Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Inspired by the pillow thread, what’s the best mattress for side sleepers?

My partner bought a mattress from Macy’s a few years ago and it has never been great, especially for side sleeping. Now it’s fucking awful. It’s killing my shoulders and I wake up with sharp pains.

If you sleep on your side, what mattress do you have and do you recommend it??

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2020 5:28 PM

Zero replies, since August??

by Anonymousreply 1November 8, 2020 10:24 PM

Buy a high end mattress pad; I'm a side sleeper & that's what I did.

by Anonymousreply 2November 8, 2020 10:28 PM

I am a side sleeper. I have a foam rubber futon that I bought many years ago. It is very comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 3November 8, 2020 10:30 PM

R2, do you put the mattress pad right on top of your current mattress? Doesn’t it take on all the indentations of the existing mattress?

And don’t you then have to buy all new sheets ?

by Anonymousreply 4November 8, 2020 10:33 PM

Pine needle, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 8, 2020 10:35 PM

[R2], do you put the mattress pad right on top of your current mattress? Doesn’t it take on all the indentations of the existing mattress?

And don’t you then have to buy all new sheets ?

Yes, I bought Tempur Pedic mattress pad (just buy it from TP and not the ones they have at Costco) and put on top of my mattress. As a side sleeper, it provides a cushion to accommodate your shoulder and is not so cushiony that it's impossible to get in & out of. Surprisingly enough, all of my sheets fit fine. Its not a perfect solution, but if you don't want to spend the $$ for a new mattress, it's a reasonable option

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2020 9:29 AM

Here's a cnet article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2020 4:58 PM

Where's the damn pillow thread? I need a new pillow badly and would love to read it, but can't seem to find it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2020 5:19 PM

r8 Use Google to search for Datalounge threads. Just type "datalounge pillow" and there it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2020 5:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!