Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Lincoln Project ad

Nationalist Geographic: Impotus Americanus is about to become extinct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 3:57 PM

Who watches this nonsense. You couldn't pay me to watch a political ad.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 8:19 PM

I support the Lincoln Project, but this is their lamest ad yet :(

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 8:21 PM

That a Trumpster like R2 hate it makes me think they're on to something.

If I had millions of dollars, I'd buy air time on Faux News and have this ad run every 15 minutes during prime time. The pleasure of watching Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Piro, Laura Ingraham, and Trumps heads explode would be worth every damn penny.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 8:29 PM

R1, you might be "above" politics ads, but there many who aren't. So get out of the way.

As for R2, you sound pretty lame yourself.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 8:31 PM

*political ads

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 8:32 PM

R4. What the fuck are you talking about. Political ads are for the gullibles who seems to be impressed by meaningless visuals.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 8:42 PM

What the fuck are YOU talking about, R6? Why do you think candidates on both sides have spent millions with every election cycle on political ads? And if you think political ads don't matter or work, I suggest you look up the name "Willy Horton," you fool.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 8:47 PM

No, this is directed solely at Trump, not his followers. This ad targets his vanity. If he ever sees it, he will start foaming at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 8:49 PM

This one misses the mark.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 8:54 PM

How so, R9?

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 8:58 PM

The Lincoln Project has done better work then this, just because someone says so doesn't make them a Trumpster. Such intolerance about an ad produced by republicans who will turn on Joe Biden the minute he's elected. I appreciate the work the Lincoln Project has done, but don't trust them as far as I can spit

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 9:00 PM

That's hardly the immediate point, R11. Still no argument supplied as to why this ad doesn't work. They're not all supposed to take the same approach, you realize?

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 9:31 PM

R7. You result to name calling which shows there are simpletons like you who are easily swayed by political ads. I should become a political so I can con gullible people like you. Political ads are nothing more than wasted money.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 9:50 PM

I think the ad is hysterical and is a direct kick to tRump's tiny balls.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 9:54 PM

"I should become a political so I can con gullible people like you."

Oh, dear--who's a simpleton, R13?

We're talking about people an be swayed by ads, darling.

Willie Horton was used by Republicans in the 1988 presidential campaign in political ads and it proved very detrimental to the campaign of Democrat Michael Dukakis--proof that political ads can have a very potent effect.

Here--educate yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 9:56 PM

"Still no argument supplied as to why this ad doesn't work"

I think the sarcasm will be lost on the target audience. The play on the Latin is cute, but if the watcher doesn't get it, it's wasted. The Lincoln Project has done some brilliant work, this one just isn't my favorite. Get over it

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 9:58 PM

It’s not as lame as the scripted ‘coma’ melodrama one.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 10:00 PM

R16, what you say is a matter of opinion--yours. The ads are targeted for certain demographics, I would also imagine. Not all demographics are the same.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 10:18 PM

Agreed R11, they Lincoln Project people want to return to the time when the GOP were closet racists, stealing everything and ruining middle class America quietly under the guise of programs like trickle-down economics. They hate Trump and Trumpism because it takes what they really are and shoves it forward into the light for all to see- and turns it up to 11. They continue to put forth this false "Party of Lincoln" narrative to make the flyoverstan plebs that vote for them feel honorable for doing so. The GOP hasn't been the party of Lincoln for a century- Lincoln was liberal. Project Lincoln WILLINGLY played their part and helped get Trump and his enablers elected in 2016 because they thought that they could profit. They never realized how exposed their game would be and how it would jeopardize everything. VOTE THEM ALL OUT.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 10:31 PM

There were people on the Lincoln Project--maybe all the founding members--who were dead set against Trump from the start of the 2016 campaign.

The current enemy of my enemy is my friend. Until at least November. Who else is running ads like these?

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 10:46 PM

I love the Lincoln Project but agree this is not their best work. Something about the British-accented, Wild Kingdom-esque narration is just too dorky. It'll probably bug the shit out of Trump, nonetheless, and I'm sure the LP has more great work to come.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 10:46 PM

[quote] They continue to put forth this false "Party of Lincoln" narrative to make the flyoverstan plebs that vote for them feel honorable for doing so.

If it works to get them to vote AGAINST Trump in November, I'm all for it. Doesn't mean we need to crawl in bed with George Conway et al forever.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 10:49 PM

R19 gets it

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 10:56 PM

There’s Boris at R1.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 11:00 PM

Well, let's appease R11 and R19 and let the Democrats put their non-existent message skills to work. Let's see how that works out for everybody, especially since the Democrats haven't had an on point messaging system since ever!!!

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 11:06 PM

The ads are great R20, but their goal isn't altruistic. Project Lincoln wants their party back, but the GOP and American Conservatism has been bad for Middle Class America for the 37 years I've been alive and probably a lot longer. The party ideology is a lie, and PL should not be enabled to reform another party based around American Conservatism and start over running their sham bullshit. If Trump loses it will be because of Coronavirus and it's impact on the country, not because of PL internet ads- great though they are. I believe nothing else would have defeated him otherwise because Biden is not a strong candidate and the despite the "Radical Liberal" horseshit coming from the Radical Right, the Democratic party is mostly moderate.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 11:09 PM

R15. I have no time for some random nonsense you copied and pasted from Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 12:07 AM

I think it’s funny, and I bet Melania does too.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 12:12 AM

R27 doesn't want to read that her idiot belief that political ads have no effect was an imbecilic statement, easily proven wrong by my reference to Willie Horton. R27 prefers to be a moron.

Btw, the facts of the Willie Horton ads aren't limited to Wikipedia, you silly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 12:57 AM

This is a great ad for the people it is aimed at;.

It is not aimed at elderly liberal homosexuals with a passion for Golden Girls and Broadway musicals.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 1:01 AM

Who is the ad aimed at, R30?

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 3:10 AM

I like the ad, after all you've got ad copy that correctly calls him a "narcississtic sociopath" who "eats souls". As a guy who's written a few small town political ads, I'd say the Lincoln Project is giving a master class that political advertising wonks will be influenced by for many years.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 5:43 AM

@r25, what I hear you saying is that without the help of disgruntled republicans the democrats don't have a prayer. That's bullshit, there are other groups like Meidas Touch who are doing excellent work who aren't butthurt republicans. One more time for those who easily get their undies in a bunch, I appreciate the work the Lincoln Project is doing, most of their ads are creative and spot on. This is not one of the better ones. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 10:21 AM

The ad is mostly aimed at Trump R31 -- they run it in places he'll see it and he's reacted to previous ads of theirs.

The secondary target are on the fence Republicans who are looking for support in their decision to abandon Trump. TLP says "you an still be a good Republican and vote for Biden"

The tertiary target is people who hate Trump and love seeing him mocked and will likely share the add on social media.

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 10:39 AM

R31. Ask the right question which is who are easily swayed by this ad. No one new since the people who like those ads were never going to vote for trump and then you have the never trumpsters. So those ads are speaking to those who already hate trump and never voted for him in 2016. Basically preaching to the choir and no one else.

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 10:42 AM

R29. You think resulting to name calling makes you tough buttboy.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 10:43 AM

Stupid R36 returns! I was wrong to call you a cunt. You're a gash. How's that, fuckhead?

R35, I asked the right question, because I was responding to where the ad "was aimed." As for the target--it's Dump. It's meant to infuriate him. That's enough.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 3:50 PM

I thought it was funny. But then I’ve watched a ton of nature shows so it appeals to me in that sense. I haven’t seen all their ads but anyone attacking Dump right now is fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!