Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So who is behind the Ellen takedown?

Let’s get the real tea!

by Anonymousreply 235October 1, 2020 10:05 AM

What’s the Tig and Ellen beef? Former fuck buddies turned bad?

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2020 6:04 AM

The Reddit thread about this was odd. Like a lot of automated bots agreeing with each other. And very nasty and over the top.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2020 6:12 AM

I think her and Tig had some beef because Tig didn’t feel like Ellen gave her a spotlight when she could have. But don’t quote me on that.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2020 6:18 AM

It’s hard to know someone from t.v. but I like Ellen and not u see stand why everyone hates her literally overnight. Shades of Hillary about.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2020 6:21 AM

Ellen is actually really funny with her stand up and her comedic ideas are really smart. I never got into her daytime show but I can’t judge it because I’ve never really watched it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2020 6:24 AM

Herself.

It is her behavior.

She brought it on herself with years and years of bad behavior she somehow got away with, long enough to bank gazillions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2020 6:31 AM

What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2020 6:33 AM

Putin, according to Twitter LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2020 12:58 PM

The internet has damaged people’s brains. Logical consequences for bad behavior don’t exist anymore - now everything is some conspiracy secret plot by someone who dislikes them. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2020 1:03 PM

Please enlighten us as to what bad behavior of her's warrants her losing her show, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2020 1:21 PM

Kelly Clarkson and Rachael Ray.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2020 1:33 PM

Bret Easton Ellis interviewed Anne Heche. It's excellent. But this "other side" to Ellen ain't new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2020 1:41 PM

What SPECIFICALLY did she do?

This is like chasing a ghost.

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2020 2:57 PM

R8 is very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 14August 3, 2020 3:00 PM

ResisterBarbie @dlmluckytiger · 1h Replying to @MorganNarrates FOCUS people!!! #ReplceEllen was started by Russian bots. The only ones we need to replace in #Election2020 are: #DumpTrump2020 #DitchMitch2020 #LeningradLindsey #LadyG #SusanCollins #JohnCornyn #MattGaetz #DevinNunes and all #ComplicitCorruptGOP!!! #VoteBlue2020 #DearMichigan

by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2020 3:00 PM

I'll show that bitch who's boss!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 3, 2020 3:01 PM

None of them. It is all her own doing. If she treated people with respect instead of being such a cunt she wouldn't be in this position now. Kindness and being reasonable is free.

by Anonymousreply 17August 3, 2020 3:02 PM

This has been going on for years but now people have a lot less tolerance for it.

by Anonymousreply 18August 3, 2020 3:03 PM

The Illuminati in an alliance with the Rosicrucians and the Better Business Bureau.

by Anonymousreply 19August 3, 2020 3:04 PM

Thats weird that this was trending in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 20August 3, 2020 3:09 PM

R20. Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2020 3:26 PM

I read the producers were actually running the terror regime and bullying and harassing employees. They claim Ellen did not know about this. Yeah, right. I was following a very vocal Ellen producer on Twitter and in May he suddenly announced he was taking an extended break. They obviously knew shit was about to hit the fan and their reign was over.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2020 3:36 PM

Anybody know what she did specifically that was so horrible?

by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2020 3:41 PM

Getting rid of Ellen is probably saving money somehow.

These things don’t seem to come to a head until money is involved.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2020 3:42 PM

Miserable fat underpaid or unemployed women on DL of all places, seem to love to hate Ellen. Maybe some gossipy near retirement shop bottoms, but I doubt even they would be bothered enough to invest the energy.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2020 3:45 PM

Why wasn't Vivian Vance's bluejeans a choice in the poll?

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2020 4:18 PM

None of those people. She pissed off someone important we don't know about.

They finally got tired of her lame dancing and unleashed the Kraken on her ass.

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote]It is her behavior.

No, it's not. It's the behavior of her production staff. The accusers have stated explicitly that Ellen was not the problem. They rarely even interacted with her.

Ellen should have come out immediately when all of this started months ago and corrected the situation. All she had to do was pay her employees at the start of the pandemic. If she had done that, it would have been a one week story and already forgotten about.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2020 4:33 PM

R28 there have been blind items for YEARS about how she fires people directly left and right for the stupidest reasons (“offensive smells,” Interns saying hi to her in the hallway, etc.). She is also a hypocrite, picking and choosing when and what she stands up for and when to stay silent on the same issue (I.e. homophobia). She is stuck on this idea that she’s a victim (read her NY Times piece from a year or two ago so you can see her whine about how hard it is to be nice and dance for people on the street when she’s recognized—which is few and far between given that she travels privately and with an entourage). Watch her take extreme pleasure at scaring the shit out of everyone on her show and game of games. All of these things make her a hypocrite and asshole. Should she be fired for all of this? I dunno, people seem to be good at voting with their viewing habits, and now that this is out, I doubt she’ll recover in terms of popularity. But I certainly think people have a right to know when people they admire and spread messages of love and kindness are angry, bitter, and somewhat sadistic. This applies to anyone in Hollywood, though, not just Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2020 4:48 PM

Russian bots, a vengeful guest, jealousy, mental health issues, lazy employees... anything but the buck stopping at Ellen's feet.

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2020 4:55 PM

She is being canceled because of blind items?

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 5:19 PM

It was an organized pack attack that is trying to be minimised by trolls now because it is now being talked about as a coordinated attack. The ferocity of it alerted certain people who monitor media.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2020 5:28 PM

R32, are they just trying to make an example out of her?

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2020 5:42 PM

R29 idk, offensive smells might have more behind it. I know plenty of people that can't deal with certain smells, not even necessarily bad smells, but perfumes. They get terrible headaches (or worse, migraines), have allergies, or whatever.

Seems like a bunch of petty bullshit, especially when replacement talks mention other assholes like James Corden. A lot of the rumors have evolved to sound much worse, like the trans person Nikki from YouTube not getting their own bathroom, has now become "Ellen denied Nikki a bathroom all together"

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2020 5:51 PM

My theory: NBC Universal engineered the takedown.

