Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: 116 E. 68th St NYC, 1931 3-bedroom co-op, $1.495M

A 3-bedtoom, 3-bath apartment in a handsome building. An excellent plan and simple, classic detailing (and nice metal casement windows.) The only complaints a 9'4" ceiling height which is baseline luxury, and a $6k monthly fee which likely holds the price down to what otherwise seems reasonable.

Hunter College surrounds it to the north and east, two blocks west across Park Ave to Central Park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 25, 2021 12:36 AM

$72,000 a year for MAINTENANCE? What do they maintain for that?

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2020 11:24 PM

I assume it includes property tax.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2020 11:27 PM

The kitchen is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2020 11:28 PM

Those views!

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2020 11:29 PM

R3, they seem to show just part of the pantry, so who knows what the kitchen proper looks like.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2020 11:31 PM

Co-op fees include real estate taxes, staff salaries and benefits, and interest payments on any debt the building is carrying. Typically this would mean a high percentage is tax deductible, but It, not sure how the Trump “fuck NYC” tax limits that.

Flip tax of 3% paid by the buyer? Unusual. Typically the seller pays.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2020 11:34 PM

The main rooms are beautiful and full of light and I love that. But I wouldn't have anything in NY without some kind of outdoor space, even if it's a Juliet-type balcony or fire escape. Otherwise it feels like a hotel.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2020 11:35 PM

$1.5M and no in-suite laundry? Hard pass. And don’t give me that “but most buildings in NYC don’t have in-suite laundry!” crap.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2020 11:54 PM

I'd want to have a view of something other than the apartments across the street.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 1:15 AM

It's great - and you can't ask for more for only $1.5. million. Most buildings in NYC don't have in-suite laundry.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote]$1.5M and no in-suite laundry? Hard pass. And don’t give me that “but most buildings in NYC don’t have in-suite laundry!” crap.

Is the Iowa housewife too lazy to walk <35' to the in-apartment laundry room? Or have the cleaning person do it?

Oh, and no in-suite pool, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 8:16 AM

[quote]I'd want to have a view of something other than the apartments across the street.

I would like, too, R9, and it's not even apartments but the university library and offices it seems. The building that the apartment is in is quite attractive and the building next door, and the buildings behind (the E. 67th St. apartment building is pre-war and the two buildings separated by a small landscaped plaza), and the wonderful gothic building at the other end of the block at E 6th and Lexington; in front, unfortunately, is not the most beautiful block in that part of town. I would prefer leafier and more residential and older than the rather ugly Hunter College building, but views and picture postcard blocks cost extra. For me, a fairly ideal apartment that seems a good value relative what can be had for that amount in other buildings; I could live with the not so terrible compromises.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 8:29 AM

Starting at about 60th going north to 72nd and from Lexington to Fifth is one of the most gorgeous areas of Lenox Hill/UES IMHO. It is the rich heartland of Manhattan's UES.

While it is unfortunate 116 East 68th is basically on a block that is an extension of Hunter College's campus there are various advantages to the location.

Subway is right on corner (IRT 68th street). Cross town bus stops right there as well (east bound), with west bound one block down at 67th street. There is shopping, dining and services on both Lexington and Third avenues.

We've discussed this area before on DL in various "tasteful friends" threads. Joan Crawford lived just down the street at 150 East 69th (the Imperial House), a building that spans entire city block from Lexington to Third between 68th and 69th. It was built in 1960 replacing former Sisters of Charity Foundling Hospital that moved downtown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 10:57 AM

OP is correct, that $6k monthly maintenance bill certainly affects price.

Only way to dig into finanices of this building (or any other co-op for that matter) is to ask and see books. Most co-ops only allow those a bit along in approval process to do that, and of course you'll have to sign all sorts of non disclosure documents.

