Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden's running mate announcement pushed back!

WASHINGTON – Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, previously said the announcement of his running mate would be in the first week of August.

But that announcement has been pushed back.

A source familiar with the process said that an announcement isn't likely next week. According to the New York Times and CNN, the announcement will come the week before the Democratic National Convention, which is scheduled for Aug. 17 to 20.

Three candidates, Karen Bass of California, Sen. Kamala Harris of California and former national security advisor Susan Rice, have emerged as the top contenders for Biden's running mate, according to the reports from the Times and CNN.

Harris, who ran for president in the 2020 primary, emerged as an early favorite to be Biden's vice presidential pick. However, over the past several weeks, Bass has been moving up Biden's list along with Rice, according to CNBC.

After Biden in March committed to choosing a woman as his running mate, around a dozen women were initially part of the former vice president's shortlist.

Biden has faced pressure from Democrat to pick either a Black woman or woman of color as his running mate.

In July, the group She The People, which advocates for women of color, outlined concerns about Biden's outreach to women of color, particularly in battleground states. One way to help gain support among the crucial voting bloc was for Biden to pick a woman of color as his running mate, the She the People memo stated.

Biden in a July 20 interview with MSNBC's Joy Reid said four Black women are under consideration, but he declined to name them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2020 4:48 AM

I'm so glad to hear this.

I really hope that he thinks this decision through, and seriously considers Elizabeth Warren, rather than being forced to choose an African American female, just because the loud voices are demanding it.

He should also reconsider Amy Klobuchar, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1August 2, 2020 3:21 PM

They must be going back into the field for more or new research.

by Anonymousreply 2August 2, 2020 3:22 PM

Since the VP pick will be running for president after him and everyone counts on that, he has to choose wisely. It's also not uncommon to wait until right before the convention to announce a VP. The convention is mid-August.

by Anonymousreply 3August 2, 2020 3:24 PM

This is good news. That means it's not a "done deal," as so many here have been saying.

It also shows that he's being very thoughtful about it.

I really hope that Biden doesn't cave to pressure, especially from the K-hive maniacs.

He needs to figure out who will help him to win. And that person is Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 4August 2, 2020 3:26 PM

"She The People"?? Oh, Please!

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 3:27 PM

I think the best choices, strictly based on who deserves it, are first, Elizabeth Warren, second, Susan Rice, and third, Kamala Harris.

Warren deserved to be the presidential nominee (though I'm happy with Joe).

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 3:30 PM

It's going to be Jill Biden. Mark my words!

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 3:34 PM

Maybe he's giving Michelle Obama another week to think it over?

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 3:35 PM

I strongly suspect the running mate decision was pushed back a week so that there’s less of a gap between the announcement and the Democratic convention. There will be no time for the Republicans to grab the spotlight with destructive bullshit about whoever it is. Biden and the VP candidate need to give a hell of a speech at the convention.

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2020 3:38 PM

The VP speculation is the only media coverage that Biden has been getting lately, so lengthening the selection process makes a lot of sense. People love to speculate so let them have more fun.

by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2020 3:47 PM

R1 is a deranged QAnon troll who is spouting bullshit around here.

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2020 3:53 PM

Picking Elizabeth Warren would mean giving up a Senate seat that will be filled by a Republican governor. It would reduce the chance that the Democrats could retake the Senate -- where every single seat counts.

by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2020 3:54 PM

Anyone but Kamala!!

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2020 3:56 PM

Good point, R12.

As for R10, if you think it's for attention that Biden is delaying his choice, you're not very smart.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2020 4:00 PM

R14, Who cares what the reason is as long as it gets him more media coverage and keeps people talking. Democrats need to learn how to play the media game.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2020 4:05 PM

I think there are strategic media reasons he’s not announcing yet too. Besides the search itself getting attention, since there’s no real convention this year, holding the announcement until then helps ensure the scaled down convention gets some much needed buzz.

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2020 4:08 PM

We gotta know soon to prepare for the convention.

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 4:09 PM

Well, two of the noted top three have had bad press within the last week, so I'm not surprised. I hope this means No Kamala, and No Bass.

