Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Official “ Complain about your idiot family members here“ thread

My only brother (age 55) makes bad decision after bad decision and only survives financially on handouts from me and our mother. Of course he rejects any and all advice about how to make smarter life decisions, and has a tantrum if he feels like he has been criticized. Every month or so, I get very close to cutting him off but can’t do it.

Please share stories about other, useless family members here. I am praying I’m not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 6:35 PM

Fuck you, OP. Let me talk to mom. I need my rent paid.

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2020 9:25 PM

My grandma. She’s mean and stingy as hell. But she’s also rich. I’ve tried to be nice to her my whole life but she’s still mostly mean to me. She wouldn’t give you a piece of corn out of her shit.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2020 9:31 PM

My whole fam is fucked,

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2020 11:09 PM

My sister is a fucking nightmare. She causes shitstorms wherever she goes. We call her Mrs. Bin Laden.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2020 11:13 PM

I prefer to get up close and personal and complain about my idiot family members right in their fucking faces.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2020 11:14 PM

My daughter, Dorothy. She's still living at home and it's crimping my style. When I see her coming, I hide.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 5:07 PM

My brother is a hectoring nag in denial about his husband’s constant affairs. To distract himself in mid life, he has appointed himself a Certified Life Coach and is constantly up my ass about “making smarter life decisions,” as he calls them. He is constantly buying me things like white jeans, then gets enraged when I return them for store credit. Every month he swears he’ll never speak to me again, but then hits the tina and starts ranting to me about removing my “hideous, depressing popcorn ceiling” - even though I have told him repeatedly it is not permitted under condo by-laws because of soundproofing. Our mother enables him by saying “you two boys - just rise above” and sending me tacky jimcracks that “your brother said will dress up your mantle!”

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 5:44 PM

Both sides of my family are mostly deplorables, but now that my parents are dead, I have no reason to interact with them ever again. A few still try to reach out to me, but why should I put myself through that Trump loving, Fox watching, bullshit?

I have one brother, and he's okay I guess. He's much older and we live thousands of miles apart. We don't hate each other but we are not super close.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 6:30 PM

My sister is for some reason unable to function successfully as an independent adult and I am terrified what's going to happen when my Mom is no longer around to handle her.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!