The top brass have probably known all along about Ellen’s abusive behavior, but chose to ignore it based on her value to NBC-owned stations.

Then COVID-19 came along, and the network took a huge financial hit. Suddenly it made “financial sense” to unload this highly paid talk show host. Suddenly, “new allegations” they’ve known about for years hit the mainstream media. And voila! Instant excuse to get rid of her and save a few bucks!

by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2020 5:51 PM

There is something that is engineered about the whole thing.

It’s very much like Pizza Gate and the Bowling Greene Massacre

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2020 5:53 PM

Cancel Culture is now cancelling out each ally one by one.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 5:55 PM

This scandal has seemed artificial. And the SM posts about her are just totally bizarre.

Something weird is going on.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2020 5:57 PM

I thought it started (most recently) w that comedian saying he would give $$ to some charity for each valid citation. Went viral. What was his beef w her?

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 6:02 PM

Here’s a little tiny non-specific story that you can choose to believe or not: a family member was a television executive. There was a disgruntled employee who fucking DESTROYED the production of this show, and some of a department at a network. My family member was the first to go. Over the course of 15 months, there were quiet resignations, sabbaticals, transfers and pursuit of other opportunities. This disgruntled yet coddled employee acted out of spite and malice until her employee file was sufficiently full and she could be fired for cause. By the time they were able to jettison her, eight careers had been damaged or ruined.

I have no idea what happened on the set of Ellen’s show, but I do know that environment is a pit of vipers. It could be anything.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2020 6:18 PM

There is an OCD quality to the complaints and accusations.

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2020 6:24 PM

"So who is behind the Ellen takedown?"

A bunch of insanely jealous dykes and queens and other assorted internet effluvia that one of our own became enormously wealthy without props to "the gay community" (whatever the fuck that means).

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2020 6:35 PM

I don't doubt that she is hell on wheels, however, rude, unfriendly, lack of benevolence is not illegal otherwise Martha, Rachael, Steve, Kelly, Corden, etc. etc. would also be front page.

There are celebrities with far more serious rumors surrounding them that should probably be examined....Rosemary's nephew comes to mind...

by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2020 6:42 PM

People just like to drag people down for sport these days. But I think people who participate in this type of crap are complete losers and completely turn me off.

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2020 6:42 PM

What about the illegitimate president? Can we cancel him?

What about the the Ed Sec Devos trying to manslaughter democrats by forcing kids back to public school?

What about the majority leader Mitch trying to starve the American people to prove a political point?

How are these people not canceled?

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2020 6:44 PM

[quote]The top brass have probably known all along about Ellen’s abusive behavior

Stop spreading misinformation. Ellen has not been personally accused of anything. The accusations have been leveled against her production staff and not her.

I swear, some of you act as if Ellen roams the halls of Universal with a hickory switch swatting guests and staff who displease her.

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2020 7:12 PM

Seems shady

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2020 8:28 PM

When Igtay Otaronay is involved.....shit IS shady

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote] No, it's not. It's the behavior of her production staff.

Except other people are coming out and saying she's abusive. See under: Brad Garrett, Lea Thompson

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2020 8:32 PM

They said she was "not nice", you dumbass at R49. Since when does not nice mean abusive? As someone said above, some people are treating the "cancellation" of celebs as a sport, and in Ellen's case I guess it requires making shit up to get there.

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2020 8:36 PM

So many fake inputs around this that it’s hard to see what she actually did, if anything.

Is this another Benghazi?

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2020 8:39 PM

Certainly much ado about nothing as pertains to Ellen herself, R51.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 8:40 PM

People just get tired of it. They're just not going to put up with her b******* anymore. She is mentally ill. There's only so much a person can put up with.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2020 8:40 PM

R50 seems to be rather pressed about Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2020 8:41 PM

I think the lesbian mafia had enough of her and is making her pay.

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2020 8:43 PM

If drawing attention to your single-digit IQ is "pressed" then so be it, R54.

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2020 8:48 PM

And who is "a person", R53? Does Ellen taunt your through your television screen?

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2020 8:49 PM

R53 is pressssed!

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2020 8:50 PM

Like others have said, Ellen’s cancellation has more to do with her embarrassing hypocrisy than being a bitch. If she had just been her real, misanthropic self, I think she would have actually been a lot funnier and fun to watch, like Joan Rivers, David Letterman, or Howard Stern.

Maybe she caved into the sexist requirement that women have to play nice on TV. But her corny, fake down-to-earth persona is downright insulting. Own your crazy-ass, Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2020 8:51 PM

R50 Brad said he knew more than one person that was treated "horribly" by Ellen and Lea confirmed. Being treated "horribly" is a lot more than "not nice."

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2020 9:09 PM

Okay then, but it's still not "abusive", and if it's true that one of the instances he is referring to is her declining to take a photo with someone, then you really have to question his definition off "horrible".

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2020 9:15 PM

Didn't it all start when she laid off the crew while she and the producers worked from her home at full salary. The Production was still making what it had without having to pay the crew.

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2020 9:23 PM

The dam started to break with Dakota Johnson calling her out on air. Then Ellen herself has bungled everything since the pandemic including that clueless prison remark.

Talk Show Karen needs to wrap it up. She will never win this battle.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2020 9:26 PM

Hollywood is coming out now to support Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2020 9:33 PM

We don't know what he was referencing R61, but if Lea saw it too than there more than just people Brad knows.

by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2020 9:33 PM

Who is coming out to support Talk Show Karen? Portia? That doesn’t count.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2020 9:35 PM

#IstandwithLea!

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2020 9:36 PM

None of the above.

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2020 9:55 PM

It started over a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2020 10:06 PM

It is I.

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2020 10:09 PM

One accusation is that a producer regularly had showers in his office. People complained that the shower door was sometimes open when they entered his office for meetings and he often showed up to meetings with wet hair. I found this really weird. The executive has a shower in his office and was obviously allowed to use it. No complaint that he was only wearing a towel while greeting employees or something like that, just that the bathroom door was open and he had wet hair. One of my collegues always rides his bike to work and takes a shower and changes his clothes at the office before work. I never thought this was inappropriate since he is still always fully dressed in the building.

