Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Trump Might Quit

The Trump-drops-out scenario hinges on the assumption that Trump is less concerned with wielding the levers of government than he is preserving his role as disrupter at large in American politics over the next decade. The latter might be much easier to maintain if he avoids being tattooed as loser in November—especially if the margin is larger than could be attributed, even by his most conspiracy-minded supporters, to media bias or vote-counting manipulation by Democrats.

The scenario hinges also on an assumption that Trump’s political project is more weakened internally—in the psychological sense—than it is even in the external sense, as measured by polls and campaign coverage.

Trump in recent days has scotched a planned rally and canceled plans for a massive partisan extravaganza at the Republican National Convention. He has gone from saying the coronavirus pandemic would be quickly routed in the spring to acknowledging, five months into the crisis, that the situation will probably “get worse before it gets better.” After saying masks weren’t for him, and implying that they are for weak spirits, he finally began wearing one and urging others to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2020 3:09 AM

This again? Narcissistic megalomaniacs don't quit. They double down.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 2:38 PM

The man is filth...if we cannot vote him out, more desperate measures will have to be considered.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 2:45 PM

He won't quit as long as there is still a chance at victory.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 2:46 PM

I can see him quitting ONLY if he's certain that the election can't be stolen for him AND he can wrangle a pardon from Pence and transport to a country without an extradition agreement.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 2:47 PM

I can see it. He will lose all of his power if loses the election and only half of it if he quits.

Quite the decision.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 2:49 PM

He won't quit. If he loses he'll say the election was rigged and bitch about it. He'll eventually leave, but he will scream and yell about how corrupt the Dems are, then he will disappear for a while and be resurrected as owner host of his own radio station. He'll hold rallies and get paid to make speeches and be a rallying point for every nutjob out here.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 2:50 PM

Trump's multiple businesses filing for bankruptcy are proof that quitting and losing are nothing new to him.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 2:53 PM

He should quit with the compelling explanation that only a dead fish floats all the way to the end of its term in office.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 2:55 PM

No way. It's either the White House or jail.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 2:55 PM

He’d have to quit before the election so Pence could pardon him, cause he won’t get one from Biden.

Aside, he looks quite ill in recent appearances. Maybe Mother Nature will act before the election but after the convention. Timing is critical.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 3:02 PM

The Lincoln Project guys a re whispering in his ear that he can't trust anyone. They're promoting the notion, probably based on facts and reality, that the people running his campaign will not tell him how bad it truly is, because they are robbing him blind. He's awash in cash. Of course he might also be participating since I read an article a couple days ago about him laundering money through his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 3:04 PM

He’s always been so adept at delegating - I don’t see why he doesn’t just let Pence experience the humiliation of losing the election for him.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 3:05 PM

Trump has two motives: Making money by ripping people off and cutting deals for licenses and contracts, kickbacks, grifting, etc. and avoiding prosecution. Right now I believe Trump, Jared and everyone he trusts to do it, are stealing the country blind. These people are so low down and corrupt they even fucked around with medical supplies and equipment. They're grabbing anything not nailed down. It's going to come out, and we will be appalled at the level of corruption. Seriously. I really don't think he gives a fuck about the election. I think in his diseased mind, he feels like WE let HIM down with this virus bullshit. He will never ever accept his own culpability. He looks at this country in ruins and he will blame everything for it but himself. No way he wants to be around for the clean up. He will "win" by losing.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 3:13 PM

And then, r13, starting at 12:01 pm Eastern Standard Time on January 20, he will devote every waking moment to bashing Biden and urging his flying monkeys to obstruct and fight him, esp. when it comes to the Draconian measures that will be needed to stem the COVID pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 3:18 PM

He won’t quit. The only thing standing between him and a jail cell is the Oval Office. If Michael Cohen went to jail, Individual 1 can, too. And forget about pardons. The SDNY will take him on, not the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 3:19 PM

Repeat: He won't quit. He's too narcissistic to think he has zero chance of winning. And the amount of legal trouble that will emerge after he leaves office is massive, for both him and his children. He's going to make a play to win. And then he'll make a play to stay even if he doesn't win. To Trump, anything is possible when you can control today's media cycle. And if you lose control of it today, there's always something new to try tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 3:32 PM

