Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your pet’s pet names

My cat’s name is Nancy, but I also call her Cat, Nancycat, Pookie, Butch and Dollface.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 9:35 PM

His name is Pete but I also call him Bowtie and Buddy.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 8:10 PM

Thank-you for asking, OP

My cat's name is Bootsie Gumdrop.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 8:35 PM

This thread is going nowhere until The Fabulous Miss Lucy chimes in!

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 8:48 PM

Grace: Gracie, Gracieface, or Gracie Louise! when I'm yelling at her.

Dylan: Just Dylan. A perfect name that should never be fucked with.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 8:51 PM

My Romanian cat is named Kitty. My Pomeranian is named Peluchin, aka DogDog, or Peluchini Alfredo

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 8:51 PM

My late dog was called Luss instead of his given name (Padsy), for some reason.

The puppy I have now didn’t have a name for a few months because he came to me as a suprise, so he went by Little Dog or Little Man until I chose another name for him. Little Dog/Man has basically stuck as an endearment he hears and acknowledges everyday, though for training and feeding he does respond to his other name too.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 9:01 PM

My black lab Mona = Mona bologna head, Monie Love

My pug Willa = Gilla Monster, Wooly Bully

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 9:20 PM

I used to call my family’s Westie “Little White Dog.”

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 9:21 PM

R4 [quote]Grace: Gracie, Gracieface, or Gracie Louise! when I'm yelling at her.

Yes! I call that an 'escalating' name. Every pet should have one so they know we're not kidding anymore. My cat Tim was also Timmy but when I had to put my foot down, he was TIMOTHY THOMAS!

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 9:26 PM

Sebastian but I often call him Louise as in "Sing out Louise!". Also, I am a practicing homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 9:28 PM

I can’t believe I forgot Nancy-pants.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 10:08 PM

Sophia Olivia Henry Oliver Alexander Hamilton

We call them “mama loo”, Cooka loo”, and Dainty Boy.

If I ever start a men’s clothing line, I’m going to call it Dainty Boy.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 10:12 PM

My dog is a chorkie named Buttons. I sometimes call him Stroonz because he's an idiot or Pickles because he's sour, salty and crunchy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 10:17 PM

Commas are your friend, r12

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote] Also, I am a practicing homosexual.

A homosexualist, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 10:49 PM

Mr. Cheese Cheeser Charlie Cheese Cheese cat Pizza Cat 2020

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote]My cat’s name is Nancy

I'll bet that's your pet name to some people too, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 12:39 AM

My dog’s name is Violet but of course her close friends and family call her Vi.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 1:12 AM

My cavalier is named Henry

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 1:15 AM

Dixie = Big Dix

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 1:16 AM

Edgar, Tonks, Millie, and Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 1:27 AM

3 cats prenamed, renamed one because I couldn't keep on calling him Mozart. So it's:

Bosch, Boschie Boy, Mr. Bosch, Little Black Bosch Cat

Mahler, Mahler-san, Mahler Baller (I wanted to rename him Gus, but he wasn't responsive to it)

Theo (formerly Mozart), Theopuss

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 2:13 PM

My greyhound left me years ago, and I still miss her. Her name was Abbey. Her racing name was Listen Intently. We have a sort of pet stray calico cat - very old female I think. I feed her daily and make sure she has fresh water. We are both highly allergic, but she is uninterested in coming in the house anyway, even on the coldest days. I named her Puss-Mama!

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 2:42 PM

My 3 kitties are Myrtle (aka Ma Myrtle), her daughter Millie (aka Miss Precious), and her son Billy (aka Punk).

Punk has learned a new trick. He's decided he's far too good to stand at the feeder and eat. Now he lies down with his mouth right at the rim of the feeder and uses a paw to rake the food into his mouth. When I chastised him for being so lazy this morning he gave me a "bitch please" look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 3:49 PM

Herpes but I call her my little STD, daddy’s little infection or doll face

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 4:03 PM

My cat is officially names Max but he answers to "crapper" and "stink puss" and "stinky" and "pookey" and "boo"...

He's very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 4:09 PM

Two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels: Eli and Hannah

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 4:09 PM

Also "doodle bum" and "stink pig" and "bear" and most combinations of these. Also he answers to grunts. He's an attention whore.

I love him to death. He's a Burmese and we chatter back and forth with each other incessantly. He is 15 on the 12th of August.

I'm very impressed with Punk and his lying down R24!

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 4:17 PM

Cookie and Muffin

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 4:29 PM

Harry and Meghan or you two little bastards

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 4:38 PM

Two feral cats that showed up in the back yard looking for somwting to eat.