Is this really offensive and sexual harassment? It might be a bit weird, but it is not really something I would complain about or tell a newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2020 10:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2020 10:19 PM

Part of the investigation is that staff complaints were never taken seriously. A new complaint is that when an EP yelled at staff, Ellen stood by and giggled.

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2020 10:22 PM

One current and 10 former employees at the Ellen DeGeneres Show revealed there is a toxic work environment fostered at the show

Former staffers have accused Ellen of 'turning a blind eye' to rampant sexual misconduct by senior-level producers on her hit daytime TV talk show

She is scheduled to report for work this month for 'Ellen's Games of Games' and the 'Ellen Show' is scheduled to premier September 9

But TV host James Corden is reportedly being considered to replace Ellen in her popular timeslot But sources tell DailyMail.com Sean Hayes, Kristen Bell, Melissa McCarthy and the ultimate A-lister Jennifer Aniston are in the running for the spot

Production sources also revealed staff have taken to calling Ellen 'Talk Show Karen'

Ellen was photographed taking a drunken walk with an unidentified friend on Saturday afternoon in Santa Monica

by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2020 10:24 PM

Just give the show to Dan Levy, I think he would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote]It’s hard to know someone from t.v. but I like Ellen and not u see stand why everyone hates her literally overnight. Shades of Hillary about.

Comrade, WTF? It's time for your West World chip replacement and tune-up.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2020 10:27 PM

The complaint box on the Ellen Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote]Just give the show to Dan Levy, I think he would be fun.

For about three minutes and eighteen seconds.

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2020 10:56 PM

A producer during the first year of the show just came out and said that not only did Ellen know about the toxic work environment, but she promoted it.

[quote]Muskat claimed executive producer Ed Glavin also contributed to the negativity in the office, recalling one incident where he allegedly screamed at a crew member during a staff meeting.

[quote]“He just went off on them,” she said. “His whole face turned red. … We were stunned.”

[quote]Muskat remembered “waiting for Ellen to say something” to Glavin, but she allegedly “giggled” instead.

[quote]“She crossed her legs up on the chair and she said, ‘Well, I guess every production needs their dog,’” the ex-staffer claimed. “And from then we knew. Ed was going to be the barking dog — her dog. You could just see everybody’s faces go stiff. We’re professionals; we’re adults. We don’t need a dog to get us to do our jobs. … She was the only one giggling.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 3, 2020 10:58 PM

I barely know Helen, but how DARE anyone suggest I replace her. I am an Emmy nominated actress, often mentioned as the Meryl or Vanessa of my time. Please remove my name from consideration.

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2020 11:56 PM

I don't see Melissa McCarthy giving up her acting career to be a TV talk show hosts. Just because people are good guest doesn't mean they would be a good interviewer. Although I think Jennifer Aniston would be pretty laid-back.

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2020 12:01 AM

Oopsie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2020 12:01 AM

The ratings will be through the roof if she stays, at least for the first week. However, it will all come down to advertisers. If they abandon the show due to the controversy, then she's a goner. I'm sure Universal is talking with them right now to see what their plans are.

by Anonymousreply 83August 4, 2020 1:32 AM

Were they coming for Ellen before that picture of her and W Bush at the football game? I can’t remember,

by Anonymousreply 84August 4, 2020 1:37 AM

If they are actually considering Jennifer Aniston or Sean Hayes they might as well cancel it now.

by Anonymousreply 85August 4, 2020 1:39 AM

Ellen's show would be cancelled. They would hire someone to be a talk show host. It is like on a TV show where they fire someone and the show continues.

by Anonymousreply 86August 4, 2020 1:54 AM

What about Ruby Rose to replace Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 87August 4, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote]Muskat remembered “waiting for Ellen to say something” to Glavin, but she allegedly “giggled” instead.

Is it a secret she takes glee in other's humiliation? Thought she has made that quite clear thru the years.

by Anonymousreply 88August 4, 2020 1:58 AM

What's Andy's story?

by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2020 1:59 AM

Why would any talent agency let their clients go on her show before the investigation is concluded? I definitely would not advise it. Maybe she will get some C or D listers, but no major star should go near that show.

by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2020 2:04 AM

*It is not like on a TV show where they fire someone and the show continues.

by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2020 3:57 AM

R87 hell no!

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2020 6:44 AM

I'm dying to know, OP. Will we ever know? Someone was definitely out to get her. And well done. I think she's KO'd.

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2020 6:46 AM

Whoever it was, Warner Brothers didn't waste too much time getting behind the drive to push her out. Their announcement of an official investigation and evident absence of support in ousting a whole management team and surrounding Ellen with sound advice on PR indicates that they are finished.

by Anonymousreply 94August 4, 2020 8:34 AM

[quote]Ellen DeGeneres to return to host namesake show for 18th season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2020 9:31 AM

No such thing as a good girl turned bad. Only bad girls found out.

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2020 12:05 PM

And I found out the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2020 12:11 PM

"Just give the show to Dan Levy,"

His mincing, prancing uber-queen schtick would get real old real fast.

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2020 12:11 PM

Even if she comes back, the damage is done.

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2020 12:13 PM

"Were they coming for Ellen before that picture of her and W Bush at the football game?"

Why would this offend any delicate, hot house flower SJW? Hell, Michelle Obama and W practically lock lips every time they paths cross.

by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2020 12:21 PM

Ellen would not be facing this backlash if she were a man. I’m not even a fan but this is BS. If a woman’s tough she’s a terrible person but if a man does it, he’s just a strong and respectable boss.,

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2020 12:24 PM

Strahan, Sara and Keke are looking for a new gig. They can be hired as a package deal or individually.

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2020 2:03 PM

R99, what damage? She hasn’t even missed one show

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2020 2:20 PM

Karma. What goes around comes around.

