rid of the OrangeShitAss.

Harris was my first choice for POTUS. So, I selected her for VP.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 2:43 AM

I do worry about anyone new like that r16. And she's not new on the scene, completely, I get that, but she is new to being the central focus of American politics, and worse the central focus of America's shitty national media if she is the choice. They would love nothing more than to dig out every stupid thing that nobody knows about yet and pretend it is the most important thing in national history. They suck on such a profound level, and that is unfair, but I want somebody who has been through the wringer at least once. And I think that's more Kamala than Rice.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 2:44 AM

R1’s assertion that all of the black women under consideration are unqualified is ridiculous and absurd. Harris, Duckworth, and Rice are qualified in their own right, irrespective of their race or gender.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 2:45 AM

You put it better than I could, r19. Agreed on all points.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 3:10 AM

Harris, Bass, and Rice are rich targets for the GOP. I’m sure Josh Hawley, Tom Cotton, and Marco Rubio are praying that it’s one of them.

Bass says she doesn’t want to be president lol. Yeah, like she won’t “spontaneously” “feel the call to step up” in 2024 if she’s VP. Please.

The “it should/ must be a Black woman” crowd (journalists, religious leaders, legislators, etc.) ... so it shouldn’t be a Latina? Or a biracial Asian-White woman? What’s wrong with selecting one of them? It doesn’t feel right. I feel the first twitches of substantiated resentment, and perhaps I’m not alone.

(Before someone goes ad hominem (as if that addresses the ideas herein), I’m not White.)

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 6:40 AM

Like Rice wasn’t DC aristocracy since birth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 6:43 AM

I would not vote for any candidate supported by the juvenile posters on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2020 6:45 AM

Rice baggage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2020 7:01 AM

[quote] If the VP is black, I won't vote, but will wish Joe well. I am not for identity politics in any way shape or form

Refusing to vote for a smart, competent, qualified candidate (of whom Biden has vetted several) because she’s black IS identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2020 7:25 AM

I hate Kamala Hair-ASS. She is a venomous cunt. She likes to pretend she is descended from African American slaves, but her parents are Indian and Jamaican. She is a first generation American. All that shit she talked to Biden about busing and trying to make him sound like a fucking klansman.....he would be an idiot to pick her. I wish Michelle Obama would run with him.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2020 7:55 AM

R27 if you’ll take your dick out of whatever barnyard animal you’ve got it stuck in right now you’ll realize that 2020 is very different from 2016.

After almost 4 years of the worst president this nation has had we’re not going to be swayed by your arguments of “this candidate isn’t perfect so therefore I can’t vote for him or her“.

The objective is removing Trump from office. It doesn’t matter if his replacement is “perfect” or not. Every single Democratic candidate that even attempted to run this year is far better than that orange shit stain that sitting in the White House.

Instead of bothering us you need to go back to stormfront......or maybe you’ve grown to like the dick pics.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 8:40 AM

R28 you sound like you have emotional problems. Likely a personality disorder. It’s not an issue of a candidate not being perfect. It’s an issue of Kamala being just as polarizing and decisive as Trump. Vomit might be better than shit, but that doesn’t mean I want to have one over the other for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2020 12:24 PM

[quote] I have never once made my decision on my presidential vote based on who the VP will be. Of course, I have voted straight ticket Democrat since I was 18.

Then your whole point is moot.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2020 12:59 PM

LANCE BASS FOR VP

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2020 1:13 PM

BIG MOUTH BASS FOR VP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2020 1:14 PM

Kamala Harris is soft on Big Tech and a favourite of the elite donors... So she will likely be it. Politico already leaked the announcement!

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2020 1:15 PM

LANCE BASS' BOTTOM FOR VP

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2020 1:18 PM

The media are certain that it's Harris. I don't get it: she's so divisive, and she runs to race and gender by instinct to promote herself (like last week). Last week showed what she'll do as VP when she feels threatened by someone within her own party: by leveraging her contacts in the media she'll create a scandal whereby she's the supposed victim, giving her (and her supposedly "spontaneously and independently organized prominent supporters") an opportunity to run to the press and do another "I was that girl"., and the media will amplify it to unjustly indict her supposed enemies as sexist and racist. It's horrible.

