Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is Josh Barro’s Damage?

He seems like he is missing a chip. Like he can’t see what is directly in front of him. He has to pass every observation through some mental algorithm that will then analyze and spit out a random answer.

He also seems to jump around jobs a lot and fall off and on the radar.

Something is off about this person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2021 12:03 AM

He is a gay conservative. That alone tells you he's not right.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 2:04 AM

Sure, but...how does he look in a jockstrap?

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 2:09 AM

He's now a Democrat. He was a moderate, mostly fiscal, Republican until Trump. He's perhaps considered a "conservative Democrat" but thankfully they, and moderates, still have power in the Democratic Party. (Witness Biden's nomination.) I read his Twitter although I'm not on Twitter and agree with him most of the time.

If you want the votes of people like him, you need to listen to his views and compromise.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 2:11 AM

I believe he does, R2.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 2:12 AM

I follow him on Twitter. He's annoyingly inclined to "correct" things that are too liberal. I don't care that he's a centrist, but he never has the same energy in "correcting" things that are too conservative.

Short take: yes, there's something off about him.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 2:17 AM

Yes something odd. And sexy. Very hot. It's what's between his ears I'm worried about.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 2:35 AM

I've seen him say some dumb shit on MSNBC. I don't care much for him.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 2:38 AM

He was raised a hardcore Republican.

He's gay, but used to be closeted and fat.

There's your answer!

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 2:44 AM

Example, OP? I like him... both from a mental and fuckability perspective.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 6:16 AM

Here is an example:

“Okay, so normally I don't buy "Trump is trying to distract" claims, but this is Trump trying to create headlines about him...”

Why would he preface a statement this way. And he says this after even the Federalist came out against it, as if he is going out on some limb with that preface...

Besides, everybody knows that he is always trying to distract the news cycle. Everybody on earth knows that.

He is just plain weird. The guy is just plain weird.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 6:26 AM

Well I think I see his point R10. People look for conspiracy theories like "Trump is trying to distract" when really I think Trump just says dumb shit a lot of the time because he's so impulsive. So he's saying "K I know it's usually BS, but for real this time."

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 6:30 AM

I will say I thought Josh's significant other was fuggo tho. I am cuter. Shame I left NYC...

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 6:32 AM

Nobody is saying he isn’t sexy.

Just an odd duck.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 6:37 AM

😥, people need to pathologies someone because they consistently disagree with their opinions. Well, at least it allows you nrver question any of your own.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 8:19 AM

R14 No, I'd suggest people need to write coherent sentences.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 2:45 PM

“It’s all just an innocent disagreement” troll has arrived @ r14.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 2:52 PM

He can't just be a competent, unbiased news reporter. That's boring and forgettable. So he needs a gimmick to get noticed.

This thread proves that his gimmick is working.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 2:55 PM

He's not a reporter. That's not his job.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 3:04 PM

[quote]He's annoyingly inclined to "correct" things that are too liberal. I don't care that he's a centrist, but he never has the same energy in "correcting" things that are too conservative.

This is every self-labeled “centrist;” they’re all crypto-conservatives at best. Barro was a Republican until Trump was elected. He might be a Democrat now, but he’s still as conservative as ever.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 3:05 PM

You can smell the stench of vodka coming off R14’s post.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 3:06 PM

He retweets a lot of right wing people and opinions. Once a conservative always a conservative. I don’t buy his “transformation” into some bleeding heart liberal.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 3:29 PM

R21 he never said he transformed into a liberal. His argument is that the Republican Party left him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 3:34 PM

He’s like a robot but a defective one.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 3:40 PM

“Conservatives” and “libertarians” were basically suckered into something like with the clams. They are essentially victims of brainwashing.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 3:41 PM

His Scruff profile says he’s a fun top and into a lot of fetishes.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 5:13 PM

R25 don’t ruin it :(

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote]LibertarianTroll

Oh yes, your opinion matters to me.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 5:16 PM

Is OP Josh Barro's ex? He's okay, he may be conservative but at least he's not a Trumper. At least you could have a reasoned discussion with him about policy instead of QAnon garbage and conspiracy theories, which is what most conservatives still on the Trump train are into.

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 5:16 PM

His hosting of LCRW's "Left, Right, and Center" podcast is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 5:20 PM

Oops, that's KCRW

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 5:22 PM

Libertarianism is largely old fashioned market Republicanism without the racism and with respect for civil liberties and the rule of law. It would be a better world if we replaced the Republicans as the party of the center right. That's what I'm working forward. Someone has to be there to pick up the pieces when the GOP implodes.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote] something odd. And sexy. Very hot.

Proof that gays, even when being led to the guillotine, will find something hot about the man sharpening the blade

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 5:33 PM

I find him off putting. Every time I see him I think "cute" and then I think "what the fuck is he saying?" I don't care for him at all and stopped following his Twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 6:34 PM

Lol@R20!