Never worked Hollywood but honestly I have never seen an asshole I worked with who hasn't in the end got theirs for being an asshole. Just the other day I read about a jerk I worked with fifteen years ago... both of us now at other companies, he was CEO and he got fired for the same ethical shit he's pulled his whole cliched career.

What goes around comes around, so if Ellen is the asshole she appears to be, its come around.

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2020 2:42 PM

Katy Perry comes out with a very limited endorsement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 4, 2020 2:49 PM

Hellen seems determined to go on. I think she envisions herself as a new messiah.

by Anonymousreply 106August 4, 2020 2:53 PM

Katy's endorsement means nothing. Of course Ellen is going to be nice to people she thinks are her equal, but as we saw with Dakota there are people that don't buy Ellen's persona.

by Anonymousreply 107August 4, 2020 3:00 PM

Katy and Ellen are both over 60 Karen’s

by Anonymousreply 108August 4, 2020 3:09 PM

She would be a hypocrite not to defend Ellen after that “I kissed a girl and I liked it” song.

by Anonymousreply 109August 4, 2020 10:12 PM

Ellie paid her to do a post. C’est la publicite

by Anonymousreply 110August 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Supposedly, Kristen Bell, Melissa McCarthy and Jennifer Aniston are in the running.

by Anonymousreply 111August 4, 2020 11:20 PM

R111 To be the next friend of Ellen supporters?

by Anonymousreply 112August 4, 2020 11:23 PM

If Aniston, McCarthy and Bell are in the running that would explain why they haven't said anything.

by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2020 11:27 PM

They should be shut down if they put that homewrecking Aniston cunt on that show. I'm tired of heterosexuals taking away what we have worked so hard to achieve.

by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2020 12:13 AM

What celebrities would actually appear on her show now? Katy Perry ( mentally ill) , Diane Keaton ( who defended Woody Allen) or Kevin Hart ( dumb s***).

by Anonymousreply 115August 5, 2020 12:16 AM

It’s kind of sad that Ellen and Portia are lining up (paid? celebrities to support her. What about the staff Mistreatment when celebrities are not there? Isn’t this the #1issue? Not some fake celebrity friends to “vouch” for Talk Show Karen.

by Anonymousreply 116August 5, 2020 12:21 AM

R95 Why can’t this asshole just go retire?

by Anonymousreply 117August 5, 2020 12:26 AM

If Ellen really thinks her guests are her "friends" and are waiting for them to defend her then she is insane. If I were her I'd retire and never be heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 118August 5, 2020 12:32 AM

Fellow piece of shit Kevin Hart is sticking up for her. Asshole is returning the favor she did for him.

by Anonymousreply 119August 5, 2020 12:34 AM

If you get on a lesbian's bad side, then you probably did something to deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 120August 5, 2020 1:09 AM

R120 That happened to me once when I tried to adopt from a dog rescue and used the word “pet” instead of “companion animal.”

by Anonymousreply 121August 5, 2020 1:17 AM

I don’t think there’s a way for Kevin Hart to get the gay community to hate him more. Sticking up for Ellen is a high crime.

by Anonymousreply 122August 5, 2020 1:22 AM

Her approach seems to be act like it never happened? If she had any sincerity she would say “I made grave mistakes and I apologize for my bad behavior towards staff, and I recognize that my failings as a leader created a hostile work environment.” Instead her ego believes phony celebrities can save her.

by Anonymousreply 123August 5, 2020 1:32 AM

That first episode back should be interesting. She’ll probably spend the first 10 minutes apologizing.

by Anonymousreply 124August 5, 2020 1:35 AM

She should make her apology as backhanded and cutting as possible, blaming the anti-gay bigotry of heterosexuals for creating a toxic climate that drags gay people down to their level.

by Anonymousreply 125August 5, 2020 1:38 AM

If Dan Levy can spend five whole seconds thinking or talking about anyone other than himself, then by all means, give him the show. Alas, that nepotism hire doesn’t have the smarts to be a talk show host, daytime or anytime.

My personal theory about Ellen was the dovetailing of Me Too starting to come for the general bullies (and rumors of her cuntery were legion) and screwing with a powerful film union. Firing her crew and not paying them when she has a net worth of hundreds of millions was beyond unconscionable. That union crew helped her show become a massive success so she could spend her life abusing her wife and flipping houses. She’s a cunt and now she’s reaping what she’s sown.

by Anonymousreply 126August 5, 2020 1:46 AM

Why on earth would they even let her go on before the investigation is completed? Unless it’s some whitewash of the truth, they look bad to put her on and then say, you’re fired. I really do think she has a messiah complex and won’t admit she is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 127August 5, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote]My personal theory about Ellen was the dovetailing of Me Too starting to come for the general bullies (and rumors of her cuntery were legion) and screwing with a powerful film union. Firing her crew and not paying them when she has a net worth of hundreds of millions was beyond unconscionable. That union crew helped her show become a massive success so she could spend her life abusing her wife and flipping houses. She’s a cunt and now she’s reaping what she’s sown.

R126 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 128August 5, 2020 2:03 AM

Ouch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 5, 2020 3:21 AM

The whole “I stand with Ellen” nonsense is fucked up bullshit. You are a talk show host bitch, not a leader of a movement! Be kind or love animals are banal platitudes she can’t even maintain in real life. I have really grown to detest her.

by Anonymousreply 130August 5, 2020 3:25 AM

Don’t celebrities understand that her kissing their ass has absolutely nothing to do with what she is like as a person? Of course she’s gonna be nice to THEM!

And Diane Keaton’s appearances on Ellen are seriously some of the most unwatchable shit I’ve ever seen (and I love her).

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2020 5:19 AM

Lots of big celebrities now defending her. The Ellen haters must be so pressed right now.

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2020 5:20 AM

But who cares what celebrities think? Dianne Keaton also defended Woody Allen

by Anonymousreply 133August 5, 2020 5:44 AM

The celebrities are all B list

by Anonymousreply 134August 5, 2020 5:47 AM

Ellen brother has said that it's all bull.

However, we all know Ellen is a bull dyke so he didn't need to point that out about her.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2020 7:37 AM

As of today I can only find 4 celebrities defending Ellen R132.