Fingers still crossed for Duckworth!

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 4:13 PM

He needs someone who will help him win over people who could break either way, and that means the swing states — people who are not posturing wokesters. I think a war hero is more likely to edge him ahead in the swings than a California liberal, even though I personally prefer Harris.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 4:17 PM

He had to have picked Bass, then the $cieno crap. Best to know now then later.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 4:21 PM

R12, Many here in Massachusetts believe lame duck Governor Charlie Baker might appoint himself to Warren's Senate seat, which he can legally do.

Though a Republican, Baker is a Trump hater and as much a RINO as Paul Ryan was.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2020 4:25 PM

Duckworth IS the perfect choice! Congressperson, Senator, decorated war hero, PhD, no bullshit, mother, and not only is she a woman of color, she's Asian. Asians have been overlooked for too long. Name one person who would criticize Joe choosing her.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2020 4:28 PM

R1: No he most certainly should not consider Klobucher! Her record as Hennepin County State's Attorney is ATROCIOUS on race issues. Are you tying to loose the election?

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2020 4:35 PM

It's floating around the QAnon conspiracy crowd that something nefarious is afoot here with the VP choice being pushed back. My crazy Trumper cousin tried to bait me with this one as showing further proof of Biden's dementia. I retorted that her side doesn't need to bring up mental faculties with Trump bragging about passing a cognitive test. She then just switched to her next theory, about BLM people passing out fliers saying white people are the enemy. At that point I ended the exchange, it's not worth my time but I do like engaging her to see what the nutso crowd are thinking about.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 4:36 PM

This is going to be the most important decision of his life.

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2020 4:37 PM

Weren't the QAnon people spamming Twitter yesterday claiming Bill Clinton is a pedo? How can they fit two thoughts in their head at once?

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 4:39 PM

R24: Are you CANCELLING her? How dare you not engage in robust debate and exchange of ideas, you intolerant totalitarian leftist! Yascha Mounk is gonna come to your house and give you a spanking for this transgression of free speech and open debate!

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2020 4:40 PM

quote [Name one person who would criticize Joe choosing (Duckworth)]

Sunny “Biden must pick a black woman because he owes us” Hostin

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2020 4:42 PM

The campaign has added a Lip-sync for Your Life competition to the selection process and the 3 ladies needed more time to prepare for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2020 4:46 PM

I like Kamala but I dislike her little Twitter squad, they are reaching Bernie-levels of obnoxiousness.

He's already confirmed he's picking a woman, I don't think it HAS to be a woman of color. Biden's never had problems appealing to people of color. And I doubt he'd do it just because he's trying to get more votes. I kinda want him not to pick a woman of color just to see the people's heads explode on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2020 4:47 PM

R11 is a fucking lunatic.

[quote] Fingers still crossed for Duckworth!

Said no one ever.

[quote] Duckworth IS the perfect choice! Congressperson, Senator, decorated war hero, PhD, no bullshit, mother, and not only is she a woman of color, she's Asian. Asians have been overlooked for too long.

What is it with this fucking sense of entitlement that people nowdays keep spouting off?

No one is OWED anything, you stupid cunts.

It's about the best qualified candidate.

by Anonymousreply 31August 2, 2020 5:13 PM

What he needs to do is release a list of black woman Supreme Court picks. Or a super pac needs to do this.

Get those names out there and reassure people that even if Liz is the pic, a black woman will be on the Supreme Court. Which I believe he will pic anyway. But get it out there so the rethugs won’t pounce.

by Anonymousreply 32August 2, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote]Though a Republican, Baker is a Trump hater and as much a RINO as Paul Ryan was.

That's great news. So we could maybe count on him to possibly do the right thing every, what, 500 votes or so?

by Anonymousreply 33August 2, 2020 5:15 PM

Elizabeth Warren is picking up steam! Yes!!!

by Anonymousreply 34August 2, 2020 5:15 PM

R30 I would support a Harris VP ticket but I agree that her campaign and supporters are way to pushy and are being obnoxious. They need to cool it.