You can see her doing the same with the a President Biden: if she isn't given prime assignments, say advancing a key piece of legislation (with all the media appearance and positioning opportunities that entails), she'll spread a story that she's being sidelined, because "white men" in the administration feel "uncomfortable with trusting her" with the important assignment. Her K Hive will go crazy on Twitter, and the media will provide more spin and amplification. She's going to use them to become the most powerful figure in the administration to get the most coverage.

Surely Biden and his senior advisors and partners (Dodd, Clyburn, Jill, etc.) see that, and see that she was trying to corner him into dropping Bass as an option and selecting her. Surely he sees that. Dodd sees that, given that he never said "she's too ambitious". Rather that was a quote from an unnamed donor who didn't even speak to Dodd, and surely Biden and Dodd saw how the media spun the phrase to stick to Dodd, a member of the selection committee, thereby forcing the selection committee conference call (i.e.. lobbying/threatening opportunity) with "spontaneous and independently organized group of key supporters" (so described, with care, in Politico - lol, I see that it's since been edited to leave that carefully placed detail; trying to find a cached version of the article with the phrase).

I can't see how they don't realize that this disqualifies her: Biden is trying to find someone loyal whom he can totally trust. She's gunning so hard to be president, that he can't trust her not to try to essentially take over the administration, thereby getting coverage in the media of her "actually being in charge, and very presidential".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote] Harris was not involved in organizing the call, they said.

So carefully noted, in its own paragraph. Yeah, right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2020 1:52 PM

Harris, Duckworth, Warren, Rice,

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2020 1:57 PM

Go trolldar R1. Good god. Muriel, get that trash off of here!

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2020 1:58 PM

[quote] Kamala Harris is soft on Big Tech and a favourite of the elite donors... So she will likely be it. Politico already leaked the announcement!

That was a pre-written article, dear. They have them ready for every potential running mate.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2020 1:59 PM

R37, yeah, looks like that's the final group, with Bass.

I can see the media say, over and over for about two weeks and then intermittently after that, if he selects Warren or Duckworth: "He had the opportunity to choose one of THREE very, very qualified Black woman, 60% of the final group. And instead he chose a white woman/Asian woman? Racist!!!! Outrageous! Completely ignores ***this important moment in history'**!"

As if racism in the committee prompted them not to select a Black woman. The committee of 4 includes a black woman (Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester). They're bending over backwards to select a qualified Black woman, even adding Bass almost last-minute to the final group of prospects, because they knew that Harris and Rice have serious baggage (Bass, it turns out, has plenty of baggage, too).

What I don't get, however, is why Demings is supposedly no longer in that final group. I'd be up for her before Warren.

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2020 2:07 PM

Kamala is not up for the job, whether she is purple in color, she is not ready and certainly not qualified. If it makes the haters more comfortable that I should wear a Maga hat, you can tell yourself that, it's ok dears.

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2020 4:33 PM

I don’t give two shits what the Republicans say about anything anymore - they all need to shut the fuck up and go away - I hope they all lose!

Another vote for Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2020 4:38 PM

I can’t help but feel that OP missed a real opportunity to include Vivian Vance in his poll.

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2020 4:48 PM

Oh Michelle, we need you! Please reconsider!

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2020 4:58 PM

Only Miss Kamala has the diva vibe DLers crave.

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2020 5:00 PM

I like Keisha Lance Bottoms. Her voice is sultry and yet home-spun. She looks really good for her age. She seems like a good mom.