Maybe the building as a ground lease. Or, they raised assessments to cover needed work on building.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 11:02 AM

I would get rid of the old maid's room & expand the kitchen, which needs gutted anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 11:10 AM

My failing eyes! Thanks for pointing that out R11.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 11:16 AM

Ah, I see R8/R16! I thought you were being a stickler for a laundry room as part of a bedroom suite, and thought, well that's a little specific, a needle in a haystack in NYC I should think, but it does have an actual laundry room, rare enough in a co-op that isn't vast and hasn't been extensively reworked.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 11:27 AM

R7 is VERY FANCY. She insists on outdoor space.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 11:27 AM

You girls moaning about lack of a laundry room are too late; should have gone for the penthouse unit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 11:28 AM

Unit on same floor went into contract. So there goes the myth people are fleeing UES pre-war co-ops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 11:32 AM

R3, what we can see of the kitchen is a beautifully preserved mid-century modern kitchen. Whether you'd like to cook in it today is up to you, but it goes with the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 11:40 AM

Standard Classic 6 with an insane monthly maintenance fee.

Somewhere around $2K is more common

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote]expand the kitchen, which [bold]needs gutted[/bold] anyway.

When you're from Pittsburgh, you have to do something, r15.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 12:18 PM

R14 is right, the $6k monthly maintenance is a huge red flag. If it's land lease bldg, RUN away. The description didn't say it was, so something else is wrong. That is NOT a normal fee.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2020 12:20 PM

Perhaps it includes a temporary assessment.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2020 12:26 PM

How insane relative the price, R22? Many 2 bedroom co-ops in the neighborhood of the same approximate price have fees of $3500/4000, but also have lesser finishes, less desirable plans, small windows, one bedroom less, and a host of other shortcomings. Many condos of the same price and 2-bedrooms have fees of about $1300/mo. and taxes of the about same amount, so $2500/2600 a month compared to $6000, but the apartments are a different kettle of fish.

Even allowing the fees are excessive by nearly $3500/mo. is $42,000 a year, an amount made more palatable by the low price overall (as offset for being both a co-op and having high fees) and factoring in how many years you might expect to live there. Not saying it doesn't hurt a bit to spend an extra $3500 a month for years, but finding the equivalent co-op at the same price in the same neighborhood and with monthly fees of about $2500.

I couldn't find any 3-bedroom prewar co-op in Lenox Hill with monthly fees under $3000. One came close at 333 E 68th Street (link), under contract for $200K more and monthly fees at $3035. It's nice, or could be, but not nearly so nice as this one at No. 116.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2020 12:28 PM

The Hermes blanket draped artfully over the arm of the couch is absolutely tacky beyond words.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2020 12:52 PM

Very nice, R19, and what a terrace.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote] Not saying it doesn't hurt a bit to spend an extra $3500 a month for years, but finding the equivalent co-op at the same price in the same neighborhood and with monthly fees of about $2500.

It seems like you didn’t finish this sentence.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2020 1:39 PM

A bedroom off the kitchen?

Oh, how gauche.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2020 1:39 PM

Why does this seem very affordable to me?

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2020 1:46 PM

Because of the misleading price tag due to the $6,000 monthly maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2020 1:51 PM

Yes, R29, my mistake. I should have ended the sentence by saying that a co-op of that size and quality in that neighborhood at a comparable price can't be found (at the moment at least) with a monthly fee under $3000.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]$72,000 a year for MAINTENANCE? What do they maintain for that?

It doesn't say in the listing but it looks like this apartment is approx. 2,000 sq ft.

Two full time doorman and a live in property manager, among many other costs that are shared between just 59 units.

In a larger CONDOMINIUM building like this you'd still be looking at $0.80 - $1.00/sq. ft for maintenance fees, probably a bit more if utilities are included. I'm going to guess that for this building "maintenance" would run at least $1.20/sq ft, so for this unit would be $2,400/mo.

So what's in the other $4,600? Property taxes + ???

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2020 2:18 PM

did you see they've dropped the price? from $1,675, 000

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2020 2:24 PM

Right next to Hunter College. I hope you like chicas yelling at each other all day and half the night.