You don’t get to FORCE people to choose your candidate.

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2020 5:16 PM

Liz does have the economic chops. They need to emphasize that. And her experience.

by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2020 5:16 PM

Oprah or bust!

by Anonymousreply 37August 2, 2020 5:18 PM

Harris's supporters have all the charm and perspective of Hillary's... thank God Harris at least isn't the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2020 5:21 PM

Has the Warren troll arrived to stink up the room yet?

by Anonymousreply 39August 2, 2020 5:21 PM

R35, actually, it seems people CAN force their will onto a candidate. There’s this very important card that seems to be gaining more and more clout these days. Politicians (esp those on the left) cower at the mere threat...

If the stakes weren’t so high, I’d be amused to see the shitfit that would result in Joe picking Warren.

by Anonymousreply 40August 2, 2020 5:23 PM

I think postponing this also helps these deserving women become better known. I had no idea who Karen Bass, Val Demings, and Michelle Lujan Grisham were before the search started, but now I do; and I am also know far more about Susan Rice. And I hope all the attention gives Stacy Abrams a better shot at getting a senatorial or gubernatorial seat.

by Anonymousreply 41August 2, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote]He needs someone who will help him win over people who could break either way, and that means the swing states — people who are not posturing wokesters

The candidate who wins over the swing state white undecided voters is Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 42August 2, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote]as much a RINO as Paul Ryan was...

So now Paul Ryan is a RINO? If so, I want to know: what qualifies one as a RINO when said person not just voted the party line, but wrote that line?

by Anonymousreply 43August 2, 2020 5:26 PM

R42, nobody is energized by Stapler Amy.

by Anonymousreply 44August 2, 2020 5:28 PM

Amy Klobuchar took herself out of the running, so it is a moot point. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 45August 2, 2020 5:29 PM

Christ, it only took months and constant pressure to rule Klobuchar out of the question, and now her sycophants are back? Who's next on the rehabilitation list, Kirsten Gillibrand?

by Anonymousreply 46August 2, 2020 5:29 PM

It won't be Warren.

by Anonymousreply 47August 2, 2020 5:32 PM

Didn’t Warren get more votes than Harris in the primary?

by Anonymousreply 48August 2, 2020 5:32 PM

Let’s make a list of possible black women Supreme Court nominees. Maybe that should be another thread.

by Anonymousreply 49August 2, 2020 5:33 PM

Smelly in here. All of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 50August 2, 2020 5:33 PM

I wish Michelle Obama would run for VP or a Supreme Court spot.

by Anonymousreply 51August 2, 2020 5:34 PM

I swear I thought he had said that he would decide next week, not that he would definitively make an announcement next week.

by Anonymousreply 52August 2, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote]Didn’t Warren get more votes than Harris in the primary?

Harris got zero votes.

by Anonymousreply 53August 2, 2020 5:39 PM

Thanks for your contribution, R50.

by Anonymousreply 54August 2, 2020 5:41 PM

Though it spins like Biden is struggling, what if this is a play to upend the GOP timeline/strategy?

I was reading some comments by the guys at The Lincoln Project this morning and they seem to think 45 might be cracking under the pressure lately (and they’re trying to help push him over the edge).

by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2020 5:47 PM

Val Demings and Keshia Lance Bottoms - are they still in the mix?

by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote]Biden is struggling...

At what, the breadth of potential running mates? The top-drawer quality of each of the potential choices?

I get your point, R55, but I can't let it go unchallenged. This is one of the problems Democrats face: that they let the Republicans' control the message. If Democrats had great messengers like the Republicans, they would be out there saying "why hasn't Trump picked a running mate yet?" despite it making no sense and contrary to logic, fact and truth.

Has Trump picked Pence yet, by the way?

by Anonymousreply 57August 2, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote] Has Trump picked Pence yet, by the way?