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2020 5:05 PM

With only 26 posters in 46 replies, it seems R1 is replying to all replies.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2020 5:09 PM

Michelle's not going to reconsider and though I'd love to see her as VP, we don't really need her. Naturally, some people will gripe about whomever Biden chooses, but there's really no one on his list who's a dealbreaker for any sane person, under our current circumstances. Everyone he's vetted is smart and competent and could step in if needed; there's no Dan Quayle or Sarah Palin or even a fine-but-dreary Tim Kaine in the bunch. Ultimately, very few people are going to be all, "I was deeply committed to ending our long national nightmare and voting Trump out, but that Kamala Harris just has such a punchable face or Elizabeth Warren reminds me too much of a schoolmarm, blah, blah."

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote] Ultimately, very few people are going to be all, "I was deeply committed to ending our long national nightmare and voting Trump out, but that Kamala Harris just has such a punchable face or Elizabeth Warren reminds me too much of a schoolmarm, blah, blah."

True, but I think there’ll be plenty of voters who’ll think that last part about Warren and Harris and be motivated to vote.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2020 5:18 PM

I was thinking of the people who, for some insane fucking reason, are on the fence and his choice of VP may push them over.

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2020 5:25 PM

Just three left.

Bass, Harris, Rice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2020 5:26 PM

No Warren?!

by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2020 5:28 PM

R52, doesn’t look like it.

by Anonymousreply 53August 4, 2020 5:32 PM

Those three: it’s like he’s up by15 and doesn’t care about swing voters.

It’s like Hillary going after Texas and ignoring Michigan and Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 54August 4, 2020 5:34 PM

All three are excellent targets for the cult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2020 5:39 PM

I would piss myself, if at the end, Biden announced Pete as his VP.

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2020 6:39 PM

Duckworth checks all the boxes: female, mother, minority, disabled, Purple Heart recipient.

I don't hold ambition against Harris, but I don't like her dishonesty or her record in California. The murder of Manuel Diaz murder was just as bad as George Floyd's murder but she refused to investigate the incident. She grandstanded about body cameras on police officers, but refused to implement statewide requirements for them. In another incident of police brutality, she chose to prosecute the victim. She refused to investigate Catholic priests accused of pedophilia. She initially said she supported M4A, then said she misheard the question.

However, she does have "star quality"...

by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2020 6:43 PM

The physically challenged are active and engaged voters. They helped save the HCA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2020 7:01 PM

Can they count Pete as a girl?

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2020 7:05 PM

Well, thankfully that's not going to happen, r56. Every single candidate Biden has vetted is a better choice than Pete.

by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2020 7:17 PM

I think Pete's great, but of course he's not under consideration. I bet he'll get a really great position in a Biden administration, maybe even Chief of Staff. I wonder if he's spoken to Duckworth, a fellow veteran.

by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2020 7:19 PM

Among all the remaining women, only Rice has a particularly prestigious educational background. Not that it's an asset when you're courting just average Americans, but to the extent it's correlated with presidents and VPs, maybe it's a factor.

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2020 7:21 PM

For Duckworth, I wonder if the Senate, her colleagues, would pass a resolution re her being “natural born” like they did for McCain. I think they would, even McConnell, given the traditional comity among senators. They passed a rule change allowing her to bring her baby to the chamber.

[quote] In April, the Senate approved a nonbinding resolution declaring that Mr. McCain is eligible to be president. Its sponsors said the nation’s founders would have never intended to deny the presidency to the offspring of military personnel stationed out of the country.

Her father was in Thailand working for the Defense Department.l. So maybe it’s similar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2020 7:29 PM

The latest from CBS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2020 7:36 PM

I just hope he chooses someone who knows the difference between "who" and "whom".

But that should be easy, since I assume all these women have at least an 8th-grade education.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2020 7:38 PM

Biden supposedly went to Hillary's house in New York over the weekend. She's the secret candidate who was hinted at last week in the press who was being vetted but was not been made public.

Imagine the shockwaves if he announces Hillary Clinton as his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2020 7:47 PM

R66, come on. There's no secret candidate, and he was at Rehobeth over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2020 7:49 PM

Pete can self-identify as a black woman. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2020 7:52 PM

Hey Kamala haters,

Jamaica had slavery, too.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2020 8:02 PM

He's not choosing Hillary, ffs. Improve your trolling, please.