He does seem to have some ability to acknowledge defeat, though. Look at his turnarounds on the masks, on his Covid predictions, etc. He might just walk away from the election (or a loss) quietly, blaming others for making it "not worth his time" to fight, or some other sour grapes excuse.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 3:38 PM

He turned around on the masks because his numbers were falling. It's a cost-benefit balance for him. If he thinks there's more to be gained (for his own bank accounts) from quitting, he'll quit.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 3:42 PM

If you follow Hoarse Whisperer on Twitter he has a solid theory that Trump will indeed quite because the absolute worst thing that a narcissist can face is being a loser, and losing so publicly in such a major way is a catastrophic thought that will send him into a complete panic. Narcissism rules everything for the narcissist. It is even greater than the fear of possible prosecution once he leaves office.

Today the Trump campaign announced they are suspending all television ads as they restructure their messaging. Since the new campaign manager just took over, this may mean that he wants to put his stamp on the ads. But it could also mean that Trump wants to freeze spending so he can pilfer as much money as possible from his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 3:48 PM

There is no post presidential life for him, he'll spend the rest of his life in jail or trying to stay out of jail and that goes for his family and his support system . He'll spend the rest of his presidency trying to make the best deal for him. Watch for him to throw Jared under the bus

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 3:49 PM

Over 100 newspapers demanded Clinton resign over the Lewinsky scandal. Now the press rather than tell this incompetent corrupt dangerous asshole to resign are cowardly pulling these passive aggressive "oh but he MIGHT resign" and "oh but maybe he doesn't WANT to be re-elected" crap.

GOP sycophants are in charge of the messaging. Always.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 3:53 PM

He turned around on masks...for about ten minutes. Then he was back to tweeting videos saying masks are a hoax (unlike, say, demon sperm).

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 3:54 PM

I had read it earlier OP

It is clearly clickbait as the author admits it is a highly unlikely scenario

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 3:55 PM

Also, Trump quitting is the last thing we want.

If he stays, there is a good chance he takes down the whole GOP with him.

If he punts to Pence, many GOPers will stick with the party for down ballot races.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 3:56 PM

R17, he never has done, and never will do, anything “quietly.”

However, it’s not hard to imagine him throwing the mother of all pity parties as he flounces out in a towering huff.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 3:59 PM

Trump won't quit. He didn't quit in 2016 when the whole country including himself thought he would lose. He'll see the vote through and then do what he enjoys. Play victim.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 3:59 PM

I can't imagine him quitting if he hasn't so far. I wonder if he is worried about New York State announcing they have indictments against him the second he loses the election.

I'm not sure if this is a thing, I'm just wondering if it's something he worries about. He really loses all bargaining power once he loses the election.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 4:07 PM

He’ll flee to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 4:14 PM

At this point, I can't imagine him leaving the White House, even if he loses. It's going to get ugly, kids. Very ugly. He'll make all kinds of claims and will do anything it takes to "win". He'll take the whole country down with him if that's what it takes, too.

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 4:15 PM

R28, the joke is on him. He'll be no use to Russia/Putin once he's no longer in charge. I'll laugh when Putin leaves him high and dry.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 4:17 PM

R30 Funny thing is that Putin doesn't want him. He's holding him hostage just to string him along. If Trump shows up in Russia after defecting, he'll be greeted by a smile, do one of his hideously goofy smiles, then drop his jaw in horror when guns are pulled and aimed. He'll definitely shit his pants before he's taken out by those he thought were his friends.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 4:21 PM

R31, he's a useful idiot for Putin right now. Once he's no longer useful to him, he's just a plain ol' idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 4:23 PM

He is already telegraphing his strategy. The election was a hoax, his favorite word. We less than a 100 days out and it is rigged already. He is so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 4:24 PM

Why should he quite the nation's GDP has dropped to 6.5%. He and the republicans can do more damage and leave Biden with a recession beyond belief! And once the Democrats fix the economy after years and years of work stupid Americans will vote another Republican in to mess it up using phrases like "its time for a republican now." The Circle of Stupidity continues.