Are you really that stupid? Trump is not going to let go of the head of the coronvirus task force right before an election. If he felt, he needed to replace Pence, it would be after the election.

by Anonymousreply 58August 2, 2020 6:12 PM

R58, don’t act like Trump is a political mastermind. He works by instinct and he’s usually very, very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2020 6:14 PM

That sound you hear is all facts, analysis and reason flying right over R58's head.

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2020 6:17 PM

Excellent idea, R32.

by Anonymousreply 61August 2, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote]Though a Republican, Baker is a Trump hater and as much a RINO as Paul Ryan was.

You call that an endorsement?

by Anonymousreply 62August 2, 2020 6:24 PM

You need to stop with the Warren for VP nonsense. If Biden picked a white woman now after suggesting for weeks that it would be a black woman, there would be a huge uproar among black voters and it would cost us dearly in November. Biden would be ripped to shreds on social media and on TV.

by Anonymousreply 63August 2, 2020 7:29 PM

R58 the president doesn’t have the power to replace the Vice President. It’s an elected position. He can replace Pence on the ticket this year but he can’t fire Pence after the election or at any other time.

by Anonymousreply 64August 2, 2020 7:49 PM

I don’t care who he picks, he has my vote!!!!

by Anonymousreply 65August 2, 2020 8:02 PM

I very much doubt Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts, would appoint himself a replacement to Liz Warren in the Senate. Further, he may be a RINO, but the goal of the Democrats is to have a majority in the Senate, which gives them control of committee chairpersonships. Baker wouldn't help that. It won't be Liz for the simple reason that the Democrats think they have a chance to get a majority in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 66August 2, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote]He can replace Pence on the ticket this year but he can’t fire Pence after the election or at any other time.

The VP serves at the pleasure of the POTUS. You think if Trump asked Pence to resign, he'd say no?

by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2020 8:55 PM

I love old school marm Warren and I want her at Treasury to carpe some Wall Street scrotum and clean up the fucking pillaging Stevie Munchin has done.

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2020 8:56 PM

That’s news to the people who wrote the Constitution R67

by Anonymousreply 69August 2, 2020 9:05 PM

Warren is interviewing like a Vice-Presidential nominee!!!!

I'm so excited!

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2020 5:38 AM

I think Joe should pick Barbra Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2020 6:23 AM

Kamala is here at r68.

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2020 6:26 AM

“after suggesting for weeks that it would be a black”

Link?

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2020 6:27 AM

That Klobachar is something else.

by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2020 6:28 AM

*woman

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2020 6:29 AM

I remember when McCain finally chose Sarah Failin as his VP running mate it wasn’t until the first week of September 2008. And of course he lost. I suggest Biden quit stalling and pick someone so that people can get familiar with his choice sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2020 6:32 AM

We are already familiar with Liz Warren which is another reason she should be picked. We don’t have time to vet someone in 3 months. There is no more of a champion of the middle class and minorities than Liz and her credentials and accomplishments stand for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2020 6:37 AM

Tammy Duckworth!

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2020 7:55 AM

CNN says it's down to five: Harris, Bass, Rice, Warren, Duckworth.

by Anonymousreply 79August 3, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] Tammy Duckworth!

.... will never be Vice-President!

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Is it telling or just a show of respect that Warren is in the final five?

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2020 5:43 PM

I still say it'll be Harris. There will be too much backlash during the current BLM moment if he doesn't pick a black woman. And, unlike the others, she can use her record as a prosecutor to prove she believes in law and order, which the right will otherwise say Dems want to destroy.

by Anonymousreply 82August 3, 2020 8:20 PM

Harris' K-Hive is going to have a freakin' MELTDOWN when she isn't chosen.

Get ready for it!

by Anonymousreply 83August 3, 2020 8:31 PM

It's ironic that being a former prosecutor hurt Kamala in the primary, but now it's an asset. It just goes to show you how politics is all about timing and luck.

by Anonymousreply 84August 3, 2020 8:33 PM

He needs to have Pete B. somewhere in his cabinet for sure because we NEED some intelligent, younger democrats. We can’t keep just choosing old people all the time. They aren’t exactly going to be around forever.

by Anonymousreply 85August 3, 2020 8:36 PM

His nominee is so close he can smell her.

by Anonymousreply 86August 3, 2020 8:39 PM

It would be so stupid for Biden to choose Harris.