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2020 8:52 PM

Bring back Sarah Palin! She is a good debater!

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2020 10:23 PM

We need a big scary lesbian to keep Joe and the other wimps in check.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2020 10:39 PM

Is Rachel Dolezal busy?

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2020 11:00 PM

Obama: SE Asia, Hawaii, Illinois, junior Illinois senator

Duckworth: same

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2020 12:02 AM

Oprah babies!

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2020 12:57 AM

Dear god Bass’s collapse is complete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2020 1:55 AM

Four committee members.

Garcetti - Harris

Rep Lisa Blunt Rochester - Harris or Rice (Blunt Rochester is is a Black woman so ... you get it)

Dodd - Duckworth

Cynthia Hogan - ??? Some info link - started at a conservative DC firm, now at Apple

Other VIPs:

President Obama - Duckworth (surprise, but yes I think so)

Jill Biden - not Harris

Clyburn - says she doesn’t have to be Black since the first Supreme Court appointment will be a Black woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2020 5:26 AM

How can Rice NOT be Secretary of State? She’s perfect for that.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2020 5:28 AM

One of the key Bass takedown pieces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2020 5:49 AM

Tammy Baldwin...why? Wisconsin and MI

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2020 5:57 AM

Anybody but Kamaltoe.

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2020 7:06 AM

Jim Clyburn said the other day that it’s more important to have a black woman on SCOTUS than as VP. That makes me wonder about the behind the scenes orchestration and dealing. Duckworth as VP, and Harris to replace RBG? As Senators, they’ve already been highly scrutinised whereas some of the other contenders may have skeletons in their closets. Warren and Bass as VP don’t solve Biden’s age issue, and the Senate is too close to consider Warren as she’ll be replaced by a GOP.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2020 7:20 AM

Jill Stein is available

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 7:22 AM

[quote]I wish Michelle Obama would run with him

Me too. We'd get a twofer because Obama would be advising her behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2020 7:43 AM

^ meant to say Barack

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2020 7:44 AM

This chick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2020 7:47 AM

If she’s not black, Clyburn needs to be there at the announcement. To show his approval.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote] Among all the remaining women, only Rice has a particularly prestigious educational background. Not that it's an asset when you're courting just average Americans,

I completely disagree it’s not an asset.

As an average American, one of the things I want most in my president and Vice President is to know they’re very intelligent and, therefore, much smarter than me.

My favorite asset of Bill Clinton was not only how smart he was but that he didn’t have to prove it in any room he entered. He put on the “aw shucks” southern drawl yet could match wits with the best of them.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2020 12:54 PM

Sorry. That first line should read:

I completely disagree that it’s not an asset. (It IS an asset.)

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2020 12:55 PM

Harris or Rice. I’m so disgusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2020 1:21 PM

If it's Harris or Rice, I'm not voting. My vote doesn't matter anyway - I'm in a very blue state. I'm sure my vote will be replaced 100-fold by one of those newly "enthusiastic voters" - all in swing states, so it'll be fine. I'm absolutely certain of that.

The media get what they want.

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2020 1:35 PM

Kamala Harris would be Biden's pick for AG, not VP.

Elizabeth Warren is white, so Biden would be better off shooting himself in the head.

Duckworth or Demmings would be the most practical.

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2020 2:14 PM

[quote] As an average American, one of the things I want most in my president and Vice President is to know they’re very intelligent and, therefore, much smarter than me.

So do I, but unfortunately, I don't think we're typical in that way. Somewhere around Bush II, the guy you'd like to have a beer with became the preferred candidate of many Americans.

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2020 2:30 PM

I highly doubt that Kamala would leave the Senate for AG R92. I wouldn't. She will be far more effective to stay put. She was verbally offered the AG role back with Obama (before she was a Senator) and politely turned it down. The AG role is better for someone at a different stage of their career - I doubt that Klobuchar would be interested either.

by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2020 5:53 PM

When Biden makes the announcement, to avoid the inevitable disappointment surrounding those not chosen, and to attempt party unification, perhaps he should simultaneously announce his choice for Attorney General (Harris?); Secretary of State (Rice?); Secretary of the Treasury (Warren?); Secretary of Defense (Duckworth?)  Obviously, one of the aforementioned is likely to be VP, but all are solid/qualified for cabinet positions.