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2020 2:28 PM

$1.5MM for the right to rent it for $6,000/month. Great price for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2020 2:31 PM

The overall price is very low. There's something wrong with the apartment that we're not seeing. Noisy? Damp? The high monthly maintenance doesn't make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2020 2:33 PM

That's a lot of apartment for that kind of money in NYC. The only possible negative I can see is the kitchen, which from the little they showed looks like it could use an upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2020 2:35 PM

It's nice. Hate most of the flooring. The unimaginative, repetitive staging was obviously done by Gold & French.

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2020 2:38 PM

[quote] , repetitive staging was obviously done by Gold & French.

Between the two of them you’d think one of them would’ve gotten it right.

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2020 3:29 PM

The ceilings are boring!

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2020 3:34 PM

I would love to see the inside of some of your homes. I'm imaging garish colors and bold patterns and just general yuckiness.

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2020 3:56 PM

It's a co-op so whoever tries to buy it will have to deal with the Snooty McSnoots who'll pass judgement on them over the most idiotic things. "Oh we can't have them in the building. She had the gall to wear white after Labor Day. Better they buy somewhere much farther downtown where their sort lives".

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2020 4:02 PM

R43's house >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2020 4:11 PM

That ridiculous maintenance fee indicates something is wrong with the building -- perhaps some kind of expensive repairs have been done, or the underlying mortgage was in trouble, or something. You just don't see a maintenance that high for an otherwise nice but unexceptional apartment in a good but not fabulous neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Well I dare say the property taxes alone on that building are astronomical. And it's an old building that will obviously require more maintenance than a new construction.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2020 4:17 PM

The bathrooms must be old. They don't show an image of any of them. Old bathrooms and an old kitchen will kill a sale in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2020 4:32 PM

The only bathroom for visitors to use is through the kitchen or one of the bedrooms. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2020 4:39 PM

Nice article on the building from a decade ago by the late Christopher Gray .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2020 4:39 PM

Based on the schematic that image of the "kitchen" actually appears to be the butler's pantry.

The biggest negative I have with it is no outside space at all. I just couldn't stand being cooped up inside with the only way to get outside for a breath of air would be to actually take the elevator down and leave the building. Private outdoor space, no matter how small, is simply a must for me.

by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2020 4:46 PM

High maintenance fee = Lower price

Lower maintenance fee = higher price

It's a lot of money for a maintenance fee, but you don't have to scratch too deep to turn up similar monthly fees for other good buildings.

One block north and one block east, another co-op, same 3-bed/3-bath, but an inferior apartment and building with no real advantage to my eye is $1M more and has a monthly fee of $3625, a big savings in fees but at a cost

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 4, 2020 4:54 PM

Well, most people in New York don't have it, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 53August 4, 2020 4:54 PM

Or a condo, same 3-be/3-bath, but smaller it seems and nothing very special about it at all for twice the price....and $2300 in monthly fees + $2900 in taxes = $5200.

It's always apples and oranges except maybe within the same building or two very similar and closely located buildings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 4, 2020 4:59 PM

Is the building falling down? How much maintenance can it possibly need to require such insane fees?

by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2020 5:03 PM

For that $6k each month, an immigrant woman will come to your apartment weekly, pick up your laundry, and return it to you sparkling fresh the next day.

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2020 5:05 PM

We own and manage a lovely little boutique apartment house on East 68th Street. The beautiful East River is right outside your front door. Why spend money on buying a co-op with outrageous maintenance fees when you can rent from us. Call us at MUrray Hill 7-4295 to arrange a viewing.

by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2020 5:14 PM

r4

I just adore a penthouse view

by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2020 5:17 PM

The closet space is woefully inadequate

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote]It's a co-op so whoever tries to buy it will have to deal with the Snooty McSnoots who'll pass judgement on them over the most idiotic things. "Oh we can't have them in the building. She had the gall to wear white after Labor Day. Better they buy somewhere much farther downtown where their sort lives".