She is HATED by the electorate.

Harris couldn't even make it to the first Democratic Primary state.

by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2020 8:40 PM

Mayor Pete has been long forgotten by the public. He needs to get a nice job and have kids with Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 88August 3, 2020 8:43 PM

Mayor Pete should have been VP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 3, 2020 9:19 PM

R88 Did Pete reject you in the past or something? You are always talking shit about Pete.

by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2020 12:25 AM

Elizabeth Warren troll, please give it a rest. She’s not even popular on the coasts let alone a deficit to the Midwest and South. Same for Kamala. Rice can’t carry the Party into 2024.

by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2020 12:30 AM

Warren got millions of votes.

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2020 1:49 AM

The Elizabeth Warren hopefuls should face reality that he will not (and should not) pick her.

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2020 2:26 AM

Guarantee you the first media turning on Biden meme will be the narrative he and his team mishandled/dragged out the Veep process, leaving qualified woman embarrassed and disrespected.

by Anonymousreply 94August 4, 2020 2:36 PM

In the middle or Covid, it’s understandable and respectful to wait.

It’s actually the most respectful thing he can do right now to show reverence to the suffering.

by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2020 2:58 PM

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to have some pissed off complainers trashing him before the convention, when he rolls out ELIZABETH WARREN as his Vice-Presidential nominee.

You just know that heads will explode, but too bad. They'll just have to deal with it.

It's a good plan to mitigate their insanity.

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2020 5:38 PM

Heads explode no matter who he picks.

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2020 5:57 PM

Except for one person: Michelle Obama, who won't be picked.

I wish she'd pony up and say I'm a one term deal... I will support Joe but I won't do 2024. It would be a pure restorative ticket... right the company and provide for the playing field to sort itself out for 2024. But maybe that's dangerous... maybe a full out admission this is just an interim would create political chaos within the party. There might be just enough difference between pretending there won't be a new nominee for 2024 and admitting it to keep things focused.

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]In the middle or Covid, it’s understandable and respectful to wait. It’s actually the most respectful thing he can do right now to show reverence to the suffering.

WTF are you talking about? Covid isn’t going anywhere whether he announces it this month or next month.

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2020 7:44 PM

I'm so excited for Liz Warren!

It'll be so exciting to see her sworn in as VP in January 2021.

by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2020 10:47 PM

R100, your excitement will end in tears. It will never be Liz.

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote]I suggest Biden quit stalling and pick someone so that people can get familiar with his choice sooner rather than later.

Obviously he knows his pick is someone we're already very familiar with. It's either Harris or Warren.

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote]CNN says it's down to five: Harris, Bass, Rice, Warren, Duckworth.

The fact that Warren is a white women and still in consideration at this late date, when the media has been demanding a black woman... means that Biden's polling has shown that she has broad support and brings something valuable to the ticket that the others don't.

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]I wish she'd pony up and say I'm a one term deal... I will support Joe but I won't do 2024. It would be a pure restorative ticket... right the company and provide for the playing field to sort itself out for 2024.

We don't need another clown-car Primary in 2024 with 25+ people running. We need a clear front-runner and that should be Biden's VP. Someone that has no intention of running in 2024 shouldn't even be considered.

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2020 11:59 PM

[quote] The fact that Warren is a white women and still in consideration at this late date, when the media has been demanding a black woman...

The media hasn’t demanded shit. Go back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2020 12:04 AM

He better not pick Bass. She's unattractive and would turn off male voters in a major way.

Men love Kamala. She's hot and sexy and attracts men the same way that Sarah Palin did.

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2020 12:29 AM

Christ. Any data to back up that sexist fantasy? You seem pretty certain, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2020 12:33 AM

Bass is messy and beyond problematic. There's absolutely no reason she should still be in contention at this point.

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote]Men love Kamala. She's hot and sexy and attracts men the same way that Sarah Palin did.

