Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Darin Zanyar one of Sweden's biggest pop stars comes out as gay

Darin Zanyar, the Swedish pop singer-songwriter known by simply his first name Darin, has come out as gay in a post on Instagram, timed to coincide with Stockholm’s annual Pride celebration. Zanyar has had seven #1 albums in Sweden after rising to fame on Swedish Idol in 2004.

Wrote Darin: “Everyone in the world should be able to be proud and accepted for who they are. I know how difficult it can be. Took me a while, but I am proud to be gay. Happy pride!”

Here’s the video for Darin’s first single, “Money for Nothing” which was written by Robyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2021 12:10 AM

Celia Rubinstein was a friend to all mankind......

WHO????!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2020 11:04 PM

Darin Zanyar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2020 11:11 PM

good for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2020 11:20 PM

He doesn't look Swedish to me.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 1:16 AM

Parents are Iraqi Kurds.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 1:29 AM

Oh my god I’ve been crushing on this guy for years! I actually was just looking him up online a couple weeks ago wondering if he was still recording. I loved his cover of Viva La Vida. Go Darin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 1:30 AM

Dick pics or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 5:22 AM

I always knew he was gay lol. I discovered him years ago because I was looking for new male pop stars and I loved a lot of his songs. His music I heard is basically gay bubblegum pop perfection.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2020 2:10 PM

Was it even necessary???? I could see that he's gay even if he were on the Moon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2020 2:21 PM

He's of Iraqi descent, so not technically Swedish, much in the same way the model Jizzelle Bunchen is only Brazilian by birth, she's actually of German descent.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2020 2:24 PM

R10

Your logic is racist xenophobic garbage. He is Swedish. Everything recognizes him as Swedish.

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2020 2:30 PM

R9 He really likes his head jerk moves and showcasing his railroad track braces, huh? And that ever-so-carefully unkempt hair.

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2020 2:30 PM

I always thought Eric Saade was gay too. Maybe not

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2020 2:36 PM

Just another bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote]Your logic is racist xenophobic garbage. He is Swedish. Everything recognizes him as Swedish.

Leave it to the newbie DL posters to immediately assume my post is "racist xenophobic garbage" honestly, go fuck yourself. I still stand by my logic and my logic is true. My logic has NOTHING to do with being a racist or a xenophobe, but the typical DL knee-jerk reaction always goes there.

One of my cousins, he's of Italian descent, was born in Argentina, being born there sure does not make him an Argentinean, only by birth, not by descent. What about that don't you comprehend? Same for my cousin of French/Italian descent who was born in North African, he's not an African, he was imply born there. Another relative's wife is of Pakistani descent, yet she was born in Norway and grew up there, she sure isn't Norwegian, she was simply born there because her family settled there.

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2020 3:20 PM

Who’s he fucking?

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2020 12:58 AM

What happened to this guy? Did coming out kill his career?

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2021 1:55 AM

Will there ever be an "ethnic" American?

by Anonymousreply 18February 26, 2021 2:07 AM

He has a lovely voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2021 2:10 AM

Does he eat kurds and whey?

by Anonymousreply 20February 26, 2021 3:05 AM

He does have a nice voice. I like the last song that he sings in Swedish. He also looks the best in that video. The messed up picture thing isn’t working for them him. He’s good looking and he doesn’t need to go with that kind of look to sing

by Anonymousreply 21February 26, 2021 3:25 AM

He has gorgeous eyes.

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2021 12:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!