Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anything about how Oprah is to work for?

Nice or nasty? Or is everyone totally silent due to NDAs?

by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 4:46 AM

I've read that she surrounds herself with white people. I remember seeing an interview with some guy (can't remember who it was) years ago who had appeared on her show as a guest. He said she was all sweetness and light as long as the cameras were on, but when they would break all that washed away immediately and she'd stomp off the stage.

Personally I've never cared for her. I've always found her very fake.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Friday at 12:30 PM

A guy who did a radio show said the station where he worked was interviewing her years ago. Everyone lost their minds out of excitement to have her on. They received emails ahead of time from her people requesting that no one make eye contact or address her directly. An intern was overcome and star struck and walked up to Oprah and told her she was her personal hero etc. She was immediately fired. Then the guy with the radio show was fired for talking about the incident. This was in Florida probably 10-15 years ago, can't remember the radio station.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Friday at 12:43 PM

I'm guessing she has iron clad NDAs ala Trump which is why there is very little info about working for her. She did however do an entire episode of her show about how wonderful it is to work for her, totally unbiased piece, lol.

Always seemed phony to me

What happened with her step mother who she was having evicted? Seemed like the step mother was getting ready to spill the beans and then went silent, O obviously had better lawyers. What stood out to me from the story was that when stepmother married her father, stepmom sold her house and used the proceeds to save O's father's business (barber?) which is why she thought she was entitled to a house to live in.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Friday at 12:48 PM

Does Oprah’s father just keep working to embarrass his daughter?

by Anonymousreply 4Last Friday at 12:56 PM

A million years ago when she still flew commercial, she and Julia Roberts were voted most dreaded, horrible passengers by a poll of flight attendants.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Friday at 3:34 PM

A very good friend of mine worked for the Oprah show right after she started syndication. Maybe because of the NDA, there was never anything to talk about since he said it was a dream job. Everyone was very well paid and the show ran very well. If there was tension, it was due to the subject matter of the particular show, which he did talk about. Those who stayed either retired or went on with OWN. As for surrounding with white people, that's total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Friday at 5:05 PM

The unauthorized biography on her that came out a few years ago said that she was quite demanding of her staff.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 4:21 AM

This title is very confusing - horrendous grammar

by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 4:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!