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2020 1:17 PM

Ellen needs to get a bit femme before her show comes back. When she started the show she still dressed like a woman, a masculine woman but a woman nonetheless. When she started to wear suits everyday people started saying she was mean..

by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2020 3:55 PM

I remember years ago Ellen saying it was a medical condition that caused her to look "butch." I thought what a bunch of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2020 4:20 PM

Is Ellen intersex?

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2020 4:27 PM

I think it’s some kind of foreign operation to take down liberal and LGBT luminaries.

Too similar to pizzagate etc...

There is no ‘there’ there.

by Anonymousreply 140August 5, 2020 4:32 PM

^^^^conspiracy theorist.

by Anonymousreply 141August 5, 2020 4:40 PM

Call me when they have some receipts.

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Bump, just to piss off those complaining about the Ellen threads.

by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2020 6:06 PM

I Stand with Ellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2020 11:35 PM

R35, I think you win the prize. I also think we're seeing this in the shakeup on daytime MSNBC right now as well. Chuck Todd somehow managed to stay on his feet, staying on air and becoming head of streaming news, I believe, in addition to remaining the NBC Political Director. He's someone who clearly knows whose ass to kiss.

by Anonymousreply 145August 5, 2020 11:45 PM

Someone just wrote on oped on Advocate

So Ellen DeGeneres is a bitch - but is that a reason to cancel her?

by Anonymousreply 146August 5, 2020 11:46 PM

Of only there was a way to link to the article R146.

by Anonymousreply 147August 5, 2020 11:48 PM

Also, forgot to mention Nicolle Wallace got a big promotion two--her own 2-hour show from 4-6. She was pretty ugly when Obama was president--she used to be on Morning Joe snarking it up with Mika. She's a never Trumper now but when the republican party starts to pick itself up, she'll be right there, ready to reap the rewards because, like Paul Ryan, she got out early.

by Anonymousreply 148August 5, 2020 11:49 PM

Here is the link that R146 didn't provide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 5, 2020 11:50 PM

The Advocate being sensible for once? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 150August 5, 2020 11:54 PM

What R35 and R145 said. Especially if it’s someone in a protected class (like Ellen) who is toxic or doing a poor job and needs to be unloaded without threat of a lawsuit for wrongful termination. Even small businesses document minor infractions without the knowledge of the employees (I.T. is invaluable in getting dirt on them if they are stupid enough to do anything personal while logged in to the network.)

Big corporations DO compile dossiers on their more expensive hires, should the time come to hurl them overboard due to age, incompetence, or office politics. As firing time approaches, HR compiles the incidents, writes up the employee, and - if it’s a public figure - they’ll deploy anonymous flying monkeys to besmirch the ill-fated target on social media with a negative PR campaign.

Not that NBC is doing that. But theoretically, they could.

by Anonymousreply 151August 6, 2020 12:46 AM

The Advocate piece is more of an indictment of "cancel culture" and its hypocrisy. For example "we" famously admire bitchiness but I'm not sure bitchiness is what this is about.

by Anonymousreply 152August 6, 2020 12:48 AM

Ellen is my gal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2020 12:55 AM

There is a big difference between being a bitch and fostering an ENTIRE workplace with bullying, racism and sexual harassment. No pass for corporate sellout Hellen

by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2020 1:04 AM

I Sit With Hellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2020 3:24 AM

My grandfather, who grew up dirt poor and became a millionaire told me be kind to everyone because you never know who will become your boss. He was a gentle soul that cared about his employees. I wish there were more like him.

by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2020 4:29 AM

I know it’s nice to have a lesbian in a position of power but I’m so sick of these “safe” non threatening dykes. Also her show is so stupid. How can anybody watch that g rated crap?

by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2020 4:34 AM

Chelsea Handler, who I adore btw, got away with bullying her staff in front of the cameras for years during Chelsea Lately, she even had an entire show about the staff being bullied I forgot the name. At least she wasn't hiding.

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2020 10:57 AM

I've never given a damn about Ellen, and have never even seen her show, apart from those rare occasions when I've had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and been stuck in a waiting room with the show on. So, I'm rather detached from what's happening to her now. But it does look like yet another internet astroturfed takedown by Putin's flying monkeys, weaponizing cancel culture to pick off liberal targets one by one (think Palpatine in the second Death Star, shooting at rebel craft: "Fire at will, Commander!").

This kind of thing is going to continue to happen until a sufficient number of Americans finally get wise to it, and stop being carried along by the millions every time the trolls start a stampede on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2020 11:08 AM

Seeing all the Twitter nuts claiming this is all Russian propaganda explains the Datalounge nuts who have been saying crazy things, like that there's just one angry DLer who hates lesbians trying to take Ellen down.

by Anonymousreply 160August 6, 2020 11:09 AM

PoisonedDragon, you're usually pretty smart, but unfortunately here you sound like a lunatic.

Ellen is not a liberal. She's pals with W and defended homophobia. There is no political, cultural or moral benefit to taking her down. Trump won't even get a couple of good tweets out of it.

The "Ellen isn't as nice as you think she is" thing has been going on for YEARS, as multiple people keep pointing out over and over and over again. It came up in 2015 when there were tabloid rumors about her being mean to Portia, and Ellen's response rubbed people the wrong way. Ellen "secretly being mean" was so entrenched in gossip columns by 2018 that she was using it as a way to spin her then-new stand-up special as being edgy.

At some point you and everyone else are going to have to stop just believing whatever wacky conspiracy shitpile you want to believe in and start believing in the truth again.

by Anonymousreply 161August 6, 2020 11:15 AM

[quote] But it does look like yet another internet astroturfed takedown by Putin's flying monkeys, weaponizing cancel culture to pick off liberal targets one by one

No it doesn't. This harpy cunt has a reputation as old as Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey. It was only a matter of time. Elle's reputation is so part of LA lore, there's this running joke that there are two things you'll get when you move to the city, one is getting a parking ticket the other is meeting someone who worked for Ellen and has a story on how she's a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 162August 6, 2020 11:30 AM

Conspiracy theorists are just theorists. What are the facts? Are there labor abuses? Are the ratings down? Are audiences members being surveyed? Are the pollsters independent of the network? What are the data saying?

by Anonymousreply 163August 6, 2020 11:31 AM

Well, Russian trolls do exist, R160. And taking people down online is a big part of what they're paid to do. It's hardly as improbable as you try to make out.