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 4:25 PM

I'd love a Washington D.C. version of the Woody Allen segment of "New York Stories" with Trump as the character Woody played and his late mother appearing in the sky to ridicule him to the world. Then the heads of Leona Helmsley, Nancy Reagan and Barbara Bush appear to continue to ridicule him as he screams, but can't be drowned out because of the booming voices of these women. Leona can say that he never took her Christmas Eve warning to change his ways, so now all he has to look forward to is eternity in hell covered in chains and never able to get an appointment with Satan whom Trump thought was his friend. The stink in that city from Trump shitting himself all over will be felt all the way to Baltimore and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2020 4:30 PM

Preposterous. He’s going to lose and then claim it was a Democrat/fake news conspiracy. And his toothless hillbillies and white supremacists will choose to believe it.

They will claim he’s the real president of the United States, not fake President Biden. *That’s* how he continues to be Disruptor in Chief.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 4:34 PM

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝙸 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖, 𝙳𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚍.

𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚒𝚗 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛.

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎’𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚒𝚗:

p𝚘𝙸𝚜𝚘𝚗

b𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚖𝚊𝙸𝚕

𝚔𝙸𝚍𝚗𝚊𝚙

𝚋𝚞𝚛𝙸𝚎𝚍

𝚊𝚕𝙸𝚟𝚎

𝙾𝚑 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔! 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙸-𝚜 𝚒𝚗

𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚜𝙸𝚗𝚊𝚝𝙸𝚘𝚗

𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚕𝙸𝚊𝚝𝙸𝚘𝚗

𝚖𝚞𝚝𝙸𝚕𝚊𝚝𝙸𝚘𝚗

𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚑𝚢𝚡𝙸𝚊𝚝𝙸𝚘𝚗

𝚗𝙸𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝙸𝚗𝚐, 𝚏𝚛𝙸𝚎𝚗𝚍,

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 4:59 PM

𝙸’𝚟𝚎

𝙶𝚘𝚝

𝙼𝚢

𝙸-𝚜

𝙾𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞,

“𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝙸𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝“

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 5:04 PM

I think he's scared of going out Muammar Gadafi-style. That's why he's building that hideous eyesore around the White House.

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 5:06 PM

Gaddafi*

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 5:07 PM

I wrote this in the other thread, but this article from Politico is just masturbatory nonsense without any sources or any actual evidence. It's the kind of clickbait that I expect from the Guardian.

I don't expect anything of Politico, because the only time I read it is when they have a juicy, well-sourced piece on Trump. This is not that.

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2020 5:11 PM

[quote]At this point, I can't imagine him leaving the White House

Cut the power. Cut the water. Cut the McDonalds deliveries.

He'll leave. Oh, he'll leave.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2020 5:11 PM

Psychos don't quit.

You have to #LockEmUp.

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2020 5:54 PM

Here's the thing about Pardons...and Barr would know this. Yes, absolutely, the SDNY will be coming after him. But if Trump is pardoned, and he also pardons his kids, his cronies contractors, etc. if the charges and the evidence being brought against him by SDNY overlaps with the Federal stuff...and it very well may, won't the SDNY be prevented from using that information to prosecute him once he's pardoned? Anyone here know anything about the law in a criminal case?

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2020 5:54 PM

I don't think he'll quit. If he loses he'll portray himself as a martyr and go on and on about how he kept fighting until the bitter end. And his other followers will see it as the crucifixion of Jesus all over again. And if he's not in prison he'll do interviews, books, speeches, probably documentaries, a show on Fox News where he will play the role of a bitter victim for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2020 6:00 PM

What are you talking about, r44?

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 6:43 PM

The SDNY is a federal court r44.

So the overlap seems inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 9:49 PM

Jesus, this shit again? Who the fuck writes this shit?

For the last time, HE IS NOT RESIGNING.

He will escalate the insanity in the next two months to the point where people will think this time, right now are the good days.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 9:56 PM

As Nancy Pelosi has pointed out, whether or not Donald Trump accepts the outcome of the election is completely irrelevant. It's up to Congress to certify the election, and please note that it won't be our current Congress but the one that will be sworn in before the inauguration.

