Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Meghan Markle create the estrangement with her father because she didn't want the tub of lard participating in her wedding?

I've casually read the stories about all the Meghan and Thomas Markle drama. But was that the unspoken issue, that he was too redneck looking and fat and he would ruin the wedding photos? There were never abuse allegations and Meghan maintained he was a good dad and paid for her college. Was she trying to find a way to cut him out before the ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 8:31 PM

She wanted to see how pretty her "fuck off forever" letter would look when rendered in her beautiful "calligraphy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 4:30 AM

I wondered that too.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 5:46 AM

Didn’t want him blabbing stuff to the in-laws?

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 5:49 AM

I thought this, too. She and her behavior seem sociopathic.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 5:57 AM

Hmmm the jizzy files are going to be opened this week. You know who is guessed to feature in them. I wonder why the sudden influx of Meghan is the black antichrist threads. It is puzzling. Three Brf threads. More to come. Bring on the upcoming cybercrime case. It's going to be very revealing

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 5:58 AM

You trolls know the case was given the go ahead. It's full steam ahead after the Alley site had its thread analyzed.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 6:00 AM

Yes, OP. It was obvious from the start.

She’s a delightful person, isn’t she? Woke feminist married a royal and assumed his name, style and title rather than retaining her own.

Independent black woman let her white dad pay for her education then lied about that and ghosted him because his appearance didn’t fit with the visuals of her second marriage - dad was too fat and not well dressed enough when she joined the House of Windsor.

She’s a social climbing, race denying, suitcase opening “calligraphy” writing twat.

Clear enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 6:08 AM

Does anyone know what style of calligraphy that is? Why do only some letter hs have the loop thingy?

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 6:12 AM

R8 That ain’t calligraphy. It’s one step above what preteens do when they dot their i’s with little hearts.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 6:41 AM

It really is surprising that more of her relatives weren't invited to the wedding.

I mean, Harry married her to piss off her family, and there wouldn't be a better way to do that than to invite a bunch of trashy Americans to the palace, and put them on international TV as they become royal in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 7:06 AM

Actually NONE of her relatives were intived, except her mom. But that Plastic Doll cunt Mulroney surely had top billing.

TBH, the Royal Family should have known Meghan was a social climbing sociopath the moment she ghosted her entire family.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 7:37 AM

R5 Some families have more than one sad excuse for a human being (Andrew, Meghan and Harry).

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 9:18 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 9:30 AM

Her dad refused to show up because he’s got narcissistic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 10:29 AM

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 10:31 AM

"She’s a delightful person, isn’t she? Woke feminist married a royal and assumed his name, style and title rather than retaining her own."

WHAT?? SHE MADE A CHOICE! WHAT KIND OF WOMAN IS ALLOWED TO MAKE A CHOICE! WHY, I NEVER!

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 10:33 AM

You sound a little deranged, R16. What do you mean, exactly? In between the ALL CAPS, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 10:53 AM

No one fucking cares.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 10:54 AM

She has several relatives on both sides who have never been publicly problematic for her and even helped her in the past (one Markle uncle was very supportive) , but not one was invited.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 11:30 AM

I have wondered this myself.

At the time I would have said "Never - who would DO that?"

But now that I've seen her behaviour towards him, plus the recent confirmation that she calls the paps on herself, including the very pap who approached her father... and, well. It seems she might have cooked it up with that pap, so she'd have an excuse to get the father out of the picture. The heart attack was either a real result of this or the father trying to save face after feeling embarrassed for accepting the pap's offer.

Either way, I'm certain that Meghan much preferred having Charles walk her up the aisle, and no risk of the father opening his mouth at the reception to undo one or more of her lies to the family.

It all worked out suspiciously well for her...

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 11:57 AM

Klan Granny thread. Already greyed out and marked for deletion.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 12:03 PM

The KG loon ^^^

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 12:15 PM

Yes I think she did ghost him -- she is known for that. Then set him up by writing the letter to him her 5 friends "leaked" to People. Incredible. She hates him and wants to destroy him.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 12:15 PM

First she loves you. Then she stomps you and walks away.

Harry, beware.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 12:29 PM

R22 - Yes, there she is, keeping us updated on a nonexistent legal case. Oddly, the "updates" are all about what is going to happen, but never does.

It's just like the White Queen told Alice in "Alice In Wonderland": "Jam yesterday and jam tomorrow, but never jam today!"

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote]Either way, I'm certain that Meghan much preferred having Charles walk her up the aisle

This is what it was all about, having the future king give her away.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 10:30 PM

She's a hot mess and that kid is not cute.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 11:08 PM

I always suspected that if her father had been the Black parent (who paid for her expensive education, etc.) and her mother had been the White (yoga teacher) parent, that Sparkle would have been delighted to have her father walk her down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2020 3:45 PM

It's a shame her mum didn't walk her down the aisle. Apparently she felt too self-conscious to do so, which is understandable. But it would have been quite powerful to watch a black woman walk her daughter down the aisle to join the British royal family.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2020 3:58 PM

R29 another example of how Megsy cherry picks her wokeness and feminism to suit herself. A perfect opportunity for a bold statement and she chooses her fiancé's father who happens to be POW - i.e., status!!! Her fking fetish of pandering to her own self importance is so obvious. She will always Go There. She has never Not gone there.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2020 5:31 PM

R30 - Too true. Every action Meghan takes is calculated. She's a composite of calculations rather than a person. From her desire for high status to her pretensions of wokeness, it's all part of some public persona she's building - nothing is genuine or authentic.