I’ve never heard any man say they love Kamala. And yeah, men loved SP so much her and McCain lost.

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2020 8:16 AM

Oh that's right, R53 she didn't get any primary votes. Neither did Bill Clinton. Or Jennifer Lawrence. Or Oprah. Or LeBron James. Oh....yeah - none of the above including Kamala Harris had their names on a primary ballot in any state. So they all received zero votes... Yeah, that's how that works. You have to actually be ON an actual ballot to get votes. Oh, I see. Well, that was confusing (said no one ever besides you and the other Harris haters...).

by Anonymousreply 110August 5, 2020 8:36 AM

[quote] Neither did Bill Clinton. Or Jennifer Lawrence. Or Oprah. Or LeBron James

I usually like to compare these things among people who were actually running but good try. If you're indicative of what Khive brings to the table...

by Anonymousreply 111August 5, 2020 12:05 PM

play it forward, push it back

by Anonymousreply 112August 5, 2020 12:17 PM

On the Elizabeth Warren thread, someone posted that Axios is reporting that Biden has narrowed the search down to Harris and Rice.

If true, then Donald Trump will win a second term.

Liz Warren was his only hope to beat Trump, and if he has truly eliminated her from contention, then he is the dumbest person on Earth.

White Midwestern and Southern swing voters and independents will never vote for Biden if Harris or Rice are on the ticket. Not in this heated political environment.

By choosing either Harris or Rice, Biden has handed the election to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 113August 5, 2020 1:49 PM

We will completely stop talking about the VP pick after a week when DT does something insane again. Then we will talk about the VP pick one more time after the single VP debate. The narrative will always be Biden versus Trump no matter how much a person thinks this all rides on the VP pick.

by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2020 2:01 PM

[quote]Liz Warren was his only hope to beat Trump, and if he has truly eliminated her from contention, then he is the dumbest person on Earth.

Yes, the polling for Biden - with no nominee at all definitely shows he can't be Trump.

I'm not sure it's Biden who's the dumbest person on earth, dear.

by Anonymousreply 115August 5, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote] Yes, the polling for Biden - with no nominee at all definitely shows he can't be Trump.

All of that polling was done BEFORE he chose a running mate. DUMB SHIT.

Just see what it looks like AFTER he picks Harris or Rice.

Those numbers are going to sink.

by Anonymousreply 116August 5, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote] White Midwestern and Southern swing voters and independents will never vote for Biden if Harris or Rice are on the ticket.

But they'd vote for him with a super liberal east coast elite as VP? Sure.

by Anonymousreply 117August 5, 2020 2:26 PM

Much of Biden's support is surely down to Trump's failure. You think that's going to change?

So who is the right pick then, R116? You seem to know everything else.

by Anonymousreply 118August 5, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote] But they'd vote for him with a super liberal east coast elite as VP?

You mean the one who was born and raised in Oklahoma, and paid her own way through college?

Is THAT the "East Coast elite" you're talking about? DUMB SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 119August 5, 2020 2:28 PM

Ah, now we know. One of those Liz Warren supporters from the "Hiroo" Onoda school.

by Anonymousreply 120August 5, 2020 2:30 PM

You're right, 116. You've now convinced me now to stay home on election day if he picks anyone but Warren. DUMB SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 121August 5, 2020 2:34 PM

Massachusetts liberal politicians are the most despised types in swing states

by Anonymousreply 122August 5, 2020 2:36 PM

R116, the Biden campaign has been polling and focus grouping extensively. There is no outcome they do not anticipate.

by Anonymousreply 123August 5, 2020 2:38 PM

[quote] the Biden campaign has been polling and focus grouping extensively. There is no outcome they do not anticipate

You mean the way that Hillary did?

Don't make me laugh. And don't trust the polls, either. They were completely wrong in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 124August 5, 2020 2:40 PM

^ OK, Maga.

by Anonymousreply 125August 5, 2020 2:43 PM

I think most people have assumed it was going to be Kamala all along anyway. It won’t be a big surprise to most voters. And at least her Senate seat will stay Dem.

by Anonymousreply 126August 5, 2020 2:43 PM

[quote] I think most people have assumed it was going to be Kamala all along anyway. It won’t be a big surprise to most voters.