As far as avoiding prosecution, Trump doesn't need to declare himself dictator for life in order to do this. He can either make a deal to go quietly in exchange for immunity as Nixon did, or quietly get in his plane and take a hop somewhere like France where there's no extradition treaty with the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 10:01 PM

Yes, R 49. Somewhere like ... France.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 12:08 PM

Never happening. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote] He will lose all of his power if loses the election and only half of it if he quits.

How?

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 12:14 PM

R44 here. I kept referring to the SDNY when I actually meant the NY attorney General, the state of NY no t the federal government. The SDNY is the Department of Justice. They rae the federal prosecutors who work with the FBI and others to bring federal charges against individuals. If Trump pardons himself or others the SDNY can't go after him. The State of NY can. Unless his lawyers negotiate a deal. But whether he is pardoned or not on federal charges, if there is wrong doing he would face asset forfeiture if found guilty or he admits a crime by accepting a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 12:21 PM

They had one of their "Floriduh Fridays" sojourns yesterday, in which they schedule something there at the end of the week so they can scoot over to Mag-a-Largo afterwards. But Isaias has changed their plans.

Sorry, Charlie- no happy ending massage this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2020 12:29 PM

Trump won't quit. If he were to quit, it's all on him...there's no one to blame but himself.

However, if he loses the election, he can always blame other things (it was rigged, the media was unfair, COVID brought him down, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 55August 1, 2020 12:40 PM

Trump is funneling hundreds of millions of dollars from his campaign into his and his family's personal accounts. He's making money off the campaign. As long as the deplorables keep writing him checks, he's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2020 2:51 PM

He's whining that "nobody likes me" and McConnell has greenlighted the GOP senators to distance themselves from the big loser.

by Anonymousreply 57August 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Aren't campaign funds supposed to be heavily audited?

by Anonymousreply 58August 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Would that matter, R58? Look at what shit he and his family have gotten away with.

by Anonymousreply 59August 1, 2020 3:32 PM

I know R58. Hopefully they can nail him for campaign violations or whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 60August 1, 2020 3:35 PM

Trump's family and campaign manager are telling him that he can turn things around. So he's not going to quit.

Trump is not going to flee to another country - he's a xenophobe. And I doubt he comprehends what kind of legal jeopardy he's facing - his dementia brain can't absorb any kind of complex thoughts. After he loses in a humiliating landslide, he'll scream voter fraud, retire to Florida after he and Melania amicably divorce, and he'll tweet mean tweets about Biden until his kids have him declared mentally unfit. He'll never stand trial.

by Anonymousreply 61August 1, 2020 3:51 PM

trump doesn't quit. he runs away beforehand (2012) or loses (2016). he's already mapped out a re-election strstegy (if that's what you want to call it) and he's in until November.

by Anonymousreply 62August 1, 2020 4:07 PM

He won't quit until Putin tells him to.

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2020 4:34 PM

R61, King Donald has a well-documented taste for Slavic pussy.

I would expect Putin to offer him asylum in Moscow, as he did with Snowden, so that he might serve as a constant thorn in the side of the next Democratic administration. Then Trump could build a Tower there and enjoy a constant stream of Russian whores until his calcified heart finally explodes.

by Anonymousreply 64August 1, 2020 7:02 PM

He doesn't quit. He loses then blames others for his fall.

by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2020 7:05 PM

He won't quit. No way he'll go through the rest of his life known as a weakling who couldn't take the heat. He'd rather lose and go through life saying "who cares, it was a shit job anyway and the country was stupid and didn't know what a great guy they had in the job with me".

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2020 7:09 PM

It's being reported that he went to Walter Reed again today. Difficult to say if it's true, God knows the White House isn't going to confirm it.

Fingers crossed he's setting up a medical exit.

Sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2020 2:50 AM

There was a picture of him with a large bruise on his hand, the kind of bruise you can get from a blood draw.

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2020 3:28 AM

I don’t want Trump to quit. I want him to be spectacularly humiliated on Nov 3.

When Trump loses, there will be dancing in the streets all over the country. Good gawd, he has to lose!

by Anonymousreply 69August 2, 2020 6:38 AM

Wishful thinking. There is absolutely no way Trump will ever quit. He will hang in their by his fingernails until the very last second...