That sounds like HEAVEN to me.

by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]and a live in property manager,

Who probably gets a basement apartment (like Schneider) and minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]If it's land lease bldg, RUN away.

Land-lease buildings make up a small fraction of the residential buildings in New York. There are approximately 100 land-lease buildings in the city, mainly in Manhattan, with a high concentration in Lincoln Square and Battery Park City. Their unique characteristic is that they sit on land that does not belong to the building, but to a landowner. Yes — a land-lease building does not own the land it sits on. This odd situation came about when the landowner preferred to retain ownership of the land, rather than sell it to the developer, thus benefiting from rent charges for years to come.

Most buildings on land leases (aka ground rents) are co-ops. The land is generally leased for long terms (50 to 99 years), and apartment owners pay a land rent that’s wrapped into their maintenance fees (or common charges, in the case of condos).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2020 5:28 PM

So you get to be a shareholder AND a renter, too!

More for your money?

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2020 5:35 PM

For $6000 a month, you could actually just rent a pretty nice apartment.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2020 7:22 PM

That is actually a fabulous building, or pair of buildings, as the NYT article explains. There is beautiful landscaped courtyard between the two. I am also surprised that the price is as low as it is for a classic six just off Park Avenue., but the monthly costs are huge. This is a property for the very wealthy, who want an elegant, full-service building and the advantages of the location. As for the rest of us, we can sneak a glimpse into the lobby while riding the 67-68 Street crosstown bus.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2020 7:34 PM

Dorothy Kilgallen and Roy Cohn had townhouses one block over, west of Park Avenue, and Joan Crawford lived at The Imperial, a block east.

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2020 7:36 PM

Milan House is a fantastic bldg.

There is literally W and D marked on the floorplan, so there is definitely laundry in the apartment; there is probably also a laundry room in the bldg.

The tiny bedroom off the kitchen is clearly a servant room which is standard for a classic 6.

The fees are high. The apartment needs work but $1.495M for this close to the park, the 456 stop at Hunter College... it's cheap. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2020 7:50 PM

It's no Sherry Netherland.

by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2020 8:10 PM

The price is surprisingly low considering how big the place is and the location. However the maintenance fees are nuts. I would not want to live right next door to Hunter College.

As someone just noted, you could rent a terrific apartment for 6k a month.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2020 8:11 PM

R51

Then guess you won't be living in Manhattan, NYC anytime soon, because not many apartments have "private outdoor spaces". Unless you nab a penthouse most pre-war apartments don't have terraces or balconies. Things that went up post WWII, especially from 1960 onward is another matter. If a balcony or terrace is that important to you, there is always Imperial House one block east Or, the Manhattan House two blocks east at Third and 66th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2020 8:31 PM

r70

Uncle Bill and Oliver Douglas had terraces

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2020 8:34 PM

Those low ceilings make me feel so claustrophobic, r70

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2020 8:40 PM

R61 et al

Resident/building mangers and superintendents are two different positions. While yes both tend to live onsite for a certain class of buildings, at least the former tends to have very good accommodations. Certainly not always basement apartments many of you seem to believe.

Many resident managers on UES send their children to same local top public schools as residents, and otherwise take advantage of locations. This or they go to some of "our very best" Manhattan private schools. Superintendents will do this also, in fact many other staff such as doormen will use their work address as home to get their kids into area good public schools (such as P.S. 6)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2020 8:43 PM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2020 8:46 PM

It should come as no surprise that there are many who can (and likely have) paid all cash for apartments at the Milan, and can easily manage monthly fees out of pocket.

For many decades plenty of those working on Wall Street/in finance could easily pay one, two or three million for a property out of their end of year bonus. Now of course you have tech bros like Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos who also could purchase such units with cash, and suffer no diminution to their estates. In fact sums involved would be barely rounding errors.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2020 8:51 PM

One thing always to keep in mind about pre-war is no one is nor has built anything like these buildings since largely before WWII. Changes in NYC zoning and other local laws almost prevent, more so the new "global warming" initiatives that all but mandate things built along passive house design. It's all you can do these days to find multi-family housing with windows that fully open in new construction.

