Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ethnic fast food and fast casual restaurants

For Mexican there are Taco Bell, Qdoba and Chipotle.

For cajun there is Popeye's. Well it's kinda sorta cajun.

For Italian there is Olive Garden (DL fave).

So why are there no fast food or fast casual restaurants for Chinese or Thai?

And yes, the obligatory "fat whores rejoice!" would be very appropriate if someone stepped up to the plate and filled this void.

by Anonymousreply 22Yesterday at 5:10 AM

OP, you’ve not heard of Panda Express?

by Anonymousreply 1Last Saturday at 2:35 PM

Panda Express?

by Anonymousreply 2Last Saturday at 2:35 PM

PF Changs and Panda Express

by Anonymousreply 3Last Saturday at 2:35 PM

Zankou Chicken for Armenian/Lebanese -- only in LA though

by Anonymousreply 4Last Saturday at 2:37 PM

Panda Express, pfchangs, and pei wei for generic asian "chinese" food

by Anonymousreply 5Last Saturday at 2:38 PM

Panera Bread for Fraus

by Anonymousreply 6Last Saturday at 2:38 PM

Las Vegas has drive-through Thai restaurants -- I saw it on Padma Lakshmi's show.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 2:39 PM

There's a butt load of rich Asians in this world, can't they start their own restaurant chains? I would love to have access to more food choices.

Outside of the west and east coasts, Thai is a limited option and its my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 2:49 PM

Panda Express > P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's sells overpriced crap. You're paying for the theme decor, like Elephant Bar.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Saturday at 2:58 PM

We have Thai Express in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Saturday at 3:01 PM

R10 - that is so good. I remember it back in Toronto in 2007. But tbh some Thai places are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Saturday at 3:04 PM

Beside Panda Express there's also Pick Up Stix and lots of local chains.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Saturday at 3:08 PM

If someone ever comes up with a successful national Banh Mi chain, Subway will have to watch out -- it kicks their sandwiches' ass.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Saturday at 3:10 PM

Lee's Sandwiches (banh mi) has locations all over California, with some in Texas, Arizona, and Oklahoma. I think they're expanding to the DC area as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14Last Saturday at 3:16 PM

Panda Express is gross.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Saturday at 3:18 PM

Una Panda Rapida

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 7:11 PM

Thai Original BBQ throughout SoCal and Las Vegas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17Last Saturday at 10:54 PM

There are many ,though maybe not in the US. In Berlin there are these little take away chains called Asian and it serves a hodgepodge of cultures. Here is is very hard to find sit down Chinese but very easy to find fast food from all the countries.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 11:08 PM

OP does bring up an interesting point that, other than Panda Express, there aren't really any truly national Asian fast food or fast-casual chains. Yes, there's Pei Wei (but they're small and they're actually closing more locations than opening), Pick Up Stix is strictly regional and probably will never be national, PF Changs is actually full casual, not fast-casual or fast food. I think it's partly that there are so many independent mom & pop Chinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean places.

Did anyone try the now defunct ShopHouse? Chipotle's pan-Asian concept?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19Yesterday at 2:29 AM

Maybe Pei Wei is just a west coast establishment, but they're an asian fast casual/takeout place that is pretty ok. I believe they are owned by PF Chang's. Sidenote, as a kid I thought PF Chang's and Kona Grill were so fancy. Now I know they're both low quality, overpriced Shitholes. Also, why are all Kona Grills attached to shopping malls under the portico? Every location I've seen is under a portico near the valet. Has to be deliberate. Such a weird choice. Exhaust fumes and overpriced shitty sushi, YUM!

by Anonymousreply 20Yesterday at 2:42 AM

Sbarro Italian in every airport.

by Anonymousreply 21Yesterday at 4:37 AM

r17 I've lived in SoCal for 33 years and have never seen or heard of that place.

by Anonymousreply 22Yesterday at 5:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!