For the Trump as President chapter to be properly closed - he has to lose humiliatingly and then be removed from office.

by Anonymousreply 70August 2, 2020 7:01 AM

Trump is going to burn down the white house with mike pence inside. A sacrifice for satan to win the election. That's what the witch doctor is for.

by Anonymousreply 71August 2, 2020 7:11 AM

There's speculation Trump is having a series of mini strokes. He is terrified. IMO one of two things will happen: He will get sick and quit. Or they will keep propping him up while they rob us blind and he loses badly.

by Anonymousreply 72August 2, 2020 12:09 PM

They announced the Republican Convention will be closed to all media except for a couple of events. Is Trump facing an insurrection? Or are they terrified that he is unraveling so quickly they won't be able to control unscripted moments.

by Anonymousreply 73August 2, 2020 3:01 PM

I would imagine that it's the latter. Or the small crowd. But...how will he inspire the masses without being on TV?

by Anonymousreply 74August 2, 2020 3:03 PM

R68 Or an iv infusion

by Anonymousreply 75August 2, 2020 3:12 PM

Please note that all this time Putin has been inflicting Trump on US, not on himself. And once Trump is no longer of use to him, he's not going to put up with his shit for another second.

by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2020 3:18 PM

That wouldn’t surprise me, r72. We know his parents lived a pretty long life, but how healthy were they? Also, did they eat and have the weight that Dump does? They may have taken care of themselves, too—he obviously doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2020 3:19 PM

He won’t quit. He literally isn’t capable of accepting failure as reality. If he’s seeing bad polling numbers now then in his mind it just means the polls are wrong. And if he loses he’ll just spend his days bitching about a rigged system and stolen election. He was already planning to do that last time. Being branded a “loser” isn’t a concern because In his mind he won’t really have lost—he’ll have had his victory stolen from him. And then he will use his “dem/media” conspiracy theory to get attention for himself the same way he did with birtherism. That’s why he also will remain a useful puppet for Putin—he can continue to sow discord in the US for years. I guarantee if there’s a whiff of prosecution in the air that he’ll announce the restart of the Trump Moscow project and go there to “personally supervise” it. Trump is a xenophobe but he thinks a super white authoritarian country like Russia is the ideal nation. He won’t hesitate to move there. And besides being a disruptor, he can also continue to launder money for the Russian through his real estate projects. No way does Putin want him in jail anymore than Trump himself does.

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2020 3:40 PM

No, the Turd won't quit, but he will fake his own death after Biden's inauguration and escape to Motherland Russia afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2020 3:43 PM

DJT won't quit. He intends to continue cheating to try and get re-elected. If he loses, he will claim the results are a fraud, and resist vacating the office. Barr is doing all he can in behalf of Trump to prepare an action plan for that scenario. Dont underestimate the length they will go in their wickedness.

by Anonymousreply 80August 2, 2020 3:48 PM

If he quits, he can’t realistically run again in ‘24 or, alternatively, hand the baton to one of his spawn.

by Anonymousreply 81August 2, 2020 3:54 PM

Mnuchin, Ross, Pompeo, McConnell, DeVos, Chao, Kusner, Barr family, Carson, Graham, Ratcliffe, Miller, Meadows, Gohmert, McCarthy,, Nunez, Gym, D. Collins, Biggs, Wheeler, Haspel, and dozens more, dont want that gravy train at taxpayers expense, to end.

by Anonymousreply 82August 2, 2020 4:02 PM

Rupert and Lachan Murdoch and their NewsCorp/Fox are really unloading the propaganda to uplift and sustain Trump. The promotion of outrageous and bogus conspiracy theories they are now promoting should be more than enough to ban Fox from network carriers. It won't happen.

Instead of street protests, lead boycotts of Fox advertisers.

by Anonymousreply 83August 2, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote] somewhere like France where there's no extradition treaty with the U.S.

The U.S has extradition treaties with France and most other countries. And considering how hated he is in the rest of the world, they’d likely ban him from even entering the country.

by Anonymousreply 84August 2, 2020 5:02 PM

You mean he and his demons semen spawn will fly around getting refused at every airport like the covid cruise ships did back in February?

