Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Corden to replace Ellen

James Corden might 'in line' to replace Ellen Degeneres: report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 7, 2020 2:12 AM

He looks like a younger male Ellen. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2020 6:37 PM

Fuck, I’d rather Ellen stuck around.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2020 6:37 PM

He looks like he ate all the ice cream in Nancy Pelosi’s freezers.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2020 6:38 PM

Until his own microaggressions, insensitivities, and impolitenesses over the last 20 years come to light, that is. . . .

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2020 6:38 PM

OP is worse than a really fat, unfunny Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 6:38 PM

Anyone remember his AMA Reddit disaster? All hate comments.

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 6:39 PM

That fat thing?

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 6:41 PM

Doesn’t he also have a reputation for being an asshole that’s hard to work with? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 6:42 PM

He might be a good choice, because his interests are singing songs from musicals and being cute and pudgy, and that appeals to the frauen (as Rosie showed).

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2020 6:45 PM

R9, nothing about this fat fuck is cute.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2020 6:45 PM

Corden is known to be quite mean in real life.

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2020 6:47 PM

doesn't corden himself have his own "issues" public and private.... never mind, his MONUMENTAL ROYAL ass kissing of celebrities is beyond sickening (i.e. tom cruise for example) that it rivals "entertainment tonight" (where everyone is a "SUPERSTAR"!)...

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2020 6:47 PM

r11

All gays except for Richard Simmons are mean in real life.

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Yes, replace someone well known to be a complete asshole with someone well known to be a complete asshole. This will turn out well.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2020 6:54 PM

Why would he give up a late night show? Late night is more prestigious.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2020 7:04 PM

Why replace one asshole with a terrible reputation for another?

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2020 7:12 PM

The much hated James Corden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 7:14 PM

His uncomfortable incident with Sir Patrick Stewart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 7:15 PM

"Why replace one asshole with a terrible reputation for another?"

Producer round table:

- We need to keep it gay

- Yeah, but she's a liability now that she's known as a bitch. What about Fallon?

- Not gay enough. Plus, we need another relatable demographic. Like... rednecks. Or smokers. Is Guy Fieri gay? Or fatsos...

- Corden! (In unison)

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 7:28 PM

So basically they’re replacing one miserable cunt with another. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 7:35 PM

If you’re going to bring back an asshole with a bad reputation, then get Rosie. I bet she’d do it to spite Ellen and put her heart into it. Corden is an obnoxious sycophant who is being shoved down people’s throats.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2020 7:35 PM

Hope all the vicious assholes are happy if this plays out. Homophobia and misogyny did this. This fat fuck is a known prick, but no one says shit. In fact, he's likely being rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2020 7:52 PM

"James Corden to replace Ellen"

I'm not up for that.

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2020 7:57 PM

If you need a singing, dancing gay with a lovable personality, my political career never took off.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 8:03 PM

This is Datalounge...we hate everyone! Have a shitty day.

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2020 8:04 PM

Is Corden behind these rumors?

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 8:06 PM

He was openly gay when touring with The History Boys.

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2020 8:06 PM

James Corden? Oh, fuck no. Anything but that.

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2020 8:09 PM

I would care if I thought Ellen was funny. Or clever. Or redeeming in any way. Never have ever had those thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2020 8:10 PM

R27, how many of his cast mates turned him down?

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2020 8:10 PM

No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 31August 2, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]Why would he give up a late night show? Late night is more prestigious.

But syndication can be even more profitable if your show becomes a massive daytime staple. See Oprah, Ellen, Rosie, Judge Judy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 32August 2, 2020 8:18 PM

I wonder if the network is floating Cordon as a replacement. They'll fight to retain that daytime demographic while their lawyers scramble to deal with the deluge of lawsuits over Ellen and her team's labor abuses. Meanwhile, an unrepentant Ellen wants out. Boo hoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 2, 2020 8:18 PM

This attack on Ellen is obviously just anti gay shit.

by Anonymousreply 34August 2, 2020 8:31 PM

“Replacing a cunt with an asshole is a great improvement.”

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2020 8:42 PM

He's ugly and not funny at all. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2020 8:47 PM

I wouldn't mind it, it would get him off late night. His late night show sucks, it's non stop musical skits that drag on forever. He's terrible at interviewing guests, and just sticks to shallow pop fluff shit. At least Colbert and Myers can be more serious and poignant when it comes to politics and important real life news. I wouldn't shed a tear if they bumped Fallon off late night either, for the same reason Corden annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 37August 2, 2020 8:50 PM

At least Ellen was out.

by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2020 8:51 PM

One ugly arrogant fuckface moron for another. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 39August 2, 2020 8:57 PM

yikes. out of the fire...

by Anonymousreply 40August 2, 2020 9:03 PM

What about Dick Cavett?

by Anonymousreply 41August 2, 2020 9:05 PM

I can't take any of these modern 'talk' shows with the noise, bands and desperation. Everything has to be constant, manic hilarity. You get the feeling they're scripted anyway.