In what may prove to be a telling interview with FOX News, Jill Biden emphasized that it was highly important that the VP be "close friends" with she and Joe in the same way they were with Barack and Michelle. The Obamas hosted just over 2,000 total guests at their eight state dinners—but only a very select core were invited to more than one. Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden and US Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice (and husband Ian Cameron) attended all eight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2020 5:37 AM

[quote]Elizabeth Warren is white, so Biden would be better off shooting himself in the head.

If he did choose someone white all he'd have to do is immediately remind people that he is sticking to his promise to put a black woman on the Supreme Court which will be seen as infinitely more important and something that will long outlast his Presidency and even possibly his life.

Even Jim Clyburn sees it that way.

I'd wager Biden does as well since (removing all the media noise) the only thing he clearly stated race to be a factor in is the Supreme Court pick.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2020 5:46 AM

I think some people want every position to be reserved for only one race.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2020 6:01 AM

Secretary of the Treasury would be a step down for Warren.

In fact, most of those appointments are step downs for senators.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2020 11:16 PM

Attorney General is pretty much a career ender, with the exception of Bobby Kennedy who was elected Senator from NY in 1964, and a few who were appointed to the Supreme Court — and the last time that happened was Tom Clarke under Truman.

I suspect that the Keebler Elf himself, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, wishes now that he had stayed in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 99August 7, 2020 2:03 AM

Word is Whitmer is being vetted very recently

by Anonymousreply 100August 8, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote]Who Should Joe Biden Choose As His Running Mate?

This chick, she gets it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 8, 2020 11:21 PM

I'm not excited by any of them and wish he hadn't committed to a woman. Adam Schiff could have kicked some ass and taken names as a VP and President in Waiting.

by Anonymousreply 102August 9, 2020 12:05 AM

Adam Schiff is the most boring and stiffest member of Congress and you're excited by him???

by Anonymousreply 103August 9, 2020 12:25 AM

^^^ I don't care how boring he is, he has experience and would know what to do. He is also just an example, plenty of others better than the list above.

by Anonymousreply 104August 9, 2020 12:36 AM

His only choice since day one was a black woman and it really doesn't matter which one he picks.

by Anonymousreply 105August 9, 2020 2:14 AM

I can't believe some of you are "claiming " you won't vote if Biden picks someone you don't approve of. Remember there are other races on the ballot that are important, Senators for some, congressmen/women for everyone, some Governors, other state and local races, some judges and some ballot proposals.

I just don't get not voting, Republicans vote and vote in every election, they are a minority party but they keep winning national and local elections even in blue states and blue areas because they hold their noses and vote for their party, while Democrats and progressives want a purity test or their choice and if they don't get what they want they refuse to vote for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 106August 9, 2020 2:52 AM

r26, not to mention racist.

r1 is a sexist and a racist. Shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 107August 9, 2020 3:22 AM

Can anyone report that R1 threw him/ her/ it/ self in front of a bus, and is now dead, dead, dead? Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 108August 9, 2020 3:43 AM

Whitmer is still being considered...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 9, 2020 4:21 AM

Tammy Baldwin from WI would help swing state IA

by Anonymousreply 110August 9, 2020 4:35 AM

Not Rice.

by Anonymousreply 111August 9, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote] Adam Schiff is the most boring and stiffest member of Congress

Um, excuse me, but I hold the title of stiffest Congressman. Ask any of my interns.

by Anonymousreply 112August 9, 2020 12:01 PM

Well this poll turned out to be correct.

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2020 8:24 PM

Clearly his advisers were looking to the DL poll to make sure the pick was right r113.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2020 8:27 PM

I still kind of wish it would have been Michelle Lujan Grisham.

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2020 8:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!