[quote]There is no political, cultural or moral benefit to taking her down.

Odd that you would think that paid troll brigades would attack someone for 'moral benefit,' R161. Why would the alt-right and Russians attack her?

☑ Ellen is a woman.

☑ Ellen is a lesbian.

☑ Ellen is not a Trump supporter.

☑ Ellen is a daytime television host with a huge following.

☑ Cancelling Ellen will cause financial loss to the entertainment industry underlying her program. (Yes, that's a thing with Russian troll brigades. It's a big part of why they target new film releases.)

☑ Attacking Ellen will elicit a huge, divisive kerfuffle on social media, helping obscure more important issues.

[quote]The "Ellen isn't as nice as you think she is" thing has been going on for YEARS...

True, but that's more an argument in favor of online troll brigade participation than not. Funny how it's just now taking off - and the 𝑤𝑎𝑦 in which it's taking off.

[quote]start believing in the truth again.

That's hilarious, R161. You sound like an evangelical. Just what is "the truth" you're talking about? :D

by Anonymousreply 164August 6, 2020 11:35 AM

I'm unsure about Russian trolls, but I do think that the whole saga reeks of misogyny and homophobia, which is clear in the gleeful manner the Twitter gays are enjoying Ellen being raked across the coals.

So a powerful person in the media turns out to be a bit of a cunt? It's not a crime to be unpleasant. Nor is it a crime to to have an off-camera persona that is different to the one that is on-camera. She's been incredibly successful at what she does. Nobody in her employment is being paid to be her friend. She's the host of a nice and cosy daytime show; no more and no less. The way people carry on you'd think she was a Weinstein accomplice or has been complicit in jailing Rohingya Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 165August 6, 2020 11:38 AM

If there's any coordinated attack it's either for the reasons listed by the NBC hypothesis, or by the left still mad at her for her handling of Kevin Hart and her friendship with a Republican war criminal. I doubt this is coming from som Russian bots.

by Anonymousreply 166August 6, 2020 11:45 AM

[quote]I doubt this is coming from som Russian bots.

The way in which it's gathering into a tsunami of online attacks, it would have to be some kind of remarkable exception for them 𝑛𝑜𝑡 to be participating. It has all the earmarks.

[quote]NBC hypothesis... Kevin Hart... friendship with a Republican war criminal...

Oh, don't stop there, R166. There's a hundred different pieces strewn all over the ground over the past thirty years or so, however long she's been a media personality. Not a single one of those grievances ever mattered, until now, when suddenly they've 𝑎𝑙𝑙 suddenly been picked up and weaponized online as an attempt at 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑙 𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒.

The reasoning here is comparable to standing in the middle of the shitstorm blizzard raging around Hillary Clinton in 2016, consisting of every negative thing ever said about her by Republicans for decades - plus several new ones - and dismissing troll brigade participation, and instead fecklessly asking, 'which of these' individual, penny-ante issues it might be coming from.

These online cancel culture attacks are staged stampedes. The sooner people learn to recognize them for what they are and to disregard them, the better.

by Anonymousreply 167August 6, 2020 12:00 PM

The Kardashians are behind this. This goes back to a certain disastrous interview with a certain costar of a certain Village People movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 6, 2020 12:09 PM

It's called critical mass. It's called a tipping point.

Eventually dysfunction topples under the weight of itself. That doesn't take Russians, just dysfunction. Ellen's time is up... her apparent incivility is starting to topple her edifice. The non union production staff was probably one too many and the $2 to charity for every bad story started the ball rolling. Even Ellen, in the worst crisis strategy in awhile, conceded it looks like there's a problem and she takes responsibility (but it's not her fault.)

Sorry, PoisonedDragon, you've gone into loony tunes with your theory.

Like Freud said, sometimes an asshole who's hell to work for is just an asshole who's hell work for, until the revolution. Then they're an asshole with a big problem and few friends.

by Anonymousreply 169August 6, 2020 2:18 PM

I do think the tide turned against her with the Bush appearance which coincided with some controversy I can’t remember right now. Because her whole justification for being BFF with W is that she is so kind and Hollywood wasn’t having it. Michelle Obama is genuinely a kind person and her description of how/and why a friendship formed with the Bushes seemed organic. Hey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 6, 2020 2:36 PM

For the people saying this is rampant with misogyny and sexism, etc., I am a lesbian feminist and I don’t agree, necessarily. I don’t think this would be happening if Ellen wasn’t branding herself as the “be kind to everyone” daytime host. Wendy Williams is notorious for being hard to work with but she doesn’t brand herself as sweet-as-pie but a gossip and where is the call for HER to be canceled? Yeah, nowhere. This seems like a threshold was crossed in which the rumors about Ellen’s hypocrisy reached a tipping point—defending Kevin Hart, blasting Kathy Griffin for being “mean” with her jokes and Kathy responded by referring to her in a book, being buddy-buddy with George W., the twitter thread by the comedian about stories about her meanness, her out-of-touch comedy special and REALLY victim-y sounding NY Times piece in 2019, the fact that she can’t shit up about the tile when Hollywood turned their backs on her 20 years ago for a few years, and then what really took the cake was her screwing over her own staff during Covid by hiring new, non-union crew to film. That to me looks like a building up to a tipping point, not a concerted takedown by an outside group. Her own behaviors contributed to this!

by Anonymousreply 171August 6, 2020 4:50 PM

R171, Fine. call her a hypocrite. But people are talking about her like she’s a criminal or something. It’s way over the top.

by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2020 4:52 PM

*can’t shut up about the time—damn autocorrect!