Seth Meyers isn't bad, but who can stay up that late?

Ellen's show is like Pee Wee's Playhouse.

by Anonymousreply 42August 2, 2020 9:08 PM

R13 , Richard is NOT GAY ! Whereever Did you hear such a thing ?

by Anonymousreply 43August 2, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]James Corden? Oh, fuck no. Anything but that.

Why, are you forced to watch? What's it to you?

by Anonymousreply 44August 2, 2020 9:18 PM

James is definitely not daytime material. He’s a fat fucking pig cunt too.

by Anonymousreply 45August 2, 2020 9:23 PM

We can’t allow this to happen. Let’s BLM involved.

“Why ain’t Ellen’s replacement black?!?!?!?!”

by Anonymousreply 46August 2, 2020 9:24 PM

This is such a fake made up story. Corden ALREADY has his own show!!!! He is under contract to CBS. The story is via The Sun? A Tabloid trash magazine? Puh-leeze.

by Anonymousreply 47August 2, 2020 9:30 PM

I think Jackee should be given the Elken slot. To make up for the one less visible gay person on TV, Jackee could host a daily segment about her favorite gays. . .and call it, "Maaaaaaaaaary."

by Anonymousreply 48August 2, 2020 11:20 PM

Randy Rainbow!

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2020 12:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2020 1:00 PM

Will Corden be required to develop a vagina?

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2020 1:01 PM

Richard Simmons is plenty mean. Whenever one of his groupies lost weight and kept it off, he'd drop her like a lead balloon (an ex-lead balloon)

It was all the talk on his cruises. If you had "succeeded" he ghosted you when before he was your bestie forevah.

Mean as a snake, that strange boy. Speaking of, his knee got so bad he couldn't show off his moves anymore, so he became the ultimate recluse - if you're not a rent-boy or his decades-faithful housekeeper, don't bother to drop by.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 1:17 PM

I don't get this "replace Ellen". Is he going to call himself Ellen?

Why don't people just say they're dropping the show.

Then if they want to give gordo Cordo a show, fine. I'm sure he'll find an audience like Seacrest and Cooper and all the other frau-bait gays.

by Anonymousreply 53August 3, 2020 1:19 PM

I was going to say a gay to replace a lesbian and then i remember that Corden is not gay (well, he is not gay now)

by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2020 1:26 PM

Isn't he basically as toxic as Ellen? Or will he get away with it because he's male and British?

by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2020 1:29 PM

Worst idea ever.

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2020 1:31 PM

Just keep Ellen. Give her a chance to rectify the situation.

I’ve worked with plenty of shitty bosses in my lifetime. Suck it up or move on.

Besides, I don’t believe everything that is being said about Ellen. Difficult? Yes. The devil in sneakers? No.

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2020 1:50 PM

This is a lesbophobic misogynistic witchhunt, pure and fucking simple. And as for her defending Kevin Hart, this site defended Kirk fucking Cameron so you have no wiggle room to complain. If he were black and fat like JJ from [italic]Good Times[/italic] you would gladly call him out.

Heterosexuals are the very last people qualified to decide what constitutes abusive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2020 10:24 PM

R58 what?!! JJ was a stringbean

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2020 10:36 PM

Piers Morgan 2.0

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2020 10:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2020 10:41 PM

That’s got success written all over it. Replace one nasty cunt with another one.

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2020 10:46 PM

Baloon sent out by Corden himself.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2020 10:57 PM

I never watch his show but I’ve seen some of his carpool karaoke segments on YouTube and really enjoyed some of them. Especially the one with Paul McCartney in Liverpool. Far better than Ellen jumping out and scaring the shit out of people.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2020 11:12 PM

I meant today, R59.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2020 12:03 AM

Why not Conan O'Brien?

by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2020 9:03 AM

I liked the time when Elvis Costello substituted as host for David Letterman years ago. Elvis was a great interviewer. The shows were really interesting and good.

But I guess, the network would be looking for someone who could do corny bits and giveaways to screaming women in the audience. That wouldn't be Elvis Costello.

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2020 9:08 AM

[quote]Ellen's show is like Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Bite your fucking tongue. Pee Wee's Playhouse was a fucking masterpiece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2020 9:11 AM

We all need to stand with Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 69August 7, 2020 1:57 AM

If she's such a bitch, why didn't she treat Jennifer homewrecker Aniston like shit?

by Anonymousreply 70August 7, 2020 1:58 AM

R66 Conan would be fabulous and he's already on the set of WB and is beloved there. However, he doesn't want to do that kind of grind anymore which is why he cut his show down to a half hour. He loves doing the remotes, which he does better than anyone on TV.

by Anonymousreply 71August 7, 2020 2:01 AM

A straight white British guy replacing her? Are these execs able to read a room?

by Anonymousreply 72August 7, 2020 2:02 AM

James Corden likes tits and pussy, and so does Ellen. To these dimwit executives, it's all the same.

by Anonymousreply 73August 7, 2020 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!