Robert Stern is among few trying to keep pre-war type things alive; but everyone else is going for those hideous glass office building type boxes.

Still if you want masonry and plaster/lath walls several feet thick, wood burning fireplaces. generous floor plans (that actually work), along with various architectural details you're largely going to be looking at pre-war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote] Resident/building mangers and superintendents are two different positions. While yes both tend to live onsite for a certain class of buildings, at least the former tends to have very good accommodations. Certainly not always basement apartments many of you seem to believe.

This apartment is in One Sutton Place South, for most of it's existence, one of the most exclusive co-ops in the city. Because the building is built on a sloping lot, the rooms facing south and east are at ground level, but the rooms facing north are in the basement with windows just above grade. It's an owner apartment and not a building employee living quarters. So, if you don't mind lesser mortals peering in your windows as they pass by, and the very snooty Board actually lets you buy in, it will cost you $5.8 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2020 12:53 AM

I really like the wall color.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2020 1:15 AM

R71

If you would but recall opening theme song from "Green Acres" Mrs. Douglass "gets allergric smelling hay", and "adores a penthouse view".

It is fairly obvious from opening credits that the Mr. and Mrs. Douglass lived in said penthouse, thus the terrace.

Couldn't know it better; few if any pre-war UES (or UWS, Greenwich Village, West Village, Beekman Place, Sutton Place, etc.... for that matter) buildings have units with balconies or terraces outside of penthouses. This or ones that do are on higher floors.

Walk along Fifth, Madison, Park or even Lexington avenues and you'll find majority of multi-family with such things largely went up from 1950's on ward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2020 1:23 AM

The gardens (between the E. 68th and E. 67th St. buildings) are nice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2020 11:31 AM

^ there’s nothing special about that garden

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2020 11:42 AM

R81, we find ourselves of different minds, then. I think it a lovely garden to have (and the airspace above it) affording a generous separation of two apartment buildings and allowing them to have fully realized rear elevations and views front and back (better in back for the 68th Street building). You do not.

Different people like different things. To know that is to know all.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote] for most of it's existence,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 12:18 PM

It’s a courtyard with a few fucking plants and trees. Stop being so pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2020 4:45 PM

Only if you stop being so angry, R84.

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]It’s a courtyard with a few fucking plants and trees. Stop being so pretentious.

An amenity like this in a prime Manhattan location is very desirable -- maybe not to you, R84, but there are a lot of people willing to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 86August 6, 2020 12:04 AM

R86 and that’s what makes it even more pathetic. A view inside to look directly at another apartment? A courtyard with no place to sit? You millionaires in NYC really are suckers for punishment to live in such squalor and look down on the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 87August 6, 2020 12:24 AM

Right across the street from Hunter College with its Danny and Sylvia Fine Kaye Playhouse and cruisy men's room (well, it used to be at any rate).

by Anonymousreply 88August 6, 2020 12:37 AM

Then that's one big plus to the location!

by Anonymousreply 89August 6, 2020 1:13 AM

R8 The floor plan shows a tiny laundry room off the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 90August 6, 2020 3:22 AM

On another note, if you peep at brokers who have this listing at Compass, you'll see "old guard" or whatever you want to call them persons at work.

It also goes a long way in explaining how high end RE operates. As stated in another thread on subject some average RE salesperson who no one has ever heard of wouldn't get near this building. It is all about connections; family, professional, social and otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 6, 2020 5:53 AM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 6, 2020 5:55 AM

I think the gardens are beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 93August 6, 2020 5:56 AM

This building allows 50% financing, thus am wondering if that plays some role in high monthly charges as well. Perhaps building keeps or is trying to build up substantial reserves just in case....

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2020 5:58 AM

As front loading washing machines have become more common many building that once banned laundry appliances, now allow. Indeed many simply must nowadays as virtually all new construction (especially at luxury level) have en suite laundry appliances. Lower down rentals may have laundry facilities on each floor, common laundry room, or simply have them en suite as well.