Yeah. It's called brainwashing.

Compliments of the mainstream media and the Democratic party.

by Anonymousreply 127August 5, 2020 2:48 PM

[quote] Asians have been overlooked for too long.

Oh please!

[quote] Name one person who would criticize Joe choosing her.

Me.

by Anonymousreply 128August 5, 2020 4:43 PM

Then name one person who counts.

by Anonymousreply 129August 5, 2020 5:12 PM

Biden should just announce his decision - too much bickering on the sidelines is not helpful.

by Anonymousreply 130August 5, 2020 5:21 PM

I’m thinking it’s going to be Elizabeth Warren for the VP!

And I think it will come to be seen as the most genius move in politics in a long time.

You’d have to go through all the voter data to get why this is a winning move. It’s complicated but trust that his campaign knows what it is doing, troving the granular data as opposed to broad polls.

So if you see deplorable bots pushing Harris or Rice then you know why. They have access to the same data.

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2020 5:25 PM

Naw. Warren is despised

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2020 5:33 PM

Dang, Democrats need some Middle American swing state talent.

by Anonymousreply 133August 5, 2020 5:35 PM

Well, we had some and the George Floyd threw a stapler at it.

by Anonymousreply 134August 5, 2020 5:40 PM

The Constitutional scholars have discovered a loophole within our country's most sacred document....

.... and the nominee will be Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote] Then name one person who counts.

Discounting voters' opinions. How very Trumpian of you. Picking Duckworth would be a copout, because it would say that he's too gutless to pick Warren, because she's a white woman (le gasp!), but doesn't think any of the black female candidates are suitable (they're not, they all have at least one major flaw). You can't pick someone based on how many underprivileged boxes they tick off. Female? Check. Non-white? Check. Disabled? Check. Double Amputee? Triple Check! That's a terrible way to choose a running mate.

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2020 6:08 PM

Not voters, just you. You're used to that, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2020 6:12 PM

Liz Warren is the bank’s worst nightmare.

I’ve noticed that under republican leadership that savings rates are down to 1%.

Warren would whip the banks, and their exploitation of tax-payers money, into shape.

We could bring back real savings rates for the working and middle class. It’s one more step on the way to having a more fair playing field.

by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote]Biden should just announce his decision - too much bickering on the sidelines is not helpful.

Agree. This prolonged auditioning tactic has gone from normal vetting with basic discretionary reviews to generating divisive "camps" of supporters trying to highlight the negative and distractive features of the other prospect(s) remaining under consideration. The public hears all this.

Yappers before the media and political operatives demanding it must be this person, or this race, are trying to force added parameters onto Biden. Biden said his choice would be a women. That's a huge narrowing of options right there.

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2020 6:14 PM

Biden has already promised to be the most progressive president in history, so I don't think he needs Warren on the ticket. Anyone who cares about that should look at the platform. Plus, taking Warren out of the senate gives up the seat to a Republican appointee, which we definitely can't afford right now.

by Anonymousreply 140August 5, 2020 6:18 PM

I think Mass., has a law that prevents the governor from replacing a senator with someone from the opposite party. Still, as much as I like Warren, she is not the right pick now.

by Anonymousreply 141August 5, 2020 6:19 PM

Biden would never imperil the chances of the Democrats taking over the Senate by choosing Liz Warren.

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2020 11:08 PM

[quote] Biden would never imperil the chances of the Democrats taking over the Senate by choosing Kamala "I was that girl" Harris, Susan "Benghazi" Rice, or Tammy "Born in Thailand" Duckface.

by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2020 11:09 PM

Warren is a horrible choice, and Biden knows it

by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2020 11:20 PM

Biden lead shrinks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 5, 2020 11:42 PM

See'un sqaw named "Two broke Feathers".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2020 12:52 AM

It should be Sally Yates. She was masterful in her testimony on Capitol Hill today.

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2020 4:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!