Will Ferrell - he is an inside cat that is very loving..Willy is his name

Mia Farrow - the family whore, part time outside cat..spends most of her time screwing other ferals living down by the river..hey bitch is her name.

by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 4:46 PM

These have nothing to do with their names but are my collective terms of endearment when calling my cats for dinner: pony-balonies, mcmuffins, meow mix, boys!

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 5:00 PM

Nicknames: Pippy, Poopie, Pippy Pippy Poo Poo, Pippidee Doo Dah, Pipsalah

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 5:04 PM

Here's Mama Myrtle, mother of lazy Punk, taking her daily nap on my chest, her face 4" from mine. I think she likes to feel my heart beat because just as soon as it lie back in the lounger she makes a bee line for my chest.

This is the picture of kitty contentment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2020 11:23 AM

MUCHACHA

MRS PICKLES

SCRUMPDIDDLYUMPTIOUS

by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2020 11:33 AM

How did I miss this thread? Dax, the tuxedo cat, is often called "Handsome Dax." He actually has a tough little face, but to us, he's handsome. Molly is referred to as "Molly Moodle." Don't ask. That just came out of the blue one day. Because she has such a sweet disposition we joke that she came from Moodle Land and is something like a Care Bear, meant to spread love and happiness to all. She's grey with a white heart between her shoulder blades, which is quite unique. The other cats actually don't have pet names.

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2020 11:43 AM

Major Chaos, whom we also sometimes call TCB (for taking care of business) and sometimes Choss (after a favorite vet assistant’s mispronunciation). And General Disarray, whom we always call Dizzy (fitting), and Lupa, a little gray cat who looks very much like a wolf. She’s Lulu and LupaLu more often than not.

I know it may seem to non cat owners that calling cats by various names creates confusion, but I can assure you, my cats ignore all of their names equally.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 11:47 AM

My cat's name is Harry. Nicknames: Harry the Baby; Baby; Big Boy (he's small); Sweetpea

Second cat is a beautiful Siamese named Anya. Nicknames: Anya the Baby; Sweetpea; Miss Poo;

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2020 11:59 AM

[quote]Mahler, Mahler-san, Mahler Baller (I wanted to rename him Gus, but he wasn't responsive to it)

I had a friend who named his cats Gus and Alma.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 12:36 PM

My special big boy, a hand-reared 18 pounder, was officially Bravo. He usually went by Boo because he was a medium grey that just seemed to disappear in a room, then suddenly appear at your feet. Also known as Boo Bear. I lost him right before last Christmas to cardiomyopathy at age 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2020 12:55 PM

R36 I was wondering where you were, MissLucy!

Great thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2020 3:32 PM

R40 Sounds like Boo was a sweet big boy. I'm sorry for your loss.

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2020 3:35 PM

Smudge

by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2020 3:45 PM

My Little Monsters

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2020 3:47 PM

I'm so, so, so sorry R40. I lost my beloved Finn McCool, also at five years, to cardiomyopathy (he was diagnosed at his one-year checkup, so we knew our time with him was going to be limited). Such a hard, sad way to lose a cat.

Hugs.

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2020 3:54 PM

I had a sweet Irish Setter named Erin, but I called her Madogga.

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2020 3:57 PM

The best kitty I ever had was an old breeder (9 years) Bengal that I adopted. His name was Ahsome, and I couldn't call him that, so I called him Ahsa. He became Ahsa Sufasa, then Ahsa Sufasafuschnickens. He even had his own theme song, which was a sea chantey. He learned dog tricks when he was 13 years old, could walk on leash, and loved going into his carrier for car rides. Then he got intestinal lymphoma when he was 14, poor guy. When I first got him, he had a horrible case of tri trich, so earned the moniker, "Sputter Butt", which sparked another theme song, sung to the tune of "Spider Man".

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2020 4:00 PM

Some of you bitches need to get out more

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2020 4:23 PM

Oh honey, I'm an introvert, and I like it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2020 4:26 PM

Good time to be an introvert

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2020 4:29 PM

R48 Please enlighten us: What have you been up to this morning other than cruising DL threads?

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2020 4:48 PM

Thanks much R42, R45. Loosing a much loved pet is difficult, loosing a young outwardly healthy cat to a time bomb like cardiomyopathy is extra difficult. My boy was a mixed Maine Coon, but his cardiac evaluation the year before was normal.

Boo was a snuggle bunny, easy going and a great companion. Anytime I laid down, he was and up curled into my left shoulder. Good memories.

Madogga is a great nickname.

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 9:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!