Game changer has been growing acceptance of condenser (vent-less) dryers and now heat pump versions as well. Both remove need for venting and thus mean laundry appliances can be literally placed anywhere; long as there is water and drain connection for washing machine.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2020 6:02 AM

[quote] The floor plan shows a tiny laundry room off the kitchen.

Gee thanks, Poirot.

We haven’t already found that out way, way up in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2020 11:06 AM

R91 he owned Session 73.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2020 11:08 AM

R97

Is that place still open? They need better inventory management. What bar is constantly out of Corona?

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2020 11:08 PM

In contract!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2020 8:43 PM

The neighbourhood is kind of dull (a friend of mine lives a few blocks south of there by 3rd Ave) but also quite busy/noisy being so close to the college.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2020 9:05 PM

That block even with Hunter College is still far more quiet and vastly better than ten or so blocks north with that place across from Lenox Hill hospital.

Have walked past or down that part of East 68th after say 9PM and it is rather quiet, even when college is in session. Overnight it is dead as rest of UES in that area.

There is also a certain charm about that part of Lenox Hill, again something you don't see at that place across from LHH.

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2020 9:14 PM

No surprise for me, R99, the Millan House apartment—116E. 68th—is very nice indeed. Fees are high but the price reflects that.

And I still want the tapestry.

by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2020 8:57 AM

OP, I think it’s a fantastic place to live in.

I’d live there and go to school across the street. Lol!

Seriously though. Too bad it’s so expensive, cuz it’s a perfect place for a student.

by Anonymousreply 103October 20, 2020 10:20 AM

OMG. Look at how many apts are currently for sale in Manhattan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 20, 2020 10:31 AM

Curious what the story on the maintenance is--that's about double for an apartment that size.

The building is large too, which is the red flag-- if it were a small building they might have gotten his with a one-time issue they needed to pay for (problem with small coops) but in a larger building that's a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 105October 20, 2020 10:45 AM

R105, money laundering?

by Anonymousreply 106October 20, 2020 11:14 AM

Am sure we discussed 205 East 69th PHDE listing somewhere on DL, but cannot find atm.

Anyway place was sold for full asking back in August....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 20, 2020 11:39 AM

I don't think r30 caught enough shit for not recognizing a maid's room.

by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2020 12:13 PM

"Is the Iowa housewife too lazy to walk <35' to the in-apartment laundry room? Or have the cleaning person do it?"

I have no problem doing my own laundry. I just don't want my garments being washed in the same machine as your skid marked, pea stained underwear with the holes in it. Surely even an low life, dirtball scumbag like you should be able to understand my sentiments.

by Anonymousreply 109October 20, 2020 12:35 PM

And that should be pee stained underwear, cunt. Bought at Walmart, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2020 12:45 PM

Unlike R110's underwear which is purchased at the JC Penney at the East Central North Flyoverstan Mall

by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2020 1:06 PM

Fuck you R111, that mall is trash and has been ever since Macy's closed down

I buy them online!!!

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2020 1:06 PM

R109: What are you on about? The apartment HAS its own laundry room, in the fucking apartment.

Keep up. All this has been discussed. Months ago.

And you can stick your pretentious fag "garments" up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2020 1:26 PM

The street view on Google Maps is incredibly ugly. I wouldn't want to live next to Hunter College.

by Anonymousreply 114October 21, 2020 9:50 AM

[quote] I wouldn't want to live next to Hunter College.

Hudson University, on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 115October 21, 2020 4:54 PM

R1 R2 $72,0000 is nearly 6 years of rent for me and it's a side expense for whoever buys this place.

by Anonymousreply 116October 21, 2020 5:00 PM

East 68th St.? Oh, I think not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 21, 2020 5:16 PM

Starkly furnished. Did a monk live there?

by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2020 5:21 PM

Sold!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 25, 2021 12:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!