Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lifetime Announces 1st GAY Xmas Mvoie

Titled "Christmas Set-up"

Hugo, a New York corporate lawyer and his best friend Madelyn head to Milwaukee to spend the holidays with his mom Kate, who is also in charge of the local Christmas celebrations. Ever the matchmaker, Kate arranges for Hugo to run into Patrick, Hugo’s high school friend and secret crush, who has recently returned after a successful stint in Silicon Valley. As they enjoy the local holiday festivities together, Hugo and Patrick’s attraction to each other is undeniable and it looks as though Kate’s well-intentioned Santa-style matchmaking is a success. But as Hugo receives word of a big promotion requiring a move to London, he must decide what is most important to him

Casting is underway - HOWEVER if Lifetime mandate is "Television for WOMEN" why are they doing this movie about gay men? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to do a Lesbian love-story as lesbians are women, hence the mandate for Lifetime is about WOMEN

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 4:40 AM

[quote] HOWEVER if Lifetime mandate is "Television for WOMEN" why are they doing this movie about gay men? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to do a Lesbian love-story as lesbians are women, hence the mandate for Lifetime is about WOMEN

You’re not too bright, are you?

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2020 6:00 PM

Milestone in television history to be sure! Hallmark, if you’re listening ....

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2020 6:02 PM

OP, in my experience, I've known many straight women who go on and on about how much they love gay men. But they act weirded out by gay women.

Just like there are lots of straight men who are just fine with lesbians, but they get nervous around gay men.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2020 6:03 PM

[quote]Milestone in television history to be sure! Hallmark, if you’re listening ....

Hallmark is way ahead of you, R2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2020 6:09 PM

TV doesn’t understand or care about the differences between gay men and heterosexual women. They think we are interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 5:31 PM

Great news... I ordinarily don't watch these... (Jewish, and not into Christmas Hetero love stories) yet I may check these out. I cannot deny Lifetime can be an easy cheap escape for me at times, just usually the murdering, stalking, perving, and creeping scary plots.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 5:41 PM

OP perhaps they'll get on with a lesbian Christmas romance soon. I've watched a film about a young lesbian forced into a retaliatory gay conversion home on Lifetime before. (based on a true story) The heroine had a girlfriend and they featured them kissing, so I ddon't believe they're against the idea.

I think they finally realised that they have a huge gay male following, and are catering to that. Perhaps not as many lesbians?

Keep that chin up, and fingers crossed. You sound madly disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 5:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 4:30 AM

I'm waiting for "Liza's Miracle Wedding on Ice at the North Pole."

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 4:34 AM

OP, are you not aware most of gay male romantic novels are written by women for women? Actually some of the best sexually explicit gay stories I've read have been by women. If a story has nuance and believable character development at Nifty I immediately think it's possibly by a woman.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!