Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pray for me, Datalounge

I'm home sick again today with flu-like symptoms. This is my fourth bout since February, when I was deathly ill.

My boss informed me I have to get a Covid-19 test before I can go back to work. So I scheduled one of those drive-thru appointments for tomorrow morning at a neighborhood health center. Don't know when I'll get results.

I live check-to-check so I will be in trouble if this thing takes weeks to resolve. The new stimulus check would help, but the politicians are still arguing.

I feel that I keep contracting Covid-19- or mutations or new strains- over and over. I'm 56 but have no real other health problems (5'7", 180 lbs.). And no vaccine in sight...

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote]I feel that I keep contracting Covid-19- or mutations or new strains- over and over.

You would be the first person on earth to do so, according to current scientific wisdom. If you did have Covid-19 (were you tested before?) it's likely that your body never fully cleared the infection.

Many people talk of having new and recurrent symptoms weeks and months after their initial infection.

Whatever it is, it sounds horrible and I hope it clears soon, once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 5:05 PM

I wish you health: tell your story on go fund me. Do you have stuff to sell on ebay? Or on a fb sales group?

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 5:08 PM

........something, something.... stuff

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 5:15 PM

WHere do you live OP?

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 6:53 PM

I hope health for you OP. God bless you.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 7:54 PM

I had covid in mid March. It was an odd flu like thing for me. it went to town on my body for around 30 hours. 104°, shortness of breath, like Rosie O'Donnell on your chest. But then violá, it went away. It was strange because when I get the flu it is a week in bed at a minimum, but this was a quickie. The clinic got back the covid results when I felt better. Hope u do well, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 8:00 PM

If I prayed I would pray for you but I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you get well soon.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 10:22 PM

Best wishes, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 11:54 PM

I wish you heath and peace of mind, OP. The stress of precariousness is just insult to injury.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 12:09 AM

For God’s sake OP get tested! Then report back to us.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 12:29 AM

God bless you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 7:10 AM

That’s terrible, OP. I believe you, and I don’t see why a virus couldn’t lay dormant in your body. Nobody knows everything about this Covid bastard.

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 9:36 AM

Shhhh. Nobody tell OP, but I’m eyeing his stuff now.

He has a fancy Sanyo hi-fi stereo.

I’m calling dibs.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 11:06 AM

Did you take a pregnancy test, dear? Sounds like you could be with child.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 11:49 AM

I also had Covid a month ago. I felt like shit for 11 days. On the 12th day, I was magically better. It was like having the flu for an extended period. I know this thing is killing some people mostly with other underlying medical issues, but I think all the fear and self-quarantining for being around someone who may or may not be sick is ridiculous. Before they develop a vaccine, a lot of people are going to get this, and most of them will live.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 12:09 PM

[quote]I think all the fear and self-quarantining for being around someone who may or may not be sick is ridiculous.

151,000 dead Americans would disagree with you.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 12:14 PM

I think I had it in March/April (shortage of tests here, so I don't know for sure). But I had shortness of breath, persistent chest pain and a mild fever and sore throat for about 6 weeks. I still feel quite exhausted and headachey and just-not-quite-myself. Good luck OP!

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 12:24 PM

OP is describing a situation that is similar to what I've been experiencing. In late January-early February I had a bad cold that took almost 3 weeks to fully recover from, and just a couple of weeks after that I came down with flu-like symptoms; a fever, muscle aches, chills, feeling very weak and fatigued, and having very labored breathing. I debated by the hour on whether to go to the ER, but I rested instead, drank fluids and had improved over the next few days. I had never felt as sick as that before.

Then, two or three weeks after all this, I was in the ER with a near heart-attack from an artery blockage. They couldn't operate because the location was too risky, so they put me on blood thinning medications and prescriptions to lower blood pressure along with nitro for emergencies. This was right around the time Covid began exploding onto the scene in certain parts of the US. After four days in the hospital I was sent back home. About a month later I began having intermittent labored breathing and fevers, along with a general feeling of malaise. I was experiencing anxiety in the extreme and debated once again on making an urgent appointment and getting tested, but ended up weathering the condition. It's now almost 4 months later, and I'm still experiencing mild fevers and bouts of labored breathing, along with random tiredness. I also have mild asthma and I take a controller inhaler twice daily, so I don't think it can be from that alone. Plus, I have days where I feel largely OK, and others where I do not, but one thing remains persistent is a nagging, mild fever. I am going to a wedding in just a few weeks and I am dreading it.

I still contemplate getting tested, but am petrified of what the results may be.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 4:52 PM

What you're going through sounds exactly like covid, R18. Many people who got through the acute phase suffer lingering effects long after. I would get an antibody test to confirm it, so your doctors know what they're dealing with.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 4:56 PM

[quote] I am going to a wedding in just a few weeks and I am dreading it.

Not half as much as the other guests.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote] I'm 56 but have no real other health problems (5'7", 180 lbs.).

Well you could afford to lose 30lbs so perhaps a bout of Covid-19 will work out well for you!

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 5:33 PM

Maybe the OP has the AIDS and that is the problem, no immunity.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 5:47 PM

Have you been to a doctor to get a check up and bloodwork done? Yes, it could be Covid related, but it could be something else entirely. Wish I could bring you some homemade chicken noodle soup, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 6:00 PM

Remember hottie doctor Joseph Fair. He thought he had COVID and told the whole nation he had it. Turns out it wasn't COVID.

Praying for you, OP and (R18).

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 6:07 PM

I saw OP on the deck at the Sip 'n Twirl on Fire Island. She looked awful!

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 6:21 PM

[quote] Remember hottie doctor Joseph Fair. He thought he had COVID and told the whole nation he had it. Turns out it wasn't COVID.

I can only assume those were false negatives. As a physician I’m sure he would know what his signs and symptoms would indicate if they were anything other than COVID. Plus, he got sick shortly after flying on a plane to Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 1:58 PM

R18 you shouldn’t leave your house for any reason other than to get tested.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 2:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!