by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2020 4:52 PM

Russian trolls are behind the Ellen takedown on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 174August 6, 2020 4:57 PM

R172 I don’t follow Twitter, so I’m guessing that’s where the more extreme talk/backlash is going on? None of that stuff has come up in news articles, and what people say on Twitter doesn’t necessarily happen. In general, it seems that twitter users have gotten far more extreme on everything—it’s not unique to Ellen. Beyoncé and Taylor Swift are notorious for having fans with extreme reactions when these stars are criticized. That’s Twitter—it’s its own universe.

by Anonymousreply 175August 6, 2020 5:01 PM

R171 = Voice of reason

Ellen took a courageous step and came out at a critical time and in a homophobic industry. She opened doors for others and once deserved to wear the LGBTQ crown, but since then she's fallen from grace many times over. Time to hand it off to the more deserving.

by Anonymousreply 176August 6, 2020 6:02 PM

What are the Ellen defenders suggesting? That we should ignore the credible claims against her because of ‘The Puppy Episode’?

by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2020 6:07 PM

R177' What are the credible allegations against her? I thought they were all against producers.

by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2020 6:18 PM

The are allegations against both her and her staff.

by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2020 7:16 PM

All of the Ellen bashing threads on DL have been started by the same person. It's obviously some troll with an agenda. And he keeps bumping the threads every few minutes with inane comments.

by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2020 7:22 PM

R180 Did he make this thread?

by Anonymousreply 181August 6, 2020 7:26 PM

R178 Surly Ellen must be producer on her own show at that level if David Coresent or however you spell it is a producer on his Netflix show.

by Anonymousreply 182August 6, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote] All of the Ellen bashing threads on DL have been started by the same person.

No, I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 183August 6, 2020 7:54 PM

Didn't all this start at the beginning of COVID when Ellen and her producers said they would not give their crew any monetary compensation to help since they had to shut down production?

Or am I not remembering correctly?

by Anonymousreply 184August 6, 2020 7:57 PM

It's because during a pandemic, she hired outside crew and pissed off all the people behind the scenes that worked for her. Had she kept them all on and their jobs secure, I doubt this would be happening. Twitter loves to pile on and cancel people, but it was set in motion due to pissing off her crew.

by Anonymousreply 185August 6, 2020 7:58 PM

Wasn’t there a writers’ strike when she hired non-union writers?

by Anonymousreply 186August 6, 2020 8:06 PM

She dared speak out against racists and they are coming after her.

by Anonymousreply 187August 6, 2020 8:10 PM

Keep trying, dyke at R187. We’re not buying. Oh, and we have Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2020 8:35 PM

Stop pushing this Russian troll narrative nonsense. There are at least a dozen verified accounts on twitter talking about her cuntiness. Former employees who are not verified also weighted in. The WGA hates this scab who always goes out of her way to pay less for her writers. She's a mean drunk cunt.

Her friendship with Bush Jr. should surprise no one. As for the apologists defending Michelle Obama, developing a friendship with a a psychopath war criminal is only organic if you're one yourself.

by Anonymousreply 189August 6, 2020 8:38 PM

Why would the Russian trolls leverage Ellen?

You really think Ellen can tear the country apart?

by Anonymousreply 190August 6, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote]Why would the Russian trolls leverage Ellen? You really think Ellen can tear the country apart?

They don't really think that. They're just trying to come up with any excuse and have settled on that one.

by Anonymousreply 191August 6, 2020 9:19 PM

Oopsie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2020 12:22 AM

I think it's safe to say that most celebrities won't say shit. They were hostages of her for the sake of promoting their work. They knew, everyone knows.

I wonder if Kristen Bell said anything. She ended her friendship with Jameela Jamil(I know) over the Bush Jr situation with Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2020 12:46 AM

All her celebrity “friends” are from the same agency

by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2020 1:08 AM

That's interesting R194.

by Anonymousreply 195August 7, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]Stop pushing this Russian troll narrative nonsense.

Stop pushing this "the bitch had it coming" narrative nonsense, R189. The extremity of cancel culture is unjustified.

Funny how there's always a multi-socked presence here on the DL to deny the existence of Russian or alt-right troll brigades whenever it comes up, calling anyone who mentions it "looney tunes," or a "lunatic."

I came into this discussion already running a deficit on 'shits I have to give' about Ellen. Internet troll brigades dominate social media, especially Twitter, with millions of fake accounts that are used to persuade real account users into joining the stampedes. They don't confine their stampedes to just politics. It's impossible that they're not participating in amplifying this. At R164 I already underscored reasons which make Ellen a target for Russians and the alt-right.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 196August 7, 2020 1:51 AM

You’re insane. I’m blocking you. Don’t want to read your drivel. You’re nuts.

by Anonymousreply 197August 7, 2020 2:20 AM

Instead of Ellen, they should be going after untalented heterosexual women who only got ahead because homophobic str8 guys want to fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 198August 7, 2020 2:21 AM

DM has a story of a 20 yr old Ellen calling an 11 yr old boy "fat" and "stupid" and saying "You might want to lose some of that weight chunky boy." and taking pleasure in his distress.

by Anonymousreply 199August 7, 2020 2:24 AM

Like DLers do on a daily basis, R199. Sounds like she'd fit in here with all the other fatphobic queens.

by Anonymousreply 200August 7, 2020 2:48 AM

Have they burned her at the stake yet?

by Anonymousreply 201August 7, 2020 2:49 AM

R198, thanks for thinking of us.

by Anonymousreply 202August 7, 2020 3:15 AM

I Lie With Ellen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 7, 2020 3:19 AM

Perhaps this could be a new venue for J.K. Rowling to transition to as host?

by Anonymousreply 204August 7, 2020 3:25 AM

Gay sjws on twitter started it. Buzzfeed got involved and started begging for former Ellen employees to contact them with juicy stories last January.

by Anonymousreply 205August 7, 2020 3:28 AM

This is very entertaining. Ellie will never win in this culture. All of the old tricks don’t work. Sad that she and Weinstein and Mart Lauer all belong together.

by Anonymousreply 206August 7, 2020 3:44 AM

r107 Why what happened between Ellen and Dakota Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 207August 7, 2020 5:41 AM

I assume her interview with Dakota is still on YouTube. You can see for yourself. Ellen was nasty in it.

by Anonymousreply 208August 7, 2020 5:59 AM

“Wawawawa, you didn’t invite me to your birthday party Dakota, wawawaw.”

by Anonymousreply 209August 7, 2020 6:02 AM

R209 Typical alcoholic stuck at mental age when she started using. She must have started in junior high.

by Anonymousreply 210August 7, 2020 6:17 AM

She who laughs last, laughs loudest.

by Anonymousreply 211August 7, 2020 7:54 AM

Ellen got 20 million to do a special on netflix but poor Mo'nique can't even get 1 million.

by Anonymousreply 212August 7, 2020 5:48 PM

I think it's the waitress who Ellen tried to get fired for having chipped nail polish.

