Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People who use the made up word ‘SJW’

Well?

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 10:07 PM

Fuck off, Loser SJW OP!

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 7:37 PM

[quote] made up word 'SJW'

Yes, that's how words tend to come into being, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 7:38 PM

somebody's triggered? Did they assume your gender again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 7:40 PM

Being a social justice warrior used to be considered a good thing until the right wing stole the term and demonized it. Not sure why any gay person would co-opt the term when being a social justice warrior was needed for our advancement, and is still needed for us to have true equality in society.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 7:43 PM

I'm liberal. I support BLM. I also have the ability to see that there are "social justice warriors" who are just as fascist as those on the right. Believe as we believe. Speak how we speak. Do as we say. Do not question or debate. Accept everything we say. That is also bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 7:44 PM

No, it isn’t bullshit. It’s the truth.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 7:45 PM

'SJW' is not a "word."

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 7:47 PM

Is it even an accurate in the face of attacks on major cities?

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 7:48 PM

Inaccurate, I mean

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 7:48 PM

Probably the same company that created the phrase "Obama's boys" or "Bernie bros", a company with an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 7:54 PM

Newsflash to the idiots: civil rights leaders and gay rights leaders are social justice warriors. Everyone who is fighting for social justice in America is a social justice warrior. Without social justice warriors we would have not gotten this far with civil rights and gay rights.

Stop falling into right wing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 7:57 PM

Consider suicide if you’re so fragile, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 8:08 PM

Right R11, and "peaceful protestors" are ALL peaceful with their peaceful firebombs and peaceful bricks and peaceful looting and peaceful burning of an Oakland courthouse. SO MUCH PEACE!

You have to be pretty dumb, shallow, irrational, and ignorant to think describing yourself with positive adjectives automatically makes you a good person regardless of your actions.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 8:11 PM

SJWs should be called Twitter Tards. They mistake tweeting as activism. That's what peoples conception of them are today. Before the internet, we didn't hear about them that much.

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 8:15 PM

I never use the acronym anyway, but if I spelled out the term, over and over again, in a post on any forum, I would be attacked as a troll from every direction. I don't know what half the acronyms used on DL even mean.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 8:16 PM

I forgot ‘idiots’ but ran out of poll space.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 8:17 PM

There’s a difference between being an activist and being an SJW:

- An activist will campaign for greater handicap accessibility in old buildings.

- An SJW will argue for the stairs to be removed so they don’t trigger anyone who can’t use them.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 8:20 PM

R17

That is NOT what the term originally was. The right wing hijacked it and turned it into a demonizing phrase, obscuring the real meaning.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 8:22 PM

SJWs were berating anyone who spoke out against looting even when they supported the protests and BLM. I kept out of that fray, because there was no arguing with anyone at that point. People who I follow and admire on social media were telling us that we aren't allowed to criticize the way people "express their anger" and proclaimed that "businesses can be rebuilt." Right, but looting and destroying my neighborhood hardware store is also wrong. But no. The SJWs were having none of it. "We must support and not criticize looting because that is centering the protests on us when they should be centered on POC." What the fuck??

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 8:25 PM

Link r19?

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 8:26 PM

The right wing magas were the ones doing the vandalism, no?

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 8:27 PM

Gay white men going along with the right wing’s propaganda. Lmao. You guys are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 8:28 PM

Easier just to call them sad cunts.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 8:29 PM

That's the thing, r21. I believe most of the looting was done by bad actors, right wingers, agitators. But I watched SJWs on social media, who believed the looting was done by POC, bending over backward to justify and excuse it. It was very strange and illogical.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 8:30 PM

No worse than the SJW idiots who use the made up words "cis, trans, Latinx, POC, TERF, queer, etc..."

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 8:31 PM

LINK?

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 8:31 PM

Link to what?

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 8:34 PM

Not R19 but there were a lot of excuses going on for the destruction with the argument "businesses can be rebuilt." Spoken like true assholes who don't own a business. Insurance doesn't necessarily cover everything.

Why don't the authors who write this shit invite people to burn down their homes and offices if it can all be "rebuilt?" These assholes believe they're above it all and invulnerable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 8:34 PM

R18 You’re conflating social justice ACTIVISM with social justice WARRIORS. The activists of yesteryear were fighting very different battles. The term SJW wasn’t even coined until 2015.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 8:44 PM

Yes, R28, these types who celebrate destroying other people's homes, businesses, even lives -- you're right, they feel invulnerable. For example, white people who promote the idea that whites are awful, filthy racists from birth because of the color of their skin* -- they're happy to see [italic]other[/italic] people's shit get destroyed, because they think that somehow they're the "good" ones and no one will dare touch a hair on their head. Obviously they've never studied violent revolutions, because that's a very unfounded belief.

*suspiciously similar to Calvinist doctrine that some are destined to Hell from birth and nothing they can do or say can ever redeem them. Lots of the SJWs' beliefs seem to echo fundamentalist religion, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 8:44 PM

Let it go OP, SJW ( an acronym by the way) no longer means activism. It's used to describe the ugly truth about the extreme left.... they are as fascists as the extreme right. I wish I could like r5 more and I agree, posting in social media is not the same than activism. I know, having and opinion different than yours automatically make a bigot and I need to be cancelled, blocked, blah blah blah, The end of my social life! Sadly for you, grown ups don't give a fuck about that.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 8:46 PM

Let it go OP, SJW ( an acronym by the way) no longer means activism. It's used to describe the ugly truth about the extreme left.... they are as fascists as the extreme right. I wish I could like r5 more and I agree, posting in social media is not the same than activism. I know, having and opinion different than yours automatically make a bigot and I need to be cancelled, blocked, blah blah blah, The end of my social life! Sadly for you, grown ups don't give a fuck about that.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 8:46 PM

OP, you're either dumb, high, or being deliberately obtuse. No one on this earth has ever called, say, Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks or César Chávez an SJW. They were real activists who didn't do what they did for applause or "likes." And they didn't sit on their ass, on their Tumblr or Twitter feeds, micromanaging and policing everyone else's feelings, beliefs, and lives. And they didn't get "triggered" and profoundly butthurt by the slightest deviation from the language and behavior they demand from others.

The real activists got off their asses and took huge risks to make big changes. A man like Chávez would never have spent 5 seconds giving a shit about a burrito label from some minor hipster grocery chain.

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 8:52 PM

Ok but which one of the poll questions are you?

I’m going with trash for r33.

12 year old for r32.

R25 is a bigot

And the rest are combo trash/deplorables.

As you were.

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 8:58 PM

R34 has all the personality of a shed uterine lining.

by Anonymousreply 35August 2, 2020 5:54 AM

R17 you should meet R4 . So much in common.

by Anonymousreply 36August 2, 2020 9:26 AM

R36 Is your 'shed' a noun or an adjective?

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 9:21 PM

SJWs, like the OP, are the Karens of activism.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2020 9:53 PM

[QUOTE]I forgot ‘idiots’ but ran out of poll space.

You mean troll space.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 10:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!