Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'I Hope You All Die': Masked Shopper Abuses Unmasked Mother in Walmart

woman in a Walmart in Gainesville, Georgia, berated a mother and her children for not wearing face coverings inside the retailer, a video circulating on social media shows.

The video, which went viral Wednesday, captures an older woman with a face mask confronting a mother and her three children, who were all maskless, inside a Gainesville Walmart on July 20.

[quote] This woman literally looks into these children's eyes and says, "I hope you all die."

As the video begins, the two women are seen arguing about whether children under a certain age are required to wear masks. While there is no mask mandate for the entire state of Georgia, several localities have issued their own requirements. Atlanta officials, for example, have stated that children under the age of 10 do not need to wear one.

The mother, identified by CBS46 as Desiree Alis Vansickle, told the older woman that "even the school requires that children under the age of 10 not to wear them. So why would I make them wear them?"

"I hope you all die," the older woman responds, looking down at one of the children. "I hope you all die because you're going to kill me and my husband."

As the older woman walked away, Vansickle shouted after her: "That's such a great thing to say to someone." Other shoppers are seen gathered around the two women, watching the confrontation.

Vansickle told CBS46 that she left the encounter crying and "shaking on the inside" because she was so upset.

"She was attacking the people that were coming in without masks and everybody was just kind of ignoring her and walking on and going on about their business, but I just didn't feel that it was right that she was wishing death upon people for not wearing a mask," Vansickle said.

The encounter occurred the same day that Walmart began requiring customers in all its stores to wear face coverings while shopping, regardless of whether local governments require it or not. A "health ambassador" stands at the front of each store as customers walk in, asking them to put on a mask.

But Walmart has told its employees that they should not prevent a customer from entering the store if they refuse to wear a mask, The New York Times reported.

"The ambassadors, identifiable by their black polo shirts, will work with customers who show up at a store without a face covering to try and find a solution," according to a statement from Walmart.

Vansickle said that while she doesn't mind wearing a mask, she had not planned to visit Walmart that day and thus did not come prepared.

"There was a man at the door who said, 'If you have a mask can you please put your mask on,' and we didn't have any with us but he didn't say that we couldn't come in," she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 9:27 PM

She sounds like the majority of posters on Datalounge.

They're all fucking maniacs.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 6:41 PM

Mask nazis strike again!

Fucking horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 6:43 PM

She’s not wrong. People who don’t wear masks in stores are murderers. No exaggeration.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 6:46 PM

So does that make the masked woman a Nerak?

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 6:47 PM

Boy, this nutjob sounds exactly like the insane mask nazi Dataloungers.

Almost verbatim.

[quote] "I hope you all die," the older woman responds, looking down at one of the children. "I hope you all die because you're going to kill me and my husband."

I hope you all realize how fucking insane you sound.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 6:48 PM

Psycho cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote]"I hope you all die," the older woman responds, looking down at one of the children. "I hope you all die because you're going to kill me and my husband."

The right of self-defense trumps societal pleasantries. We need people to speak up strongly when they see others willfully putting people's lives at risk by not wearing a mask or not social distancing. If every one did the right thing, Covid-19 would be gone by now, because there would be no one to infect to keep it alive.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 7:45 PM

SMH at R7.

Goddamned nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 7:46 PM

Are you upset that your "rights" to not wear a mask are being violated. RWNJ r8?

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 7:52 PM

[quote] Are you upset that your "rights" to not wear a mask are being violated

No.

I'm upset that my rights to not be threatened with DEATH are being violated, you lunatic psycho.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 7:55 PM

Then wear a mask in public and maintain social distancing and you won't be causing a problem.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 7:59 PM

Forgot your mask? GO HOME AND GET IT!!!

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 7:59 PM

The mask Nazis are the ones insisting they have the “right“ and “freedom of choice” to endanger the lives of others. No fucking way, bitch!

My right not to die trumps every last one of your so-called “rights.“ If you don’t like it, then you can just fucking drop dead. Literally. But I will be God fucking damned if I will let you take down the few remaining decent, sane, and intelligent people left in this wretched dictatorship of a shit hole of a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a country.

As far as I’m concerned, killing these stupid morons is patriotism.

It is the textbook definition of sanity to hope that bad people die.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 8:06 PM

And it is our duty as citizens to do everything in our power to make as many bad people die as possible.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 8:07 PM

Thank you, r13.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 8:08 PM

Wow, R13. And R14.

I've seen crazy before, but your level of crazy is off the charts.

You Datalounge shut-ins are really fucking batshit.

Perhaps you should socialize more with REAL people, and then you wouldn't be losing what's left of your minds.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 8:08 PM

I know we have to have trolls, since this is an open forum, but do they have to be as fucking stupid as R16, who is also the OP and half of the replies on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 8:29 PM

So what you're saying R17, is that you're okay with random people making death threats against children?

And disagreeing with that sentiment makes someone a "troll?"

Your definition of being a troll, is interesting. I guess in your world, making death threats against people you disagree with, is perfectly okay.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 8:37 PM

What a witchy thing to say. Corona has really brought out the worst in Americans.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 8:52 PM

If I had meant to say anything like that, R18, I'd have probably written something like that. I didn't, of course, which is why you had to randomly make up shit and pretend that I said it, a classic strawman argument tactic, beloved by trolls.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 8:52 PM

It wasn't a death threat, you twat. It was a death wish. Nothing wrong with that in this context.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 8:53 PM

It's implied, you fuckwit R20.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 8:53 PM

No, actually, it isn't, R22, which is why you can't back up that silly argument any more than you can the rest of your drivel on this thread. But, hey, you go right on trolling if that's the only way you can achieve any kind of satisfaction in your life.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote] It wasn't a death threat, you twat. It was a death wish. Nothing wrong with that in this context.

The fact that you see nothing wrong with either a "death threat" or a "death wish," speaks volumes about you.

You are absolutely no different from those right wing NRA cunts who brandish rifles at protestors, and threaten them.

You're all the same. Fucking animals.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 8:57 PM

R22. No, dumb cunt. Learn the difference between a threat and a wish.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 8:58 PM

OP, R1, R2, R5, R6, R8, R10, R16, R18, and R22 are all the same poster.

Good to know there's only one. rabidly misogynist anti-mask turd in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 8:59 PM

I don’t see any issue with what she did. These are dire times.

Love how you mask-less idiots defending the stupid negligent mother suddenly care about her poor children being threatened. Since when do you EVER give a f*ck about that?

151,000 and counting indeed. Wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 8:59 PM

R1, the maniacs are the stupid freepers who don't wear masks

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote]The fact that you see nothing wrong with either a "death threat" or a "death wish," speaks volumes about you.

The fact that you think a death wish is wrong but NOT wearing a mask isn't, speaks volumes about you.

I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty sure there is no evidence of a "wish" making it so...now go ask Herman Cain about not wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 9:03 PM

Gainesville, Georgia is in the heart of republican territory. Former Gov Nathan Deal (R) is from there as is Call Me Crazy Rep Doug Collins, 45’s lapdog. Bless her heart, the mom probably doesn’t understand that you’re supposed to wear a mask every day not just once a year.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 9:11 PM

I hope she scared the crap out of them. I hope she made them wonder, even for a minute, why their actions might be so upsetting to someone else. But that’s probably wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 9:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!