BLM the Flavour of the Month? Oh, let's do that?

Televised Royal Wedding? Oh, PoW walking me down the aisle - who cares about what a powerful statement it would have been if . . .

Dad put me through Northwestern and made sure I didn't get out riddled with debt? Yeah, he's a great guy but he don't look so good anymore - not compared to HRH, anyway.

Uncle Ted got me the internship in Argentina after I flunked the entry test? Sorry, Unc, you're trailer trash now I can't have you at the wedding.

She's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2020 11:23 PM

If Tyler Perry finds himself at the other side of a MeToo accusation, watch Meghan drop him faster than you can say Latavia Roberson.

by Anonymousreply 32August 6, 2020 12:42 AM

R31, what kind of entry test did Markle fail? I hadn't heard that.

by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2020 1:48 AM

R33 She was given a very coveted internship thanks to her Markle uncle pulling strings and calling in favors, but failed the civil service exams that followed if you wanted to advance. Reports were that she left the internship three months in to go cavorting with a man in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 34August 6, 2020 5:38 AM

Inviting her Foreign Service uncle might have opened up her up to a difficult narrative. She couldn't have such a reminder of her blundering past, right?

She failed a difficult foreign service exam as undistinguished as she was, apparently not even trying to honor her uncle's help by staying for a full appointment. Her first move? To be an actress? Her failure to invite this uncle who stuck it out for her is absolutely grotesque Meghan to the nth degree, yet so her.

Why is anyone surprised?

by Anonymousreply 35August 6, 2020 9:11 AM

She’ll never stop being such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 36August 6, 2020 1:32 PM

Diana’s father, Earl Spencer, was no oil painting himself, but Diana had him lumber down the aisle, no question. Who the fuck besides Markle is rating their father as hot or not at their wedding?

by Anonymousreply 37August 6, 2020 2:45 PM

The fact that no one from her past was there except her mother says that she was either ashamed of them or worried about what they might reveal.

by Anonymousreply 38August 6, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote] Who the fuck besides Markle is rating their father as hot or not at their wedding?

I literally LOL'd at this

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2020 3:10 PM

Wild horses (and a stroke and a coma) couldn't keep Johnny Spencer from his grand coup of beating all other royal-adjacents at getting his baby daughter married off to the POW. It was his greatest accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2020 4:58 PM

Meghan also has a maternal uncle who is a nice guy and scandal-free and was on good terms with Doria (his sister) and Meghan all their lives, and he wasn't invited either.

by Anonymousreply 41August 7, 2020 2:19 AM

Look, Meghan ghosted her father the instant she started dating royalty. Not once, long before they were even engaged and the whole wedding/pap shit blew up, did Meghan make it a point to introduce her serious steady to her father, although she made sure to introduce Harry to her mother.

The estrangement was Meghan's doing. She probably never even saw him again once she started dating a Windsor. He was an aging slovenly fat old slob living in Rosarita, Mexico on a pension. And he's probably got low inhibition controls, too (not unlike his kids), so who knows what he might have let slip in a personal meeting?

The estrangement was totally Meghan's doing - it just started long before what the public saw in the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2020 1:01 PM

Well, with the publication of Finding Freebies - er, Finding Freedom - Meghan has surpassed her ghosting of her father by ghosting, practically speaking, Great Britain, the British Royal Family, and "the family she never had", her child's only extended blood family outside of her mother.

It's obvious that when this book was in development, Meghan clearly figured she'd never need them again. She didn't bet on COVID, or what appears to be an unexpected, ongoing failure to impress the Heavy Hitters of Hollywood and corporate America that she was worth millions in speaking fees and "projects".

Of course, whether Harry really felt he would never need his family and his country and his status there as royalty is speculative. Perhaps he allowed himself to feel that way, but I suspect the day will come when that burnt bridge will smell distinctly acrid in his nose.

The reaction of the BRF is what remains a matter of interest. The book appears to be very much the next generation parallel of Diana's fatal collaboration with Andrew Morton on her tell-all book, and her Panorama interview.

It's startling, really, to see history repeat itself. I imagine the Queen will let the dust settle and in six months or so, we'll see if Harry and Meghan are Woke Enough to surrender their titles in return for a financial settlement, and if they're not, whether the Queen has the spine to take the rest away from them for good and all.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 1:02 PM

So funny that MM considers Charles to be her "second father." They say the best predictor of the future is the past....

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 1:38 PM

I just read the excerpts. My god. It really does sound like she dictated it, doesn't it? Aggrieved, delusional and destructive on so many levels. They make Diana sound calm and reasonable. I have it on hold at my local library, can't wait.

For the umpteenth time - I'd give a lot for a chat with Trevor Engelson.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 1:42 PM

"So funny that MM considers Charles to be her "second father."... "

I don't doubt that she does!

He's totally fulfilling her idea of a father's role, paying all the bills and getting nothing but underhanded abuse in return, working up to being ghosted when he's no longer of any use... "

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 8:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!