Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joan Rivers vs Heckler in Wisconsin

She had to fight to get the audience back, but she handled it like a pro. When will somebody figure out this is how to deal with the SJWs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2020 1:57 AM

Joan ❤️ Donald

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2020 9:18 PM

From my observations, comedians are just like everyone else. They have some sore subject that they don't want to hear jokes about. They can dish it out but can't take it. They are just really messed up people who didn't learn how to solve their problems like everyone else and instead used humor to mask their pain.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2020 9:23 PM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2020 9:41 PM

love joan, but I think she comes off a little unhinged here

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2020 9:51 PM

Amy Schumer sorts out a heckler pretty handily in this clip...”take the draw...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 9:51 PM

That's a PRO. But I do wonder. Was Joan's mother deaf?

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 9:52 PM

Amen

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 9:56 PM

Probably Israel and Holocaust for her, R2.

"Good. Good. When you declare war, you declare war. They started it. We now don't count who's dead. You're dead, you deserve to be dead. Don’t you dare make me feel bad about that.”

This was about Palestinian civilians. Nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 10:16 PM

R6 Nope. They played this clip on a "Fresh Air" interview, which is where I originally heard it, and Joan said she made that up on the fly.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2020 7:07 AM

Joan would have been crucified by the SJWs for, well, just about everything. And she would have been taunted if she didn't condemn Trump.

I miss her, though.

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2020 7:16 AM

Joan's humor only got real nasty after her husband killed himself and left her broke. I don't think she ever got over it. Melissa has said her mother was innately insecure.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2020 7:29 AM

Love Joan... brilliant comic mind!

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2020 11:54 AM

please d..

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Joan could have handled the SJWs with a flick of the wrist. Probably the most intelligent comedian of all time.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 1:35 AM

I will never understand the Joan Rivers worship with mint the gay community. I don’t give a fuck if she loved us and championed our causes....this old cunt was a Trump loving, Republican TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 1:40 AM

Funny. I literally just mentioned how Joan would deal with the bullshit of the SJW's of today in another thread. I miss this woman. Comic genius. We need people like her, but there's none left who have her balls and zero fucks attitude, except Howard Stern. Even he seems to have zipped it a bit and keeps a lower profile. They ruined Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 1:44 AM

R15, we don't know how Joan would have responded to Donald the president; she would likely have seen through him and ripped him a new one.

Even IF she still liked him, she would have STILL joked about him and then he would have turned on her and she wouldn't have put up with that.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 1:45 AM

I thought she was rude and went too far, especially with the name calling. She should have been a little more respectful to the man with the deaf son. This was far from being her finest moment.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 1:51 AM

Joan with Bianca. Funny shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2020 3:14 AM

Joan wouldn't allow her Fashion Carpet writers join the writer's union, right?

by Anonymousreply 20September 6, 2020 3:19 AM

I still miss her from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2020 4:23 AM

[quote]I thought she was rude and went too far, especially with the name calling. She should have been a little more respectful to the man with the deaf son. This was far from being her finest moment.

And this was the same woman who flipped when a news anchor made a joke about her daughter. Funny how comedians always say everyone else is sensitive and it’s “just a joke,” yet they seem to forget this when it’s the other way around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 6, 2020 4:43 AM

[quote]Joan's humor only got real nasty after her husband killed himself and left her broke. I don't think she ever got over it.

Not only that, but the last 10 years of her life she seemed very unhinged and unhappy and she would go off at the slightest thing.

by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2020 4:45 AM

She was rich, she was old, she was unhappy, she had no shits left to give, so she was nasty and mean. She's the Data Lounge with money.

by Anonymousreply 24September 6, 2020 9:29 AM

Of course, she'd flip out over someone making a joke about Melissa. That's her daughter.

I'm sure she'd be fine with Michael Wilding not liking the joke about his mother putting mayonnaise on aspiring and screaming at the microwave 'HURRY!'

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2020 1:11 AM

aspirin

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2020 1:12 AM

Joan Rivers doesn't hurt me where I live

by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2020 1:57 AM

The best comedians are always conflicted, unhappy depressives

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2020 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!