Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Airplanes Are Safe (Covid, et al)

Please take ten minutes out of your day to watch this. In this video Physics Girl (AKA Dianna) tell you why airplanes are safe to fly in. She has a degree in physics from MIT so she does know what she is talking about. She uses simple language to explain it and she is fun to watch. So do yourself a favour and watch this and actually learn something accurate today.

Then go back to your bashing and gossiping....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 4:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 3:56 PM

Neither bashing nor gossiping, but Physics Girl's Wiki page says she "studied physics" - as did many of us - but it's not listed as her major at MIT, just that she has a bachelors degree granted in 2011. She's not listed as having any advanced degrees. The explanations are filled with her caveats to the extent that this is a new disease and much of what we now think we know may change.

I wouldn't get on an airplane based on physics girl's thoughts on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 4:01 PM

She's wrong about one thing: there isn't any real debate about whether the virus can be passed along via airborne transmission. That has been settled: yes, it can, although it does not appear to be a primary mechanism of transmission.

She also doesn't say that "airplanes are safe," as far as I can tell. She simply walks through various situations.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 4:04 PM

Awesome. Has Dr. Stella Immanuel voiced her opinion yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 4:04 PM

Yes Dr Stella has R4.

"Flying machines are voodoo magic..."

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 4:06 PM

There is also the time on the ground, at the beginning and end of the flight.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 4:06 PM

I have had one cold in the last 10 years, after sitting next to a sniffling, sneezing man on a flight. He tried his best to cover his sneezes with a handkerchief but I still got it.

So, with apologies to Physics Girl, there is no fricking way I'd fly with Covid-19 running rampant.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 4:07 PM

It's not every MD who has a theme song r5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 4:08 PM

Physics has nothing to do with disease. This is just another attention whore trying to capitalize on the pandemic. Idiots like OP are helping her out.

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 4:08 PM

Sorry, R3. Airborne transmission very well may be a major problem. It's been clear from the beginning that it was something to which we should all pay attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 4:10 PM

no it is not safe.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!