Revenge is best served cold.

by Anonymousreply 213August 7, 2020 5:54 PM

That is such an old proverb R213.

by Anonymousreply 214August 7, 2020 6:13 PM

r214 Old but true .

by Anonymousreply 215August 7, 2020 8:51 PM

I had no idea who that person was when I started watching clips on youtube, around the time she was hosting the oscars and serving pizza.. She is very weird looking, like not normal at all. Her face is strange and off-putting. She always seems bored with her guests . I never heard her say anything remotely funny so I don't know why she is labelled a ' comedian'. The only guest I saw she ever seemed to like was Diane Keaton, and God knows that woman is a cunt. Even while she was laughing at Keaton's exhausted ' annie hall' routine, she still managed to be rude to her. She is very agressive in her demeanor, and every celebrity, even Hollywood top A-listers kiss her ass as of she were a mafia boss. So I don't know what she' s done, but that's my take on her. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 216August 7, 2020 9:10 PM

R164, you are ridiculous.

Yes, there are trolls, including Russian trolls. That doesn't mean there is evidence that this is a Russian troll operation. Not everything you hate is a Russian troll operation, yet you claim it's literally "impossible" that this could be the work of anything but "millions" of Russian trolls. Insanity.

There's a big difference between trolls (and spammers and attention whores) amplifying what's already out there, and claiming this is entirely the work of Putin. You purposely conflate the two things to try to rile people up, get them paranoid and angry. That's suspicious.

Add in the fact that you call people sockpuppets, Trumpsters and "evangelicals" because they rightly point out that you have no proof of this being some kind of Russian plot, and that makes YOU the troll. The first time I noticed it was on the "Joy Ann Reid to anchor new MSNBC evening show," but you do it everywhere. You see one troll or possible sockpuppet and suddenly everyone on Datalounge is a Russian evangelical alt-right paid Trumpster out to get you. Maybe you're just excitable, but I think it's far more likely you're acting in bad faith.

by Anonymousreply 217August 8, 2020 2:18 AM

No one is saying she's not a cunt r189.

But her crew were just dealing with it until she cut off their money because of COVID shutdown.

It was past time they turned on her but when she decided she would not give them some compensation to help during lockdown they decided "Fuck her".

by Anonymousreply 218August 8, 2020 6:50 PM

She didn’t cut their money off because she doesn’t employ them or pay them in the first place. Warner Bros television does.

They were trying to extort money out of her using the media. I hope she fires them and hires others. Her being a cunt is public knowledge now. They have nothing to blackmail her with anymore.

Fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 219August 8, 2020 7:03 PM

This is a real travesty. This woman has been completely trashed by a veritable internet lynch mob of disgruntled "help" and their aiders and abettors in order to line their own pockets at Ellen's expense.

by Anonymousreply 220August 8, 2020 7:17 PM

R220 Give it a break Portia.

by Anonymousreply 221August 8, 2020 7:21 PM

Go suck your mother's syphilitic clit, R221..

by Anonymousreply 222August 8, 2020 7:25 PM

This is a fake scandal so no surprise that it turned out to be a dud.

by Anonymousreply 223August 8, 2020 7:28 PM

R2 Reddit is the Tik Tok version of Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 224August 8, 2020 7:32 PM

Is she still going for a feeble comeback? Sad. Wrap it up bitch.

by Anonymousreply 225August 8, 2020 7:38 PM

Reddit has music and dancing?

by Anonymousreply 226August 8, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]She is stuck on this idea that she’s a victim

Exactly she said recently it was her employees who didn't represent her properly to guests, audience members, etc... She took no responsibility for anything. Just about staff. Meanwhile there have been leaks about her nasty behavior for years, right down to her turning away from the audience as soon as they cut to commercial. I guess if your Jennifer Aniston you'll get the royal treatment though.

by Anonymousreply 227August 8, 2020 7:40 PM

Too bad R225's old man didn't "wrap it up" when he was fucking his/her mother.

by Anonymousreply 228August 8, 2020 7:40 PM

R227, All the credible allegations were not about her but her producers. Did you even read the Buzzfeed news piece?

The stuff about her turning away from audience members is so fucking petty it doesn’t even deserve a response.

by Anonymousreply 229August 8, 2020 7:44 PM

Except the producer that came out and said Ellen was aware of it and allowed it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 230August 8, 2020 8:07 PM

It's interesting that Jennifer Anniston hasn't said anything publicly about Ellen. Aren't they besties?

And didn't they recently have Anniston guest Host the show while Ellen was out?

by Anonymousreply 231August 8, 2020 8:07 PM

R230, The long fired looney lady with No long term jobs and tons of lawsuits against former employers didn’t come out with her story until a week after Ellen’s initial apology.

by Anonymousreply 232August 8, 2020 8:11 PM

Yes, Ellen, that one.

by Anonymousreply 233August 8, 2020 8:32 PM

Why is anyone defending her? She is a corporate sellout

by Anonymousreply 234August 8, 2020 9:18 PM

Takedown, does OP think it's out of the blue? There has been talk of Ellen being an incredibly nasty bitch for years.

by Anonymousreply 235October 1, 2020 10:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!