That would be amusing.

by Anonymousreply 85August 2, 2020 8:34 PM

This has got to be pure fantasy. Well it is certainly fun to think about it is clear his ego would never allow it. He thinks people who quit are losers.

by Anonymousreply 86August 2, 2020 8:37 PM

Perhaps it's because of Roman Polanski that R49 thinks we don't have an extradition treaty with France? We do have a treaty, but they won't agree to extradite him because he's a French citizen.

by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2020 5:23 PM

Trum0 is never going to quit. One of the main elements in the process of getting him to quit, is missing. In Nixon's case, People told him to quit. He had Advisers and members of Congress who spoke to him. Told him he could not win and he should quit. Trump has no one who will tell him. The bottom feeders and grifters around him are milking every single drop of blood from this horse and when he falls dead on the tracks, they will walk away and find their next host. In a way they are replicants of this Corona Virus. Essentially parasites who attach to a pig like Trump and run him to ground. And I have no pity for the cruel inhuman son of a bitch. May he rot in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 88August 4, 2020 1:46 AM

It's not happening. Don't even pay attention to these stories. Get out and vote. Fuck these stories, and fuck the polls. VOTE.

by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2020 2:51 AM

Amen, R89.

by Anonymousreply 90August 7, 2020 12:10 PM

Just because a country doesn’t have an extradition treaty doesn’t mean they can’t throw someone out of the country If they want. And as someone said earlier, France and the US DO have an extradition treaty. Just that they have special treatment for their own citizens. Trump is not a French citizen.

And as I’ve said before, the CIA will not allow Trump to flee to Russia. Can’t see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2020 3:53 PM

OP, I am amused by your phrase “over the next decade“

Donald Trump will be dead (from natural causes) before election day 2024.

Joe Biden will be dead (from natural causes) before election day 2024.

I’ll make a further prediction

Barack Obama was the last two term president until 2040 maybe 2044.

by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2020 4:07 PM

Kamala Harris in 2024!

by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2020 4:23 PM

Here is what I think will happen. He will lose and claim it was rigged. He will rally his supportors to do BLM level demonstrations and destruction then claim it is not him, it is the people.,

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2020 5:06 PM

1) Trump is not going to quit for a simple reason, the moment he steps down he's free from presidential protections. Even if he resigns and Pence pardons him for any federal investigations/crimes, that doesn't protect him from state charges. Also, I suspect Russia and China would start coming after him for all the money he owes them.

2) Regardless of who wins in November, I feel like there's going to massive demonstrations and violence by the losing side.

Basically, America is fucked. For the sake of the future of democracy, I hope Biden wins but basically the country needs to burn the system down and start over. The American Dream is dead, capitalism is dead, and America is dead if it don't get its shit together quickly.

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2020 6:34 PM

How about this? He stays until the election. When he loses the election, he says he has been sick all the time, and resigns in November/December, in time for Pence to pardon him for any and all crimes committed.

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2020 9:50 PM

I've said before, but if he loses decisively on election day he's gonna fuck off to Mar-a-Lago for the remainder of his term. He's not going to resign, he's just gonna quit doing the job.

by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]He's not going to resign, he's just gonna quit doing the job.

Wouldn't he have to start doing the job in order to quit doing the job?

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote] When he loses the election, he says he has been sick all the time, and resigns in November/December, in time for Pence to pardon him for any and all crimes committed.

Pence can't pardon him for state crimes.

by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2020 11:01 PM

When he loses the election, I can see him being real pissed off, and then just quitting. Walking out. Telling everyone "let Mike handle the transition. I don't agree with the results. I think this election was rigged for Biden, and I hope there's a full investigation . Mike is a good guy. Let him handle the transition. " Thus Mike becomes POTUS pardons the Trumps, and Asshole doesn't even attend the inauguration. I tell you one thing, as an aside. Joe is older, and yes he has stamina and stays fit, but in a way COVID19 is a gift. No back to back campaign stops, no rallies, now heavy travel schedule. It's a gift for an older guy. Trump complains about missing his ego fix and hates that he can't do rallies, but he's stupid. He should be glad.

by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2020 11:18 PM

Team cerebral hemorrhage.

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2020 3:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!