Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else watching the new Epix series Helter Skelter: An American Myth?

you can watch the first episode for free on their site. I saw it the other day on tv. They have interviews with some of the other members about everything going on at the time. I still find these people weird yet fascinating.

The first episode was about Manson starting his cult, his attempts to become a famous recording act, association with Dennis Wilson, the murder of Gary Hinman etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2020 7:36 AM

I saw it and kept asking - why?

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 10:33 PM

I’m all mansommed out. Fucking enough !!

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 2:26 AM

It's a shame Bobby Beausoleil was so stupid and ended up being a killer. He was quite good looking and was breaking into acting. Glad he's in jail

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 2:47 AM

Does this documentary demonstrate a need to exist?

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 2:40 PM

I had no idea until last night that Dennis Wilson actually reworked a song Manson had written and put it on the Beach Boys album. He paid Manson and did not credit him with co-writing

interestingly, producers Dennis had meet Manson did not think Manson was worth signing lol

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 2:21 AM

was very surprised to learn Angela Lansbury's daughter was briefly involved in the cult and hanging out at Spahn Ranch. She let them go on a shopping spree on her parents' credit card. That's when Angela stepped in and had go to Europe for a bit lol

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2020 3:22 AM

Myth?

Fuck Epix.

This was real, people died horribly, not a fucking myth.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2020 7:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!