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 6:59 PM

In practice, libertarianism is just more feed the rich nonsense. We need a period of real live leftism in this countries, like the 1930s through the 1950s, to get this country back to normal. The real good ole days meant unionization, a commitment to social security, the GI Bill (which given World War II pretty much extended to every family), that kind of thing. No more worrying that Jeff Bezos needs a tax cut. That's just some silly idiocy we can dispense with. An actually progressive tax rate. Some redistribution, not all, it's okay to have rich and poor in general, but not Gilded Age rich and poor.

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2020 7:05 PM

Libertarians are sad sacks. They got brainwashed by Ayn Rand.

They’re always suckers and usually fall for lots of cons. Not just the one.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 7:11 PM

R35 I think most Republican voters (but not Republican politicians) would support all of that and more if we could just stop all the immigration. All of that stuff you mention was only possible because the country barely admitted any immigrants back then.

Heck, I would support Medicare for All in exchange for a complete 20 year shutdown of immigration.

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 7:15 PM

R30: The term is radio show. It's a show on the radio, the podcast is actually the radio showed recorded for download at your convenience. I find Josh too esoteric in his right wing mannerisms. All of the comments in this thread saying "what did he just say?" are spot on. Too cute by half is the term that probably best describes him.

R31: I have no respect for any third party or its supporters until you people get on board with some of proportional representation. Until you all do that, there will only be two parties that can win anything in this country.

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 7:38 PM

His damage is probably the damage that all conservatives have: the belief that the people who have suffered most in the past few decades are the rich. The stupid idea that what we need to do is worry first and foremost about whether the rich are happy, with their tax rate and everything else, and then we can focus on other things. This is a top heavy economy with a ridiculous income distribution. That is what needs to stop. When Josh Barro gets that he will finally become part of the solution.

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 7:59 PM

who's his BF?

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 8:36 PM

apparently he's all over Scruff. who has had him?

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2020 9:14 PM

R40 he's married.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2020 9:14 PM

married and all over scruff? ruh roh.

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2020 9:18 PM

He needs to be reprogrammed. He seems to be malfunctioning lately.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2020 9:19 PM

Is there any gay public figure that is monogamous?

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2020 9:19 PM

What an ill-fitting jacket he's wearing in the OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 9:21 PM

Remember when he used to be really fat?

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 9:21 PM

It's funny. I lead this very boring, very monogamous life, and yet, I don't think monogamy is some ideal that everyone has to live up to. It's worked out fine for me, but I truly don't care if it works out for anyone else. You need to have lots of sex with lot of other guys? Well, okay, do that.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 9:22 PM

When he's on Scruff is he just looking for himself? Or for him and his husband?

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 9:23 PM

R48 same. it just seems like a lot of work

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 9:28 PM

and I get he's kinda hot. Just wish he'd shed his baggage from the Reagan years. Wish everyone would.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 12:53 AM

Is he old enough to have been around during Reagan? I thought he was a 30-something millennial.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 1:03 AM

no, but he lives in that mindset r52. The mindset that Reagan was perfect and Trump is some terrible deviation. That's what I meant. Everyone needs to get that Reagan was the start of the suck.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 1:05 AM

You wouldn't think it but his ass is thiccccc

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2020 12:20 PM

R54 Does that makes him a PAWG? Phat Ass White Guy

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2020 12:36 PM

Conservatism is a mental illness and libertarianism is a personality disorder. These people are not normal and can’t be trusted or taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2020 12:37 PM

Wow, I'm surprised a man who has always struggled with his weight happens to have a thiccccc ass!

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2020 2:58 PM

I ate his ass one night (when he and the bf were having some “time off”)—and he came without touching himself. Oh, he was wearing a jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2020 8:08 PM

He's on Scruff so I don't think they have to "be on a break" for him to hookup

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2020 9:30 PM

What's his dick like, R58? Sorry not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2020 10:00 PM

Republicans were brainwashed, some as children, and the dissonace between the bill of goods they were sold and reality is enough to make anyone cuckoo.

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2020 10:07 PM

Medium length & girth.

by Anonymousreply 62August 6, 2020 4:08 AM

circumcised?

by Anonymousreply 63August 6, 2020 7:46 AM

^^I hope not! He's civilized, not a barbarian.

by Anonymousreply 64August 6, 2020 7:52 AM

[QUOTE] Is there any gay public figure that is monogamous?

Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 65August 6, 2020 12:37 PM

I was in Fire Island last weekend and saw him on the Grid. He viewed me but that's it. One of his pics is him in a football uniform so I guess he's into gear? One more pic is shirtless and he's doing the double-gun pose. He's hot. Hairy, but not overly. Some fat rolls but that's ok. I like that in a man.

Pity about the brain and the talking.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2021 2:13 PM

Interesting. He's married, right?

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2021 1:36 AM

I don't keep up but last I heard he was?

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2021 11:48 PM

So the the four red numbers 5846 are retroactive? I love it. He's still around but has been neutered.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2021 12:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!